• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

XM.EXE keeps killing the game

18 posts in this topic

Posted

So after about 10 seconds of loading the game, the game crashes and I am greeted with an error message from xm.exe saying that it has detected something malicious. After running a scan (with paid BitDefender 2015) to show clean results and doing research it seems that malicious could just mean that anything associated with pretty much anything. This guy here discovered that it was being triggered by adobe updater which has nothing malicious about it and has nothing to do with black desert.

This is really frustrating as not only do I have no idea what is causing the problem, but I have no idea how to resolve it. Whenever I google 'xm.exe' it seems that the majority of the results are about how this is malware and how to safely remove it. This is the only information about this software and I'm not sure if this is actually what this is. 

Does anyone here have any idea how to resolve this issue? It's really frustrating as an error message which doesn't give you the information to actually solve it is incredibly difficult to work with.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have the exact same issue, any help would be great.

1 person likes this

Posted

The issue with Xigncode3 and Bitdefender appears to be the Active Virus/Threat Control. I really hope we can get a better resolution than to disable AV features to run the game, though, because I find that to be highly unacceptable.

2 people like this

Posted

I have managed to resolve the issue by disabling everything in the bitdefender anti-virus.  One of the first things I did was to disable the active virus control and that didn't work. After researching and trying several methods I ended up getting it to work by turning everything off in the bitdefender settings.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have managed to resolve the issue by disabling everything in the bitdefender anti-virus.  One of the first things I did was to disable the active virus control and that didn't work. After researching and trying several methods I ended up getting it to work by turning everything off in the bitdefender settings.

Tired that and it didnt crash where it normally does sucks you have to keep off your your anti virus though

Posted

I'm sorry, but disabling Bitdefenders AV is not okay. I paid good money for premium security, and shutting it down is now my only option to play this game ... ?

1 person likes this

Posted

This just started tonight for me. It is deeply frustrating. I agree that disabling my antivirus as a workaround is completely unacceptable. And, is it just me, or does the error message itself look like the work of a bad phishing expedition? The window title with all those periods and the dreadful grammar smack of identity thieves.

Posted

I just had the same crash from xm.exe without having any anti-virus installed at all.

Posted

Same for me even after last update.

Posted (edited)

Holy cow, I just about had a heart attack when I saw that ~~S~e~c~u~r~i~t~y~~~a~l~e~r~t~~~ 0xE019101A window. I thought I had gotten malware or one of those damn crypto programs. It doesn't even state what program its from. I was about to wipe my computer and rebuild from scratch. I guess BDO devs get a good laugh out of that. 

I don't even run AV software, and I've never had an issue since release, so I don't even know wtf it has a problem with. I clicked on the log button and it opens a folder. There are some files in it, but they are all gibberish. Very useful...not.

How about making a useful window that gives us some information and tells us what the actual problem is. 

Edited by VRMan

Posted

Antivirus is not triggering Xigncode. Xigncode closes the game if it detects potentially harmful software or processes that could impact the security of the game.
Most Xigncode reports are harmless, since the program is just a bit overprotective and doesn't take any chances.

Posted

Hello, I had a really garbage malware running from this executable. I deleted it and can no longer launch the client. I believe this file has some sort of an exploit allowing it to run other code. The popup seemed to be vbs or something along the lines of that. My game could not launch and the bullsh*t "you need to scan your computer" popup with obvious malicious origin(not my Antivirus). The running program was traced through task manager to the xm.exe executable.

Additional info the executable resided within \bin64\xc\na\2\xm.exe

pls help

Posted

Wow, so its clear that the developers are complete and utter morons. Why on earth would you name or even style a window like that?? I also thought I had a malware / virus on my PC (and it even says it). How about you guys take the money you have earned since the release and actually make a program that's reliable and doesn't look like a virus?

I don't have any anti-virus programs installed and have actually just formatted the whole laptop, black desert online is the only additional program on this setup.

2 people like this

Posted

i also have this problem, i bought the game on release and now this happens, its highly unacceptable, i´ve tried all i´ve read in the posts but nothing seems to work, first they had the conexion with the server lost error that kept me from playing the game for a month and now this? im still going to play the game because i love it to bits but this is so bad and toxic for the game, developers please, please, make that alert less restrictive, i just want to play your game.

Posted

They're taking the piss to be honest, I've made a post and checked nearly every single one related (and on other forums / websites). It seems they are just hoping the problem vanishes, which I guess is our only assumption because they're not actually telling the community what's going on.

Not once have I seen a developer / GM post about this solution in regards to its acknowledgement. Basically they've made a massive ----- up somewhere and haven't got a clue on how to fix it...just delete your fancy anit hack system, it doesn't nothing anyways, you just "HOPE" users don't cheat or hack, they will , even with your crappy system...so just give up and do what most games do , and monitor activity yourself! Lazy!

Posted

Delete the malware file. Replace with a dummy read only file.

Game still runs, Xigncode still runs.

Posted

I don't run Bit Defender, but got this 0xE019101A window, and other messages that were suspicious looking after installing and starting this game. It took god knows how many attempts to play the actual game, getting stuck on a black screen after character creation on numerous occasions. Eventually got in, but it's not worth the hassle. Thankfully, I only have the trial, which was enough to make me say no thanks. My solution, uninstall, remove all traces from the registry, and put it in the bin.

1 person likes this

Posted

Antivirus is not triggering Xigncode. Xigncode closes the game if it detects potentially harmful software or processes that could impact the security of the game.
Most Xigncode reports are harmless, since the program is just a bit overprotective and doesn't take any chances.

This happens to me and it's damn annoying. I have to run a VPN client to even stay connected and as I leave it over night I check in the morning and the AFK fishing is wasted and the game is closed.

I believe it also does this also when uTorrent is running but not even downloading.

Does Xigncode have a white list setting?