• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My point of view

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, 
I do not understand the hate, the qq on the forum. The Community around BDO is extremly toxic. I do not know why, and what causes it. But i bet here a lot of kids involved, which are new to mmos and do not know anything. 
Pearl Abyss, Daum is doing a great job from my point of view. 

1. Cash Shop price reduction. 
I played a lot of games, a lot of mmos, even worked as Vice/ Volunteer GM in some. 
I have NEVER seen a perm reduction in the pricing ever. NEVER. 
This is a big step from a company towards the players from my point of view. 
Do not forget, you dont ever need Cash Shop Stuff.. 
And do not forget nearly every MMo has a Cash shop. I doesnt matter if it is Buy 2 Play, Free 2 Play, Pay 2 Play. In the end it matters whas inside. 
Do not forget Even Single Player games come today with DLC to make more money or Shops you can buy Stuff ( Assasins Creed, the Crew ). The game is in the end aiming for Adults

2. The Headstart 
I do not know if you ever joined a game start. But i think you didnt. In the end i think the Headstart did go very very smooth. And the majority of player base did start playing. 
The problems which happened were really not a big deal. I played games, which were not play able the first days. The Server crashed, The log in server crashed. 
I had my first DC after 11 hours playing. Some Full Released MMos which are out longer, crash faster. 
Again Pearl Abyss Daum, you did well here. The minor Bugging are peanuts. 
The server getting at their limits, because of the huge player amount, But still most players can play without troubles. 

3. The Whine 
God damn its so annyoing. Some people just find anything to whine? What is our problem? Didnt you get your Breakfast cookie from mommy today? Grow up. make constructive critic not such a shit. And use the Search function join the Thread if their is already one regarding your issue. 
Again you shoulda check other Mmos and get some experience, what is shit. 

4. Just leave 
You dont like it? you have a problem? Just go. Nobody cares if you dont like it. Goddamn. I know you post everything on Facebook, but that aint normal and we dont care. 
Just log out, delete the game, done. 
proves that only kidz are here, which sees it as normal nowadays. 

Ahh and in the end. 
do not forget Kidz and whiners we oldys will destroy you in the pvp zone. No Mommy and Daddy  :) ( which will be funny cause you hate the game andm ade it to lvl 50 ) 

Edited by Seskahin
2 people like this

Posted

Every game community is like this.

Pick any game on Steam and read the discussions, it's full of cancerous gamer garbage.

Posted

I agree with you for the majority of your post.

However I don't think this community is 'toxic' I think the forums are toxic because it's full of trolls.

In no way do these forums represent the true community of BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

However I don't think this community is 'toxic' I think the forums are toxic because it's full of trolls.

Yes i mean the forum community in the end. 
i do not undersand why the Gms do not use the mighty Banhammer

Posted

Pick any game on Steam and read the discussions, it's full of cancerous gamer garbage.

dat face doe

Posted

Yes i mean the forum community in the end. i do not undersand why the Gms do not use the mighty Banhammer

Because some of these members *cough* someone whose name is a kind of book *cough*

spreads that the GMs are abusing their powers on sites like Reddit.

Posted

Believe it or not, 99% of them are adults.

Posted

and you are whining about the whiners, so ? You contribute to the thing you hate by only making it worse.

We have people whining, people whining about whining people. And people whining more. You are exactly like them.

Posted (edited)

Cash shop in general doesn't bother me, its the prices.

They are over priced for just about everything.

I still have not figured out what this $15 horse whistle actually does or if it serves a purpose at all other than to be a stick you need to lube to stick up your horses butt to check its temp.

Dyes are horribly over priced and poor value for being 1 time use and totally random.

Costumes should be $15 including weapon. $10 without.

Pets should be $4,  $5 for falcons if they want those to cost more.

Everything else needs at least 40% reduction in price.

Honestly who ever came up with the prices now should be fired, they truly do not care about selling their digital products to the majority or giving you what feels like value for your money.

Edited by WildAce

Posted

Trolls who are going to all be in game later today D:

Posted

Gods I hope you're right. Usually an MMO community starts out starry eye'd and well...like an actual community, takes a years worth of bad patches and class balance to turn it into toxic hangout. Not that I mind the venom, been around too long in too many places, seen worse, heard worse and it gives me something to read whilst waiting :]

But it must be a hell of a sight for the new folks visiting.

Posted

Especially on forums. Haha. If my friends ever want to play a game I am playing - I tell them right away, DO NOT GO ON THE FORUMS .. these places leave such a bad taste in your mouth. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Cash shop in general doesn't bother me, its the prices.

They are over priced for just about everything.

