• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Launching a game 5 hours late looks really bad for a company.

540 posts in this topic

Posted

You can't even launch the game on time, how can we expect you to maintain it well?

Umm...no not really. maybe try be less of a drama queen next time

Posted

Well like almost everybody else here, who is in there right mind said better a bug free game and a delayed game, then a broken piece of garbage. So goo bdo team.

Posted

another good point, they managed to get headstart out ontime so not sure why release which has no name reseves or other bs is so hard

Of course they managed to launch that on time, they paid 100$. Others paying the regular price isn't that important right?

Posted

Naw some have had lag but I've never had one start 4 hours late.

what mmo's have you played put up or shut up supertroll

Posted

Its an MMO, deal with it.

Posted

Launching a game 4 hours late looks really bad for a company.

No, what looks bad are all the whiners complaining about every little thing that does not perfectly go their way. 

I would MUCH rather have a company delay something than to release it and spend days or weeks trying to fix the mess made by releasing something that needed more tweaking. Pre-start was not smooth so I suspect that Daum is being more careful with the big maintenance fixes for these problems and roll out of release.

Stop whining, go invest your time in RL or playing another game. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I've participated in probably 15 mmo launches.

This is the first to just outright start late.

15,,,,yea, sure thing buddy!

Posted

Is the fanboy blind or what?

Dude, I've worked in CS for many years. Having a launch this big, plus fixing the issues they had beforehand requires time and concentration on their side.
You can plan all you want, in the end there will always be a delay if you want a smooth launch.

Your WoW examples just suck. Every launch, even every patch I can remember resulted in an emergency maintenance later that day.

2 people like this

Posted

All the old folk that remember EQ are snickering at the outrage over this. It's better to have them test and make sure everything is OK rather than have to have a rollback an hour after servers came up because something got b0rked.

2 people like this

Posted

you know 100% that their definition of strong will end up actually meaning not strong enough....

Hopefully they get it fix this time with no problem arising today, since they had beta launch and soft launch to look for problems.

Posted

Dude, I've worked in CS for many years. Having a launch this big, plus fixing the issues they had beforehand requires time and concentration on their side.
You can plan all you want, in the end there will always be a delay if you want a smooth launch.

Your WoW examples just suck. Every launch, even every patch I can remember resulted in an emergency maintenance later that day.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

I'm sorry I can like only once.

Posted

You can't even launch the game on time, how can we expect you to maintain it well?

First time I've ever seen anything like it in all my gaming...I've been gaming since Pong arrived at the candy store in the 70's....yes I 'm that old.

I'd rather a delay then crashes or rerolls. Does that sound familiar?

Posted (edited)

Hopefully they get it fix this time with no problem arising today, since they had beta launch and soft launch to look for problems.

you know now that you mention it why isnt anybody mentioning the fact that there weren't any REAL stress tests on the server ever? They went CB1 CB2 --> Soft Launch --> Launch, any smart mmo launch should have stress tests with LARGE amounts of players logging on for even just a few minutes..................

~IM JUST SAYING MAYBE IF THEY HAD SOME FORESIGHT AND PROPER PLANNING AND TESTING PHASES THEY COULD HAVE AVOIDED SOME IF NOT MOST OF THE PROBLEMS EVEN THOUGH NOBODY ELSE IS MENTIONING THIS?~

Edited by stan

Posted (edited)

No, srsly. Beside that disappointment some of us had on 28th, 01.03 and 02.03, you write you are delaying the launch to 12:00 for maintainance on 03.03. Then 14:00. Then 16:00.
Is it me or there's some incompetence here?

Edited by Shaklotan

Posted

So many new people to the MMO genra they expect a smooth launch and smoother Maintenance... once the game is opened I expect it to crash and be down for another hour or two.

Welcome to MMOS!

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it me or I smell incompetence here?

It's you

Posted

oh my god can you get off the forums? All of your posts are so negative!  

Posted

Is the fanboy blind or what?

that comment right there proves you are a troll and nothing more anything you post in these forums is with the intent to flame or troll you used the keyword you have no credibility and now i shall block all future threads by you.

get a life supertroll your shit is stale and a week late 

Posted

there is no rush, i rather error on the side of caution, i am sure most adults here can deal with any delays, its just the brainless infantile spoilt brats or goddam junkies that need their daily fix...

Posted

No, srsly. Beside that disappointment some of us had on 28th, 01.03 and 02.03, you write you are delaying the launch to 12:00 for maintainance on 03.03. Then 14:00. Then 16:00.
Is it me or I smell incompetence here?

The smell of incompetence is strong, there was no reason for them to start maintenance so close to launch if they had anticipated problems they should have had at least a 4 hour buffer to be sure that any extensions would not conflict with the launch schedule 

Posted

what mmo's have you played put up or shut up supertroll

Final Fantasy XI

EVE Online

Star Wars Galaxies

City of Heroes

EverQuest II

World of Warcraft

City of Villains

Guild Wars

The Lord of the Rings Online

Age of Conan

Aion

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Star Trek Online

DC Universe Online

Rift

Star Wars: The Old Republic

TERA

Blade & Soul

Guild Wars 2

Phantasy Star Online 2

Neverwinter

The Elder Scrolls Online

Marvel Heroes

WildStar

Keep calling me a liar though. :)

Posted

Im guessing this is your first game launch ever?

This is perfectly normal, and its much better to wait 4 hours than start up something buggy and glitched that could potentially set you back HOURS once they get around to fixing it.

Posted

A MAINTENANCE they could have done MUCH EARLIER to AVOID this JOKE

This is -----ing gay first they take our money then we dont get a head start and now we cant even play at 13 cet ... and i guess it wont be able at 17cet..... ----- THIS GAME

WoD launched earlier than midnight and had 1000x as many players.

[anyone want some cheese with this post?][
here's an idea...

394400_510557412291402_974985153_n.jpg

1618600_10153720442930391_647478645_n.jpg

11406401_1078067512222636_6805497795059566618_n.jpg

Posted

Seriously, just dont play the game... Crying about it isnt going to solve anything. I really love this game and whatever bugs or issues it may have, I'd like it to get fixed asap. Now if theres like a 1-3hour que time after the maintenance, then it seems fair to whine and cry about it. Go hug and say i love you to your loved ones or something, spend that extra 2 hours extended time with your family. Im sure they miss you from all the hardcore gaming you're doing. @WhoeverIsComplainingAboutTheMaintenance     

1 person likes this

Posted

I paid 50$ to play. And I am not going around whining about the extention of the maint. We are all human after all. They got to make sure everything is working right. Cause I am sure they are tired of people complaining on the forums.

1 person likes this