• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

World Bosses & General Difficulty

World Bosses and General Difficulty   381 votes

1. 1. Should there be world bosses or should they be summoned?

• World Bosses
    • Summoned Bosses
  2. 2. What sort of difficulty level should the general leveling experience be?

• Stupidly easy like it is now
    • Make it hard from the start
    • Make it challenging but start easy and ramp up the difficulty with a balanced curve
    • Make it hard
    • I want to bleed from my eyeballs when I play this game

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In the beta for BDO (KR) there were world bosses. Upon release of the game the world bosses were removed and replaced with bosses that you had to summon. Daum said this was done because their research showed that most korean gamers are casual and they wanted to appeal to that casual, mobile platform crowd, hence they removed world bosses and made the game stupidly easier.... STUPIDLY EASIER!

HOWEVER!

They have also stated that they want to tailor the game to the west. I believe I am not alone in saying that the world bosses need to come back as well as the more challenging environment alltogether. However, if we don't make noise about it then they won't know... so lets make some noise already.

Use the poll to say what you want.

Edited by Avindr
3 people like this

Posted

IMO there should be world bosses ofc: this will encourage guild wars!

1 person likes this

Posted

I would like to have World Bosses back,as for the difficulty i'd say challenging with a ramping up curve.

Posted

I'd better mention that the second question in the poll is not about time to level up or how difficult it is to level up. It is more about the difficulty of killing monsters in general and surviving. There are so many skills that you can use to help you survive but often they just aren't necessary.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hope they increase difficulty on bosses alot, prefer if they are openworld and tagged by party, would promote more opvp/pk and GvG? 

They could start with doing something about the potion spam..

Posted

I think a blended format would be great, have some world bosses, and some summoned bosses.  The US definitely has a good amount of casual players, but being stupidly easy is boring. Hopefully they will increase the difficulty some. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Black Desert lacks good AI design and PvE endgame, so making the leveling progress rather slow delays boredom and people have more time to attach to their character. I don't care for world bosses in their current state tho. They should hire someone to fix them, so they become more dynamic, even if that means a few have to be instanced, unless someone knows a game with well done open world bosses. I certainly don't, but I've been playing instanced games only.

Posted

Hard boss = less stupid ppl in party... world boss = big guild own spot... summon = low ppl guild can kill boss. Not all player wanna play in super big guild.

1 person likes this

Posted

I want my eyes too bleed!

2 people like this

Posted

In my opinion, I would love World Bosses and Summon bosses to be in the game..

IMO, AA did World Bosses right.. The "big" targets were quite a blast to defeat and equally challenging without real tactics however only big guilds really had the option of beating them and smaller guilds would have to either join in or try and create an alliance of some sort with other smaller guilds! If they were lucky enough to get the chance. :P

That said I'd also like there to be "small" yet still challenging summoned bosses that smaller guilds or even a party of players could manage if they were skilled enough, so none of the mindless attack, attack, dodge that we have at the moment.. xD 

3 people like this

Posted

i would like both world bosses and summon bosses masive scary monsters that make u go WTF OMG >...<
a boss you can have a epic battle with in a huge party and have to fight other guilds to keep it at the same time

Posted

The important thing here is that these bosses should spawn at somewhat random locations and at random times so big guilds won't track them down so easily. Also they should move a lot and pose a real threat. I have seen a video from KR server where world boss was mostly standing in one place shining like a disco ball. The only good thing was that when he finally attacked, he could instantly kill some people. Black Desert is a non-target game, we have to aim at enemies. What's the point of it when world bosses just stand still?

Posted

I'd better mention that the second question in the poll is not about time to level up or how difficult it is to level up. It is more about the difficulty of killing monsters in general and surviving. There are so many skills that you can use to help you survive but often they just aren't necessary.

Honestly, the time it takes to level up to 60 should be drastically shortened, and the difficult of all monsters should be ramped up.

Hope they increase difficulty on bosses alot, prefer if they are openworld and tagged by party, would promote more opvp/pk and GvG? 

