• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

World Bosses & General Difficulty

World Bosses and General Difficulty   381 votes

1. 1. Should there be world bosses or should they be summoned?

• World Bosses
    • Summoned Bosses
  2. 2. What sort of difficulty level should the general leveling experience be?

• Stupidly easy like it is now
    • Make it hard from the start
    • Make it challenging but start easy and ramp up the difficulty with a balanced curve
    • Make it hard
    • I want to bleed from my eyeballs when I play this game

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

66 posts in this topic

Posted

In the beta for BDO (KR) there were world bosses. Upon release of the game the world bosses were removed and replaced with bosses that you had to summon. Daum said this was done because their research showed that most korean gamers are casual and they wanted to appeal to that casual, mobile platform crowd, hence they removed world bosses and made the game stupidly easier.... STUPIDLY EASIER!

HOWEVER!

They have also stated that they want to tailor the game to the west. I believe I am not alone in saying that the world bosses need to come back as well as the more challenging environment alltogether. However, if we don't make noise about it then they won't know... so lets make some noise already.

Use the poll to say what you want.

Don't you consider Zaka and the Desert dragon world bosses? Do you think you could solo them?

Do you think at lvl 50 you could solo the centaurs?

I feel within the context of the Kr game the lvling curve is fine, get to 50 quick, then slow grind the rest of the way.. There still aren't that many lvl 60s in Kr/Jp. The current lvling rate enables people to get to the bulk of the game content which is pvp in a relatively short space of time.

slowing the xp rate and decreasing the pvp lvl will cause issues as there is little balance to the classes below 50

Posted (edited)

This game really Need to get harder.

I was lvl 20 fought 5 red ones with my warrior with closed eyes and pressing keys random. i survived with more then 1/3 Life Points left.

Even Risk your Life was way harder.

Edited by Kyle Ragnador

Posted

I'd like to see it slow and difficult. In the final levels I would like to see 1/2/3 months of regular play to gain levels. End game should still be playable but it'd be nice if there was still progression even if it is over a vast space of time.

1 person likes this

Posted

My only issue with world bosses is the monopolization that guilds could and have had in past mmo's. This can create an annoying feature of the game. On the other hand, this free world with so much to offer would be hindered by Summoned bosses by taking away some of the social interaction via instanced type fights.

Posted

In the beta for BDO (KR) there were world bosses. Upon release of the game the world bosses were removed and replaced with bosses that you had to summon. Daum said this was done because their research showed that most korean gamers are casual and they wanted to appeal to that casual, mobile platform crowd, hence they removed world bosses and made the game stupidly easier.... STUPIDLY EASIER!

HOWEVER!

They have also stated that they want to tailor the game to the west. I believe I am not alone in saying that the world bosses need to come back as well as the more challenging environment alltogether. However, if we don't make noise about it then they won't know... so lets make some noise already.

Use the poll to say what you want.

To start of with, I really hope that Daum realizes that the western market is very different from the Eastern market.There are many different tastes and styles of game play that is preferred in the western market so I hope they would adapt accordingly.

I honestly think there needs to be different classes for monsters and bosses in which would help identify which creatures are more stronger in power and strength because now days many MMO's just compile them together.

World bosses, in my own mind ,are beings so powerful that they have effected the future of the lore world and require multiple guilds to combat in order to defeat. Many world bosses now days in MMO's are only meant to serve as quest monsters which completely defeats the purpose of the term "World boss". These are creatures so powerful that they have changed the fate of the world the lore sets in but yet they can be defeated with a group of under a hundred people?

World bosses in my own mind are monsters that require "dozens" of groups of people in order to defeat and should offer the highest reward for killing them.

On the note of making boss creatures certain classes what I mean is that any monster that is classed as "Mythical" or "god-like" should be above the max level cap, in fact it should be higher. It makes no sense that a monster classified as "God-like" is on the same skill level as a group of players. Most boss monsters, in my mind, should be simply classed as "Epic"; or even "Legendary" if they are strong enough.

Posted

Having world bosses that are summonable imo stops the *bad* kind of PvP (i.e. griefing/ganking). They could still be in the open world, and limited to a certain area (ideally not too small an area that people would know exactly where to camp).

