• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes – March 3rd

148 posts in this topic

Posted

Worst patch notes ever. @CM_Jouska look at how PA is doing them. I guess that it's hard to take inspirtation from them, right? 

DAUM EU team is doing not a poor job at managing the game. You guys are doing a shitty job, and not just at managing, at localising too. How the hell can you add to the game changes that are ment to work only together with the awakening weapons when we have no awakenings? Are you THAT incompetent? Gamers? You guys have played BDO? Daoubt it, because the poor job you do at localising the game shows that you have NO idea what you are doing. Not to mention delayed important changes. 

And stupid excuses like: "realsing patch notes take time, because we have to double check and write them". Make some time then, it's your god damn job. What's this shitty thing which is supposed to be patch notes? "Changes were made". G -----in` G. I noticed too. What are the details of those changes? Go look on black desert korea website how some freaking patch notes look. And they have them up after EVERY GOD DAMN SMALL maintenance, EVERY!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello there,

To answer 2 things here. Even if the launch took a lot from all of us the patch note wasn't posted with any kind of lazyness from our side. We communicated about what we had and we'll do our best to have better and more detailed information in the future, but for this one that's what we got.

Regarding the pet breeding system it has been temporarily disabled as the pet system is being revamped at the moment, once it is done we can hope for the reactivation of the feature. But we don't have any ETA at the moment. 

Forgetting about mentioning something regarding spending real money in the game and the absolute silence from you guys for more than 24 hours seems just too convinient from your part. Sorry but I'm not buying it. I expect to get a refound for my pearls at least.

Edited by Shankee

Posted

FIX THE NIGHT!

Posted

• NPCs

• Monster AI has been adjusted for more vigilance.

Better keep adjusting because monsters are still extremely passive, they'll stand around and pick their nose while you're killing their friends from 5 feet away.

I agree the Monster AI is so -----ing bad at some times, you can literaly hit the guy next to a group, and still not aggro the entire group.
I Enjoy grinding tho, but the monster ai is beyond stupid.

Posted

I'm level 47 tyvm, I have been solo farming giants for the last 2 levels, I didn't say they were easy, I said they were passive, basically with an aggro range of about 3 feet.  Worst aggro range out of any MMO I've ever played.

P.S: They're to easy too.

not those giants u nab , the 50+ giants.

Posted

not those giants u nab , the 50+ giants.

apple ♥

kreygasm_2.thumb.png.d5ed04d161791ad9d98

Posted (edited)

What did you do to those tamers daum?!

looks like RU patch that included tamer nerf if this is the case then awakening is the only buff back to tamer.

Hello there,

To answer 2 things here. Even if the launch took a lot from all of us the patch note wasn't posted with any kind of lazyness from our side. We communicated about what we had and we'll do our best to have better and more detailed information in the future, but for this one that's what we got.

Regarding the pet breeding system it has been temporarily disabled as the pet system is being revamped at the moment, once it is done we can hope for the reactivation of the feature. But we don't have any ETA at the moment. 

was there any questioning or concerns of brevity on your teams part?

i'm not sure how hard PA really wants to protect game assets located on a players computer, but if the patch notes are this terrible for much longer i see the community taking the lead and comparing extracted content from game updates and generating their own patch notes.

Edited by Rekka

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Any word on the balancing of Multiple Magic Missile for Wiz/Witch? The damage on our version is 432x2, while on KR and RU it is 432x7. Also, it can be cast before cooldown for reduced damage on those versions, and can not be cast between cooldowns on our version. Basically the skill is completely useless, and it's an important skill for Wiz to be competitive in 1v1's.

Posted

Hello there,

Then take this as a learning experience, and communicate this kind of information up front. What builds are you getting from PA, what information, and so on. The communication to the EUNA customers is still your responsibility. 

If you don't have the detailed notes, state why and state it up front. Though i wonder why updates are being pushed live you don't know the content of. Take this as a pointer to kick PA in the ass to make sure you get all the relevant notes before they send you new builds.

Transparency. Communication. Get it done. And if the Korean branch isn't working with you, tell us and shame them publically. They need this to work as much as you do.

