• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

2900 pearls for a costume? Seriously?

404 posts in this topic

Posted

Baum is just being greedy as hell and not seeing the bigger picture.

Who do you think makes more money? Ferrari or Toyota?

I'll admit i bought a costume (couldn't stomach looking like a hobo) and inventory space (seriously...the amount of inventory space even with the quests that gives you slots is way too little)....but I won't be buying another costume for a long time because its so expensive...maybe in a year if i'm still playing this game i would buy another.

My point is - More people would be inclined to buy more costumes and other stuff on the cash shop if it where to be cheaper....hence in the end....Baum makes more money. I would like for Baum to comment on this topic. Obviously its a hot topic on the forums and there is a new thread about this popping up frequently and they reach many pages.

Posted

No worries, I've already purchased all of them for my class, I've made sure that I'd cover up for three people. Alot have done the same too.

Just keep whinning.

Posted (edited)

2900 pearls for a costume. That is, according to Daum, almost 29 euros (the 2500 included in the Conquerors package were valued at 25 euros).

2900 pearls (29 euros) nets you one costume you can apply to one character on one server once. You don't get a costume for any other character of the same class, on any other server, its just that single character. 29 euros.

Are you seriously thinking this is fair? Guild Wars 2 offers the same type of system, it lets you buy the game (with no subscription fees), offers you extras through their microtransaction store, but at least there when you buy a cosmetic costume it is first of all about 7-9 euros a piece and it is available to all characters of all races of all genders all the time no matter what, you can freely dye it however you like with dyes (which are also unlocked for everyone of your characters account wide) how much you want.

I honestly think this is quite a steep price for something with that many restrictions. This is not the range of "I might skip a burger at the town for this" of price, this is "I might skip on an entire fairly sized game for this".

Seriously? And to add salt to the wound, the game has some serious lack in the area of visual customization where armour barely changes over time, many pieces looking the same throughout and you also can't get helmets, gloves, boots, pants etc. Its just the chest piece that changes anything and it is barely. Costumes are one of the few opportunities you get to actually visually customize yourself.

And that is just the costumes, barely scratched the surface of everything else (like dyes being one time items for about 2-4 euros each).

It feels honestly a bit insulting.

Well firstly I thank you for voicing your concern cause that's the first step to change. They hopefully will follow suit with Korea and change the dye system to allow us to change to whatever dyes we want only at the cost of a "monthly" sub . Think like the 30 day appearance change, its that but for dyes and unlimited range of colors as well. Money grabbing yes, though in the grand scheme of things not so bad, same goes for the costumes, this game is a Korean game and they have adopted this micro-transaction business model for a reason. I'd rather them add more features for broader customization along with these costumes instead of just lowering the pricing. Simply because the costumes themselves do come in pieces, you do not have to buy the entire set, so an individual could chose to save on their wallet by just buying the few select paces they want. More bang for that 2900 Pearl though would be appreciated. Doesn't have to be stats but more immersive features/customization. Special animations perhaps, visual effects, emotes? Things along those lines to have more fun and feel more satisfied with the purchase.

Edited by Nexius

Posted

I used to play some f2p games which hawked their costumes/skins for a few bucks. The result was that everyone owned every single skin, once a new skin was released, everyone was wearing it. Skins are meant to be something special, they are pure luxury (dont bring up those marginal stats, they dont boost u 2 godmode... except the camouflage, but thats another topic). Therefore I support the current pricings + as I said before: u dont need the skins to fully experience the pvp/pve/commerce system and there is no fundamental right for skins -> u cant afford them u cant buy them.

btw: why is a sub-fee game legit to have an overpriced itemshop and a p2p-game isnt? doesnt make any kind of sense...

I have a different experience with this.

I played Dota2 for 4 years.

Dota2 has a HUGE store with a lot of customizables, each costume is made of parts (standard shoes, shirt+pants/skirt or dress/full armor, gloves, helmet, accessory, weapons). They add new costumes regularly and they're always on market + there are periodic costumes you can get from events or by watching tournaments + there are really rare outfits you can get from supported designer signs.

After 4 years of playing Dota2 I have about 700 customizables.

I can make my own sets from common, uncommon, rare or mythical costumes, combine them the way they still look cool, but at the same time there's a tiny % chance another person will have the exact same combination.