I think having some sort of pre-quest or summoning ritual associated that requires group play or planning a strategy in advance would really make these encounters more interesting and rewarding.

In terms of group numbers, some of the other threads suggested areas which could have more 'elite' mobs, and maybe some mini-bosses. It would be cool to have areas that were more tailored towards ~5-player groups, but also (staying on topic) world bosses where you need to gather an entire guild or ~20-40 people to stand a chance are pretty fun. It needs to be balanced between the hardcore and casual player bases though.

Posted

Best of both world to be honest, and a steady difficulty increase as you go. 

1 person likes this

Posted

IMO, the world bosses that are on KR are wonderful and are at a decent difficulty level. However, I would LOVE to see more world bosses!

Posted

My only issue with world bosses is the monopolization that guilds could and have had in past mmo's. This can create an annoying feature of the game. On the other hand, this free world with so much to offer would be hindered by Summoned bosses by taking away some of the social interaction via instanced type fights.

that is one thing that create elitist communities where only the "god llike" are capable of killing the bosses and everyone else either has to pay, learn how to kill the world boss or become casuals. Having it summoned kills the reason for open world

Posted (edited)

I would really like BDO to be harder with a more dynamic and diverse AI. The difficulty may be increased for sure. I've seen alot of videos when people get attacked(it rarely happens because most of the AI is too slow to do so, they only lose 5% hp! Are you serious?). A world boss should not be defeated the first time a group of players attemps to kill it. Imo it should take time, a few tries and some strategic planning to make the first kill in the server happen. 

Discussing about this topic is relevant, but I think that making our point to Daum Europe/NA is more so important. How are we going to achieve that this message is send to Daum with an impact? How can this message be strong enough so that they will actually change for the good? Perhaps we can also make a topic on that and go on from there. Just my thoughts. 

^Jeasy

Edited by Jeasy

Posted

I often wonder if the people who go to Korean developed MMO forums and say "Game too grindy!" also go the forums for games like Madden '15 and say "needs race cars!".

Posted

I often wonder if the people who go to Korean developed MMO forums and say "Game too grindy!" also go the forums for games like Madden '15 and say "needs race cars!".

Are you implying company's from other country's can't adapt to the preferences of other country's when they are releasing a title in that said different country?  Last I checked that's one of the most important, and extremely long, aspects of localization. People have different needs and wants all over the world, that doesn't change for people who play MMO's

Like I've said before world bosses need to be brought back to life in a way that makes them very important and valuable. They need to be a very big element, in my own mind, considering PVE isn't that big of a focus for this title.

They need to be able to bring together the groups of people that PVP forces against each other. I honestly think it would be a great aspect to focus on considering PVP will be a major factor that forces people to dislike each other.

For instance a very hard legendary boss that attacks certain towns and requires people, hundreds, to come together and kill it.

Posted

On bosses: pve should be a mix of summoned with a random mega spawn boss.

Pve: general solo mobs should be hard but soloable if played well. Death should be likely if you pull 2 mobs your level.  This pushes you to interact with your guild/players.  What we saw in Korea was a botters paradise.

Pve/pvp: we don't need an elaborate dungeoun.  Easiest creation is a tunnel with a boss mob in the center and 2 entrances on either end.  3 mini  bosses along the path.  Goal is to clear all mobs to center and kill boss.  The pvp component is a faction starts on either side  goal is first to clear.  Once all mobs on a side are cleared enemy respwn timer goes up 2 min.  Loot is random across all mobs with highest percent chance of a great drop on main slight increase on minis. If you are active throught run you get a lucky roll with a small chance of a great drop win or loose.  If you drop from group 2hr lockout. Goal is 30 to 45 min per run.  If any member enters main chamber all mobs left alive rage and aggro only your faction.  This prevents a sprint to the center.   This basic plan can be scaled for levels and bling.  Oh and on final boss the more damage your faction does to boss the higher your lucky roll at end.  So bonuses are for fastest side clearing/most pvp kills/most damage to main boss for loot drops and lucky rolls.  At completion each side spawns in a chamber one of victory and one of shame.  There is a chest in the center where you open for your end loot.

Pvp daily create mini fort battles around castles.  If a guild holds castle and all 4 forts 100% effect goes to them.  If they own only castle which is on a biweekly timer then they only get 60%.  Owning a fort nets your guild 10% per fort.  Forts can be taken every 3 hours on a rolling fort clock.  So twice a day per castle.  Each castle has a offset so there is always a battle going on for something.

