• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

World Bosses & General Difficulty

World Bosses and General Difficulty   381 votes

1. 1. Should there be world bosses or should they be summoned?

• World Bosses
    • Summoned Bosses
  2. 2. What sort of difficulty level should the general leveling experience be?

• Stupidly easy like it is now
    • Make it hard from the start
    • Make it challenging but start easy and ramp up the difficulty with a balanced curve
    • Make it hard
    • I want to bleed from my eyeballs when I play this game

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

66 posts in this topic

Posted

I REALLY hope they make more pve for this game, ALOT of people love pve and want both options, both PVP content and PVE.

And alot of people in the wast really LOVE pve content

Posted

In my opinion. This game good in every way but its also have this one trouble that linage or archeage have. The world boss lag. There are only one boss and everyone trying attack one monster in small place. Ofcourse its going to get laggy. They should have seen it and make killing world boss take up a lot of space since its a open world anyway. Have minion around the boss. minion that are strong enough to be able to challenge group of players to fight. So that way the people who went to fight the world boss have to spread around to fight these minion. and once a group of a minion die it decrease some of the boss hp or whatever so going in and hitting the boss isn't the only way to kill it. spread players around. Also make it so that player can interact with each other and plan the way of attack.

Posted

if they make the diffculty harder then remove item drops its pretty bad that you can get stuck in objects and bam death and lose 300k in crystals. one issue i have is. gear/crystals shouldent=destroy  on pve death i can understand it for say a karma death but on mobs?

next thing thing we'll is a pay to win which i hope not but that might be the case...by p2w i mean items that stop your shit from destroying kinda like rappelz or sun used to be but wasen't needed for pve but pvp it meant gear could drop so you had to spend 50.00 just stop it temp.

so they need to either 

A: PVE server with this crap turned off

B: remove it entirely.

Posted

if they make the diffculty harder then remove item drops its pretty bad that you can get stuck in objects and bam death and lose 300k in crystals. one issue i have is. gear/crystals shouldent=destroy  on pve death i can understand it for say a karma death but on mobs?

next thing thing we'll is a pay to win which i hope not but that might be the case...by p2w i mean items that stop your shit from destroying kinda like rappelz or sun used to be but wasen't needed for pve but pvp it meant gear could drop so you had to spend 50.00 just stop it temp.

so they need to either 

A: PVE server with this crap turned off

B: remove it entirely.

cause i deff do not wanna see another Pay to win type cash shop just to even fucking enjoy the game.

Posted

Hi all! First thank you for that wonderfull Game! And now please dont so Bosses like this.

I know not evry player thinks the same, but realy what i saw today for an open world boss fight was absolutely not interesting for me.

I died evry time i came to near to the  boss, and i absolutly have no idea what killed me. In the Mega Skill blink light Show of fightning i hardly could see the boss and what he was doing. I tried all possible Graphic options if maybe on low i an see more but no.

I had to look evry time where the name of the Boss was displaying. And luckily i was a Sorceress so i could make Range damage all the time (was not enough to get anything from the loot) + when i only did range Damage i was safe from the Bosses.

1) Dont stand before the Boss, only if you are a Tank (this Bosses need no Tank, thats good or not think what YOU want)

2) Dont stand in Shit on the Ground (it was not realy possible to see whats on the Ground between 200 Players)

3) You strongest Skills hold on cooldown (this Game hast no cooldown or not realy that it will meashure because 1 Skill with the strongest Damage and Mana Pots let you win or loose loot)

4) If the Bosses are there or not has absolutly no effect on the World etc... We are living in 2015 and when i see Guildwars 2 then yeah you should think of implementing anything like that.

5) If it is a Worldboss evry player that realy participate on that Boss should at least get anything... It is not funny if only an Handfull of players that made enough Damage gets Loot.

Posted

pls never again world boss whit 100+ players, lag like hell, i cant even see the boss movements etc

give us some boss we can summon and do only once/day whit 10 ppl party or so

spam random world boss ok, 

Posted

Yes, please increase the general difficulty! In the current state of the game it's next to impossible to die it seems. Mobs move so slowly that you can always avoid attacks even without paying much attention. Combat quickly gets dull when there is no challenge at all.

I wouldn't mind world bosses either. Maybe a combination of world bosses and summoned ones.

Posted

i agree and uh more pre generated character creation hair facial hair & faces

Posted (edited)

I agree with the majority of the voice in this discussion, I just wanted to reiterate so we had a moar powerful voice to be heard by the people in charge! I want a challenge, but I would be more willing to have my eyes bleed than be able to bot my way through some face rolling hours. The best solution I've seen is have all of the options of world bosses! Instanced bosses for like end-game PVE, Summoned Bosses for small guilds and parties/raids. and WB's for massive guilds and/or teams of smaller guilds working together scattered around the world. Otherwise, I love the suggestions! Keep it up, friends, and I'll see you soon in-game!

P.S. I think SWTOR hit world bosses pretty well by splitting up spawns within servers different realms. I'm not sure how this game runs because of lack of research, but if that is possible I think it might perform well.

Edited by Lyonking

Posted

IMO I'd rather them make lvling easy and killing extremely difficult then having to grind for lvls killing easy monsters. Lets be honest, grinding is boring. Make the game challenging! Nothing worth having is easy.

Posted

Both!

Advantages are already listed above.

Posted (edited)

i read in a post on forum, and they said that devs can't change AI and add mechanics on mobs-bosses straight on EU/NA version. they have to change these in Korean version fisrt, and then add the changes in other regions. since Koreans don't want challenging pve, AI will not be increased, and mechanics will not be added. they can only chance basic stats, and that doesn't help at all, cause you can CC mobs to death, and you have dodge button. unless you're braindead and don't use it

Edited by Raijin83

Posted

Both kind of bosses.
Quest = summon
Loot = World

Posted

Try to kill Harpy Boss and then come talk again.

Posted

Anything with more than 5 players on one entity causes the encounter to lose its skill basis and becomes more about dps vs hp.

So with world bosses, there should always be enough elite mobs spawning to force the direction apart from one large stacked up zerg. For every 2 players beyond 5 attacking a world boss, spawn an elite minion. The elite minions should pose enough of a threat that players will have to fight them.

Posted

Additionally world boss behavior and ability coding can be used not only to react to player actions, but also to shape the battle space. Currently the problem lies in fifty players all stacked up on a single monster. The world boss abilities can be adjusted to change the player attack style. 

Grant the monster continuous damage over time to any PC that stands directly under or inside of the monster. Then break this up with an occasional knockdown to simulate players being trampled. Increase the damage and decrease knockdown interval to players in physical contact with the tail.

Grant the monster an me lee range AoE attack that increases damage depending on number of players within radius of the AoE. 

This will cause players to split up and move around the boss in small teams instead of a mass Zerg. 

Identify thenfour cardinal facing directions of the monster and give it a directional Ray scanning behavior. If any of the four facing directions has more than X players within a certain range, have the monster gave that direction and initiate a massive cone type attack.

Then have the monster do a scan for lowest HP/Armor class scan and target those players with single target strikes.

This along with side spawning mins should keep any boss fight very mobile and challenging.