• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Emphatically the worst Game launch I have ever experienced in all my life......

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Playing MMOs for 10 years, took part of many releases. Sir, you are either drunk or clueless.

3 people like this

Posted

LOL.  Obviously didn't play Archeage...

1 person likes this

Posted

well other companys extend their maintainance by 3 days so. can't see the problem really.

Posted

Troll thread?  This launch wasn't the best ever but it was far from the worst.  About in the middle of the pack for major MMOs, IMO.

Posted

You dont have much experience, if this was your worst...

2 people like this

Posted

OP, you need to play more MMO's then. This had a rocky start but not the worst *by far*. You are, emphatically, lacking perspective from enough previous experience.

1 person likes this

Posted

While i disagree about this being the worst mmo launch, I'm a european player and i can't decide whether scheduling maintenance from 9am to 6pm on launch day is an oversight, a lack of consideration or just pants on head stupidity.

The launch has been smooth for me, but if this is going to be the regular maintenance schedule this mmo isn't gonna be for me.. it's not the games fault but Thursday is my only day off and yesterday it got totally wasted.

Posted

Obviously has never had the enjoyment of trions AA update releases. Now thats what you call a mess. Imo bdo launch was a success. Been connected since launch, no issues, no dc,  small ammount of lag but thsts expected for a launch...all in all a perfect launch

1 person likes this

Posted

First MMO launch problems...

Posted

While serverside this launch was probably one of the smoother ones I've seen so far, appart from the lack of patchnotes and maintenance extension with no warning what so ever, the complete lack of communication from the team and huge problems with the pre-order packs are something I have yet to see anywhere else.

While I can accept that they are trying their best to fix all the broken stuff, it's not that hard to post a one or two sentence update that they are aware of the issues and are working once in a while.

Posted

Well this is the best launch I've seen, late by a few hours for bug fixes, but smooth af.

Posted

So after months and months of preparation this is what it comes down to......

CM_Jouska CM_Praballo PM_Belsazar

You guys should all go to the corner and hang your heads in shame and tell the rest of Daum and Pearl Abyss to do the same, This launch has been nothing short of a joke.

So after making yourselves look foolish by announcing first the 12.00 launch then the 14.00 launch then the 15.00 launch then the 16.00 launch and finally getting a few clowns in to roll out the 17.00 launch  all bearing in mind this is a game that 15 hours ago was working perfectly fine when I left it to go to bed for the night. Now all of a sudden you cant talk to npc's nor actually stay connected to the server for more than 3 minutes without losing connection.

I can see by the server load lists that as predicted you have got your servers on the cheap and are going to be massively short on ability to cope with load stress with people queueing to get on each and every channel. In my experience this is just not good enough, you have failed in every aspect of this launch broken every promise to your customer base and delivered nothing but a broken product. Most companies would go out of business treating their customers like this but you guys can take your newly bought Ferrari's down to the beach at St Tropez as you made sure that there is no way any pre order customer can ever get his money back.

I really didn't want to be voicing my displeasure today but I guess it was inevitable after the CBT and headstart launches going the same way and not having enough servers to cope, I should have known I would be here today even tho I avoided it for the first 6 hours after the game failed to launch at due launch time.

When your Ferrari's need petrol please don't hesitate to call me and fleece me out of more money to fill them up again...... 

This must be your first MMO launch... ever.    This is by far one of the smoothest launches I have played.  (i have played since SWG,  so over 10+ years of mmo's and launches)    If you want to talk about the worst launch ever, then you must be speaking of Archeage.

Posted

Been to most MMORPG releases, both AAA games and other shady stuff, this was by far the best. The best, hands down. I had ZERO issues, nothing. 

Download was super fast.

No lag. No bugs.

Got in when servers opened in head start at 8.00.

Had zero issues with pre-order items.

I was really impressed by the release of this game and the general professional display of the staff.

Same here

Posted

You must be around 2 years old then, because that WoD release was nuclear warhead containing rotten eggs

Posted

While i disagree about this being the worst mmo launch, I'm a european player and i can't decide whether scheduling maintenance from 9am to 6pm on launch day is an oversight, a lack of consideration or just pants on head stupidity.

