• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

gear [Updated for Margoria] Ranger Gear Information

477 posts in this topic

Posted

Our little Padawan who is now writting his own guides... Nice to see :P

2 people like this

Posted

Our little Padawan who is now writting his own guides... Nice to see :P

Oh you know it. I've learned quite a lot, might as well share it with those of us who're a bit too lazy to go back and read all the old posts! 

I'd also like to thank you for helping me get over a bit of that really steep BDO learning curve! 

2 people like this

Posted

ring of good deeds is the better option atm i think. it's not as expensive as witchs and provides good dmg stats.

Posted

ring of good deeds is the better option atm i think. it's not as expensive as witchs and provides good dmg stats.

It is a better option than Bares, you're 100% correct. 

I didn't mention it here just because of how "easy" they are to obtain. If you're playing with a guild or a group of friends, you can get quite a few of these really easily. I know I've gone through 8 or 9 of them that I got from friends while trying to upgrade my own (No such luck though). They're also going for 100k+ last time I checked, so they can be a bit pricey if you want to try and combine them to get PRI and DUO (Or higher) versions. 

Posted

It is a better option than Bares, you're 100% correct. 

I didn't mention it here just because of how "easy" they are to obtain. If you're playing with a guild or a group of friends, you can get quite a few of these really easily. I know I've gone through 8 or 9 of them that I got from friends while trying to upgrade my own (No such luck though). They're also going for 100k+ last time I checked, so they can be a bit pricey if you want to try and combine them to get PRI and DUO (Or higher) versions. 

still witchs go for 10kk right now which is really pricey.

guess i got lucky, i got deeds+2 from RNGesus

Posted

still witchs go for 10kk right now which is really pricey.

guess i got lucky, i got deeds+2 from RNGesus

Praise RNGesus.

Don't worry, I've lost the roll on two Marks of Shadow to guildies. The feels man. 

Posted

Why are you using movement speed for your boots? I'm currently using stamina. Just curious. 

Why are you using movement speed for your boots? I'm currently using stamina. Just curious. 

Posted

Originally, I had a lot of trouble finding a stamina gem. So I just rolled with a +1 movement speed gem. 

After getting the Zerath boots and my Heve set though, stamina has never really been an issue. At least with my playstyle. For grinding I alternate between EES and Riding the Wind EES'. This lets me keep really high uptime on my AoE. Even spamming like I do, stamina hasn't been a problem. 

So, since I felt I didn't need that +100 stamina, I went ahead and through a +2 movement speed gem into my boots. If I really needed the stamina I'd probably do as you're doing and toss a +100 stamina gem in my boots or take a Zereth helmet for the 2 set. In the end though I'll probably be taking a % CC resistance gem for PvP, not totally sure yet. The boot and offhand sockets are definitely the ones I need to think about some more. 

P.S. I greatly appreciate your guide on ranger combos. Helped me out a lot.

Posted

i'm using MS +2 too.

Zareth set is already giving me +400 stamina. And since we're not having any latency on our version (Thanks GOD !!!) we can see the difference from MS in combat. and it's usefull for everything else :P
i feel better to have 400stamina + 2 MS than +500/550 stamina, even for PvP.
But i guess it's more a personnal choice.

Posted

Yup. A lot of the gearing in BDO seems to be personal preference based on what you're aiming to do in the game!

Posted (edited)

After getting the Zerath boots and my Heve set though, stamina has never really been an issue. At least with my playstyle. For grinding I alternate between EES and Riding the Wind EES'. This lets me keep really high uptime on my AoE. Even spamming like I do, stamina hasn't been a problem. 

So, since I felt I didn't need that +100 stamina, I went ahead and through a +2 movement speed gem into my boots. If I really needed the stamina I'd probably do as you're doing and toss a +100 stamina gem in my boots or take a Zereth helmet for the 2 set. In the end though I'll probably be taking a % CC resistance gem for PvP, not totally sure yet. The boot and offhand sockets are definitely the ones I need to think about some more. 

i'm using MS +2 too.

Zareth set is already giving me +400 stamina. And since we're not having any latency on our version (Thanks GOD !!!) we can see the difference from MS in combat. and it's usefull for everything else :P
i feel better to have 400stamina + 2 MS than +500/550 stamina, even for PvP.
But i guess it's more a personnal choice.

