• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cooking Calculator

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Fellow cooks and aspiring cooks:

In honor of Launch Day, I thought I would share the Cooking Calculator Tool I made on Google Sheets between CBT2 and head-start.  You can check it out here--

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15JDdj_iopJ9ijxtYxhiAMAbdhYWQfj114gEWnALLtrg/edit?usp=sharing

How to Use the Tool:

1. Select the Type of Food from the drop-down list.  I've organized the different things you can make by the type effect granted (worker recovery, DPS, carebearing, etc.)
  2. Select the Dish you want to cook from the next drop-down.
  3. Select the amount of Batches of said dish you would like to make from the next drop-down.
  4. All necessary ingredients will be displayed as well as the quantity required for one cook (the amount of each ingredient to put into your cooking utensil) and for all batches (the amount that you need in your inventory to complete all batches). 

Notes:

• This is still very much a work in progress.
  • For the newest of new players, there is a quick walk-through of basic cooking in the "Tips & Notes" tab.
  • All information contained in the "Recipes" tab is taken from the BDfoundry page on cooking.  In going through the page, I've learned that some of that information may be outdated or mistranslated.  Any recipe with an X next to it, I have confirmed in game.
  • On the "Recipes" tab, the ingredients are color-coded.  Green = gatherable.  Blue = bought from vendor.  Pink = Basic process/cook.  Red = Complex cook.
  • At the time of this post, nearly all the figures in the "AH/Production Costs" tab are incorrect.

Good luck!  And remember: there can never be Too Many Cooks.

Lokien,

Unofficial Spreadsheet Enthusiast of <Rage>

Edited by Lokien
31 people like this

Posted

Thank you!!!

Posted

What the hell is "carebearing stuff?"

Posted

What the hell is "carebearing stuff?"

It is actually carebearing buffs.  This group of foods increases the quality of your carebearing (i.e., cooking, processing, fishing, etc.).  There is a box on there that tells you the effect of the dish selected.  Alternatively, you can go to the "Recipes" tab and scroll down to see what the all do in one quick matrix.

Posted

Steamed Fish recipe is wrong.  I tried 2 dried Mudskipper, 2 garlic, 2 salt, and 3 mineral water and it told me combination did not work.

Posted

Steamed Fish recipe is wrong.  I tried 2 dried Mudskipper, 2 garlic, 2 salt, and 3 mineral water and it told me combination did not work.

I have not confirmed that particular recipe yet in game.  The BDFoundry site says it requires dried fish, however, the BDDatabase says it requires 2 fish.  So it might just require fish.  I have a feeling there will be a bunch of these problems with the fish/seafood because of translation issues.

I will check it out later on tonight after the surge has died down and I have caught some fish.

Thanks for the note!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

To be honest, it might be because of my cooking level.  I am Apprentice lvl2

Also, the in game quest says 1 fish.  So maybe that is my problem.

Edited by Rysil

Posted

If I remember correctly from CBT2, there are different error messages for having the wrong ingredients and not having a high enough proficiency.

Either way, I'll check it out tonight and let you know.

I appreciate all the help in making it a more useful tool.  :)

Posted

Any tips on which items I should focus my cooking on?  This game has so much to do, I can't master every craft like I would like to.

Posted

Any tips on which items I should focus my cooking on?  This game has so much to do, I can't master every craft like I would like to.

To start, I would focus on worker recovery food like beer.  After you get your infrastructure in place and have workers working, you're going to need to keep them well fed in order to keep them working.  So they will be beneficial to you, and will also sell quickly on the auction house. 

Aside from that, pretty much any buff food will be good for you and to sell at this stage in the game because eating buff food is what helps you level your Health (much like running increases your stamina).

Best of luck!

Also, the in game quest says 1 fish.  So maybe that is my problem.

So I tested it out and both the recipe with 2 dried fish (I used Sandfish) and 1 fish (I used mackerel) work. 

My current proficiency is Apprentice Lvl 6.

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the response!  Mackerel is a green fish, while the Mudskipper isn't.   So I wonder if that is the problem.   I've found that most of the quests related to fish actually state the wrong fish in the text.

Posted

Thanks for the response!  Mackerel is a green fish, while the Mudskipper isn't.   So I wonder if that is the problem.   I've found that most of the quests related to fish actually state the wrong fish in the text.