3 people like this

Posted

Was hoping the patch notes come earlier and more detailed like the CBT2 patch note.

Posted

Patch Notes like these sure do suck but everyone should be aware that it isn't DAUM's fault.

Working with eastern developers is difficult, especially when the "main" build/version/game has been out for some time and their point man for communications either doesn't have time to write proper patch notes for DAUM or are translated incorrectly by DAUM's translator.

I've worked as a CM for an MMO Publisher in a similar situation and I too have had to write something vague like "xxx was adjusted". This either meant it was "fixed" due to an exploit that I didn't want to communicate or simply that the patch notes from the developer were too vague for me to write something significant enough.

Sure, the CMs could ask Pearl Abyss for more detailed notes but then we would have had to wait longer for them, and people were already looking to hang someone for the lack of patch notes at launch.

Also, the pet breeding is most likely a bug not foreseen by DAUM, hence the lack of communication about it.

Just my 2 cents

No offence you clearly sucked at your job then also.
One of the most important thing in a business is to communicate what you do and do not do. If you dont have detailed info on it you tell your consumers. Company who are giving proper communication are usually more successful with their costumers. Even the "Hey we dont know" is an better answer than silence.

1 person likes this

Posted

Patch Notes – March 3rd

Head start has ended and the game is now launched, below you will find a list of the recent changes.  If you  missed the patch notes from CBT-2 you can find them >here<

Game System

•  Localization

• Updated the Exit Menu change channel button to display “Channel” instead of “Server”.

• Updated the "Release" button for horses to "Delete" to avoid confusion

• Fixed the issue were February 29th was not being displayed in the “My Journal” or “Guild Journal” windows.

• Fixed the issue where the message "Press 'I' to drink a potion" in the tutorial was placed outside the box.

• Fixed misplaced trade related texts.

• Classes

• Fixed the issue where Witch's forehead and cheekbones were protruding helmets due to the size differences in the NA version.

• Locations of helmets, glasses, and piercings on Witch's and Wizard's faces were modified according to their updated face shapes.

• Tamer's overall balance was adjusted.

• Fixed the issue where dye slots for Tamer and Witch were missing.

• Fixed the issue where some Warrior Skills did not function properly.

Gameplay

•  Quests

• Fixed the issue where the alert sound was played every time an item count goes up in a guild quest.

• Changed the condition for activating the combo tutorial quest for all classes.

• Changed the conditions for activating the potion drinking tutorial quest.

• Added additional guidance for Balenos Quests to smooth progression.

• Items

• Fragment of Memory acquisition adjusted.

• NPCs

• Monster AI has been adjusted for more vigilance.

Known Issues

• If you log out with the Combo Tutorial Quest active you will have to abandon it and take it again from the Black Spirit.

• Remaining Text-Cuts; those are being addressed over time and will be fixed

Anyone know how to delete the "Path of the Warrior" combo quest? There doesn't seem to be the usual option to do so in the quest writeup and I'm at 2/4 objectives. I'm assuming this is the Combo Tutorial Quest that's bugged?

Posted

rather disappointing on top of pearls spent of 6 pets for a "revamp" so no clue how well my investment will turn out since i tested the breeding system in CB2  

Posted

Hello there,

Why was this not communicated in ANY capacity before the game was launched or the pearl store went live?

Posted (edited)

Why was this not communicated in ANY capacity before the game was launched or the pearl store went live?

we all know the answer, they needed to see some more money while keeping costs at a bare minimum. So lets make them run for their money! Anti-capitalism yaaaay

Edited by zenomex

Posted

Great launch guys! No queue's and game has been really stable. Without the ad hominem or insults, would like better communication though.

Thanks!

~Scorpio

Posted

so... Pets go on sale, and at the exact same time you take pet breeding out of the game completely???     REALLY???   The half baked "revamp" answer is even more b/s  I love the game, but things about this company are really starting to look shady....  I will not be spending another cent of my money till we get some real answers here....  hell, even the pre-order bonuses I paid for took 3 days to get, and the "compensation" that you claimed to give is nowhere to be seen on my account page, this just screams "cash grab"    

Prove me and the rest of your pissed off community wrong!   Fix the issues, and give us the proper communication! Being shady and silent does nothing but promote distrust and fear into your community, and that is how a game fails in the end.   If you want our support, and our money, act like we matter to you, as a company.

