• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Unable to breed pets?

432 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd settle for just a comment from the devs to let us know it'll be fixed lickety split.

From my experience... especially from those games that originate from Korea... you have better luck having a homeless person give you change.

Edited by Commander Hawke

Posted

So I logged in, spent my Conqueror Pearls on 3 puppies to breed a T3 only to find out that there is now no option to breed them.  Umm wtf now?

The breeding capability was present in CBT2, they decided to strip the feature for no apparent reason.

Posted

It will come in time, don't worry. As others have said, it has most probably been disabled due to the duplication bug and will be enabled again soon enough, likely with next maintenance.

Just level your t1 pets while you wait.

Posted

The breeding capability was present in CBT2, they decided to strip the feature for no apparent reason.

It was likely turned off because of duplicate pets, and was either forgot to be turned back on or they are waiting to make sure no dupe pets remain before turning it back on.

1 person likes this

Posted

It will come in time, don't worry. As others have said, it has most probably been disabled due to the duplication bug and will be enabled again soon enough, likely with next maintenance.

Just level your t1 pets while you wait.

Either that or to minimise the number of pets you need to purchase during the 'sale'

1 person likes this

Posted

That is an assumption.  For all we still know, it's a bug.

Posted

do pets need to be fully fed?

Posted

Either that or to minimize the number of pets you purchase during the 'sale'

... Man if this is the case ... Daum.

1 person likes this

Posted

do pets need to be fully fed?

It's isn't that we don't know how to do it, the button is completely missing.  The button is normally there whether or not you have qualifying pets to breed, as it just opens up the pet breeding menu.  That button is now gone.  TBH, the capacity to breed pets is probably still in the game right now, there is just no way to get to the pet breeding screen.

Posted (edited)

Let's try this from another perspective: are you stupid people trying to annoy others about a feature that is not enabled yet and was not even said to be enabled?

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing and on top of that you're insulting others. Software shouldn't be altered without that change being documented and available to the end user (at the appropriate abstraction level). Imagine if your car manufacturer decided to update the car's software so it no longer supports autonomous parking, but that function is still listed in the car's software help section which even tells you how you should be able to activate it. Discrepancies between the software documentation (at any abstraction level) and the actual functionalities of the software are considered faults (bugs).

The fact remains, the feature was enabled in CBT2, it was enabled for a short while in the headstart and now it's disabled without the end user being notified.

Edited by Aywa
2 people like this

Posted

To be fair, there was no indication i can walk around with my char.

Are you just trying to annoy people who spent money for nothing with stupid comments?

I guess that's how he got 3000 posts

Posted

Either that or to minimise the number of pets you need to purchase during the 'sale'

Thats exactly what I was thinking .... will likely be 'fixed' just after the 'sale' ends, coincidentally

Posted

Still no statement ... nice communication

Posted

bump

waiting for statement

Posted (edited)

I would like to have a statement as well - bought cats for breeding and would have taken not as many if I had known before. You guys cannot just take features out of the game that were available in beta without pre-information ¬¬ no problem if it comes in the next few days, but if you plan to have it like - next year, then I want a refund of my pearls.

Edited by Emylee

Posted

bump, can't wait to see official feedback on this. 

Posted

Pretty sure intential since CMs actually said in regards to dup items sent - there were no issues with mega pets since breeding not in game. 

Posted

bump

Posted

Bump pls Daum just one sentence about the breeding ..

Posted

I would like to have a statement as well - bought cats for breeding and would have taken not as many if I had known before. You guys cannot just take features out of the game that were available in beta without pre-information ¬¬ no problem if it comes in the next few days, but if you plan to have it like - next year, then I want a refund of my pearls.

Its a problem if it comes in few days. 

We waited since 28th, no shop. 

Now shop is out and no pets.. cmon...

Posted

So lemme get this straight, the conq pack players got shafted out of the pre-order items until the launch of the game, and when the game launched, they removed features and abilities to use said conq pre-order items?

Sounds like someone was hacking and they couldn't fix it by the time conq pack players got their goods so they disabled it.

Posted

They really need to enable pet breeding.  There was no indication that it would be disabled at launch and it was enabled in CBT so a lot of people will be logging in and spending pearls on pets only to discover they cannot breed them - it is quite simply unacceptable.

it's been said, again log in forums sometimes.

Posted

it's been said, again log in forums sometimes.

Link, source?

Where did it say that pet breeding was removed on official EU launch?

Posted

i have 3 Cats all named "Fusion" cause i wanna fuse them -.-

Posted

All this talk about combining pets and I'm just sitting here thinking:

tumblr_n88z26rbjw1tdnmauo1_500.jpg

1 person likes this