• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

2900 pearls for a costume? Seriously?

404 posts in this topic

Posted

This is one hour of work.  You can make that much money mowing a lawn.

Since when is 30 euros one hour of work ?

Are you that out of touch with reality that you think minimum wage in Europe is 30 euros an hour ?

Even in UK which probably has the highest minimum wage of EU isn't even close to 30 euro and is only £6.70 an hour if you're 21 or over and £5.30 if you're under 21

4 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I really don't like it either. I simply don't have that kind of cash lying around to just spend on the side. If it was 15, or 10 euros that would've been more doable for me.

I just hope they don't end up putting more gameplay relevant content behind a paywall, because I might not be able to play anymore if that is the case.

Posted

I would assume that there are also cool costumes in game that can be found for free.???    If that is true then there is really no reason for anybody to care what the prices are in the Cash Shop.

Nope.

http://bdo-fashion.com/

If you go there, then go to the Armor menu, select any class under Equipment, and chech the PvE tab, you're able to see all the available in-game combat armors. Yes, that's all you can have for "free". Compare that to any other B2P/F2P MMO.

2 people like this

Posted

This is one of the best looking games and its free if you exclude the one time that you payed to acquire the licence. Have we done something that we deserve to play it entirely for free? noone is forcing us to buy a costume. You talk like daums job it to give everything for almost free and produce the same great result

Posted

Nope.

http://bdo-fashion.com/

If you go there, then go to the Armor menu, select any class under Equipment, and chech the PvE tab, you're able to see all the available in-game combat armors. Yes, that's all you can have for "free". Compare that to any other B2P/F2P MMO.

Aside from the profession outfits, there really is not more then what you see in the character creation (excluding the P market ones, those are cash shop too)... at least for now. It comes down to 2-3 different designs per class.

Posted

This is one hour of work.  You can make that much money mowing a lawn.  My only complaint is they should have about 10 different costumers per class available.  So at least we do not all look the same.

I am now 43.  When I was 12 years old I could make 100 dollars a day mowing lawns.  I did what every 12 year old did back then when they had money.  Went to the arcade.  I guess my thought process hasn't changed much.   I don't think 1 hour or less of my wages are to much to pay to look cool.   I work 80+ hours a week.  I purchased 60.00 worth of in game cash.  With what I got from my starter package and that it was enough to buy 3 costumes for my 3 characters.   

I can understand that these prices might be to high for some or even many.   I would assume that there are also cool costumes in game that can be found for free.???    If that is true then there is really no reason for anybody to care what the prices are in the Cash Shop.

Why did you quote me and then tell me about yourself, when I told you not everyone lives in NA and my concern is for those with much lower economic income in the EU. Are you deliberately being obtuse?

And no, the game is designed to force people into the cash shop to buy costumes and a myriad of other things - there are no 'cool' costumes available for free.

Posted

This is one of the best looking games and its free if you exclude the one time that you payed to acquire the licence. Have we done something that we deserve to play it entirely for free? noone is forcing us to buy a costume. You talk like daums job it to give everything for almost free and produce the same great result

I love when people pull up the "can't have everything for free" card;

IT'S NOT ABOUT HAVING IT FOR FREE FOR FUСK SAKE!

It's about having visual diversity and not looking like a homeless person.

I don't know for you, but I like seeing some visual diversity in my armors, as crappy as they may look, while I'm leveling up.

THEN, I love to go PvE/PvP grinding to get access to the most cool looking (or best stat-wise, or both with some transmog system like in every game nowadays)

Sadly, you GOT NONE OF IT HERE IF YOU DO NOT FORK AN EXTRA 30$/€ TROLOLOL

That's the issue. What's the point of having a beautiful game if you look like a beggar 24/7

And 30 bucks for a ONE TIME costume for ONE character on ONE SERVER is incredibly shady and greedy as hell and DOES NOT incite to get scammed more than once , you gonna pay for that ONE costume and stay the hell with it forever and ever at the price you paid for it LOL

3 people like this

Posted

I love when people pull up the "can't have everything for free" card;

IT'S NOT ABOUT HAVING IT FOR FREE FOR FUСK SAKE!

It's about having visual diversity and not looking like a homeless person.

I don't know for you, but I like seeing some visual diversity in my armors, as crappy as they may look, while I'm leveling up.

THEN, I love to go PvE/PvP grinding to get access to the most cool looking (or best stat-wise, or both with some transmog system like in every game nowadays)

This is why I prefer subscription over Buy to play/Free to play/Buy to Free to play

Everybody pays the same amount, everybody has equal chance to get everything in the game

For a competitive MMO equal playing field is the most important mechanic

1 person likes this

Posted

This is why I prefer subscription over Buy to play/Free to play/Buy to Free to play

Everybody pays the same amount, everybody has equal chance to get everything in the game

For a competitive MMO equal playing field is the most important mechanic

Sadly, that era seems to be over. It looks like companies have found they can get more money from in-game cash shops. Which is unsurprising really, with the amount of MMOs currently in the market. The only way to get the masses these days is to give away your game for free.

