• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

2900 pearls for a costume? Seriously?

404 posts in this topic

Posted

So fish cosplay costumes has lore behind them now?

Ok... C'mon man, please don't be such a whiteknight.

They actually legitimately have lore in the game for the fish costume, same as the woman in Glish in the naga costume.

Posted

Still Cheaper than Nexon 

Posted

I dislike the high prices of the cash shop, and have looked at it many ways in trying to figure out my monthly budget. It was 50, then I raised it to 60 because I was losing out on 180 pearls a month Then I dropped it to 30, and realize 30 doesn't go very far, especially when you factor in dyes. 

Because I do enjoy BDO immensely on many levels, as well as it having a thriving RP community, I keep playing. I don't buy full costumes at 29$ price; I only buy it minus weapons or pieces of it to keep costs down. Dyes are the most horrible, expensive system of this game, and is even more expensive than the 29$ outfits. I've relegated myself to using all loyalty for dyes. There's other things I'd like to buy, like furniture, bag and storage space, but the costs are so high. =/ So I do the quests for bag space and make due with putting a lot of contribution into whatever town I live in for storage. I was using loyalty to help with storage space, but it's potentially a huge waste if I ever move to another area - and most of the game isn't released yet.

The high prices have caused me to curb my spending, drop my budget and go out of my way to seek other ways within the game of obtaining things. 

Posted

Their game, their choice what the prices are. You're not forced to buy anything, and if you don't purchase it, it won't give you any significant disadvantage.

Posted

"You're not forced" - When there is no other option to change your look, you kind of are forced.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's obvious what they're doing and it's a very poor decision on their part. A lot of people will quit because of it.

From my experience with mmo's, most if not all people enjoy customizing the way their characters look with cool weapons and armor. You know what they don't enjoy? Feeling forced to spend money.

My Wizard is 40 and still looks like a level 1 character, and the only way to remedy that is by spending real money to buy a costume. If you don't see a problem with that then you're either trolling or just ignorant.

4 people like this

Posted

You cannot transfer cash shop items by character. Idk why they make this crap bound. Even the horse carriage skin, horse skin and boat skin are bound to whichever character you use. So if I wanted to move my Tamer skin and costume you can't. It's kind of stupid tbh. Most games have it where atleast a few items are available to both. Like accessories and underwear. The tamer items in the cash shop are ridiculous. I would love to buy some from other classes but everything is cash bound on here. Yeah, some games have higher prices but atleast I can use the stuff on other characters.

Posted (edited)

You cannot transfer cash shop items by character. Idk why they make this crap bound. Even the horse carriage skin, horse skin and boat skin are bound to whichever character you use. So if I wanted to move my Tamer skin and costume you can't. It's kind of stupid tbh. Most games have it where atleast a few items are available to both. Like accessories and underwear. The tamer items in the cash shop are ridiculous. I would love to buy some from other classes but everything is cash bound on here. Yeah, some games have higher prices but atleast I can use the stuff on other characters.

All those little things are reared for maximum profit, not player convenience... same with BnS, while their cash shop is more fairly priced, everything you buy is still character bound... BDO sticks out so much because they employ so many of those "tricks"... RNG, dye boxes, one use dyes, character resets that expire with time, etc. it's pretty much all there.

Edited by WarBaby2

Posted

Am I one of the only people that thinks 30$ for a costume isn't all that bad? It's not like you buy costumes daily. There's not that many of them out there.

It's still somewhat expensive for a costume I know, but at least you get to support a game you love at the same time.

Posted

Am I one of the only people that thinks 30$ for a costume isn't all that bad? It's not like you buy costumes daily. There's not that many of them out there.

It's still somewhat expensive for a costume I know, but at least you get to support a game you love at the same time.

At first I wasn't too happy about the costumes prices, but I think I might buy one every once in awhile. I already have the few costumes I want picked out, just gotta wait for them to be released here. If they were cheaper I'd buy more, but if they wanna have them at $30 I just won't buy too many. I wish they would make it to where costumes like the Ghillie/fish costumes were account bound.

To me the worst part of the cash shop is the dyes, rng boxes are -----ing terrible, and extremely anti-consumer. They only exist to milk people with gambling problems.

Posted

another thread about costumes ..really stop this,costume are only a cosmetic item if you want and can afford it buy it otherwise you can always enjoy the game without..

I bet that most of the people that complain about costume prices are the same people that WASTE their money in drink/alcohol and cigarettes, avoid to waste money in this shit and buy a costume if you really want it,it will cost much more lower if you make some calculations.

I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sorry if that was already covered, but the costume isn't cosmetic only, it gives you 10% more xp. The advantage is argueable, for me it's quite much for a grind game with no level cap, but just wanted to say that you actually miss something if you don't spend the money.

