• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I don't understand weapons in this game

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Can someone explain this to me?

I saw a weapon on Auction House cost 350k that had about the same damage as mine, which is dirty cheap (about 70k or so). I compared other stats and they were actually worse (mine had +5 damage to all species while the expensive one had +5 to one specie, can't remember whch). Almost all stats were either the same or worse.

So, what gives? Are there some hidden bonuses or what? There were no set bonuses on the weapon.

Posted

There are some weapons like the Yuria Weapon who gives more damage to humans (+10 from what I remember).

And guess who is a human? Yeah, the Player. With higher upgrade level the weapon gets more + dmg for Humans. What that means is easy: It's a good weapon for PvP and this is why there are some Weapons who have maybe the same Ap dmg as your weapon but cost 350k+ Silver, because you can slaughter the heck out of the Players.

Posted

Right, I think that 350k weapon was Yuria. And I think it only had +5 to humans, but that's inferior to the weapon I use which has +5 to all species, and the damage difference was almost non existant.

Posted

You're buying it's "potential".

Now you have to level it up.

Posted

thing is: yuria can be upgraded and with upgrades it also gains accuracy, on other hand ...your weapon is pale and terrible compared to even +5 yuria:)

Posted

thing is: yuria can be upgraded and with upgrades it also gains accuracy, on other hand ...your weapon is pale and terrible compared to even +5 yuria:)

This. Some weapons have the potential to be upgraded more than others, and the final upgraded weapon will far exceed yours.

Posted

So Yuria Amulet is 16 - 21 AP.
My amulet is 20 - 24 AP.

At this moment Yuria is weaker, right? Unless I enchant it? Which seems expensive.
Or am I missing something?

Posted

So Yuria Amulet is 16 - 21 AP.
My amulet is 20 - 24 AP.

At this moment Yuria is weaker, right? Unless I enchant it? Which seems expensive.
Or am I missing something?

Yes. Starter Yuria items are beaten out by some other items. However, even ONE +1 upgrade will bring it to the same stats. +2 Will be substantially higher. After that, it's just laughable how much better it is than everything else. By the time of +15, it's just ridiculous

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes. Starter Yuria items are beaten out by some other items. However, even ONE +1 upgrade will bring it to the same stats. +2 Will be substantially higher. After that, it's just laughable how much better it is than everything else. By the time of +15, it's just ridiculous

Thank you, that explains quite a bit.

Just one more question, I'm lvl 25, got almost enough money for +2 upgrade. Is it worth it? Is there a risk of breaking the item at that low enchant?

Edited by Deeldo

Posted (edited)

But you could just upgrade the other items as well or are you saying that +1 gives different stat upgrades on different weapons?

Edited by Starkillah

Posted (edited)

I tried to enchant. Got it to +1.

Went from 16 - 21 AP to 20 - 25, not too shabby :)
Next is 23-28.
What's the breaking chance? I'd like to go higher but now I'm scared.
Edit, googled and armor is +5 safe, weapons +7.

Edited by Deeldo

Posted

I don't understand weapons in this game

Perhaps weapons don't understand you.  have you ever thought of that?  :D

Posted (edited)

I tried to enchant. Got it to +1.

Went from 16 - 21 AP to 20 - 25, not too shabby :)
Next is 23-28.
What's the breaking chance? I'd like to go higher but now I'm scared.

You can safely upgrade your weapon to +7 so don't worry about that

Starting from +7 to +15 you need more stones and it can fail. But with every fail you get a % chance that it's a sucess the next time, but it's hell alot of Black stones if you're not lucky. With every fail the durability of your weapon dropes by ... it think it was 5.

Starting from +15 to +20 you need a special Black stone (concentraded Black stone) which you have to craft, but you don't need workers for it.

But if it fails now, the durability of the Weapons drops by 10 and if your weapon is +16 it can goes way back to +15, but it never drops below +15.

The durability can be restored at the blacksmith but you need to same weapon to restore some durabity.

And lastly you can enchant these things to the "ultimate" weapon. They have more dmg and gives bonus stats, for Tamer, it's + 1 attack speed and + 1 Critical hit. If you're unlucky here it could take many times 'til it's the "ultimate" enchant. You need a Worker with high luck for it to get a better chance.

So, just enchant your Weapon now to +7, it's easy to do it, and later you can buy these Stones or farm it like no one else and upgrade it higher.

Edited by Voltare
1 person likes this

Posted

You can safely upgrade your weapon to +7 so don't worry about that

Starting from +7 to +15 you need more stones and it can fail. But with every fail you get a % chance that it's a sucess the next time, but it's hell alot of Black stones if you're not lucky. With every fail the durability of your weapon dropes by ... it think it was 5.

Starting from +15 to +20 you need a special Black stone (concentraded Black stone) which you have to craft, but you don't need workers for it.

But if it fails now, the durability of the Weapons drops by 10 and if your weapon is +16 it can goes way back to +15, but it never drops below +15.

The durability can be restored at the blacksmith but you need to same weapon to restore some durabity.

And lastly you can enchant these things to the "ultimate" weapon. They have more dmg and gives bonus stats, for Tamer, it's + 1 attack speed and + 1 Critical hit

So, just enchant your Weapon now to +7, it's easy to do it, and later you can buy these Stones or farm it like no one else and upgrade it higher.

Thanks, lots of useful info. It's going to take heck of farming to get it to +7, I miscalculated and can't get mine to even +2 lol, that's expensive stuff at my level.

Posted

Another good thing is, you can upgrade a weapon and de-upgrade it. What I mean with it is you can get your Blackstones back from the Blacksmith.

To +7 you get all 7 Black stones back.

Above +7 there's no garantuee that you get all your Black stones back you wasted there. So, you can upgrade a Weapon and farm for Yuria or a higher Weapon, get the Black stones back and upgrade the Yuria or what ever weapon you want to use then.

Posted

Is there a way ingame to see how good something will be at certain enchant levels, so I can make an informed choice as to what weapon I go for?

Posted

This. Some weapons have the potential to be upgraded more than others, and the final upgraded weapon will far exceed yours.

The weapon he's referring to is a 'Bares' weapon, and receives the same accuracy and +species upgrade rates per + as Yulia/Yuria. The only difference in the higher base damage (5 min - 6 max) range on the Yulia weapon, making it superior for PvP and humanoid PvE.

Bares is considered the better 'PvE' weapon on KR due to the "+humanoid" defense-bypass nerf which (supposedly) did not impact the generic "+species" damage bonuses found on other items such as Bares "+all species".

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0