• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Would this be acceptable if this wasn't an MMO?

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As the title says, would you accept the amount of miscommunication, delays and total lack of planning Daum has shown if this was any other genre? 
Personally I wouldn't, but then again I actually expect companies to deliver the product they have sold. 

I can tell you I put in a refund during the whole 'Explorer Pack' controversy and I'm still waiting for them to get back to me. I will play the game, don't get me wrong. But I'm not interested in paying 50$ for it. If this happened to any other game, which you could actually get from a retailer I can guarantee a lot of people would be heading back to said retailer at this point. 

You should consider making a new account first, since the chance your account get banned is quite high the moment you initiate a refund. Of course, there's a part in the Term of Agreement that allow them to ban your account under any circumstance they seems fit, and nothing you can do about it.

As for the main question, well, BDO does have good concept on stuffs, but if you turn this into a single playing game, it won't work well. The game is designed to be MMO, with the map design, game play elements, questings, aution house etc. 

On the other hand, the reversed can also be applied, since single-player and MMO games are designed differently, so it's like comparing a fish on its ability to climb a tree with a monkey.

Edited by Daymond

Posted

As the title says, would you accept the amount of miscommunication, delays and total lack of planning Daum has shown if this was any other genre? 
Personally I wouldn't, but then again I actually expect companies to deliver the product they have sold. 

I can tell you I put in a refund during the whole 'Explorer Pack' controversy and I'm still waiting for them to get back to me. I will play the game, don't get me wrong. But I'm not interested in paying 50$ for it. If this happened to any other game, which you could actually get from a retailer I can guarantee a lot of people would be heading back to said retailer at this point. 

Not defending DAUM on this but the list of games that were released in a sorry state includes everything from Assassin's creed to SimCity. So yes, across genres.

That said, having been playing BDO since Feb 28th, the game itself is a lot of fun and in a much better state that most other games I've played on release over the last 25 years...

1 person likes this

Posted

You're a potato

Posted

It's not about a broken game and people whining that they don't get what they want.  It's about customers displeased the the poor planning, miscommunication and poorly handled issues.  It's common for complex launches to have complex issues.  But a community that blindly says that nothing is Daum's fault... is it any wonder that they solve these issues with the quickest (and sometimes sub-optimal) fix?

1 person likes this

Posted

No matter what the fanboys say the answer is no.

No game has ever launched 4 hours late.

Posted

No matter what the fanboys say the answer is no.

No game has ever launched 4 hours late.

>_> not sure if trolling. Or just stupid. Assuming trolling.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not about a broken game and people whining that they don't get what they want.  It's about customers displeased the the poor planning, miscommunication and poorly handled issues.  It's common for complex launches to have complex issues.  But a community that blindly says that nothing is Daum's fault... is it any wonder that they solve these issues with the quickest (and sometimes sub-optimal) fix?

Not like i defend the company, since they are the one at fault, but the game itself is quite decent. If people can ignore minor issues from a game like The Witcher 3 and enjoy it, they could do the same for BDO and give the devs time to fix.

Daum is the publisher, not the company who develop this game, even if they send your feedback, it still depends on the time Pearl Abyss - the developer - takes to fix it. Meanwhile, the community keep flaming on the publisher, and what can they do ? nothing.

Posted

>_> not sure if trolling. Or just stupid. Assuming trolling.

The stupid or trolling thing is old and it usually just means you have no real response.

Posted

Look, there was an issue in the head start that needed fixing, so they have to fix it. It's that simple.

Feck off with your entitlement culture, this is the real world.

Sometimes shit happens and as long as they are working to solve it, that's all we can expect. 

Go do something else with your life, 2 hours or how many hours this will take.

Stuff like this is NEVER a problem in the long term. And if you're a over entitled little tnuc that can't wait till stuff gets fixed and therefore leave the community, then... great... makes it a better place for the rest of us.

Posted

The stupid or trolling thing is old and it usually just means you have no real response.

Nah just means you're probably new to games in general, and have a lack of understanding on how hard it is to deliver a product like this and not have ----- ups. Also calling someone a fanboy is just as old and offers no substance to your "response" other than petty insults because you're wrong.