Posted

I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sorry if that was already covered, but the costume isn't cosmetic only, it gives you 10% more xp. The advantage is argueable, for me it's quite much for a grind game with no level cap, but just wanted to say that you actually miss something if you don't spend the money.

...and there is that. It might not classify as p2w, but it is an added factor.

Posted (edited)

...and there is that. It might not classify as p2w, but it is an added factor.

Daum tried really hard to be not classified as p2w. There is no real p2w because you don't need it to play the game, but in almost every aspect of the game there are advantages that can be bought. But I guess this thread is not really the place for that discussion, in fact it seems there is no place for that at all here. 

Edited by Bronkina

Posted

There are so many people buying costumes at this point i don't see the price being reduced, this is a vote with your wallet issue and the votes have been cast sadly, i'd say based on personal experience at least half of the people i run into are wearing costumes (vast majority being ghillie's).

Posted

Only problem I have thus far is the costumes aren't account wide... its 2016, costumes that I spend $30 on should be usable by my entire account.

A problem I see in the future is sailor outfits and lacy lingerie and little police car and clown car mounts...

Posted

2900 pearls for a costume. That is, according to Daum, almost 29 euros (the 2500 included in the Conquerors package were valued at 25 euros).

2900 pearls (29 euros) nets you one costume you can apply to one character on one server once. You don't get a costume for any other character of the same class, on any other server, its just that single character. 29 euros.

Are you seriously thinking this is fair? Guild Wars 2 offers the same type of system, it lets you buy the game (with no subscription fees), offers you extras through their microtransaction store, but at least there when you buy a cosmetic costume it is first of all about 7-9 euros a piece and it is available to all characters of all races of all genders all the time no matter what, you can freely dye it however you like with dyes (which are also unlocked for everyone of your characters account wide) how much you want.

I honestly think this is quite a steep price for something with that many restrictions. This is not the range of "I might skip a burger at the town for this" of price, this is "I might skip on an entire fairly sized game for this".

Seriously? And to add salt to the wound, the game has some serious lack in the area of visual customization where armour barely changes over time, many pieces looking the same throughout and you also can't get helmets, gloves, boots, pants etc. Its just the chest piece that changes anything and it is barely. Costumes are one of the few opportunities you get to actually visually customize yourself.

And that is just the costumes, barely scratched the surface of everything else (like dyes being one time items for about 2-4 euros each).

It feels honestly a bit insulting.

Oh wow its another GW2 vs BDo threat. No. ----- off. We explained why there is a price difference.

In your petty attempt to grab upvotes from the trolls you forget that a costume in BDo includes weapons and backpiece as well. GW2 does not.

Also, GW2 has a higher costing entry price and expansion price. 

but above all: BDo has virtually no sources of revenue aside from costumes. GW2 people buy legendaries by swiping their credit cards and basically feed money to gw2. In bdo in an attempt to preserve the balance of the game to time based and not "swipe card for +15" means they removed the ability to sell costumes for in game gold.

Go back to fashion wars 2. 

Posted

Uhhh

*hides all his costumes when he notices hostile about it*

*joins conversation to blend*

Yeah! Reduce prices!

*walks away slowly*

i would like for a price reduction but sadly i fit this post to a T.... ive bought like every costume for my 4 characters so far and bought the fish costume while thinking on buying it for another character too xD

i need help....

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh wow its another GW2 vs BDo threat. No. ----- off. We explained why there is a price difference.

In your petty attempt to grab upvotes from the trolls you forget that a costume in BDo includes weapons and backpiece as well. GW2 does not.

Also, GW2 has a higher costing entry price and expansion price. 

but above all: BDo has virtually no sources of revenue aside from costumes. GW2 people buy legendaries by swiping their credit cards and basically feed money to gw2. In bdo in an attempt to preserve the balance of the game to time based and not "swipe card for +15" means they removed the ability to sell costumes for in game gold.

Go back to fashion wars 2. 

You make a legit point, truly you do.....but i have to wonder, will you still be defending the pricing practice when BDO release the means to buy items that guarantee that you can craft a +15 weapon without losing the the chance of destroying/degrading the weapon (Lineage 2 style), cause we all know they gonna go down that road somethime, its the inevitable korean game development cash shop way.

Posted

You make a legit point, truly you do.....but i have to wonder, will you still be defending the pricing practice when BDO release the means to buy items that guarantee that you can craft a +15 weapon without losing the the chance of destroying/degrading the weapon (Lineage 2 style), cause we all know they gonna go down that road somethime, its the inevitable korean game development cash shop way.

I won't once that happens. But this game is definitely losing cutomers from all the shit it takes. 

