• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How do you feel about the variety, or lack thereof, in the cash shop?

How do you feel about the variety, or lack thereof, in the cash shop?   205 votes

1. 1. How do you feel about the variety, or lack thereof, in the cash shop?

• I'm alright with it.
    • No underwear? Only two costumes per class? Lame.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

94 posts in this topic

Posted

This whole thing is either another bug or another incredibly scummy attempt by Daum to sc----- more cash off of their players.  Either way I'm about fed up with their BS.

I really hope it is some kind of bug, and if it's not, we should at least get what was available in closed beta.

Posted

I really hope it is some kind of bug, and if it's not, we should at least get what was available in closed beta.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised either way.  It could be a cash grab in the hopes that people will just cave in and buy an outfit now then buy the one they want later.

Or it could be one of the many, many bugs their 9 hours of maintenance introduced.

Sad thing is I'd actually be less disappointed with the second option at this point.

Posted

Haha, did you just pull a random number out of your head that you thought would sound cool? How the heck did you get 90%? Please, show me that math.

Am I wrong? How many in-game costumes / aesthetically different items can you get? Now compare that to many must be bought in the cash shop.

Posted

THE CASH SHOP IS MEANT TO BE EXPANDED ON. THE ACTUAL CASH SHOP HAS TONS OF COSTUMES AND SUCH, BUT THE POINT IS TO GRADUALLY INTRODUCE THEM TO THE COMMUNITY SO THAT WE DON'T GET TIRED OF THE CONTENT WITHIN 2 WEEKS

STFU WITH THESE POSTS

You're calling cash shop items new content? LMFAO

Posted

Yet another thread ruined by trolls .-.

Btw CS feels lame because Beta CS had actually more things than launch CS, which is sad.

2 more underwears + 1 more costume per class would have at least felt better. Plus, underwears don't match with Karlstein, not even one lol

Posted

That's not what I said - Nice.

Why not go play the game then, since it's obviously perfect there's no reason for you to defend it. See? I can mischaracterize your opinions too!

That's not what you said??

The cash shop is where 90% of the content of the game exists.

Okay then..

Posted

yep now you know why half the community is shit pist. theres ALOT wanting to spend hundreds yet because we don't get access to jack crap theres no reason to waste cash.

Posted

That's not what you said??

Okay then..

In the context of costumes / armor aesthetics...

Posted

The cash shop is where 90% of the content of the game exists. There is no other place in-game to get armor sets honestly....

I mean...there is a costume shop, they're not the most glam but there's alternatives...

Posted

I mean...there is a costume shop, they're not the most glam but there's alternatives...

That's why I said 90%.. It would be nice if costumes were earned in game so you could work towards.. beyond just a few pity cloths thrown into a store.

Posted

Considering the game has legitimately only been released YESTERDAY. I'm fine with it. Same crap happens with all other games, they start out with a small selection and eventually expand it.

Posted

That's why I said 90%.. It would be nice if costumes were earned in game so you could work towards.. beyond just a few pity cloths thrown into a store.

Yeah but I'm fairly certain their intent is to stagger the release of new outfits/costumes so they can keep flow of cash constant rather than spike at launch and then nothing for the next X months.

Posted (edited)

Considering the game has legitimately only been released YESTERDAY. I'm fine with it. Same crap happens with all other games, they start out with a small selection and eventually expand it.

This game is almost two years old. Get real. The Korean version is exactly the same, just has more P2W goodies in the shop.

Yeah but I'm fairly certain their intent is to stagger the release of new outfits/costumes so they can keep flow of cash constant rather than spike at launch and then nothing for the next X months.

If nobody complains - why would they do anything less profitable? (Honest Question)
Telling people who are unhappy to be quiet and stop vocalizing their issues just means people who are unhappy will quit and people who are hoping for improvements later will be relying on a hope that the company gives a crap about you beyond how much money your worth.

Edited by Disappointment

Posted

SInce I was able to buy my Teemo suit with my conq pack pearls, I am a happy camper.  =) 

2016-03-03_10605564.thumb.JPG.3fe873c700

Thank you Daum.

Posted

This game is almost two years old. Get real. The Korean version is exactly the same, just has more P2W goodies in the shop.

