• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Unable to breed pets?

432 posts in this topic

Posted

Lets hope we get them after this maint, even if they did not mention it in the patch notes

We won't, wait for sale to end.

Posted

They have officially announced that they are "revamping" the pet breeding system. 

I do think that there is a good chance that it will be released soon after the sale ends.

Posted

I do find it frustrating that we haven't had a single official word from the devs on this outside of basically acknowledging, 'Oh,yeah, we took it down without telling anyone about it.  Sorry!  It's just for maintenance.'  Nothing else.  No ETA.  No update on what is being done.  Meanwhile, people have spent and continue to spend large amounts of money specifically on a system that isn't working.

1 person likes this

Posted

I seriously hope they fix it, first thing I did in the game was to buy 4 hawks to breed lol,

Posted

Bump

No news?

Posted

No news.

Posted

Guys, do you ever do research? They said in a tweet that pet breeding is disabled for now whilst it is getting revamped. That's it! Give them some god damn time.

Posted

Guys, do you ever do research? They said in a tweet that pet breeding is disabled for now whilst it is getting revamped. That's it! Give them some god damn time.

The keyword is some time. 

Plus we will need to level our new pets again.

Posted

That has been two weeks ago now.

Posted

The patch notes may be from this week but the first mention of it, in fact in those same words, was from one of the CMs back a day or two after launch when the furor started.  We should never have been left in a position of buying pets without having their breeding system active.  Whoever made that decision needs a swift kick in the pants.  And they need to get this fixed PRONTO.  It's been down since launch, not since March 11.

1 person likes this

Posted

Somewhat on-topic, I did some research on pet breeding, and I would appreciate some clarification just in case this information isn't currently accurate.

So, what I've read is that if you breed two pets of the same species and they make a third pet, this will cause the parents to die, leaving you with only the child? I assumed this was how the "fusing" mechanic worked, but I guess I was mistaken. This is depressing, now I'm not sure if I want to breed my two cats since I kind of like them. Can I have some extra opinions on this, what do you guys think I should do? 

Posted

Somewhat on-topic, I did some research on pet breeding, and I would appreciate some clarification just in case this information isn't currently accurate.

So, what I've read is that if you breed two pets of the same species and they make a third pet, this will cause the parents to die, leaving you with only the child? I assumed this was how the "fusing" mechanic worked, but I guess I was mistaken. This is depressing, now I'm not sure if I want to breed my two cats since I kind of like them. Can I have some extra opinions on this, what do you guys think I should do? 

From what we currently know the pet breeding system could be turned into a Pokémon clone or be completely abolished. So the only advice i can give you at the moment is to scrutinize your emotional attachment to pixels.

Posted

From what we currently know the pet breeding system could be turned into a Pokémon clone or be completely abolished. So the only advice i can give you at the moment is to scrutinize your emotional attachment to pixels.

I get emotionally attached to non-sentient objects easily, such as my stuffed animal I've had since I was two, I'm eighteen now and I still sleep with it. But it wouldn't be the end of the world if I decided to breed my two pets, like you said they are just pixels.

I doubt they would completely abolish the pet breeding system, they simply stated it was being revamped, and they would get a lot of backlash if they did so.

Posted (edited)

My question is, why is it being revamped?

What's wrong with the same system that's already implemented & working in KR, JP & RU?

Are we going to get screwed over again with tweaks to our version making them worse for the players of this buy2play localisation while the other free2play versions remain easier & cheaper?

Edited by Demondim
1 person likes this

Posted

What's wrong with the same system that's already implemented & working in KR, JP & RU?

Are we going to get screwed over again with tweaks to our version making them worse for the players of this buy2play localisation while the other free2play versions remain easier & cheaper?

I'm also confused as to why Daum hasn't explained their reasoning behind revamping the pet breeding mechanic. If anything, this lack of explanation makes them look shady, like they are intentionally trying to hide something from us, or aren't telling us the whole story. A simple response is all that is needed, but we aren't even receiving any information beyond "it is being revamped and will be added into the game again soon." No date, no details on what the revamp will be, nothing. I feel like we are purposefully being ignored. 

Posted

Damn right.  We've been asking these questions for weeks now without response or explanation.  It's getting more worrisome by the day.

Posted

Bumping with unrelated cute owls.

1453612389039.thumb.gif.1f8eb17fa62676f2

Posted

Revamping can't be good news. If it was good news or something positive they would reveal what they were revamping so more people would be buying them during the pet sale. The fact that they are being silent about it..seems to indicate they don't want to reveal what it is because they fear it might adversely affect potential pet sales. I'm not optimistic about it.

Posted

Revamping can't be good news. If it was good news or something positive they would reveal what they were revamping so more people would be buying them during the pet sale. The fact that they are being silent about it..seems to indicate they don't want to reveal what it is because they fear it might adversely affect potential pet sales. I'm not optimistic about it.

This.

Remember how long they held out before telling us about Cash Shop prices?  Timed it well enough where there was a point of no return for many.  Smells the same.

Posted

This needs to be addressed. I just came across this news, and it is uninspiring. I just leveled my original pets to level 9, was waiting to pair them off, now this. sadpanda.

Posted

people cried so dam much complaining about buffs etc in the game how its not fair bla bla, people bought pets not for a buff but just so they could breed them, they didnt think omg! buff gotta buy one. Lots of people wanted pets and yes they expected to be able to breed them and i for one hope this actually gets implemented. Why should the creators of BDO change so much of their game just because people dont want to buy a pet and cry because others have

Posted

Bumping with more unrelated cute owls.

1453612321844.thumb.gif.f2e897e39c48c5f9

Posted

Is the fact you don't have to pay upkeep on guild wars in NA/EU but they do in other regions also screwing you over?

They make design decisions with the idea of the regional player base... the revamp is with that in mind no other... and heck, that might even be a revamp for ALL regions and they don't want us starting with an old system that is getting thrown away.