• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game Crash

89 posts in this topic

Posted

...have DC'd a dozen times in the last hour. Typical for me lately, but Did get to log in successfully this morn, AFK horse trained for 9 hrs today whilst I was at work (lvl 20 t5 now, woot!) so perhaps my issue is exaggerated by peak time? I also have Clink and will use WinMTR and see what my packet loss is like. As well I may have an old modem, as it's been a while since I started service... Thanks for bringing up your findings, and good luck all,

Dyng & Yost

I would be curious to hear what issue you're having, and if you are having packet loss which IP(s) is causing you grief.

Posted

I just downloaded the WinMTR application and Win10 says it won't work with my OS... weird. This was DL directly from the WinMTR webpage.. Any suggestions? I also tried running it in comp. mode but no joy...

Posted

are you running in admin mode?  I ask because I also have Windows 10 and it didn't give me any grief. 

I can say though that since I spent a very long time on hold and got to "L2" support with CL I haven't (Crosses fingers) had any additional crashing issues. My horse ran ALL night.  *does happy victory dance*. Now I just hope it stays that way, but if this starts happening again I will def check that again first

Posted

You should make a thread for that. My crashing happens anywhere. I am trying a clean install. 

i tried a clean install and no dice, is this still happening to people? im using windows 10 and have a gtx 960 w/ amd 8 core series processor. this started happening to me about a week ago and has been getting progressively worse, it started with me not being able to connect to a certain character now if it even opens after launch it freezes up and closes itself. anyone have a solution?
the following is one of the event viewer errors showing up with it now

Provider
   [ Name]Application Hang

-EventID1002
   [ Qualifiers]0

Level2

Task101

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]2016-07-16T20:53:26.740059300Z

EventRecordID8789

ChannelApplication

ComputerDESKTOP-48USFUU

Security
-EventData
   BlackDesert64.exe
   01d1df9fe7cb0b94
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64\BlackDesert64.exe
   5658c95a-4b97-11e6-9c44-305a3a487b26

55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Posted

I just did a clean install, was freezing right before it'd get into town.. said it was an error and to press the "repair" button on the launcher.. Turns out there is no repair button... Looked up the files to delete, deleted cache file, and now whenever I'm doing anything it just shuts off. No error message, nothing. Just shuts off. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Same for me, The game has been freezing since valencia, total freeze meaning ive got to hard reset my computer. contacted tech support and followed their instructions. It appears i have no errors in my logs, and a good internet connection. Case Closed?!! ummmmmm no way, i'm still having freezing problems. I am really dissapointed about the help offered, F2p game i could understand the cut n paste response and case closed. BUT this is not a F2p game.

I have also deleted the cache files, still froze - but seemed to be in game for longer before it did.

The freezing happens in full screen, windowed f/s, and windowed mode.

One thing i have noticed is that when it freezes my hard drive is constantly whirring.

Having to do hard resets loads of times because of this game may be damaging my components? am i entitled to compensation if this happens?

done clean installs on different drives , updated all drivers ( am now in the process of going back through the drivers to see if one can work 100%).

Somebody has told me that BDO has a registry error that cause fatal damage to a hdd - i am trying to contact this person to validate the claims - but if anyone here is tech savvy and can confirm this?

So my rating for tech support (at this time ) is 1/10 for a copy n paste / case closed reply. I think you can train hamsters to do better than this.

Posted (edited)

For repairing there isn't any option for repairing int he launcher as far as I can tell, but here are the instructions:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207749345-Repair-Game-Files

That or just try uninstalling, deleting all the game folders. (including the ones in yoru documents folder). But I'd try the above link instructions first.  Prevents having to set up all your UI stuff again.

Once you've done that file a ticket to a GM and include your log files and let them help you figure it out is my best suggestion. (Log files are in the install section)

In my case they helped me learn that I needed to be mad at my ISP not the game

Edited by Tsuninight
forgot info

Posted

For repairing there isn't any option for repairing int he launcher as far as I can tell, but here are the instructions:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207749345-Repair-Game-Files

That or just try uninstalling, deleting all the game folders. (including the ones in yoru documents folder). But I'd try the above link instructions first.  Prevents having to set up all your UI stuff again.

Once you've done that file a ticket to a GM and include your log files and let them help you figure it out is my best suggestion. (Log files are in the install section)

In my case they helped me learn that I needed to be mad at my ISP not the game

Your link does not work.  Just like the game at times.

Posted

Some how every time crashing when i am in big city but out of it never crashed so maybe the snow and all the stuff doing some shity stuff that makes players crashing like me. Just waiting for new update :/

Posted

I think the snow and stuff might be causing it. My game even crashes when I'm not in a big city or around snow/anything unusual, though. Even in areas where I'm all alone it crashes, so must be just disconnection issues again.. 

Also the game is a lot more laggy because of this too. :( 
Before the christmas update they seemed to have fixed the problem. But now it's back to where it started. Hopefully they can do it again in the next update. 

Posted

Just in time when u start playing normaly without problems then after 2 days u get updated and screw up everything again

1 person likes this

Posted

I fixed this problem just by closing "MSI Afterburner" and "Rivatuner" :D

Posted

Anyone still reading this? Has anyone looked at the IP addresses that data is outgoing to on your machines? There's two SF servers and a Korean server on my end. When the connection to the korean server happens, it's 100% guaranteed to crash the game. Anyone else experienced this?

Posted (edited)

Game crashes inside Aakman Temple (EU Version)

It seems, there is/are some corrupt game Asset(s) which causes crashes in game (i.e. unvalid geometry).

Game crashes (freezing and exit to windows) after 1 to 15 minutes, sometimes I'm not able to log back in

on my character. I have to log on an alt, then switching to character in Aakman Temple mostly work.

Overall is Aakman Temple unplayable for me. My character will die, seems the game doesn't log out as

the game crashes.

OS Windows 10, Graphic Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix, 32 GB Ram

- All Drivers are up to date

- Game runs as Admin

What I tried so far:

Removed log files, temp files, client repair, fresh installation.. basically everything you can do and did

not fix it (if it is an invalid game asset which causes crashes, this all won't help anyway).

Note: Red Nose Armor (Skirt) is not dyable anymore, it's missing faces you can dye, maybe another invalid mesh

and/or the reason for crashes. Would be interesting to know, if people with this armor crashes more than people

with Hebetate Tree Armor.

I do hope, people of the Support-Team, GM etc. will read trough this topic and forward informations.

Thank you

Edited by Loushu