• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How do you feel about the variety, or lack thereof, in the cash shop?

How do you feel about the variety, or lack thereof, in the cash shop?   205 votes

1. 1. How do you feel about the variety, or lack thereof, in the cash shop?

• I'm alright with it.
    • No underwear? Only two costumes per class? Lame.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

94 posts in this topic

Posted

Per title.

Posted

Definitely option #2.

Posted

How about you play the game for what it is, and stop looking into outside cashshops of sort?

game launched today, and you already whine? i mean are you really that childrish?

4 people like this

Posted

We had a lot more options in CBT, so the cash shop does feel rather lame. Looks like I'll be waiting to spend my pearls.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How about you play the game for what it is, and stop looking into outside cashshops of sort?

game launched today, and you already whine? i mean are you really that childrish?

The cash shop is where 90% of the content of the game exists. There is no other place in-game to get armor sets honestly....

Edited by Disappointment
1 person likes this

Posted

It's a poll. No one's whining. At least not yet, but they probably will eventually, so you really should save your acidic response for little while longer.

Posted

Where's the option that says: "The game just bloody launched"

Why would they put every costume on there all at once?  That's silly.  From a business perspective, it's better to release costumes slowly over time.  Each new costume becomes a new "shiny thing" that people will buy more of.  If you rotate costumes such that only some are available every X number of months, then you add in scarcity, which makes the costumes even more valuable in the eyes of the player.

I would imagine that is their goal.  So, if you don't like the costumes available at the moment, then don't spend your pearls...

1 person likes this

Posted

The cash shop is where 90% of the content of the game exists. There is no other place in-game to get armor sets honestly....

they should create alternate ways to get costumes

2 people like this

Posted

They gonna slowly breadcrumb the other costumes and pass it off as "new" content

2 people like this

Posted

i think most people would always prefer more options, however we all know they will make more money this way and they have a responsibility to make money.

I would love more options, but instead of spending my pearls now, I'll wait it out. Speak with your wallets.

Posted

We had a lot more options in CBT, so the cash shop does feel rather lame. Looks like I'll be waiting to spend my pearls.

Posted

THE CASH SHOP IS MEANT TO BE EXPANDED ON. THE ACTUAL CASH SHOP HAS TONS OF COSTUMES AND SUCH, BUT THE POINT IS TO GRADUALLY INTRODUCE THEM TO THE COMMUNITY SO THAT WE DON'T GET TIRED OF THE CONTENT WITHIN 2 WEEKS

STFU WITH THESE POSTS

3 people like this

Posted

GIVE US BACK OUR UNDERWEAR AND BOATS.

Posted

i think most people would always prefer more options, however we all know they will make more money this way and they have a responsibility to make money.

I would love more options, but instead of spending my pearls now, I'll wait it out. Speak with your wallets.

If you can't make a profit on a Buy2Play game without nickel and diming your consumers, Games like Diablo 3 and Guild wars 2 wouldn't be profitable.

This argument is a gross over exaggeration.

THE CASH SHOP IS MEANT TO BE EXPANDED ON. THE ACTUAL CASH SHOP HAS TONS OF COSTUMES AND SUCH, BUT THE POINT IS TO GRADUALLY INTRODUCE THEM TO THE COMMUNITY SO THAT WE DON'T GET TIRED OF THE CONTENT WITHIN 2 WEEKS

STFU WITH THESE POSTS

We know that.. That's the problem. Why are you so angry?

Posted

I understand that they're breadcrumbing it....but man, I just want my glasses. That's the only cosmetic thing I wanted to buy.

1 person likes this

Posted

STFU WITH THESE POSTS

No you shut up. Stop licking the developer bum dude. They're charging $6 for pixel underwear and $22 for costume shiz. The only reason they removed the additional cash shop shit is so that they can make more bank throughout the game.

2 people like this

Posted

Really, some of us have been playing since the first Beta's and was looking forward to some of the items we got to see in the Cash Shop. Then without any warning they change everything about it. No Boat, less than a third of the items from the testing, not being able to breed pets.  

