• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes – March 3rd

148 posts in this topic

Posted

Ya these patch notes are a little lacking....

Posted

Cmon you can do better than that, patch notes are an important part of the game to the players, so we have an idea of what is going on. Why oh why is it that firms are so bad a communicating to their players.

Better patch notes is a must.
Better communication is a must.

BAD!

Posted

Ya these patch notes are a little lacking....

I'm sure the reason the patch notes are as thin as they are is because this is current balance patch in kr with things turned off. The launch patch that we download that was 1.4gb  included tamers awakening data files  as  well as basic tamer changes  i.e the tamer dash nerf and the newly added shit+space dash. The ping sound being removed was also added this week in Kr as well as the other quality of life  changes  we got this week so... yeah.  

Posted

I'm sure the reason the patch notes are as thin as they are is because this is current balance patch in kr with things turned off. The launch patch that we download that was 1.4gb  included tamers awakening data files  as  well as basic tamer changes  i.e the tamer dash nerf and the newly added shit+space dash. The ping sound being removed was also added this week in Kr as well as the other quality of life  changes  we got this week so... yeah.  

Ok so if we want to know what has changed we are supposed to look at the KR patch notes?
That is not how it works, I want to know what
exactly has changed in this game everytime they patch it no matter how small, or if some other version of BDO already got it, we should still see what has changed.

3 people like this

Posted

Comeon guys ! we want specifics and more details. Worst patch notes i have ever seen

1 person likes this

Posted

So where are the patch notes?  You cant say things are "adjusted" and not explain how.  Why bother saying anything then?

1 person likes this

Posted

This is disgusting. Nothing about the pets, no solid info on tamer. Such a letdown from the publishingv team...

Posted (edited)

Ok so if we want to know what has changed we are supposed to look at the KR patch notes?That is not how it works, I want to know what exactly has changed in this game everytime they patch it no matter how small, or if some other version of BDO already got it, we should still see what has changed.

I agree they need to inform  the player base more about what they actually  changed cause compared to the kr patch notes which are lengthy and detailed NA/EU's is a joke. But i cant speak on the reasoning other than this is the  patch notes they got to give us. They also seem to have   turned off  some feature or broke them. Since u can no longer check the status of your crops  for farms as well as other minior things i'll submit in a bug report

Edited by Grae

Posted (edited)

Patch Notes – March 3rd

Head start has ended and the game is now launched, below you will find a list of the recent changes.  If you  missed the patch notes from CBT-2 you can find them >here<

Game System

•  Localization

• Updated the Exit Menu change channel button to display “Channel” instead of “Server”.

• Updated the "Release" button for horses to "Delete" to avoid confusion

• Fixed the issue were February 29th was not being displayed in the “My Journal” or “Guild Journal” windows.

• Fixed the issue where the message "Press 'I' to drink a potion" in the tutorial was placed outside the box.

• Fixed misplaced trade related texts.

• Classes

• Fixed the issue where Witch's forehead and cheekbones were protruding helmets due to the size differences in the NA version.

• Locations of helmets, glasses, and piercings on Witch's and Wizard's faces were modified according to their updated face shapes.

• Tamer's overall balance was adjusted.

• Fixed the issue where dye slots for Tamer and Witch were missing.

• Fixed the issue where some Warrior Skills did not function properly.

Gameplay

•  Quests

• Fixed the issue where the alert sound was played every time an item count goes up in a guild quest.

• Changed the condition for activating the combo tutorial quest for all classes.

• Changed the conditions for activating the potion drinking tutorial quest.

• Added additional guidance for Balenos Quests to smooth progression.

• Items

• Fragment of Memory acquisition adjusted.

• NPCs

• Monster AI has been adjusted for more vigilance.

Known Issues

• If you log out with the Combo Tutorial Quest active you will have to abandon it and take it again from the Black Spirit.

• Remaining Text-Cuts; those are being addressed over time and will be fixed

Is this joke right? 10-15h after start patch notes? Where tamer notes? Full class rebalance and only Tamer's overall balance was adjusted. ?! Go ----- you DAUM.
You should add to known Issues missing pet exchange button. 2. Sound at cut scenes is
very quiet, mostly what we hear is music.

edit: Please let us minus all official posts from team, this will show how far you have us in ass (yes I'm still angry, full class rebalance and nothing, totally nothing about).

Edited by Lurien

Posted

I'm pretty sure we, as the players, could have come up with these vague patch notes on our own faster than you posted them. If this was all you were going to give, why did it take so long?

Patch notes up!

"We've patched some things, yo!"

