• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Allow Costume Mixing with set bonus

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Currently you cannot mix and match pieces from two outfits and still receive the 4-piece XP gain set bonus.

Since Daum has decided to stagger the release of the costumes and there are very few options available per class at this time, allowing this mixing would provide players with more appearance options without sacrificing the set bonus (or negatively impacting profits- players are still paying for all the costume pieces).

34 people like this

Posted

+1. This is absolutely necessary. The entire point of costumes is to diversify your appearance. The reason that they have made it so you can buy gloves from one costume and the helm from another is so that you can look fairly unique. There is absolutely no reason that, having paid the same amount of money (among other reasons), my mis-matched armor set shouldn't give me a set bonus like someone else's full Karlstein does. 

6 people like this

Posted

Allow each item to give 2.5% bonus experience and the Pre-Order chest item that locks out the others to gives the equivalent 7.5% because it is already using 3 slots. I would prefer the Pre-Order costume was also separated

This will allow players to have a reason to buy more than one costume, because as it stands... using more then 1 costume costs a loss of 10% experience!!

2 people like this

Posted

yes ^^ this is quite lame 

Posted

Bump. This thread needs more attention.

2 people like this

Posted

Bump. This thread needs more attention.

Sadly, I'm not sure if the CM's even read this forum; our EU/NA version of the game lags quite far behind the eastern counterparts, and this forum may purely exist to 'filter' out some of the noise from the general forums.

This would be an important feature for many, if you want to support this change it might be a good idea to support or create posts concerning it in the General or Bug Report forums (perhaps the fact that the set bonuses don't activate when mixing sets is merely a bug? ;) )

Posted

Agreed 100%... Would like to put a helmet on a different costume. 

Posted

Just want to add my vote to this, because i agree.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to bump this since it makes sense.

People want to customize their characters; especially since the game itself starts out by letting you have so much freedom to create your virtual character. Like someone else already said, you're allowed to buy just pieces of the individual sets so you can customize and differentiate your character yet you then get penalized for doing so by not getting the set exp bonus. Just make it so you have to have a certain number of pearl shop costume pieces to get the bonus instead of having to have the set.

@CM_Jouska @CM_Oli

Edited by Nepharite
1 person likes this

Posted

100% needed

1 person likes this

Posted

AGREED BUMP FOR ME

Posted

agreed

Posted

Would be good to be able to mix items.  I'd end up spending more this way, but I'd get a look I like.

1 person likes this

Posted

bump for great justice

1 person likes this

Posted

totally agree!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Please I need proper costume mixing. I made a thread about this before . .  We need a poll or something. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Would be good to be able to mix items.  I'd end up spending more this way, but I'd get a look I like.

Please I need proper costume mixing. I made a thread about this before . .  We need a poll or something. 

We talked about this since beta, what happened with it?  Now that we're slowly getting more costumes, mixing them is becoming more of a thing but losing the 10% combat xp set bonus for it is lame.

As far as i've picked up from older threads and talking to people, in KR as long as you have full costume parts (regardless of which) you still get the combat xp. Does anyone know when was that added in korea as well? ( with which patch) maybe we get it at the same time  . . .

I need this!

Shouldnt be big of a problem to add this. I love mix/matching.

• Be precise and constructive.
    As long as a character has 3 or more Outfit parts equipped [chest armor, hat, footwear and/or gloves] then the character would be a benefitter or the +10% Combat EXP Gain buff. In the case where a player has equipped a chest armor from a set that would normally require 4 pieces [chest piece does not include a +10% Amity Gain bonus and is instead found on a pair of gloves (example: Dreaming Stars Outfit)] and yet does not have a gloves cosmetic [Outfit piece] equipped, the player would still benefit from the +10% Combat EXP Gain buff.

• Take the time to explain your reasoning behind a feeling or a suggestion.
    This will increase the variety of appearances allowed to the players and further add to the personalization of their characters alongside the effects of dyes. I also would feel safe to assume that it would increase the rate of sales for class outfits, especially on individual pieces.

Personally, I intend on purchasing the Dreaming Stars Robe and probably the Dreaming Stars Gloves as well to replace the Lahr Arcien Robe R that I am currently wearing. The Lahr Arcien Shoes R, Hat R and Weapons look great with the Dreaming Stars Robe and Gloves [in my opinion] and I would really love to use them all together while still getting the +10% Combat Exp Gain. Knowing for sure that this is possible would strongly encourage me to purchase the Dreaming Star Robe and Gloves as well as many dyes.

• Check if the suggestion you have in mind has already been shared. If it's the case, you can reply to it.
    It certainly seems like I'm not the only one thinking this is a great idea! 
    xD

• Ask other players or friends you know what they think of your post before you click the "Submit" button.
    Everyone I've asked approves on the post and strongly support the idea. :)

• Be realistic. To add content requires a long time, but don't feel discouraged if it takes time to see changes.
    I understand and have no doubt that most reasonable people understand this as well. The idea of any process to take place within a big project should take time in order for it to be done properly and not cause any issues with the game. Based on what I have seen here so far, that is very well perceived by the community. What I have also noted, however, is that this idea isn't a new one and has been something quite a number of players would love to see implemented.
Edited by Rashnaja
Added a quote by nevermind
4 people like this

Posted

agreed

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Bump

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes and cheaper prices for outfits and costumes too.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 Complete support.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I totaly agree with this suggestion, i would love to mixing costumes and still get the set bonus, i totaly support it.

Edited by loala

Posted

yes yes yes yes  please please please - mix costumes!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

This topic deserve more attention, we need to be more active.

Up