Because most costumes are really cheap (few euros on Store, way less on Steam Market + you can obtain them randomly by playing + you can exchange what you own with other players) most dedicated Dota 2 users have most of the customizables available, and a lot of them wears the same thing if it's really cool. But a lot of chars has 30+ sets you can mix and match, making your hero look completely unique. :D Because there are so many things that are obtainable very easily, everyone can get what they want, everyone can dress up their favorite heroes and everyone looks unique. And everyone's happy! :)

The more stuff there are in the CS in a reasonable price and the more free armors are in the game itself, the more freedom players get to make their characters look unique.

Right now we have 6-7 armors on each class that change as you progress, meaning as lvl 1 you have armor set 1 and as lvl 50+ you wear set 6 that every 60+ wears.

We have 2-3 costumes in CS + Ghillie per class, with Karlstein being the most popular set, which, like Ghillie, is shared among all classes. All female Karlsteins look the same and all male Karlsteins look the same. Meaning that:

If you buy Ghillie- you look exactly like every person who bought the Ghillie costume

If you buy Karlstein- you either look exactly like every other female character wearing Karlstein or you look exactly like every other male character wearing Karlstein

If you bought class specific costume A- you look exactly like every other player who chose your class and bought A

If you bought class specific costume B- same as A.

There's no actuall variety in BDO, CS at its current state doesn't help with it at all, it only makes another category of clones

I can't comprehend why they removed armor progression and armor variety from the game. :(

3 people like this

Posted

Wat.  We have about 10% of the total cash shop offerings.  This is milking in the fullest extent.  Even in the beta weekends we saw more than what we have at launch now but in other versions of the game there are hundreds of items available that we don't have access to yet.  The reason it's so overpriced is because of exactly the reason you said - but they're doing it to milk us, not because it's all they have.  And it's working, judging by your reply

Research.  Common sense.

wtf milking the weak minded fools, look around there are lots of them around, why cause companies need to make profit, pray tell me where are the gonna get the revenue to pay for all their services and support, simple logic if u dont like it dont play or buy that product choice is yours..., or do the right thing and boycott i.e. dont buy from the cash shop... u want your cake and eat it at the same time .... 

Posted (edited)

I see a few solutions to this problem:

- They make outfits cheaper, straight up.

- They make outfits account wide usable on any character.

- They make dyes much more accessable, letting us choose exactly which dye we want.

- They make dyes permanent on an account, after unlocking it.

- They make outfits that you can get by playing the game.

It just needs to be one of these solutions, and people would be happier, because it would be less expensive to make your character look different from every other character around you. Personally, I'm for one of the 2 dye system solution I listed. Because being able to dye your gear in the color you want, is the best way of making it your own style.

Or you know, just keep the ridiculous dye rng, the needless restrictions, and over the top expensiveness. You either want a handfull of players to buy your expensive stuff, or every player to buy your well priced stuff. Changes need to come quickly, because players will surely get sick of not only looking the same throughout the game, but also the same as every other player.

Edited by Vampyre
1 person likes this

Posted

if they make cash shop cheaper, those that bought at 2500 pearls will complain. never ending cycle

Posted (edited)

Yes there are other options. How about not getting it at all? And Nike would make a particular style that YOU would want but cant afford. I cant believe people like you are so butthurt over cosmetics its unreal. 

Have fun working your minimum wage job complaining about not being able to afford it. And then lets talk about education. Peasant.

I don't usually like to talk money because its rude as ----- ... but in this case i shall - Stick with me here.

I have money, i have so much money. I make in a month what the average family makes in a year, i have a 9 bedroom house on 32 acres of British countryside.

I'am the owner of 5 Cars that individually cost in excess of £100,000, personalized and modified to my personal needs .......... Through all that i give around 20% of my yearly earning to Charities i deem worthy, i feed many people in situation where they can't feed their-selves due to people like you. 

Now with that said, i don't wear Designer labels, my shoe of choice is Reebok. My clothes of choice cost very very little ..... Now why am i talking about money ? Ah yes - The reason i have so much money is because i understand the value of it, i worked my way up from a council house in a run down area. £30 for a Costume is not value for money, it doesn't matter how much of it you have. Having excess amounts of money does not change how someone perceives value.

Anyway. Your attitude stinks and your money is probably inherited from a relative. Answers many questions and puts light on, how you have no concept of value.