I sometimes wonder maybe itll be better if we just allow cash shop items to be sold for gold. This would shut the stupid media and journalist from posting crap reviews and misinforming and definitely driving away potential customers.

Posted

I won't once that happens. But this game is definitely losing cutomers from all the shit it takes. 

I sometimes wonder maybe itll be better if we just allow cash shop items to be sold for gold. This would shut the stupid media and journalist from posting crap reviews and misinforming and definitely driving away potential customers.

It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation... in my opinion, selling of CS items should be allowed, but regulated. Also, the possibility of attaining pets as well as basic colors and color removal items, should be reintroduced into the game (it was in the Korean Beta). Combine that with the restoration of removed armor sets, and you'd get near what a b2p title should offer... then, and only then, the current cash shop prices would be somewhat acceptable.

1 person likes this

Posted

but above all: BDo has virtually no sources of revenue aside from costumes.

you were doing good till you typed this and it wrong. this game still has other sources in the cash shop to earn money one of which being RNG dyes (which contray to most/some do sell like hot cakes). really both games teeter back and forth on their cash shops, the only thing i give BDO, SLIGHTLY, is their costumes/oufits can be mix matched AND has stats (although you need to wear the set to use the full stats).   

Posted

Their game, their choice what the prices are. You're not forced to buy anything, and if you don't purchase it, it won't give you any significant disadvantage.

TOPKEK,except for the p2w items you good little goy. I would have agreed with you if the cashshop only had cosmetic items that didn't alter stats. Of course they do alter stats, so that's p2w through and through, nice try, kiddo. But keep giving all your shekels to your nosey overlords

Posted

BDO is whaling, and hoping that the kind of wierdos who buy star citizen ships will spend money here. It seems to be the preferred method of monetization for Pearl, cause Daum had to fight to make the game B2P over here. I'd much prefer a more reasonable cash shop that everyone dips into, and maybe if we make enough noise they'll push to make it so.

I mean, some costumes are super dope and if they weren't like 30 dollars I'm sure my buddies woulda got 'em already. But they're not. they're like 30 dollars.

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO is whaling, and hoping that the kind of wierdos who buy star citizen ships will spend money here. It seems to be the preferred method of monetization for Pearl, cause Daum had to fight to make the game B2P over here. I'd much prefer a more reasonable cash shop that everyone dips into, and maybe if we make enough noise they'll push to make it so.

I mean, some costumes are super dope and if they weren't like 30 dollars I'm sure my buddies woulda got 'em already. But they're not. they're like 30 dollars.

Yeah a lot of the community has been making noise about this, but a lot more noise is being made by those saying its fine as it is.

BTW its not fine as the prices are, its actually a psychological response most have think more money spent on a item = superior quality and the perceived notion that they are socially superior to others.

They already losing potential customers, most of the items in the CS I would personally have spent cash on, except i refuse to spend money for itmes that got removed from the actual game and placed being a paywall for an exorbitant fee for a 1 time usage item, without the ability to make it available across my entire account.

If they want to rip players/customers off, take a leaf from SWTOR, Full sets cost about £30 but you can have as many instances of that set created/given to you as many times as you want via their outfit manager, and for an extra usually £10 or so you can make that set available across you entire account (not sure if its across server, as I've never tested that). BUT OFC you can also buy the item from players via AH in game credit, and then only have to pay £10 or so to unlock across your account.

So in this game we can't sell to players for in game cash any item on the CS and CS has no P2W items (which is a decent idea, if there were many P2W items in CS, not sure effectiveness of Ghille suit that people say is P2W) as it stops the gold sellers, also items can only be sold for a max amount to combat gold sellers. - idea which in theory is nice.

But the entire reason becomes completely obsolete IF the CS has no P2W items, then whats the reason to stop players from selling items to each other via AH?

It basically comes down to the following: Publisher has no idea how to value £30 costume is worth in the AH, as they control the max min amount an item can sell for.

So rather than meet the great cluster fc*k of trying to unravel that yarn of impossibility you can be assured of the the following:

You will never be able to buy CS items in AH, cos CS items are too expensive via RMT, and publisher does not know how to value costumes worth £30 in AH as they set the prices, thus in turn meaning that CS items will stay as ridiculous value they currently are.

Cos lets be honest who's gonna pay 1000billion silvers for a 1 time costume? (besides me if i can get my trade empire up and running!)

Posted

Yeah a lot of the community has been making noise about this, but a lot more noise is being made by those saying its fine as it is.

BTW its not fine as the prices are, its actually a psychological response most have think more money spent on a item = superior quality and the perceived notion that they are socially superior to others.

Yeah, people will defend anything here. It's P amazing. 

1 person likes this