• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

DAUM confirms: "This is the worst launch we've ever done!"

15 posts in this topic

Posted

whaletroll.thumb.png.d2614044c80c72e7993

Posted

I cant imagine how much stress those guys are under with everyone screaming at them and trying to get things right for i dont know how many people.

They are trying their best and that all we can ask

Posted

I cant imagine how much stress those guys are under with everyone screaming at them and trying to get things right for i dont know how many people.

If they are smart, they completely ignore the forum during downtimes.

Posted (edited)

I personally do not disagree with what you're trying to say, but alolow me to play devil's advocate. (note, I do agree that overall Daum is doing well outside of the communication issues, but creating some hypothetical banter)

If you employs someone to do a job and they do not perform that job to the extent they should, you do not keep them on and let them "try their best", you dismiss them and find someone competant

Edited by Rapthorne

Posted

I hope they are professionals and they do indeed! Reading forums = waste of time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well.. Someone told me that the only thing Daum did as a company before this was European Cell Phone Apps...? Dunno if this is true, don't have a source... buuuuut yea....

Posted (edited)

Were they also stressed when they got my 100eur and gave almost nothing in exchange ? ( claimed the rewards, but never received them ingame ! ). Now i can't even play because there was a maintenance almost every day. They must be very stressed staying on top of hundread million dollars/euros and giving us virtual "GM aplogies" in exchange for our money...

Edited by BitterVet

Posted

This is not helping.

It's feeding the trolls and enticing people to complain.

But hey, who am I to tell you what to do?

Posted (edited)

I doubt that any developer with a shed of self-respect reads the sh1t hole called a "forum", which is why there are forum mods, community managers etc.

Edited by Kayazo

Posted (edited)

Well.. Someone told me that the only thing Daum did as a company before this was European Cell Phone Apps...? Dunno if this is true, don't have a source... buuuuut yea....

Daum EU is a newly formed company and this is the flagship project for them, however Daum EU is a subsidiary of Daum Game Korea which is a huge company

Edited by Rapthorne

Posted (edited)

Daum EU is new. Daum KR is a huge communications company, but they are technically different companies. Run differently by different people in different regions.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

I don't get all this whining about the launch, I have seen far worse.

Posted

Imagine if the servers will crash after the maintenance lol. If things are this salty right now, imagine then. Daum.

Posted

it was the worst of times.... it was the best of times

or somthin

Posted

I personally do not disagree with what you're trying to say, but alolow me to play devil's advocate. (note, I do agree that overall Daum is doing well outside of the communication issues, but creating some hypothetical banter)

If you employs someone to do a job and they do not perform that job to the extent they should, you do not keep them on and let them "try their best", you dismiss them and find someone competant

If that was the case, every mmo staff that's ever rolled out a highly anticipated mmo would be fired. Extended maintenance, bugs, and so on are all part of rolling out games imo. Have yet to experience a launch without it. Hell, even companies like Blizzard who have been around for a while and should have it down to an art can't go without extending maintenance and having bugs etc during their launches, much less a newer company such as Daum.

Buuuut for how addicting this game is, they're going to get some impatient people during down times for sure haha! I woke up exactly when servers were supposed to go back up for that reason. Silly me :D  

I don't get all this whining about the launch, I have seen far worse.

Agreed. People are just mad because they want to be in game is all. The game's addicting af. lol