These are some really interesting points. I've never considered movement speed before in PvP, except to know that +4speed lets you sprint to keep up with the Emergency Evasion skill. 

I was under the impression that movement speed only affected running/sprinting. Does your style of combat involve a lot of that?

P.S. I greatly appreciate your guide on ranger combos. Helped me out a lot.

Glad you found it helpful!

Edited by Crit

Posted

Make sure to not over invest into Zareth, because you ll be pretty screwed trying to achieve 5 speed / 5 crit (which you should achieve)

Posted

These are some really interesting points. I've never considered movement speed before in PvP, except to know that +4speed lets you sprint to keep up with the Emergency Evasion skill. 
I was under the impression that movement speed only affected running/sprinting. Does your style of combat involve a lot of that?

Glad you found it helpful! I'm also planning out a more complete guide, similar to this guide which I wrote for a different game a few years ago.

I don't sprint all that much in combat, at least during grinding, since I like to reserve stamina for EES. But since I usually farm solo, spots like the Abandoned Monastery and the cultist shrines can be semi-difficult sometimes. The movement speed allows me to kite a bit better, which I enjoy. Relating to PvP, I haven't done much outside of practicing with my guild in the arenas and getting 5v1'ed for contesting Catfishmen. I'd need more experience to determine whether the movement speed or the extra stamina would benefit me more.

Posted

Glad you found it helpful!

+2MS is not a game changer, i guess i'm just missing alot my +4MS from KR

in combat i really like to use it for positioning quickly (you're less predictable than with cancel movements, and canmake more constructive movements). And it's pretty cool to be able to chase some classes who like to run (my MMB is broken, i can't Qcancel foward anymore, and never liked it anyway).
100% sure i'll use +4MS on my boss boots. :P

Make sure to not over invest into Zareth, because you ll be pretty screwed trying to achieve 5 speed / 5 crit (which you should achieve)

ohhhhh, are you new on Black Desert Online ?? you're sooo cute !...
Welcome on this amazing game ! :D

Posted

ohhhhh, are you new on Black Desert Online ?? you're sooo cute !...Welcome on this amazing game ! :D

Would love if you could elaborate on what you disagree with that he said. Discussions like this are how things are figured out! :)

I'm sure the 5AS/5Crit sounds attractive to a lot of people. 

Posted

I am not quite sure what is this guy talking about, lol.

I wish i was new but it sucked like 3000 hours of my life already :D

Posted (edited)

Would love if you could elaborate on what you disagree with that he said. Discussions like this are how things are figured out! :)

I'm sure the 5AS/5Crit sounds attractive to a lot of people. 

well, it's already explained in this sub forum. (you know it Ayl ! :p)

End game, we're supposed to play with buffs (food, elixir, alchemy stones....).  From it, we're gaining +1AS and +1Crit.
So, trying to achive a 5/5 gear is useless. Just focus on a 4/4 gear.
Idk if Media specials are already in game, so maybe you can use a 5/4 gear until Media release... but, it's not a big deal (and some other buffs give AS, even if they are more anoying to use).

Plus, even without Agerian, it's not a big deal to get this stats.
+4 Crit or AS on gloves from slots
+ 3 from liverto/kzarka bonus,  and 2 free slots to finish ==> GZ

So yeah, i'll invest into Zareth until my boss gear :P

Edited by Arte-kun

Posted (edited)

You don't need 5/5 from gear, you need 5/4 

Then you eat Serendian feast (+1 crit +10 hit +5attack), Calpheon feast (100hp +5def), Knights feast (+5dmg against humans) if you are farming you also need tea. You can eat a feast every 30 minutes so there is a TWO HOUR gap between logging into the game and being fully buffed. And you can't get tea and attack speed feast. The beauty of 5/4 is that you log in, eat Serendian feast and you are 5/5 right away, also with +5 attack and +10 hit (which is probably the most effective combat buffs deal)

Also, alchemy stone is additive with 5 attack and doesn't replace it per se.

But you can enjoy your ignorance or run naked, or full Zareth, whatever, just don't claim it to be BIS.

Edited by li3to

Posted (edited)

Interesting opinions from 2 experienced players, I thank you both for your input!

