• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Complaining About Extension? #Serendia2K16

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Are you guys really complaining about a 4 hour extension? No, you don't get to do that. You better be -----ing glad they're making sure they get their shit together.

TL;DR

They botched 1 channel group on head start and anyone who rolled on that channel on ANY server had to remake their characters. Thus, putting a large group hardcore players back a crucial 6-9 hours because they didn't bring the servers down. (Which is huge for the 15% of people who actually know how to grind efficiently.)

Anyways, my point is that you shouldn't be complaining just yet. You should be hoping that they're extending this to make sure launch is 100% sound, and that we don't have another #Serendia2K16.

TL;DR;TL;DR

Read it, as  it's already short af.

5 people like this

Posted

Couldn't agree more!

tumblr_nakqdlEULt1thupwvo1_500.gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No, I mean no one is complaining that they were deceptive about the pre-order packages being able to play the game and then when we finally do get access the game is not online during release day, derp.

People waited, were lied to, and paid for a product that say's you can play on this day and yet when they finally able to log on you are having maintenance ON LAUNCH DAY....lol. 

People will defend anything. So THAT's why people would be upset. Derp.

Edited by Beasthunt

Posted (edited)

No, I mean no one is complaining that they were deceptive about the pre-order packages being able to play the game and then when we finally do get access the game is not online during release day, derp.

There are idiots, and then there are idiots. Congrats if you can figure out which group you belong too. People waited, were lied too, and paid for a product that say's you can play on this day and yet when they log on you are having maintenance ON LAUNCH DAY....lol. 

People will defend anything. Back to moms basement, kid. You clearly are not ready for the real world.

^_^

If I were a company, I would wish that I had customers like these rampant defenders you speak of,  they would give me their money and let me get away with anything!  And, they would defend all my actions so I wouldn't even have to worry about customer relations.

They are just a bunch of little dollar signs from heaven.  $$$

Edited by Vankil

Posted

Are you guys really complaining about a 4 hour extension? No, you don't get to do that. You better be -----ing glad they're making sure they get their shit together.

TL;DR

They botched 1 channel group on head start and anyone who rolled on that channel on ANY server had to remake their characters. Thus, putting a large group hardcore players back a crucial 6-9 hours because they didn't bring the servers down. (Which is huge for the 15% of people who actually know how to grind efficiently.)

Anyways, my point is that you shouldn't be complaining just yet. You should be hoping that they're extending this to make sure launch is 100% sound, and that we don't have another #Serendia2K16.

TL;DR;TL;DR

Read it, as  it's already short af.

Knowing how much time you need for something to be done is on of the first thing you learn when you want to lead IT project.

Not being able to is proof of amateurishness.

Posted (edited)

There are idiots, and then there are idiots. Congrats if you can figure out which group you belong too. People waited, were lied too, and paid for a product that say's you can play on this day and yet when they log on you are having maintenance ON LAUNCH DAY....lol. 

People will defend anything. Back to moms basement, kid. You clearly are not ready for the real world.

Me, an idiot? I'm not the one who pre-ordered after the 26th and expected to get head-start when there were multiple posts stating that pre-orders (Which were the only options to ever include head-start.) ended on the 26th.

BrJRMhnCQAASpS7.jpg

I think the extension is bullshit too, but really I'm just annoyed with all of the complaints. Defending this crap? Not really. Just expressing my frustrations with this cry-baby ass community.

Edited by Zeen
4 people like this

Posted

Main thing I feel like asking is.... how many of you have played an MMO before?  And you didn't expect a maintenance delay?  The only real bullshit that happened was with the pre-order packs, which everyone seemed fine with, I guess now that something, that's fairly standard in the mmo industry too happens to you, it's the end of the world now.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Main thing I feel like asking is.... how many of you have played an MMO before?  And you didn't expect a maintenance delay?  The only real bullshit that happened was with the pre-order packs, which everyone seemed fine with, I guess now that something, that's fairly standard in the mmo industry too happens to you, it's the end of the world now.

OH YAY WE GET 10 NEAR USELESS GM APOLOGIES!

THAT TOTALLY MAKES UP FOR A LOST 12 HOURS!

THANKS DAUM EU! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

^ Is your average BDO forum poster.

Edited by Zeen

Posted

If your 'pre order' pack that was bought after the 26th had actually stated that it would give you early access then you would have a legitimate arguement, BUT it didn't and people assume everythang.

1 person likes this

Posted

If your 'pre order' pack that was bought after the 26th had actually stated that it would give you early access then you would have a legitimate arguement, BUT it didn't and people assume everythang.

This guy gets it. =D

Posted

People waited, were lied to, and paid for a product that say's you can play on this day and yet when they finally able to log on you are having maintenance ON LAUNCH DAY....lol. 

People will defend anything. So THAT's why people would be upset. Derp.

7dce3929632b7896c7aad1eb8500abcd.png

Idk. Seems like people just want to ----- to -----.

I don't see it as being 'lied' to. Shit happens. Things came up last minute and I'd be thankful they're actually fixing it instead of screwing a bunch oh people.

But yanno, that's just me.

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah god dammit daum, just make me level 60 already GOD

Posted

yeah god dammit daum, just make me level 60 already GOD

"IF YOU DON'T. I'M GONNA..... I'M GONNA....... I'M GONNA POST ON THE FORUMS AND WRITE A VERY STRONGLY WORDED POST. SO THERE."

Posted

a44ed3b4c5.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

God these people! SO ungrateful.... crybabies

Posted

It being standard in the MMO industry is what a part of the problem is.
Because this is not standard in sysadmin career field. At all.

They simply don't want to spend the money to do what needs to be done correctly.
Not that I'd expect others to understand/comprehend this though.
Ignorance yields eluding results.

That being said, extending of anything is generally not a bad thing.
In many cases(hopefully this one too), the longer the extend, the more bugs fixed.

1 person likes this

Posted

It being standard in the MMO industry is what a part of the problem is.Because this is not standard in sysadmin career field. At all.

They simply don't want to spend the money to do what needs to be done correctly.
Not that I'd expect others to understand/comprehend this though.
Ignorance yields eluding results.

That being said, extending of anything is generally not a bad thing.
In many cases(hopefully this one too), the longer the extend, the more bugs fixed.

+1

Posted

What is more interesting to me is that for there to be a reason to extend the maintenance, something would have to have happened. I really hate this 'they better get everything right this time, let them take their time' because it implies they extend it for no reason which they most likely don't.

I just don't like the fact that we are left in the dark is all. I honestly don't care either way, but I hope this won't be happening regularly.

1 person likes this

Posted

What is more interesting to me is that for there to be a reason to extend the maintenance, something would have to have happened. I really hate this 'they better get everything right this time, let them take their time' because it implies they extend it for no reason which they most likely don't.

I just don't like the fact that we are left in the dark is all. I honestly don't care either way, but I hope this won't be happening regularly.

Inb4 full server wipe due to a database failure. "We tried to fix it during maintenance guys!"

Honestly, they do need better communication with how this community has turned out. These guys at least speak out more than Nexon or the majority of other MMO publishers who's games I've played. Daum EU is trying, I'll give them that, but there is tons of room for improvement.

Posted

Whats funny was half the ppl replying to our threads that suffered the serendia fiaso were like "haha thanks for testing out the game for us that didnt pre order" 

#get-----ed2016 idgaf if i get banned again on the forums.

Posted

Complaining about complaining

its-all-in-the-hips.gif?w=980

1 person likes this

Posted

Complaining about complaining

its-all-in-the-hips.gif?w=980

<3

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes.

Sign in to follow this