That's an interesting thought.  I will try again next time I catch a grey fish. 

Also, in going through some other recipes, I've noticed that wherever a recipe calls for 2 dried fish, 1 fresh fish will also suffice.

Posted

Question-

I have stacks of "Taken Out Food" "Dish with Strange Ingredients" etc.
In theory they can be exchanged for cooking experience, money, ingredients, etc. 

I can't figure out how to do this. I have been to the locations and talked to lots of vendors, done lots of cooking quests but never get any kind of exchange option.

I am currently Cooking Apprentice 4 at 58%.

Do I need a higher skill level?
Do I need to gain Amity with the quest givers? (I honestly find the conversation game tedious.)
Or have I just not found the right person to give them to? 

Posted

Question-

I have stacks of "Taken Out Food" "Dish with Strange Ingredients" etc.
In theory they can be exchanged for cooking experience, money, ingredients, etc. 

I can't figure out how to do this. I have been to the locations and talked to lots of vendors, done lots of cooking quests but never get any kind of exchange option.

I am currently Cooking Apprentice 4 at 58%.

Do I need a higher skill level?
Do I need to gain Amity with the quest givers? (I honestly find the conversation game tedious.)
Or have I just not found the right person to give them to? 

If you right click the item in your inventory, 2 buttons pop up.  Click the top one labeled "NPC Location" and you'll get an auto path to who you need to deliver them to.  They are mostly random villagers so you will be hard-pressed to find them otherwise.

1 person likes this

Posted

What Lokien said. The various villagers that accept the food leftovers are not indicated in any way on the map or in the world. You just have to go to the guy with the spotlight from the rt-click on the leftover food.

Posted

Awesome idea, thing is. I can't seem to click anything at all. :(

Posted

Awesome idea, thing is. I can't seem to click anything at all. :(

Some people had the same problem.  Make sure you're signed into google/gmail and it should work.

Posted

missing from that list Good Feed (restore 40 saitiety on pets) 1 fresh fish, 4 Flour (potato, wheat etc), 6 meat,  3 mineral water (minimum rank somewhere between beginner 5 - apprentice 6)

Posted

Thank you so much!!!

I wasn't in the right area when I did the "click for the NPC" so I couldn't see the great beam of light guiding me.
I can start trading in all these stacks so they don't smell up my warehouse. I love talking to all of the villagers, and that the cooking quests come from all over, not just the same cooking trainers.

Posted

Well i'm logged in on my google account...

It looks like this to me and i don't see any " log in " thingie. I can't click and such

ZHbU3Sg.jpg

Posted

This a great tool. Can't give you enough likes for it.

Made a copy for my folder so i can use it, but there is something.

I can't seem to be a drop down on the dishes for me. Just the type.

What im doing is just typing the name of the dish and it works.

Kudos!

Posted

All I have in my head is 5-6-2-1. It's how I remember what I need for Beer lol. 5 Potatoes, 6 Mineral Water, 2  Leavining Agents and 1 Sugar. I can't remember any other receipes :P be great to use the tool.

Posted (edited)

• Beer : Provides ample EXP at all levels of cooking with easy to gather mats. Also provides your workers with the vigor to keep slaving for you. Making these in mass provides you with plenty of cooking-turn-in tokens that can be traded in for more beer, milk, exp, and contribution EXP.
  • Milk Tea : Easy to sell on the auction house to all the people who are leveling right now, and will provide you with a steady supply of exp boosts for when you decide to level too. Stacks with combat exp scrolls
  • Sute Tea: Provides life exp buff of 8% for 90 minutes. Make one of these, then go on a cooking spree for the next 90 minutes. Also stacks with scrolls.

THEN you can take the time once you're ready to do all the cooking quests the NPCs beg of you. Oatmeal, Omlettes, Beer, Cookies. What have you! Those will give you more life exp and some knowledge.

Edited by nini
2 people like this

Posted

I tried to cook Meat Croquette but it said I was not the right level to make it and I'm Apprentice lvl 4 , I also found a video that stated it was 8 Meat not 6 on your chart

Posted

I'd like to comment that Milk Tea isn't tradeable between players [sob... my poor guildmates QQ"]

._.

.____.

.____________________.