2 people like this

Posted

Nah just means you're probably new to games in general, and have a lack of understanding on how hard it is to deliver a product like this and not have ----- ups. Also calling someone a fanboy is just as old and offers no substance to your "response" other than petty insults because you're wrong.

Nah just means you're probably new to games in general, 

lol okay kid. keep fanboying. 4 hour late launch is not acceptable. 

Posted

Because your comment didn't deserve a real response. Games launch late all the time if bugs are found. Late launch > bugged launch / servers crashing.

Posted

Put in for a refund. Will still play the game. Doesn't realize that putting in for a refund locks your account. Is generally an asshat. Got it.

This, I was about to post pretty much this.

What 99% of the people complaining don't get is that this benefits us. Crying over it doesn't really help in any regard. See the place out side your window? Go visit it and launch will happen sooner for you.

A poor product? Go back to whatever mmo you crawled out of then, this community doesn't need you.

go-back-to-the-shadow.thumb.gif.43fbdac6

Also this. All of it. <3

Posted

At least I know how to tell time. 1 hour ago they said it was extended by 2, the originally launch time is 0900 EST which is now (0938 EST to be exact).

Posted (edited)

At least I know how to tell time. 1 hour ago they said it was extended by 2, the originally launch time is 0900 EST which is now (0938 EST to be exact).

The original time was 7am est. It was changed to 9am this morning. Now 11am.

Keep fanboying.

Edited by saucen

Posted

Look, there was an issue in the head start that needed fixing, so they have to fix it. It's that simple.

Feck off with your entitlement culture, this is the real world.

Sometimes shit happens and as long as they are working to solve it, that's all we can expect. 

Go do something else with your life, 2 hours or how many hours this will take.

Stuff like this is NEVER a problem in the long term. And if you're a over entitled little tnuc that can't wait till stuff gets fixed and therefore leave the community, then... great... makes it a better place for the rest of us.

Exactly. The amount of entitlement and impatience in the gaming community anymore really shows how childish it has become.

Posted (edited)

It's not about being a fanboy/fangirl. It's about understanding that launches and item distributions for such a large player base are complex and can easily be messed up. No one ever said Daum is blameless. But the fact is something went wrong that they couldn't fix immediately. They needed time to identify and fix the problem. But people keep whining and complaining even though whining and complaining don't make a solution magically appear.

Honestly it's not about defending Daum, it's about making a choice. You either wait patiently and enjoy the game you paid for, or you stop playing (since not having a costume is such a traumatic event) and demand your money back. Anyone complaining while still playing and enjoying the game is being ridiculous.

If you order a sandwich at a restaurant and the waitress breaks her ankle as she's delivering it to you, no amount of complaining to the manager is going to get your sandwich to you faster. It doesn't matter if she broke her ankle by doing something stupid. She needs time to heal her ankle. If you're not willing to wait for that you get a different waitress or go to a different restaurant. You don't rage at the waitress who broke her ankle and demand she compensate you for the time she wasted while her ankle was broken.

In this case, we didn't even have to wait months, just a day or two. So basically make your decision, enjoy the game and appreciate the effort that went into it, or give into your frustration and leave.

Edited by Homie
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes it happened to Non MMO games too , i remember launch of Diablo 3 and anyway i have there around 2000 hour playtime so don't judge the game too early

Posted

Your response just means you have no real response.

Posted

Yes it happened to Non MMO games too , i remember launch of Diablo 3 and anyway i have there around 2000 hour playtime so don't judge the game too early

yep it's true even i went and loved swtor after have playing it in more than 3 years so never judge a game at the beginning 

Posted

Your response just means you have no real response.

Seems to be the case for most in this thread.

Posted

It could be worse, we could be dealing with a third party publisher like Gameforge or Trion. I'd rather have Daum be a little poor at communicating with us but actually have some sway with the developers, than another publisher who can't even get the developer to respond to an email.

Posted

Found this;

jv2Q4sG.png

Posted

A poor product? Go back to whatever mmo you crawled out of then, this community doesn't need you.

go-back-to-the-shadow.thumb.gif.43fbdac6

Oh no! I'm not needed?!?

O.o

What does the community need? I would assume a game?  You'll just have to wait for that... xD

Posted

Would you rather they pull a FFXIV? I mean let's be honest. This isn't the worst that could happen.