The launch has been smooth for me, but if this is going to be the regular maintenance schedule this mmo isn't gonna be for me.. it's not the games fault but Thursday is my only day off and yesterday it got totally wasted.

probably not smart all in all, but a company following a set schedule regardless is always favorable.

also lol at OP, shame to see what the new generation of gamers are turning out to be ..

bdo has had a flawless launch for me so far, no issues no problems, the game works, instancing is great, mob spawns are also amazing, im starting to think its to good to be true at this point...

Posted

is this a joke ? This was probably one of the best launches I've experienced. Out of curiosity, what other MMORPG's launches have you experienced ? Or are you just another attention seeking brat throwing his toys out the cot ?

Posted

You guys should all go to the corner and hang your heads in shame and tell the rest of Daum and Pearl Abyss to do the same, This launch has been nothing short of a joke.

So after making yourselves look foolish by announcing first the 12.00 launch then the 14.00 launch then the 15.00 launch then the 16.00 launch and finally getting a few clowns in to roll out the 17.00 launch  all bearing in mind this is a game that 15 hours ago was working perfectly fine when I left it to go to bed for the night. Now all of a sudden you cant talk to npc's nor actually stay connected to the server for more than 3 minutes without losing connection.

I can see by the server load lists that as predicted you have got your servers on the cheap and are going to be massively short on ability to cope with load stress with people queueing to get on each and every channel. In my experience this is just not good enough, you have failed in every aspect of this launch broken every promise to your customer base and delivered nothing but a broken product. Most companies would go out of business treating their customers like this but you guys can take your newly bought Ferrari's down to the beach at St Tropez as you made sure that there is no way any pre order customer can ever get his money back.

I really didn't want to be voicing my displeasure today but I guess it was inevitable after the CBT and headstart launches going the same way and not having enough servers to cope, I should have known I would be here today even tho I avoided it for the first 6 hours after the game failed to launch at due launch time.

When your Ferrari's need petrol please don't hesitate to call me and fleece me out of more money to fill them up again...... 

You were my sun, you were my earth
But you didn't know all the ways I loved you, no
So you took a chance
And made other plans
But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down, no

You don't have to say, what you did,
I already know, I found out from him
Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be
And don't it make you sad about it

You told me you loved me
Why did you leave me, all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river
Cry me a river-er, yea yea

I know that they say
That somethings are better left unsaid
It wasn't like you only talked to him and you know it
(Don't act like you don't know it)
All of these things people told me
Keep messing with my head
(Messing with my head)
You should've picked honesty
Then you may not have blown it
(Yea..)

(Don't have to say, what you did)
(I already know, uh)
(No chance, you and me)

You told me you loved me
Why did you leave me, all alone
(All alone)
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
(When you call me on the phone)
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
(I'm not like them baby)
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
(It's your turn)
To cry, cry me a river
(Go on and just)
Cry me a river-er
(Go on and just)
Cry me a river
(Baby go on and just)

Oh
(Oh)
The damage is done
So I guess I be leaving
Oh
(Oh)
The damage is done
So I guess I be leaving
Oh
(Oh)
The damage is done
So I guess I be leaving
Oh
(Oh)
The damage is done
So I guess I be... Leaving

(Don't have to say, what you did)
(I already know, uh)
(No chance, you and me)

Cry me a river
(Go on and just)
Cry me a river-er
(Baby go on and just)
Cry me a river
(You can go on and just)

Cry me a river
(Baby go on and just)
Cry me a river-er
(Go on and just)
Cry me a river
(Cause I've already cried)
(Ain't gonna cry no more, yea-yea)

Cry me a river
Cry me a river, oh
Cry me a river, oh
Cry me a river, oh

Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)

Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river, oh
(Cry me, cry me)
Cry me a river
(Cry me, cry me)

Posted

It was one of the better mmo launches I've experienced ever. Could it be better? Of course, it always could be. But show me one mmo that had smoother launch than this.

Posted

Lol. There speak'eth the MMO launch VIRGIN.

We're not worthy!

1 person likes this

Posted

Playing MMOs for 10 years, took part of many releases. Sir, you are either drunk or clueless.

I think it's probably number two. ;)

Posted

ARCHEAGE 42HOUR QUEUE TOO STRONK!

Posted

I'd consider it among the best. You must have not played many other games. I've played uninterrupted other than the maintenance windows since Feb 28th.

Posted

This launch wasn't great no. But there are FAR worse launches in MMO history. 

Posted

also remember kids, never play on patch day..

Posted

giphy.gif

yes-you-are.gif