Posted

"Lastly, the developers have shared that they are and will keep working on adding the current “Scroll Bosses” (Boss monsters who you can summon with scrolls) step by step into open world bosses. This is a process that requires time, so we can’t specify which bosses will be added and during which phase"

Straight from the PM diary and I think this is a great direction considering the pros and cons of summoned bosses are far to leaning on the con side.

There is no reason for there to be scrolls which people can jack to extremely high prices to sell for profit or even better we will have larger guilds hording them and simply farming the bosses for however long they want.

Even if the scrolls were non tradeable it wouldn't stop personalized farming from larger guilds.

Posted

World Bosses and randomized World Boss Encounters. Preferably World Bosses that are known to be located within an area, and other World Boss Events that happen randomly (For example: Outside the beginner city or a World Boss terrorizing a random town). Difficulty definitely needs to be Increased, especially to encourage Partying Up with other players to make questing and killing mobs less threatening opposed to Soloing (Which right now Soloing is not all that difficult). 

Posted

It certainly shouldn't be the steamroll it currently is, but at the same time we don't need it to be PAIN DEATH EPEEN SIM either. Just make it so we can't fall asleep at the keyboard and still kill everything.

Posted

Here's my suggestion: World bosses for the open world competition, then instead, or additionally to summoned bosses add rifts, a bit like those in Diablo 3. Random maps you need to run though for certain rewards. These are especially hard. They're meant to be the endgame content. Raids, groups, etc. PvP instances that might remind you of MOBA game, etc.
If you use randomized elements with a portal system, you're really free to do whatever you want without breaking the rest of the game, so long as you balance the economy. Maybe make practice ones that give only token rewards, but players can open these at no cost, while the real ones cost a lot and give you a lot. Basically rather than gaining resources, you trade ones you don't need as much for ones that you really, really want.

I said rifts are endgame content, but we do need more challenge for the first 40 or so levels as well. Games that aren't genuinely challenging just end up being a grind.

Posted

I didn't play the game yet .....but from what I saw on ytube every one said that AI is a joke......and is more hard to die than stay alive.

I think world bosses needs some mechanics .....take for example GW2 and their meta event ......that's a real challenge ......not just pew pew for 15 minutes without taking a single hit.

Posted

I haven't played yet but have always loved world bosses in games, whether its fighting against other people to kill it or just getting a group together in the open world killing that big ass mob is just amazing! World bosses plslspslslss

Posted

If they have the code for both I say do both. Why take away content that's already done just because some players aren't interested in doing it? The more variety in content the better imo.

Posted

Only 29% on I want to bleed from my eyeballs??
You guys are such a puszies!

PLEASE! GIVE ABSOLUTE VIRTUE OF FF XI BACK!

Posted

I picked Summoned bosses but I don't see why including both couldn't be an option. Possibly even having difficult methods of summoning some world bosses(by difficult I do mean difficult).

Leveling all of a sudden ramping up at 50 is...just strange. It would also probably feel less rewarding overall after 50. If it ramped up slowly but still took a decent amount of time it would more consistent instead of feeling like you hit a wall all of a sudden.

Having some places that are better for solo leveling and some places better for party leveling would be a good option. Party leveling should pretty much always be better than solo.

Posted

Only 29% on I want to bleed from my eyeballs??
You guys are such a puszies!

PLEASE! GIVE ABSOLUTE VIRTUE OF FF XI BACK!

I don't understand what difficulty has to do with eye injury, so I voted for making it hard instead.

Posted

I don't understand what difficulty has to do with eye injury, so I voted for making it hard instead.

Guilds tried to raid that boss and one top guild was about 18H playing on the same boss. And only manage to got him at 50% which then it healed full hp.

They got sickness, throwing up, dizzy for a week, sick, eye pain, fatigue,,,

Posted

As a lvl 2 I explored pretty much the entire world on foot, running through several high lvl combat zones. Not once did I have to fear for my life and that is a problem. The mobs are slow and quite frankly boring. Most of the mobs I ran through should have one shot me, they really need to ramp up the difficulty if people are gonna stay interested in this game.