I could literally buy you, i could buy this whole company .... What i can't buy is a Costume for £30. I have common sense. 

Edited by Soulplay
1 person likes this

Posted

*sniffs thread* yep this one is ripe.

Posted (edited)

I don't usually like to talk money because ... but in this case i shall.

I have money, i have so much money. I make in a month what the average family makes in a year, i have a 9 bedroom house on 32 acres of British countryside.

I'am the owner of 5 Cars that individually cost in excess of £100,000, personalized and modified to my personal needs .......... Through all that i give around 20% of my yearly earning to Charities i deem worthy, i feed many people in situation where they can't feed their-selves due to people like you. 

Now with that said, i don't wear Designer labels, my shoe of choice is Reebok. My clothes of choice cost very very little ..... Now why am i talking about money ? Ah yes - The reason i have so much money is because i understand the value of it, i worked my way up from a council house in a run down area. £30 for a Costume is not value for money, it doesn't matter how much of it you have. Having excess amounts of money does not chance how someone perceives value.

Anyway your attitude stinks, your money is properly inherited from a relative. Answers many questions and puts light on how you have no concept of value.

I could literally buy you, i could buy this whole company .... What i can't buy is a Costume for £30. I have common sense.

So you won the lottery.Your post makes no sense.If you are as rich as you make out you are then 30 quid is nothing and If I was in your shoes I would be throwing money at the screen to not look like everyone else.

Edited to add.Lol at the thought of you being able to but Daum.Your post is either BS or you are a "care in the community" type.

Edited by Battle Hymn

Posted (edited)

So you won the lottery.Your post makes no sense.If you are as rich as you make out you are then 30 quid is nothing and If I was in your shoes I would be throwing money at the screen to not look like everyone else.

Gluttony and Greed are not good Characteristics. I didnt win the lottery, maybe if you read past the first sentence.

Pond Life.

It's not about how much you have, if the goods are not worth the price tag ... This is very very basic stuff here, i feel sorry for whoever taught you at school.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted (edited)

Gluttony and Greed are not good Characteristics. I didnt win the lottery, maybe if you read past the first sentence.

Pond Life.

I did read your first post.When I got through the grammatical errors that pervaded your wibble I came to the conclusion it was full of horseshit.

Edited by Battle Hymn

Posted (edited)

I did read your first post.When I got through the grammatical errors that pervaded your wibble I came to the conclusion it was full of horseshit.

Ahh yes. Personal attacks always work, im glad you have no concept of money ... Or apparently don't need to. You can throw them all the money they ask for. Correct ?

Sad thing is you're probably eating Microwave Noodles in a shitty one bed flat. Lucky you spent that hand out money on a Costume, that you can never sell or use again.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted (edited)

I don't usually like to talk money because its rude as ----- ... but in this case i shall - Stick with me here.

Now with that said, i don't wear Designer labels, my shoe of choice is Reebok. My clothes of choice cost very very little ..... Now why am i talking about money ? Ah yes - The reason i have so much money is because i understand the value of it, i worked my way up from a council house in a run down area. £30 for a Costume is not value for money, it doesn't matter how much of it you have. Having excess amounts of money does not change how someone perceives value.

Anyway. Your attitude stinks and your money is probably inherited from a relative. Answers many questions and puts light on, how you have no concept of value.

Show us a pic of your 5 exotic cars and 9 bedroom house and I will gladly STFU and willingly admit i got rekt. Hold a fork next to them too so we know its legit

Edited by Sophitia

Posted (edited)

Ahh yes. Personal attacks always work, im glad you have no concept of money ... Or apparently don't need to. You can throw them all the money they ask for. Correct ?

Sad thing is you're probably eating Microwave Noodles in a shitty one bed flat. Lucky you spent that hand out money on a Costume, that you can never sell or use again.

Not quite but you are paying for my standard of living and you will be to the day I die.Got to love those Army pensions....only had to work for 22 year lol.

Edited by Battle Hymn

Posted (edited)

Not quite but you are paying for my standard of living and will you be to the day I die.Got to love those Army pensions....only had to work for 22 year lol.

Ahhh yeah those pensions ... I donate money to food banks and Shelter England, I know exactly how far an Army Pension gets you. I was brought up a Pads Brat and lived the Army life for 16 years till i moved out. I thought Servicemen had more self-respect and common sense.