Posted

$30 isn't a lot of money to me, it's an absolute ripoff for a video game outfit. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

$30 isn't a lot of money to me, it's an absolute ripoff for a video game outfit. 

^^ this

It's not about X amount of money being too much. It's the value proposition of the cashshop items that is ridiculous and not consumer friendly. I'm not spending 100 for let's say, underwair, a costume and a horse armor. That's bad value and doesn't remotely mean I would not spend 100 if there was better value. And the costumes giving advantages is another thing....I really don't like where this is going. I also don't see how they are going to solve the pet breeding system they are going to implement, because if it's going to be a copy from KR it's going downhill really fast

Edited by ikwtif
2 people like this

Posted

My point was that GW2 have a gem to gold system in place. This is the concept:

A legendary takes wayyyy longer than a +15 yuria to make. Normally, it takes someone like 3 month to make a legendary. 

However, a lot of people don't want to spend the time to make legendaries and thus, they buy the legendaries for like 500$ by buying 3k gold and grab a legendary.

This is as if someone bought a +18 liverto with 500$. Same concept.

EXCEPT, in BDo selling CS items/pearls for gold gives you an extreme advantage in game. In GW2 it does not since stats are so similar.

Now, because BDo does not allow pearl item selling, they LOSE OUT on a lot of sustained income. Whales have no way of selling pearls for gold.

Think of it this way: whales only want maybe 2 or 3 costume at max. That's only like 90$. They spend 200 and they get everything they want in the game (boat, wagon, etc).

Now imagine DAUM allows cash shop to gold. Say theoretically a costume sells for 40m. Thats like the price of a single +15 armor or weapon on the market. Thats 6 costumes, and then say they want an ogre ring (2 costume), and PRI witches/marks. Thats like 15 costumes together for a fully geared character.

30x15= 450$. BOOM, you have fully geared your character.

And that is being extreme. Now, say one costume is 10m and people wants full +15 (4 armor 2 weapon). 

6 x 30$ x 4 = 720$.

DAUM is potentially giving up 720$-200$ = 520$. In order to preserve the balance of the game to be time based, they gave up on HUGE profits from whales.

You're comparing skins to weapons man. In gw2 sure you can buy a legendary but you're buying something you can work towards in game. Which you cant do here. You can make a legendary in less than a month now due to the amount of gold you can make from so many sources in gw2. Yes you can straight up buy a legendary but there are more than one way to get the skin. Where as in this game theres only one. If they had a skin wardrobe system in this game and the prices were 10-15 for skins then there would be a lot of people buying multiple armors. Atm its not worth the $ for what you get in return. 

Posted

BDO is whaling, and hoping that the kind of wierdos who buy star citizen ships will spend money here. It seems to be the preferred method of monetization for Pearl, cause Daum had to fight to make the game B2P over here. I'd much prefer a more reasonable cash shop that everyone dips into, and maybe if we make enough noise they'll push to make it so.

I mean, some costumes are super dope and if they weren't like 30 dollars I'm sure my buddies woulda got 'em already. But they're not. they're like 30 dollars.

Star citizen ships are usable in game, plus the benefits that early backers have gotten will save money + the amount of money that has already been dumped on them means its gonna be the best space sim ever. First person shooting, open world, a insanely detailed economic system, graphics beyond comprehension, along with the actual combat system with ships. and did i mention the physics? Why hate on such a good game

Posted (edited)

You're comparing skins to weapons man. In gw2 sure you can buy a legendary but you're buying something you can work towards in game. Which you cant do here. You can make a legendary in less than a month now due to the amount of gold you can make from so many sources in gw2. Yes you can straight up buy a legendary but there are more than one way to get the skin. Where as in this game theres only one. If they had a skin wardrobe system in this game and the prices were 10-15 for skins then there would be a lot of people buying multiple armors. Atm its not worth the $ for what you get in return. 

you are completely missing the point. Bcs its possible to straight up buy a legendsry, that generates a lot of revenue for GW2.

Because you cannot straight up buy a +15 weapon in BDo (which bdo did to preserve game balance) DAUM is missing potential revenue that could have been made.

Also, GW2 sells expansions, BDo does not.

This is why costumes are more expensive and character bound in BDo, to make up for that lost revenue,

Edited by Seishikin

Posted (edited)

Technically, no. GW2 HoT replaced GW2 and GW2 became f2p. So they still only sell one game.

