• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

2900 pearls for a costume? Seriously?

404 posts in this topic

Posted

Search button is your friend tho

4 people like this

Posted

I did, saw the closed beta pricing discussion thread and thought from the discussion there that Daum had not listened at all cause all these points how high these prices are had already been brought up but not addressed at all. So I thought "Eh, might as well make a little extra noise about it with a new thread."

Posted

Daum is pretty much a joke when it comes to cash shop prices.

I am laughing all the way to steam to spend my money on other games until they get their shit sorted.

they also left 90% of the items out of the cash shop so they hope you spend your conq. pearls and then spend more when they add an item you really wanted comes out (that is already finished btw) total sleaze move.

3 people like this

Posted

Costumes are there to be exclusive, its the most expensive and valueable item on the market, it was meant for people  who really want it, to save up and get it.

they arent sox, and their value stands well priced compared to other items.

If you are not willing to pay this price, then its simply not worth it in your eyes, and its okay. they want to make costumes feel PREMIUMS rather than cheap and disposable.

This isnt tera cashgrab greedy companies, who sell costumes as cheap as possible as stupid looking as possible just to cashout on the back of poor kids. 

Daum rather respect their community and offer high quality, in small quantity and price tag that will make people appreciate their "investment" into the costume. they stated that they dont want costumes to become sox, where people change them every 1 hour.

18 people like this

Posted

2900 pearls for a costume. That is, according to Daum, almost 29 euros (the 2500 included in the Conquerors package were valued at 25 euros).

2900 pearls (29 euros) nets you one costume you can apply to one character on one server once. You don't get a costume for any other character of the same class, on any other server, its just that single character. 29 euros.

Are you seriously thinking this is fair? Guild Wars 2 offers the same type of system, it lets you buy the game (with no subscription fees), offers you extras through their microtransaction store, but at least there when you buy a cosmetic costume it is first of all about 7-9 euros a piece and it is available to all characters of all races of all genders all the time no matter what, you can freely dye it however you like with dyes (which are also unlocked for everyone of your characters account wide) how much you want.

I honestly think this is quite a steep price for something with that many restrictions. This is not the range of "I might skip a burger at the town for this" of price, this is "I might skip on an entire fairly sized game for this".

Seriously? And to add salt to the wound, the game has some serious lack in the area of visual customization where armour barely changes over time, many pieces looking the same throughout and you also can't get helmets, gloves, boots, pants etc. Its just the chest piece that changes anything and it is barely. Costumes are one of the few opportunities you get to actually visually customize yourself.

And that is just the costumes, barely scratched the surface of everything else (like dyes being one time items for about 2-4 euros each).

It feels honestly a bit insulting.

Just play the game.You don't need to look fancy.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes... Seriously.. Get over it, this topic is dead by now.

It was discussed for weeks, they lowered the price (be a tiny amount), and that's it.

Costumes are there to be exclusive, its the most expensive and valueable item on the market, it was meant for people  who really want it, to save up and get it.

If you are not willing to pay this price, then its simply not worth it in your eyes, and its okay. they want to make costumes feel PREMIUMS rather than cheap and disposable.

This isnt tera cashgrab greedy companies, who sell costumes as cheap as possible as stupid looking as possible just to cashout on the back of poor kids. 

Daum rather respect their community and offer high quality, in small quantity and price tag that will make people appreciate their "investment" into the costume. they stated that they dont want costumes to become sox, where people change them every 1 hour.

This.

6 people like this

Posted

It's not too bad.. although it is a bit high, I do not mind the prices.. BUT I do hope they make individual parts avaible to get 10% xp boost aswell. Some items are nice to combine, but you can't now.

As for now. It's only 25 euros in the launch phase. So buy it now for 25 :D. Or 22 if you don't want a weapon.

1 person likes this

Posted

FFS you are late to the party, we dont need yet another thread about this.

1 person likes this

Posted

They don't even have to lower the price that much, if they changed how costumes work, but considering the conditions of these items as of now (one use only on one character only, nobody else, even though of the same class, anywhere else) this is Elite Pricey Premium, not even regular Premium.

How is TERA cashgrab greedy for selling costumes as cheap as possible that people can afford them for a more justified price? And are you bloody serious? "as stupid looking as possible"? Are you not self-aware of the game you are trying to defend? You call the costumes of TERA stupid, have you seen the stuff they sell in the Korean version of Black Desert?

black_desert_1.jpgblack-desert-640.jpg

That is just a small taste, there is WAY more of that: http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/03/check-out-all-of-black-deserts-costumes/

You tell me how this is more sensible.

13 people like this

Posted

Wow, you have really drunk the Daum Kool-aid, haven't you?

If Daum "respected their community" then they would offer the costumes at a reasonable price, or they would make appropriate changes to them so they could, for example, be traded between characters on an account, or be available account-wide, or something of that nature.