They could start with doing something about the potion spam..

Potions are annoying, and they should do something about this. Rebalance classes to manage their hp/resources without potions then nerf potions. Boss difficulty definitely needs to be jacked up. Right now summoned bosses fall right into the "super boring daily" category.

I think a blended format would be great, have some world bosses, and some summoned bosses.  The US definitely has a good amount of casual players, but being stupidly easy is boring. Hopefully they will increase the difficulty some. 

Summoned and open world both existing would be fine, but everything summoned is definitely garbage. Need way more open world.

Black Desert lacks good AI design and PvE endgame, so making the leveling progress rather slow delays boredom and people have more time to attach to their character. I don't care for world bosses in their current state tho. They should hire someone to fix them, so they become more dynamic, even if that means a few have to be instanced, unless someone knows a game with well done open world bosses. I certainly don't, but I've been playing instanced games only.

...what? Taking forever to level up INCREASES boredom SUBSTANTIALLY. Getting to 60 is like... a sojourn. BDO needs to introduce more good AI and PvE, and make the game way less about grinding forever and more about taking on challenging content, PvP and PvE.

Posted

the adding of world bosses is already confirmed, the difficulty of mobs will most likely be the same from the alpha.. but we'll see on the CBT 

Posted

Just saying, the KR servers may only have casual players since the game may be too easy for the hardcore players who wish for a challenge. In my opinion I believe that they should ramp up the difficulty so it would be more exciting for other players and actually make casual players try harder.

Posted (edited)

KR has world bosses O.o

i dont see a reason why people want to make this game a pain for leveling,really.

what FUN means to those people? stay 5hours killing the same mob to get 3 levels?

I agree KR is too easy but making it too hard is stupid, people will quit.

KR is hard after lvl 50,would be almost impossible to get lvl 60 if they ramp up the difficulty for leveling.

Well,my opinion,a balanced game is better than a hard/easy game.

Edited by Hissis
2 people like this

Posted

KR has world bosses O.o

i dont see a reason why people want to make this game a pain for leveling,really.

what FUN means to those people? stay 5hours killing the same mob to get 3 levels?

I agree KR is too easy but making it too hard is stupid, people will quit.

KR is hard after lvl 50,would be almost impossible to get lvl 60 if they ramp up the difficulty for leveling.

Well,my opinion,a balanced game is better than a hard/easy game.

The world bosses are so few and they are simple tank n spank.

There is a difference between making something a pain and making it challenging. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that they make it hard to the point where it becomes annoying, i'm suggesting they balance it out so you can actually get of a few combos before things suddenly melt. The ramp up curve doesn't need to be exponential but it really needs to be a bit steeper at some points, particulrarly getting up to 50.

I mean the summoned bosses while leveling all have the [Group] tag attached... which I found pretty sad since they are so weak. If something says group I should either not be able to solo it, or I should be able to solo it but only with great effort and precision and perhaps a few attempts.

Neway, I think you're actually thinking the same as me, 'balance'. I only put up the harder options on the poll just to give people the choice to voice their opinion.

1 person likes this

Posted

I want to feel fear when I explore, dammit. If Dingbat is riding his mighty steed Horsebeast through the woods there should be something out there to scare the crap out of him. D:<

On the leveling side; god I hate leveling up. It's so tedious and puts a gap between me and my friends. I'm ok with some gear grinding or having to earn my crap, but don't nerf me because my friend can get to 50 and I have to work a lot IRL. When I get home from work I wanna go play with my friends, not grind for 3 months because they have all day to level up and I can't keep up so I have to play alone. ;-;

I don't play MMO's alone! But my friends don't want to tail my Nubby arse all over the map to watch me kill goblins for 3 months worth of weekends before I can go fishing with them!

Posted

I want to feel fear when I explore, dammit.