This is an issue that's a lot bigger than just items. It shows a complete lack of communication on their part and a huge disconnect with this community. I have been okay with the normally launch day issues, this is not my first MMO launch lol, but the changes with no communication does not sit well with me. Any game I have been a part of where this starts happening normally ends up with the publisher saying "Not our fault guys, they didn't tell us" and the buck just gets passed with no real resolution to the issues.   

Posted

Where's the option that says: "The game just bloody launched"

Why would they put every costume on there all at once?  That's silly.  From a business perspective, it's better to release costumes slowly over time.  Each new costume becomes a new "shiny thing" that people will buy more of.  If you rotate costumes such that only some are available every X number of months, then you add in scarcity, which makes the costumes even more valuable in the eyes of the player.

I would imagine that is their goal.  So, if you don't like the costumes available at the moment, then don't spend your pearls...

There is little to no in game character customization in this game, the only way around this is the cash shop, by design of course.  Now there is little to no character customization outside the character creator, period, which is just lame.  

In other words, if I were recommending this game to friends, I would say to them, "not only does it have little to no character customization, they are releasing the only customization options piecemeal for exorbitant prices, I don't really recommend you buy this game".

Btw, happy customers == good business.  Bleeding them dry only gets you money for so long.

1 person likes this

Posted

ISNT IT OBVIOUS M8

No.. People are unhappy having purchase options removed during a sale that was supposed to be a gratuity for all the issues people have had...

What is wrong with holding a company accountable for purposely removing content to get more money in the long run? Why do other B2P games not have to resort to these tactics and still make a great profit?

2 people like this

Posted

No you shut up. Stop licking the developer bum dude. They're charging $6 for pixel underwear and $22 for costume shiz. The only reason they removed the additional cash shop shit is so that they can make more bank throughout the game.

"ERNUR!! PRICEZ R TOO HIGH ERNUR I HAB NO CHOICE BUT 2 BUY DEM ERNUR!!"

Posted

Daum U Greedy

should be a new meme used every where.

1 person likes this

Posted

No.. People are unhappy having purchase options removed during a sale that was supposed to be a gratuity for all the issues people have had...

What is wrong with holding a company accountable for purposely removing content to get more money in the long run? Why do other B2P games not have to resort to these tactics and still make a great profit?

"ERNUR DAUM IS RELEAZING COSTUMEZ IN INCREMENTS, MUS B SCAM!! MUS B 2 MEK MOAR MONEHZ!!! NO WAI IT COULD B 2 KEEP DA GAME FRESH BY CONSTANTLY HAB'N SOMETING NEW 2 RELEAZ RIGHT? ERNURRRR!!!"

Posted

"ERNUR DAUM IS RELEAZING COSTUMEZ IN INCREMENTS, MUS B SCAM!! MUS B 2 MEK MOAR MONEHZ!!! NO WAI IT COULD B 2 KEEP DA GAME FRESH BY CONSTANTLY HAB'N SOMETING NEW 2 RELEAZ RIGHT? ERNURRRR!!!"

Can I request a ban on this obnoxious dude? You don't need to type in 72 size font and bold letters, makes you look extremely autistic.

3 people like this

Posted

If you can't make a profit on a Buy2Play game without nickel and diming your consumers, Games like Diablo 3 and Guild wars 2 wouldn't be profitable.

This argument is a gross over exaggeration.

I never made the argument they had to "nickel and dime" anyone to be profitable...

But having a rotation of store items does keep sales going on a regular basis. It's not an opinion it's a fact of business. Heck even fast food places do limited time offerings to keep things interesting.

I never said the current assortment was the right balance.

Posted

I never made the argument they had to "nickel and dime" anyone to be profitable...

But having a rotation of store items does keep sales going on a regular basis. It's not an opinion it's a fact of business. Heck even fast food places do limited time offerings to keep things interesting.

I never said the current assortment was the right balance.

Your justification that we should hand wave away every bad choice this company makes because "well.. at the end of the day they need to make a dollar" can be disproved in a minute when you see how cash shops are run on successful platforms today.

The most important variable in making money is a healthy consumer base. Not a toxic one that feels ignored and abused. You can rotate those costumes til the cows come home, if there are only 12 fan boys left to buy it when everything is said and done - your gonna have a bad time.