Show us a pic of your 5 exotic cars and 9 bedroom house and I will gladly STFU and willingly admit i got rekt.

Who are you now ? Proving anything to you would be a waste of my time. Allow yourself now child, you're starting to come across as a -----. Grow up a little.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted (edited)

Ahhh yeah those pensions ... I donate money to food banks and Shelter England, I know exactly how far an Army Pension gets you. I was brought up a Pads Brat and lived the Army life for 16 years till i moved out. I thought Servicemen had more self-respect.

But I thought you were brought up in a council house?Or do councils now house Army families?You are so full of shit that it doesn't know what hole to come out off.

Edited by Battle Hymn
1 person likes this

Posted

Ahhh yeah those pensions ... I donate money to food banks and Shelter England, I know exactly how far an Army Pension gets you. I was brought up a Pads Brat and lived the Army life for 16 years till i moved out. I thought Servicemen had more self-respect and common sense.

Who are you now ? Proving anything to you would be a waste of my time. Allow yourself now child, you're starting to come across as a -----. Grow up a little.

fkin LOL @ u 

Posted (edited)

But I thought you were brought up in a council house?You are so full of shit that it doesn't know what hole to come out off.

Not all families move abroad. Some remain here in England .. In council houses ... The Army does not supply the Family a home only the serving solider.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted (edited)

Not all families move abroad with their partner. So remain here in England .. In council houses ... The Army does not supply the Family a home only the serving solider.

You must have had an awesome family not to want to move together on posting.No wonder you are as -----ed up as you are.

Probably a NAAFI child....conceived  round the back by the bins. 

Edited by Battle Hymn

Posted

We can protest this by simply not buying the product. We live in a capitalist society and revenue is all corporations care about so DO NOT buy the items! Unless the dev's are actually purposely ignoring us then the prices should lower when they see low revenue results.

Posted

well it is pricey but they also don't have some sort of premium option where they neuter existing drop rates, exp gain rates, and other things and then slap on a premium feature. so i'm glad i don't feel pressured to opt in to that. might get a costume at some point but i mean, for that cost it has to REALLY appeal to me.

Posted (edited)

You must have had an awesome family not to want to move together on posting.No wonder you are as -----ed up as you are.

Probably a NAAFI child....conceived  round the back by the bins. 

Or the fact that moving every 3 years from Germany > Ireland > England > Cyrus, is risking a large amount of stability and education. Both of which are required for a proper upbringing. It's well known that the majority of those "Army Children" who do move around end up with nothing, the Army don't care about you or your Family.

Anyway this has ended up with me just replying to your Dribble, enjoy your Pension you earned that. What a champion.

As a side note: My dad didn't go to the NAFFI, that's for Scrubs and Privates, Brigadiers can afford to shop off camp. Par. 

Edited by Soulplay

Posted (edited)

Or the fact that moving every 3 years from Germany > Ireland > England > Cyrus, is risking a large amount of stability and education. Both of which are required for a proper upbringing. It's well known that the majority of those "Army Children" who do move around end up with nothing, the Army don't care about you or your Family.

Anyway this has ended up with me just replying to your Dribble, enjoy your Pension you earn that. What a champion.

As a side note: My dad didn't go to the NAFFI, that's for Scrubs and Privates, Brigadiers can afford to shop off camp. Par. 

But but but I thought you were a poor "chav" who grew up in poverty on a council estate.Now your telling me your Farther was a  Brigadier?This is so fun.Dissecting your lies has been a highlight of my day.(for our US viewers a Brigadier is equal to Brigadier General)

Please keep posting I am having FUN!!!!!!!

Edited by Battle Hymn

Posted (edited)

But but but I thought you were a poor "chav" who grew up in poverty on a council estate.Now your telling me your Farther was a  Brigadier?This is so fun.Dissecting your lies has been a highlight of my day.

Please keep posting I am having FUN!!!!!!!

Ahhh you're humorous. It was an example of extremes to match your equally extreme and childish comment. I thought you were educated ?

Probs just a high school drop out, who joined the Army as an "escape" after you left School with nothing, worked your ----- off for 22 years to come out a Corporal and you're bitter. I get that, you have every right to be bitter. No one cares. 

Edited by Soulplay