• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Launching a game 5 hours late looks really bad for a company.

540 posts in this topic

Posted

Remember Blade & Soul? People bought preorder packs of 130 EUR and the server crashed like 8 times the launch day. Better wait now and get it done for good than a continous crashing server.

I remember playing that game in Korea 5 years before NA release.... dear lord you think its bad on its second coming, you shouldve seen the first coming!

111.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

So many new people to the MMO genra they expect a smooth launch and smoother Maintenance... once the game is opened I expect it to crash and be down for another hour or two.

Welcome to MMOS!

Pretty much this, I expected cashes, lags, dcs etc. but had only some small rubber banding that ended the moment it started, so far this the smoothest release I have participated in.

Posted

You can't even launch the game on time, how can we expect you to maintain it well?

The panic is real.

Posted

I've participated in probably 15 mmo launches.

This is the first to just outright start late.

I had to laugh at this one.....sure ya did...This is the first one ever to be late...riiiiight.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rather them sort everything out, go out into the sunlight for the extra few hours.. But put some sun lotion on incase the sunlight burns your pale skin m9.

8b2.thumb.gif.34136d917425d94367806e3035e8e924.gif

that gif makes my eyes hurt

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No, srsly. Beside that disappointment some of us had on 28th, 01.03 and 02.03, you write you are delaying the launch to 12:00 for maintainance on 03.03. Then 14:00. Then 16:00.
Is it me or there's some incompetence here?

In any case this whole experience has been very disappointing. All the people who have already played in the beta, played in the headstart etc. Please stop saying how fine it is, you haven't been -----ed as much as the rest of us over the last week. We haven't been able to try the game yet and we're really hyped to try it, but when you get hit by bad news and delays every time you hype yourself up to play you're going to end up really disappointed. See the situation from others point of you as well, not just your own.

Edited by Finalcell

Posted

Just because you took off from work does not make it prime-time, at least try to stay realistic.

If this was during the same time in the US, I dread to think would the backlash would have been like from that playerbase.

Posted (edited)

No, srsly. Beside that disappointment some of us had on 28th, 01.03 and 02.03, you write you are delaying the launch to 12:00 for maintainance on 03.03. Then 14:00. Then 16:00.
Is it me or there's some incompetence here?

Its not you, because a competent way to handle this would have been to ask for MORE time than necessary in the FIRST PLACE, that way NOBODY GETS MAD because NOBODY EXPECTED IT TO BE READY at that time. This is incompetence. All of us have been in school before, when you are late on assignment and ask for extension teacher might say ok sure. Then you ask again, she will say why, you will say i shit my pants or some bullshit, she will say okay. oops one more time you forgot the assignment on time, ask teacher for extension she will say why, you will say my grandma died. do you think your teacher is going to believe you again when you ----- up "one more time"?

no.

Edited by stan

Posted

That's why i hate maintenance...cause i will read the general forum again... was so happy yesterday with my smooth traveler's launch

Posted

I just wonder if this is a Maintenance, Pre-Maintenance, Non-Pre-Maintenance, Extended-Maintenance, Non-Extended-Maintenance,, Post-Maintenance, Non-Post-Maintenance, Pre-Non-Post-Extended-Maintenance. o.O

But for real, I rather it take longer than a roll back like other mmo launches I have been in. :P

Posted (edited)

~need to also mention this~

What they tried with us today is the airline strategy, if you've ever seen 30 rock you remember that episode with Liz on the airplane? They keep saying "30 more minutes passengers and we'll be going"
FOR HOURS. eventually all the passengers just went -----ing insane if i remember correctly and rioted so it is *HUMAN NATURE* to get pissed after a certain point, and we're all gonna have different ticking points.

if this happened to you on a plane, would you accept it? just saying...they need to have had a better approach at the very very very very least.

Edited by stan

Posted

Guy is straight u up liar. If you where there for launch of 15mmo's and this is the worst you big liar

Posted

Launch was Sunday. It was on time. ----- and contradict if you want but headstart is still launch, you chose not to be part of it. Go play one of the other 15 mmos you're a part of till this 'launches'.

1 person likes this

Posted

You seem angry, very angry.

SI7i0tD.png

Posted

You can't even launch the game on time, how can we expect you to maintain it well?

Go get a job. Then you can buy more stuff in the cash shop. Go for a walk. Go swing at the park. there are many other things you can be doing aside from spewing negativity about something beyond your control. Toxic communities ruin good games. you sir are toxic to the community..... go back to AA

1 person likes this

Posted

Not really, consumer idiocy always finds a way regardless.

Posted

Just heard this, the geek who runs the servers has been told how many copies they have sold and now he will not come out of the stationery cupboard. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I just wonder if this is a Maintenance, Pre-Maintenance, Non-Pre-Maintenance, Extended-Maintenance, Non-Extended-Maintenance,, Post-Maintenance, Non-Post-Maintenance, Pre-Non-Post-Extended-Maintenance. o.O

But for real, I rather it take longer than a roll back like other mmo launches I have been in. :P

or break the game with tons of lag and issues i rather have a good game a bit later then a broken game right know 

1 person likes this

Posted

god dam it, justwoke up(well now it slike hour and half since then) and wnated to play and got this. How our math teacher said- mala suerte :P

Posted

Posted

Launch was Sunday. It was on time. ----- and contradict if you want but headstart is still launch, you chose not to be part of it. Go play one of the other 15 mmos you're a part of till this 'launches'.

This is untrue, That was early access. Today is the official launch date. But it does not really matter.

Posted (edited)

Go get a job. Then you can buy more stuff in the cash shop. Go for a walk. Go swing at the park. there are many other things you can be doing aside from spewing negativity about something beyond your control. Toxic communities ruin good games. you sir are toxic to the community..... go back to AA

I have a job. I work at night and my time to play is rn. Thanks for your concern though!

Also lol at the people calling me out for 15 mmos played but shut up after my list.

Stay free.

Edited by saucen

Posted

I would venture to guess that people who pre-ordered are not complaining as much because we know whats waiting for us when it does come up-fun and more fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

I didnt want to play on early release i learned my lesson from other games with that as nothing ever goes how a person hopes, but i thought i would wait till today to play, but i already knew maintenance would be happening today and i dont mind that its going to be later than expected to play, why? because id rather them get as much fixed as possible for it to run smoothly than get it done as fast as possible and cut a few corners. So yer its going to be late grab a coffee and chill with something else, go out enjoy yourself and later play bdo till your hearts content. Have fun enjoy your day

Posted

that gif makes my eyes hurt

racist