• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Launching a game 5 hours late looks really bad for a company.

540 posts in this topic

Posted

My list is almost identical to yours, and you are entirely correct. This is the first MMO I have ever played that just literally didn't launch at launch time. 

It absolutely is.  Fanboys are just blind.

Every single game on that list I was at least logged in with a character made on time.

Posted

Semantics don't win arguements. For the vast majority of players, today is launch day and the game is 8 hours late. How you define it doesn't change that fact. Opinions are built around experiences, not words. 

Playing to your 'opinion'. Say today is 'launch' it's not late, till tomorrow. Nowhere on your purchase was a time guaranteed for access. #devilsadvocate

Everybody who didn't pony up for "early access" right now.
MortonSalt_Logo.jpg.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Silchas_Ruin
Not worth it

Posted (edited)

All you people saying its okay for them to be late on their OFFICIAL LAUNCH need to get off the meat stick and sober up for a second.

I have been playing since Conq pack early release and even I think this is bad. Could you imagine being outside of a store for a grand opening, and one of the managers peeks their head out and says, "Sorry guys, we are ready, give us a couple more hours, we slept in..," give me a freakin break.

If there are any concerns about it having issues start earlier. If there are still minor issues, launch anyways, and work on your patch while peope are in game and bring it down for 15 minutes to apply it.

You cant just leave people waiting at your door at a time YOU designated.  This ISN'T routine maintenance, this is their game's LAUNCH.

EXACTLY what I've been saying, so many people just don't understand the actual significance of a failed grand opening...I'm just saying in any other industry when the grand opening is this bad it sends a really bad message to any future customers. Notably though...we live in the hardcore fanboy age so people are ready to defend anything...(trump anybody? you tell me hes viable/not retarded I'll tell you to get educated...)

also in recent memory I do remember the GW2 launch going EXTREMELY smooth and even getting in a few minutes early..

Edited by stan

Posted

World of Warcrafts launch involved a 1 week server maintenance, and they still went on to be the most popular MMO of all time. I think we can forgive a couple hours guys...

1 person likes this

Posted

Playing to your 'opinion'. Say today is 'launch' it's not late, till tomorrow. Nowhere on your purchase was a time guaranteed for access. #devilsadvocate

I have literally no idea what you are talking about. The advertised release time was 6 hours ago. If you buy a car and they deliver one with square wheels, do you say "oh well, it wasn't advertised with guaranteed round wheels" ?

Posted

*insert random crying meme*

get over it. read a book. play later. I know you need to "vent," but it accomplishes nothing. If they extended maintenance, that means something wasn't up to par and all their devs are on it trying to fix it. To think that crying about it on the forums is going to do something is like crying about your apartment building being on fire and the fire trucks being in the way of you getting inside.

Woosah brother...

Posted

After reading all of this i came to the conclusion he is a bum, and a troll

Posted

World of Warcrafts launch involved a 1 week server maintenance, and they still went on to be the most popular MMO of all time. I think we can forgive a couple hours guys...

wth are you talking about? that didn't happen...they launched and had RANDOM maintenances to fix issues, but they were there when they said they would be open...

Posted

So, launching the game with known problems that arose during early access just to keep the timetable is more important than maintaining it?

What is in question is not keeping the time table; it is time management. They could have done the maintenance in the hours prior to the advertised release time. 

Posted

All you people saying its okay for them to be late on their OFFICIAL LAUNCH need to get off the meat stick and sober up for a second.

I have been playing since Conq pack early release and even I think this is bad. Could you imagine being outside of a store for a grand opening, and one of the managers peeks their head out and says, "Sorry guys, we are ready, give us a couple more hours, we slept in..," give me a freakin break.

If there are any concerns about it having issues start earlier. If there are still minor issues, launch anyways, and work on your patch while peope are in game and bring it down for 15 minutes to apply it.

You cant just leave people waiting at your door at a time YOU designated.  This ISN'T routine maintenance, this is their game's LAUNCH.

I'm saying that I appreciate them making an honest effort to launch the game without issues, rather than focusing on an arbitrary timeline. 