Also, there's never a reason to stop learning! I'm positive there's things that I'm still missing! I've still got to practice my animation cancels and PvP combos, that's definitely an area where I'm lacking knowledge and skill.

Edited by Ayl

Posted (edited)

You don't need 5/5 from gear, you need 5/4 

Then you eat Serendian feast (+1 crit +10 hit +5attack), Calpheon feast (100hp +5def), Knights feast (+5dmg against humans) if you are farming you also need tea. You can eat a feast every 30 minutes so there is a TWO HOUR gap between logging into the game and being fully buffed. And you can't get tea and attack speed feast. The beauty of 5/4 is that you log in, eat Serendian feast and you are 5/5 right away, also with +5 attack and +10 hit (which is probably the most effective combat buffs deal)

lol. tea...
2 hours ? lol again. You don't even know your maths. 4 buffs = 1h30 ...
And, for information, you can't keep 4 buffs uptime. We have to deal with 3 (90min buffs....). We have to wait Velencia Update to do a rotation with 4 buffs.

if you're wearing a 5/4 gear, you get your 5/5 stats imediatly. that's the point. 0hour to get all your stats ==> you just said it.
if you're wearing 4/4, what you should focus. you need 30 min to get full stats with serendia + media (or something else).
30 min on this game is.. nothing. It's not WoW, it's not League of leagend, it's not CoD.... If you're only playing 30 min a day, you don't give a shit about BiS gear or not.

And Calpheon/Knight/tea... yeah we need a rotation to get them all at the same time. And???................ What the point about STAR stats ?....

Anyway.
You just demonstrated yourself it's not needed to get a 5/5 gear.... after telling pleople they HAD to get it ... -_-'
so we can use Zareth pieces or any other shit we want.

Point. It was your topic.

And what's this call against Zareth exactly ?
it's the same for anything else... You can pair any dual slot gloves with anything if it's matching your specific playstyle and still able to max Star stats. So, 1 Zareth ? 2 Zareth ? what's wrong with it ?
What do you want people to use ABSOLUTLY? Agerian Set, even at end game ? HAHAHAHHA ..... haha.......hah........... No.

Also, alchemy stone is additive with 5 attack and doesn't replace it per se.

Yeah, and what ? What ?  2 identical buffs are not cumulative.  It's the same for everything in the game. So what ?
You're even talking about Calpheon + Knight feasts................... -_-'           ("def stat" if you can't understand it without someone to hold your hand...)
Respect yourself.... plz...

But you can enjoy your ignorance or run naked, or full Zareth, whatever, just don't claim it to be BIS.

So,
1. Go back to school to learn math during day.
2. And go back to Velia during your play time.
Because, I don't like to see people stay in their ignorance if I can tell them how to get out of it. :3
(sorry for whoever had to read this except this guy...)

----------------------------

Interesting opinions from 2 experienced players, I thank you both for your input!

I think I'm not as diplomatic as you can be. :D

And you are the one everyone should thank, for asking good questions every single time and share in guides what you learned from it.

Edited by Arte-kun

Posted

These quotes are really -----ed up. I'm not sure what happened. Still a forum noob. 

Thank you though :)  

Posted (edited)

Ok, wait. I think some misunderstanding took place (english isn't my first language so that wouldn't be very surprising). Lets calm down and put the facts on the table

1. So what are the benefits of having full Zareth vs hebe chest+gloves + zareth helm+boots? Can you list those for us? You trade 2(?) attack speed and 250+100hp (20%+ of your total hp) for what exactly? (if you don't advocate AGAINST 2+2 we don't have any disagreement =)

2. You can get 4 feasts / tea rolling with orange 120m feasts which i believe should be available on EU since launch (they were available on RU). I am not sure why are you laughing about tea. I am surprised that an experience player denies that 90% of your playtime is spent farming so tea is probably the first buff one should put on.

3. Just to clarify, i am aware that buffs from different items in the same buff group don't stack. Knights feast is still valuable for +5 human damage. Buffs from alchemy stone go on top of everything as it is a different buff group.

Edited by li3to

Posted

This'll come in handy if I ever stop being so addicted to fishing, and level my ranger in something other than sea creature interactions. Thanks~

2 people like this

Posted

Everyone talk about a 2-set-Bonus, but when i look ingame i only see a 3-set-4-der-bonus?