KR version came out just over a year ago. End of 2014.

Posted

"ERNUR DAUM IS RELEAZING COSTUMEZ IN INCREMENTS, MUS B SCAM!! MUS B 2 MEK MOAR MONEHZ!!! NO WAI IT COULD B 2 KEEP DA GAME FRESH BY CONSTANTLY HAB'N SOMETING NEW 2 RELEAZ RIGHT? ERNURRRR!!!"

OMG English much? That was almost unreadable. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you Daum.

You're thanking a company who doesn't care about you - for taking your money.  Really? ¬¬

This is why the video game industry treats consumers so badly. IMO.

KR version came out just over a year ago. End of 2014.

Yea Almost 2 years is stretching it - Around a Year and a half. A bit pedantic of a correction though, doesn't invalidate my point IMO.

Edited by Disappointment
1 person likes this

Posted

If nobody complains - why would they do anything less profitable? (Honest Question)
Telling people who are unhappy to be quiet and stop vocalizing their issues just means people who are unhappy will quit and people who are hoping for improvements later will be relying on a hope that the company gives a crap about you beyond how much money your worth.

F*cking moron. The AMERICAN version just got released YESTERDAY.

Posted

I laughed at first when I saw the lack of stuff, then I realised I didn't care because there's no way I'm buying single use costumes at the prices Daum seems to think they're "worth"

2 people like this

Posted

F*cking moron. The AMERICAN version just got released YESTERDAY.

It's the same game minus localization and cash shop changes.

You are obviously having trouble getting your last two brain cells to rub together enough to cause a coherent thought.

The "Game just came out they need time to develop content" argument doesn't hold up when the game already has a backlog of content you haven't even seen yet on the korean version of the game.

Posted

I understand that they're breadcrumbing it....but man, I just want my glasses. That's the only cosmetic thing I wanted to buy.

This :o so much this! I wanted the glasses, but not the round owl ones :(

Posted

I never told people to not complain or voice their opinion. I was just stating that, to me, I can see through common sense / how almost every other MMORPG that came to NA/EU afterwards was released, that all the costumes we've already seen will be staggered.

Posted

You're thanking a company who doesn't care about you - for taking your money.  Really? ¬¬

I'm sorry if I'm not one of your fellow drama queens.

I haven't had any major issues with this company so far, so, yeah.  Thank you Daum for responding within 24 hours to every ticket I put in.  Thank you for acknowledging issues addressed by your community, and attempting to come up with solutions, even though not everyone is happy with them.  Also, thank you for allow people like the gentleman above to come onto your forums and express their opinions and observations, even when it includes statements that slander or berate your company.  Thank you, and this gentleman, though he will not openly state similar, will also show his appreciation by using your assets vs. someone else's assets to express his opinions. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I never told people to not complain or voice their opinion. I was just stating that, to me, I can see through common sense / how almost every other MMORPG that came to NA/EU afterwards was released, that all the costumes we've already seen will be staggered.

Every successful B2P game I see today doesn't completely stunt their item progression cosmetics to push consumers into the cash shop.

Use the cash shop to supplement your game, don't design your MMO from bottom up to force people into it.

Three Tinted Versions of the same armor from level 1 - 50 is totally unacceptable for me and many others.

See:

I'm sorry if I'm not one of your fellow drama queens.

I haven't had any major issues with this company so far, so, yeah.  Thank you Daum for responding within 24 hours to every ticket I put in.  Thank you for acknowledging issues addressed by your community, and attempting to come up with solutions, even though not everyone is happy with them.  Also, thank you for allow people like the gentleman above to come onto your forums and express their opinions and observations, even when it includes statements that slander or berate your company.  Thank you, and this gentleman, though he will not openly state similar, will also show his appreciation by using your assets vs. someone else's assets to express his opinions. 

If you really want to thank them, go buy more stuff from the cash shop. They aren't reading that post in a board room meeting and all nodding and patting each other on the backs.. They are wondering when your gonna buy the next costume.

So please.. if your so happy.. go ahead and vote with your wallet.

Posted (edited)

you consider armor 90% of the content in this game?  Right...lol

Not even close to what I said. The Cash shop contains 90% of the costumes.

Edited by Disappointment