3 people like this

Posted

@CM_Jouska As a query, what is the stance of Daum/PA on attempted datamining and publication of datamined findings?

Posted

Where is the breeding of the pets? Would be nice to  actually get an statement about this.

Posted

And constant sprint attack is dead on tamer, wonderful that's a great adjustment.

Posted

Honestly, it's really concerning that DAUM EU changed their behavior so drastically right after the launch. We used to stay updated on things, even the discussions between the publisher and the developer have been covered in CM posts. God, we used to joke about how @CM_Jouska never sleeps, replying every thread he could. And now we're just being ignored as a community. And the sad part is - most people don't even give a shit, I mean we only got 2 pages in this thread. C'mon DAUM you know that patch notes are VERY important. If you can't provide us with decent descriptive patch notes - at least provide us with a reason for this

Posted

Love the Tamer changes so far thx and good to hear something was done with the Monster AI they where way to passive in cbt.

Are you kidding me? how do you LOVE the Tamer changes by simply nerfing it

1 person likes this

Posted

i still haven't received my Explorer pack items yet

Posted

They could've said "We changed things!" and it would be the same lol

I know these patch notes weren't meant to exist, you wrote them just to appeal those who wanted them, but a little more effort doesn't hurt...

Posted

This is ridiculous. I really like this game so far but it almost seems like DAUM doesn't give a damn about their customers, because they already got money from people buying the preorder packages. This is the least information i read about a patch bigger than 1GB in any MMO i have played so far. It's just sad that a game with such potential does not seem to give any attention to the players.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Are you kidding me? how do you LOVE the Tamer changes by simply nerfing it

Tamer was buffed not nerfed get a clue.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/32114-tamer-was-really-unpopular-even-before-now-they-just-killed-her/

Oh wait this is a tactic to get Tamer even more buffed right? Yeah i get it Tamer is totally weak now and needs more buffs.

Edited by Asmodeus

Posted (edited)

Tamer was buffed not nerfed get a clue.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/32114-tamer-was-really-unpopular-even-before-now-they-just-killed-her/

Oh wait this is a tactic to get Tamer even more buffed right? Yeah i get it Tamer is totally weak now and needs more buffs.

I don't have a hard time believing Tamer also got buffed but it's just that the SHIFT+W+LMB skill was really nice for getting around. Everyone else can spam blink or dash and then they doubled the animation time on it because KR are abusing it somehow. We aren't Koreans so why don't we get localized patch notes? DAUM also increased the brightness of the nights (not included in the patch notes) because of localization. The dark nights weren't dark with a Lantern item. Now lanterns are pointless.

Edited by zenomex

Posted

I don't have a hard time believing Tamer also got buffed but it's just that the SHIFT+W+LMB skill was really nice for getting around. Everyone else can spam blink or dash and then they doubled the animation time on it because KR are abusing it somehow. We aren't Koreans so why don't we get localized patch notes? DAUM also increased the brightness of the nights (not included in the patch notes) because of localization. The dark nights weren't dark with a Lantern item. Now lanterns are pointless.

You got the awakening dash skill as compensation if that is not enough i dunno what to say....

1 person likes this

Posted

Patch Notes like these sure do suck but everyone should be aware that it isn't DAUM's fault.

Working with eastern developers is difficult, especially when the "main" build/version/game has been out for some time and their point man for communications either doesn't have time to write proper patch notes for DAUM or are translated incorrectly by DAUM's translator.

I've worked as a CM for an MMO Publisher in a similar situation and I too have had to write something vague like "xxx was adjusted". This either meant it was "fixed" due to an exploit that I didn't want to communicate or simply that the patch notes from the developer were too vague for me to write something significant enough.

Sure, the CMs could ask Pearl Abyss for more detailed notes but then we would have had to wait longer for them, and people were already looking to hang someone for the lack of patch notes at launch.

Also, the pet breeding is most likely a bug not foreseen by DAUM, hence the lack of communication about it.

Just my 2 cents

Posted

Doesn't work for wizard, you cant get the quest back.

Known Issues

• If you log out with the Combo Tutorial Quest active you will have to abandon it and take it again from the Black Spirit.

Posted

What did you do to those tamers daum?!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello there,

To answer 2 things here. Even if the launch took a lot from all of us the patch note wasn't posted with any kind of lazyness from our side. We communicated about what we had and we'll do our best to have better and more detailed information in the future, but for this one that's what we got.

Regarding the pet breeding system it has been temporarily disabled as the pet system is being revamped at the moment, once it is done we can hope for the reactivation of the feature. But we don't have any ETA at the moment. 

Edited by CM_Tytyes