Either way, even vanilla GW2 has like 100x more armour pieces than BDO that you can mix and match, without buying anything through the cashshop.

If you think costumes are expensive to "make up" for anything, you are just fooling yourself. They are expensive because DAUM are greedy as all hell and want quick cash, not longevity.

Edited by Wafalls

Posted

you are completely missing the point. Bcs its possible to straight up buy a legendsry, that generates a lot of revenue for GW2.

Because you cannot straight up buy a +15 weapon in BDo (which bdo did to preserve game balance) DAUM is missing potential revenue that could have been made.

This is why costumes are more expensive and character bound in BDo, to make up for that lost revenue,

What Wafalls said pretty much. They will make more money in the long term if the prices were cheaper because they have so many type of skins buy-able on the cash shop. Sadly they overpriced everything which limits people from spending as most people dont see the value in spending that amount. Its a dumb move driven by greed. 

Yes you can straight up buy a legendary but thats not a main revue item for the game. Daum isnt missing shit. They could easily make more than gw2 but their pricing platform is exceedingly high and people are pigeonholed on buying skins ONLY from the cash shop. It screams greed. Only the rich people or morons will spend insane amounts on this game where as normal people will probably only spend on special occasions like birthdays/xmas. That expensive price is just not going to work and will put off the majority of the player base. 

Sure content is free but all the content has already been made in Korea and will be made in Korea. Every version of BDO is getting its content from the Korean version which has its own funding. They are playing people with the nonsense they are using to back up the ridiculous prices. On top of this the 100% rng dye system designed to eat $$$. You cant use one dye multiple times and you cant get the dye you want. If that doesnt make you realize what type of shit we're dealing with here than idk what to tell you man. 

All the NA/EU/Russian/JP people are being payed for is keeping the servers up and the game running smooth. Along with that providing feedback and suggestions from the non korean communities. That's all. They can only suggest content to PA but in the end PA has the whole thing under them. 

They even pushed to make the game b2p for NA/EU and kept the f2p model (pvt wiggles Q&A). Charging us insane amounts for cash shop stuff and on top of that making us spend the initial fee. Which makes no sense other than making people pay more for no damn reason. They are making it seem like they are making and developing the game on their own which is not the deal in this case. They're demanding too much and giving back less than minimal in return. How could they say the communication was good with the player base? The only person i have only seen is Jouska on the forums. Other than him the few of the others that start a thread or announcements but nothing else from those guys. 

I love the game and want it to succeed but this is shady and messed up. The Rick guy couldn't give a solid reason for why the cash shop prices are redonk. He searched and stuttered hard (pvt wiggles Q&A).

Posted

never.jpg

Posted

People should already stop attacking b2p decision... Its localization thing done right... Have you played other versions? Char creator is for money, inventory slots and weight are extremely limited, 2 or 3 character slots altogether... We got pretty good value for money invested in their b2p model... What is a problem though, is that it ends here... They started localization nicely, but -----ed up big on the way... RU would go bancrupt in weeks with these prices...

EU is living a bit of pseudo-whales (since they have no actual reason to spend serious amounts of money yet), since most of EU either cant or aint willing to pay this much money for few bonus pixels... But who knows for how long... With cheaper CS whole community would be able to support the game... With this we have few months, before they give whales reasons to pay (p2w), or they come up with other way to force people to pay up...

Posted

I have no problem with the prices.

Posted

I have no problem with the prices.

So you like to pay 30$ for a few pixels? I do a week of groceries with that.

Posted

The only thing that really bothers me is when I turn up at a new Town, and see 25 other people standing by the Trade Manager with the exact same outfit, colours, everything. Bit annoying really *Shrugs*.

But you also need to take in to account that this is pretty much a direct port from the KR format - and in KR and generally most asian markets, in game cash shops make millions. The mentality and player base accept it and are heavy adopters of it. In the EU, not so much so.

But I for one, won't be paying €29 for 1 outfit. Waste of money imo *Shugs*

Posted

So you like to pay 30$ for a few pixels? I do a week of groceries with that.

Didn't you pay at least also 30$ for a few pixels. (the game)

Posted

Didn't you pay at least also 30$ for a few pixels. (the game)

Hard to compare a whole game vs an outifit... aren't you exaggerating a bit much here?

1 person likes this

Posted

Nobody is forcing you to buy the costume.

Posted

But you also need to take in to account that this is pretty much a direct port from the KR format

Yeah... koreans themselves quite often look like copy-paste of each other... :D

Nobody is forcing you to buy the costume.

Same as nobody will be forcing you to pay 2k daily, when game turns out p2w, due to lack of income... :D