They clearly haven't done this and have shown no intention of doing so, so clearly they don't respect their community, at least where the cash shop is concerned.  They've stuck the highest price tag they think they can get away with on literally everything in the store (BDO is by far the most expensive cash shop in all of gaming) which leads me to believe that they didn't do any market research.  This topic is so prevalent and so controversial precisely because it looks really damn greedy.  Personally, I'll spend my complementary pearls and then I'm out.  I won't make a cash shop purchase until Daum's policies and attitude change.

31 people like this

Posted

They don't even have to lower the price that much, if they changed how costumes work, but considering the conditions of these items as of now (one use only on one character only, nobody else, even though of the same class, anywhere else) this is Elite Pricey Premium, not even regular Premium.

How is TERA cashgrab greedy for selling costumes as cheap as possible that people can afford them for a more justified price? And are you bloody serious? "as stupid looking as possible"? Are you not self-aware of the game you are trying to defend? You call the costumes of TERA stupid, have you seen the stuff they sell in the Korean version of Black Desert?

black_desert_1.jpgblack-desert-640.jpg

That is just a small taste, there is WAY more of that: http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/03/check-out-all-of-black-deserts-costumes/

You tell me how this is more sensible.

If you learn the LORE behind the fish costume, you would know. but you dont, and make urself look stupid.

and everything you said is one big pile of nosense. if you want tera go play tera, dont try to change this game into that.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am laughing all the way to steam to spend my money on other games until they get their shit sorted.

Spending money on half baked up idea indie games? each to their own!.....

1 person likes this

Posted

So you make a thread about something that has been discussed for weeks. Good job. The price actually went down. It was 3200

Posted

2900 pearls (29 euros) nets you one costume you can apply to one character on one server once. You don't get a costume for any other character of the same class, on any other server, its just that single character. 29 euros.

Just to let you know... One server, yes, one character no. They are restricted to a character type (i.e. only work on wizard) but you can use them on any character on your account.

Posted

Steam doesn't just sell indie games.

But in this case i would rather give an indie developer a chance than pander to Daum's shit cash shop tactics and prices.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Video games are not an "investment."

Just to let you know... One server, yes, one character no. They are restricted to a character type (i.e. only work on wizard) but you can use them on any character on your account.

Same thing.

Witcher 3 costs $20.  THE WHOLE GAME! 200 hours of game! $20.

1 shitty BDO costume is $29 and I can only ever use it on one character. I will never ever buy a costume at these prices on principle. You know what, I'm gonna to play HOTS, give them the $30 for 3 different costumes, that each come in 3 different colour variations included.

Edited by Gungan
3 people like this

Posted

ooooh wooow tera is a cash grab how amusing ? lets look at what daum has ? insane high pre launch packages, then you buy the game, and then you pay insane amount for costumes in cash shop which is a cash shop based on a free to play model in a buy to play game. Nice nice and that is not cash grab ? interesting -_-

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Same thing.

Witcher 3 costs $20.  THE WHOLE GAME! 200 hours of game! $20.

1 shitty BDO costume is $29 and I can only ever use it on one character. I will never ever buy a costume at these prices on principle. You know what, I'm gonna to play HOTS, give them the $30 for 3 different costumes, that come in 3 different colour variations included.

Not the same thing exactly. For example, you can use the tamer weapon skin on ninja / kunochi when it comes out.

Witcher 3 costs $50 and it's a single player game without the same kinds of upkeep costs. Besides that; you can easily sink thousands of hours into this game without paying more than $30

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/witcher-3-wild-hunt

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Not the same thing exactly. For example, you can use the tamer weapon skin on ninja / kunochi when it comes out.
Witcher 3 costs $50 and it's a single player game without the same kinds of upkeep costs.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/witcher-3-wild-hunt

My bad, was looking at the expansion.

Upkeep costs are irrelevant. The only relevant thing is how much content you're actually getting for that single transaction, which still stands even with the expansion.

Edited by Gungan
2 people like this

Posted

Upkeep costs are irrelevant. The only relevant thing is how much content you're actually getting for that single transaction.

You can easily get thousands of hours of content with a single $30 transaction.

Upkeep costs are really not irrelevant because a game like this would be absolutely awful solo.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I love how people come in here and use GW2 as an example.

GW2 to start had the WORST cash shop... all costumes were single use, the dye system was unlock PER CHARACTER not account wide like it is now.. and many more items...

Arenanet fixed it over time... but still it was bad... 

I expect Daum to do the same... (edit) Eventually

Edited by Azoryl

Posted (edited)

You can easily get thousands of hours of content with a single $30 transaction.
Upkeep costs are really not irrelevant because a game like this would be absolutely awful solo.

They are irrelevant because the only thing that would change in the game for those thousands of hours would be your appearance.

Spending money is not going to prevent popullation decline no matter how much you want to believe it will.  Budget conscious players will leave, all there will be left are whales,  and at that point the p2w will overwhelm the cash shop. 

Edited by Gungan
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

you use the term investment, when referring to overpriced pixels... Bahahahaha :) sorry but do you not read what you are writing? LOL.

and yes I'll be spending an initial bit on the shop, over and above the conq pack pearls.. 

Edited by Reckoner
1 person likes this