I still have not figured out what this $15 horse whistle actually does or if it serves a purpose at all other than to be a stick you need to lube to stick up your horses butt.

Dyes are horribly over priced and poor value for being 1 time use and totally random.

Costumes should be $15 including weapon. $10 without.

Pets should be $4,  $5 for falcons if they want those to cost more.

Everything else needs at least 40% reduction in price.

Honestly who ever came up with the prices now should be fired, they truly do not care about selling their digital products to the majority or giving you what feels like value for your money.

Daum and Pearl Abyss stated that costume and weapon skins are meant to make you feel unique, if everyone wears a cash shop skin it's not going to be unique but something extremely common, that's why the high prices.

Posted

The OP should be banned. He adds nothing but bait trolls. Please shut up and never post again.

Posted

R.E. The cash shop - many people feel that it's a joke that a single costume costs almost as much as the entire game, a couple of dollars reduction doesn't change much.

Also, the simple fact is the cash shop provides things that simply can't be gained in game. Pets/Stats; pets are pretty much essential if you want to grind seriously, and 10% of 50 million exp will save you hours of grinding. The fact is you can't gain any of these things in game, and it's a very grey area of p2w.

The biggest problem with headstart was serendia, people got misplaced which meant being separated from friends/guilds and in general not being on the server they wanted. They weren't even offered a server transfer.

Also people's items that they paid for weren't being received; imagine going to a shop, giving them money but instead of giving it to you straight away like they're supposed to, they tell you to wait 6 days for it. But we should be happy about that right?

Let me turn your final problem around on you... You don't like people complaining on the forums? Don't come here, don't look at the topics, no one will miss you. Just log out, delete the website from your browser history. Done.

Posted (edited)

Daum and Pearl Abyss stated that costume and weapon skins are meant to make you feel unique, if everyone wears a cash shop skin it's not going to be unique but something extremely common, that's why the high prices.

Then they are doing a bad job at that.

Because as it stand there is very little variety in the game, as well as in the cash shop.

There are only 10-15ish costumes in the cash shop depending on the class and most are clones across the same sex.

So you are never going to feel unique even if they charged $100 for a costume.

BTW you shouldn't believe them about that poor excuse, you are the kind of person they love to milk the gullible type.

Edited by WildAce

Posted (edited)

Then they are doing a bad job at that.

Because as it stand there is very little variety in the game, as well as in the cash shop.

There are only 10-15ish costumes in the cash shop depending on the class and most are clones across the same sex.

So you are never going to feel unique even if they charged $100 for a costume.

BTW you shouldn't believe them about that poor excuse, you are the kind of person they love to milk the gullible type.

I absolutely agree on that, and I really hope that over time the ammount of costumes increases and the prices drop proportionally.

And sorry but I'm not the kind of person they love milking, I won't pay 30$ for a cosmetic item when I can get a whole new game for that price. There is no need at all to buy any of the cash shop stuff.

Edited by Trairan

Posted

This is not only for games....ream imdb for movies and tv series...lots of whine topic in very good movies or tv series...they try to find anything to whine about...

I have said it many times...i can deal with the preorder items error or...or with this big maintenance...i won't tolerate if this game turns p2w...then i will quit...but all this useless whine...meh

Posted

Thank you for your topic, and I agree with much of what you’ve said. As I’ve noted in other topics some people are understandably disappointed because many people altered their plans, or took time off work or other concessions in order to play. They had their heart set a particular time that in the end just wasn’t viable in order for the game to be playable for the masses. That said, there were also issues that affected those who preordered and some of those people felt that the compensation was too delayed and not sufficient.

The disappointment is understandable, but like you I wish that the conduct was more polite and a bit more reasonable. What I mean by reasonable, is that it’s okay to feel a certain way, but someone’s behaviour is their own responsibility and some people have acted with hostility and impatience. I think the community in BDO is actually very positive, but as the general tend goes those who have complaints will find themselves on the forums because they are looking for an outlet to be heard. I think that’s a very important thing to keep in mind, because as upset as some of these people are and as impulsive as some of their behaviours can be—They are also the ones  highlighting the issues so they ‘can’ be resolved.

My issue, if one exists at all with the community, is that I wish impractically that more people would voice their concerns or debate their positions with one another without resorting to name-calling and other petty uses of rhetoric.

People are very passionate about this game because as much as some do complain, they are excited and can see the potential. I have empathy for these people but I do not believe they define our community.

Posted

and you are whining about the whiners, so ? You contribute to the thing you hate by only making it worse.

We have people whining, people whining about whining people. And people whining more. You are exactly like them.

You dont get the difference between construktive words and whine my friend. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0