Most other games would launch "on time," but you'd be stuck in the login queue for 6 hrs, get into the game, crash,and wait another 8 hrs to log back in.  NO THANKS.

Fix it right, then bring everything back on line. 

We lived without the game our entire lives.  We can all survive another two hours. 

Posted (edited)

all you people and what is that supposed to mean you racist ? i never said it was ok but i never said it was Launching a game 4 hours late looks really bad for a company 

most responding to this is not the only game that had issues on Launch learn to read or just don't respond

Edited by Hulkamaniaffxiv

Posted

Go back to Tera you whiny f*cks. "boo hoo they launched late" next thing you'll ask for compensation if a GM sneezed. dumbass sacks of shit. 

1 person likes this

Posted

First off, no it didnt.

Secondly, that was over 11 years ago. 

Posted (edited)

Hhhhh.. do you want the game to fail under the stress of the flood? Or just break down all together. They're probably tweaking a lot of small things and making it playable in what is sure to be a storm of ple- I mean.. lower paying players. 

2 hours is not going to kill you.

26409143.jpg

Everytime I see your username I know i'm in for a salty ride man. ._. 

Edited by Skipling

Posted

Might i suggest go spend some time with the kids or family .... as all you QQers in a few weeks time will be like. 

Capture.PNG

Posted

You can't even launch the game on time, how can we expect you to maintain it well?

Here we go. Momys little princess first MMO release...

Posted

I have literally no idea what you are talking about. The advertised release time was 6 hours ago. If you buy a car and they deliver one with square wheels, do you say "oh well, it wasn't advertised with guaranteed round wheels" ?

No where on the purchase page did it give you an access time. They 'advertised' their plans, not guarantees, on the forums. Plans are subject to change. If you're so upset about it go refund it. Community doesn't need people flipping tables over an extended maintenance.

Posted

Delayed for another 2h hahahahhaha ETC 16.00 UTC hahahha trolololololol :D

Posted (edited)

I'm saying that I appreciate them making an honest effort to launch the game without issues, rather than focusing on an arbitrary timeline. 

Most other games would launch "on time," but you'd be stuck in the login queue for 6 hrs, get into the game, crash,and wait another 8 hrs to log back in.  NO THANKS.

Fix it right, then bring everything back on line. 

We lived without the game our entire lives.  We can all survive another two hours. 

I've said this before

I'll say it again

if you need to delay launch ASK FOR MORE TIME THAN YOU NEED

WHEN YOU FINISH EARLY CUSTOMERS WILL THANK YOU

WHEN YOU ASK FOR TOO LITTLE TIME

AND THEN KEEP ASKING FOR EXTENSIONS

DO YOU REALLY THINK

PEOPLE

WILL

NOT

GET

ANGRY

???????????????????????

PLS

AIRPLANING US IS -----ING STUPID THERES LITERALLY NO REASON TO DO IT

JUST -----ING ASK FOR MORE TIME IN THE FIRST -----ING PLACE IS THAT SO HARD TO DO LOL

Edited by stan

Posted

What is in question is not keeping the time table; it is time management. They could have done the maintenance in the hours prior to the advertised release time. 

Little factoid for you.  No matter what they do, "someone" is going to ----- about it.  If they'd have done what you suggest they would have been -----ing over the head-start people even further.  Maintenance windows suck, but they are needed.

TL:DR - Deal with it.

Posted

Here we go. Momys little princess first MMO release...

Looks like someone didnt read anything in the thread then posted something dumb.

Don't worry, it's happens.

Posted

aplausos.gif

Posted

what did you think they were doing? stuff that doenst require a total server shutdown like now

First off, no it didnt.

Secondly, that was over 11 years ago. 

contradiction :^)

and the 11 years ago exuse doesnt apply since it did happen did it not?

Posted

You can't even launch the game on time, how can we expect you to maintain it well?

wow you clearly don't know about new games don't yah?
first of all new games have bugs and alot of twerks to fix before it will be up and running good.
second the whinning of a maintence is completly stupid I mean do you want a game thats broken when it's launch or do you want a update that takes 2 hours longer so you can run/jump and have fun?
thirdly if you can't wait make dinner/ take a shower or what ever you can do so your time moves "faster"