• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

give us the DAMN patch notes

56 posts in this topic

Posted

We got a huge patch that changed so many abilities, buffed/and nerfed almost everything, yet we get no patch notes...

and everyone happily pretends nothing happened :'(

9 people like this

Posted

Just play the game and have fun, don't analyze it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just play the game and have fun, don't analyze it.

don't analyze patch notes for a MMO...

lol

if skills are being changed under your nose you want to be reading patch notes.

12 people like this

Posted

While I will play the game anyways, it would be nice to have the patch notes to know if something was fixed

Posted

We got a huge patch that changed so many abilities, buffed/and nerfed almost everything, yet we get no patch notes...

and everyone happily pretends nothing happened :'(

This x100000!

Game launches and not one post on patch notes or the fact many people didn't get compensation packages on their account page.

Any communication is better than absolute silence.

Posted

Shouldn't this be DAUM patch notes?

4 people like this

Posted

I support this. Any change should be communicated BEFORE going live. Some people bought pets to breed them but it's not possible, for example

1 person likes this

Posted

lol

Again, don't worry about it. They aren't that critical, especially in this game. 

And I think this kills the fun for a lot of players thinking they need to do this, and they really don't. Don't read - play.

Posted

Yep, I want to see those notes too. Maybe they are translating them.

Because it's impossible to compile one. You are looking at months of changes here, from a hacked version, to a main version

Posted (edited)

Because it's impossible to compile one. You are looking at months of changes here, from a hacked version, to a main version

which is why they said nothing and will continue to do so because they think we'll just forget about this...

patches need to be localized anyway, are they too lazy for that?

Edited by zenomex

Posted (edited)

Again, don't worry about it. They aren't that critical, especially in this game. 

And I think this kills the fun for a lot of players thinking they need to do this, and they really don't. Don't read - play.

So take this example

Someone uses certain skills/rotation they find enjoyable.

Next day they log in and they find this set up is less optimal and effective with no reason why making it less enjoyable than previously.

That is what can kill fun for people and I don't see how you can argue otherwise as everyone has their own definition of what's enjoyable.

Edited by Phar
1 person likes this

Posted

which is why they said nothing and will continue to do so because they think we'll just forget about this...

patches need to be localized anyway, are they too lazy for that?

Lazy? you know even the devs probably can't document the patch changes. A branch hack is otherwise known as a fork or an "unofficial build".

There is no way to document it once you go back to the main build.

There's no patch notes because they'res no one who can make one.

Posted

Lazy? you know even the devs probably can't document the patch changes. A branch hack is otherwise known as a fork or an "unofficial build".

There is no way to document it once you go back to the main build.

There's no patch notes because they'res no one who can make one.

As a fellow developer I have to say, if you are selling software then it is certainly an "official build".  Not only that but if you are pushing changes out to the public but don't even know what those changes are then you shouldn't be pushing them out to the public in the first place.

If you DO know the changes then, like the OP said, you need to make patch notes to let the customers know what changed.  Especially in a game like this.

7 people like this

Posted

So take this example

Someone uses certain skills/rotation they find enjoyable.

Next day they log in and they find this set up is less optimal and effective with no reason why making it less enjoyable than previously.

That is what can kill fun for people and I don't see how you can argue otherwise as everyone has their own definition of what's enjoyable.

Will reading about it make it better? Wouldn't playing it out and feeling it make more sense? And then as a gamer, adapt a new style or approach if you think it's better? That likely should happen naturally anyway.

"Meta" and players obsession with it is what is killing games these days. I know it sounds weird, and of course I'm not telling anyone what to do... but give it a try. Roll with the hand you're dealt and adapt organically!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As a fellow developer I have to say, if you are selling software then it is certainly an "official build".  Not only that but if you are pushing changes out to the public but don't even know what those changes are then you shouldn't be pushing them out to the public in the first place.

If you DO know the changes then, like the OP said, you need to make patch notes to let the customers know what changed.  Especially in a game like this.

if you're a developer then you know to STFU, because no one is able to up a list of changelogs, from months ago, then compare them to the changelogs of a fork, then finally compare them to your trunk, and then compare them to your release build.

You can't pull up the KR patch notes because the fork incorporates things from serveral builds, and may not even be in the official builds, but rather a merge of the trunk somewhere.

Heck look at every fork of a program out there. No one does changelogs. they just go "merge with the lasted syz branch"

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Will reading about it make it better? Wouldn't playing it out and feeling it make more sense? And then as a gamer, adapt a new style or approach if you think it's better? That likely should happen naturally anyway.

"Meta" and players obsession with it is what is killing games these days. I know it sounds weird, and of course I'm not telling anyone what to do... but give it a try. Roll with the hand you're dealt and adapt organically!

Changes to skill values might be unimportant, you can just look in-game, but major changes to the game world or the way skills work should be documented.

Posted

Don't you mean "give us the 'DAUM' patch notes?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Changes to skill values might be unimportant, you can just look in-game, but major changes to the game world or the way skills work should be documented.

That only works if it was official build to official build. Forks are notoriously hard, especially when you stop using it. Look at Plex vs xbmc/kodi. Heck even their changelog for ffmpeg is "updated to 1.x"

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Shouldn't this be DAUM patch notes?

Pretty sure, yeah.

Posted

Meta has nothing to do with it.

If a skill gets changed without my notice I don't want to spend my time in game theory crafting what has changed and why when these changes should be provided for the community.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol

Are you finally playing then?

Posted (edited)

Meta has nothing to do with it.

If a skill gets changed without my notice I don't want to spend my time in game theory crafting what has changed and why when these changes should be provided for the community.

Technically speaking, the skill modifiers and animations are all in your skill tree. It's hardly "not noticeable".

But release status usually don't come with patches.

Just consider headstart cbt2a

and consider this release 1.0na

For history cbt2 was a hack of RU+KR+experimental stuff

No one is going to document that hack. Just like no one documents you compiling your own programs with various flags.

If they do release patch notes it will say

"On KR release build"

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Are you finally playing then?

Later today I should be once I get my guest pass :)

Posted (edited)

Just FYI, Pearl Abyss/Daum rolls out patches/fixes without patch notes.  This has been a recurring issue in KR.  Most of the time it's been to "cover up" some game/economy breaking bugs which a small group of players exploit the hell out of in order to get that gear/economical/level gain.

Edited by SizzFlair

Posted (edited)

It's not like patches can horribly change the way the game works right? So why would we need to see them.

Edit: "/Sarcasm"  Since someone didn't understand.

Edited by Ritsum

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0