Black Desert has the potential to be the most immersive game out there. Darker nights would make both PvE and PvP players happy. I don't like PvP but it's a lot better if someone leaps at me from shadows rather than just run towards me and start attacking. This is a non-target game, this system has a huge potential. What's the point of it if monsters are weak as a baby. Every monster with level equal to player's should pose a threat to casual players and same with a group of monsters and veteran players. There should be a lot more world bosses (or zone bosses) and I would love to kill them in a small party. I know they are made for a group of like 30 people but I need a challenge. Now with just a few world bosses in Korea it would be hard to do so because there are a lot of players rushing towards them as soon as they appear (that's why I would like more of a zone bosses). What's more these bosses do nothing. They just stand in place and shine like a disco ball (from players' attacks) sometimes attacking (at least these attacks can actually kill people in just a few shots).

Tl;dr - I want BD to be as difficult as possible without making people leaving because of too high difficulty.

Posted

world bosses who bleed my eyes xD

Posted

i want to eyeball bleed on them world boss's then GANK

Posted

Both would be awesome. World bosses for big guilds, even world bosses for smaller groups of 4-10 that could form up near the spawn. If more than one group fights the world boss, everyone should get xp and silver. Drops go to the team who dealt the most damage or maybe got the kill? DKP? Something else, i dunno?

Then there should also be summon bosses, and there should perhaps be different tiers of summon scrolls? *if there isn't already* Also something cool would be you should be able to chain your summon scrolls together. Something I noticed from the ONLY video I saw of the NA alpha that had a group playing was that "Only the party leader" can use his summon scroll? *pretty sure thats what they said at one point, in passing* It clicked in my mind that a cool feature would be to LINK your summon scrolls together, which would produce a harder version of the boss with better/more loot drops. It would be nice to see this on a % scale so you could have no cap on the amount of people in a linked summon. 1 player=boss 100% HP, 2 player= 175%, 3 player= 310%, 4 player= 440%, 5 player= 600% up and up it goes in some fashion. I think the most important part of the scale would be that the boss would have to become CRAZY hard the more players there were. So if you did have 10 players, it would be like 3000% or something like that. Could even throw in some mobs that spawn at a certain player count, or even get enough players and you get 2 ultra hard bosses or something.

how to achieve the linking, well it could be done a few ways I guess. When the party leader first clicks the scroll to summon, could have a pop up to choose between single or linked. If you choose linked then all others must link in their scrolls withing 5-10 seconds or something then the summon starts. Could even have it that players need to stand in a certain pattern, or be within a certain distance of eachother. Another way it could be achieved is everyone from the group would give their scrolls to one player *so bring back the 1to1 trading :D * and that player can combine them. Could even throw in a feature that is like, if what ever class uses the combined summon scroll there is a higher chance of that class's gear dropping. For groups who play together on a regular basis this would be of benefit if they know one player needs a new item more than the others, they would give him the scroll.

I dunno, just brainstormin peoples! Thoughts?

Also I'll link in that youtube video, its by the peeps from MMOS.COM. It took me a lot of sifting to find it, so maybe not all of you have seen it. Its a great video that features alot of group questing. Definitely highlights the things that are done right, and the things that are done wrong when it comes to group combat.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello!

I personally like the concept of having world bosses in specific places, this will encourage Guild wars as mentioned but this also have a bad side. Old MMO players here will know the term "monopoly". For people who are making a new start here, monopolizing refers to powerful guilds that are able to do stuff some other guilds are not, thus they abuse their dominant position to profit or prevent other players from doing specific PvE content at some point. What I would like to say with that is, try to enjoy the game as much as possible without looking to join the most powerful guild for your own benefits because the monopolization will eventually happen and will create a lot difficulties to smaller guilds and so to new players.

As for the difficulty, I picked the last option cause I love hardcore PvE, however, I'd prefer a limited difficulty depends on the average level of the area.

cheers

Posted

I want it hard. Very hard! Pls let me bleed.

If there is no REAL challenge i will lose interest very fast.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't mind the challenge but would love for it to ramp up in difficulty as you go on. Honestly, would love both world and summoned bosses.