Posted

RIP Tamer !!!!!!!!>:(

Posted

I still cant buy Daum Coins / Pearls from the Cash Shop. I guess you guys dont want my money.... I tried selecting Credit Card, Paysafe, all of them and always get the same error...

Can i get a response on this? is it a known bug?? when will i be able to buy DC?

cash shop error.jpg

Posted

The UI update is just ugly...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So I've read through all the responses from this post and...I understand the frustration...everyone wants more transparency. Everyone wants answers to pressing concerns NOW. Let's be honest, though, shit talking and tongue-in-cheek comments really aren't necessary. It must be tough for them to try and provide good customer service when they're getting shit thrown at them all the time. I get it...it's their job...they should have known what they were in for when they agreed to do this as a job but, come on, stop being dicks behind that anonymous avatar of yours. It's borderline abusive seeing how they are being treated. I'm probably asking too much for some but try to see it from a different perspective. 

To the CM's and PM's who are doing what they can to provide some insight, you're doing great, keep it up! A large part of the player base who don't normally use the forums are happy about the state of the game. Also, thanks for clearing the spam threads in the New Adventurer's forum. That stuff was obnoxious.

Edited by Nayasanja
Added some text

Posted

So I've read through all the responses from this post and...I understand the frustration...everyone wants more transparency. Everyone wants answers to pressing concerns NOW. Let's be honest, though, shit talking and tongue-in-cheek comments really aren't necessary. It must be tough for them to try and provide good customer service when they're getting shit thrown at them all the time. I get it...it's their job...they should have known what they were in for when they agreed to do this as a job but, come on, stop being dicks behind that anonymous avatar of yours. It's borderline abusive seeing how they are being treated. I'm probably asking too much for some but try to see it from a different perspective. 

To the CM's and PM's who are doing what they can to provide some insight, you're doing great, keep it up! A large part of the player base who don't normally use the forums are happy about the state of the game. Also, thanks for clearing the spam threads in the New Adventurer's forum. That stuff was obnoxious.

I get that keeping this stuff in check is hard, but all most people ask for is at the very least a mention of the changed made to the game. A lot of changes made to the game were simply omitted from the notes for no apparent reason. Would it really be this hard to mention that the UI size was adjusted? That pet breeding was temporarily disabled? The nights were made brighter? That new options were added to the character set up screen? Is it too much to ask for transparency in the changes that they made to a product we purchased? As this is now a paid service, there is a certain amount of expectations from the publishers when it comes to the information and the quality of content we receive that is simply not present in free titles. As we paid for this product, the very least we can expect is at least somewhat comprehensive communication about its changes. 

3 people like this

Posted

I get that keeping this stuff in check is hard, but all most people ask for is at the very least a mention of the changed made to the game. A lot of changes made to the game were simply omitted from the notes for no apparent reason. Would it really be this hard to mention that the UI size was adjusted? That pet breeding was temporarily disabled? The nights were made brighter? That new options were added to the character set up screen? Is it too much to ask for transparency in the changes that they made to a product we purchased? As this is now a paid service, there is a certain amount of expectations from the publishers when it comes to the information and the quality of content we receive that is simply not present in free titles. As we paid for this product, the very least we can expect is at least somewhat comprehensive communication about its changes. 

I agree...a lot of information in the patch notes is pretty vague but they are learning from this. One of the CM's has responded to this  so we should expect a more detailed list next time. There is nothing wrong with asking the questions you are asking, only with how they are being asked. As I see it, you'll have greater cooperation if you're being civil and respectful, like your post. Which is why I liked it, because it removes the toxic banter and gets straight to the point.

1 person likes this

Posted

Where I have trouble understanding is that they try to "revamp" "change" or "fix" something which isn't broken, like the UI (Which is an important part of a game imo).

Where as other things like the "pop-ins" of NPCs and environment need actual fixing (LOD and draw distance issue).

And instead of rolling a half-hearted UI "patch" out, just get some opinions or do it when it's fully done...

Those are my 2cents....

Posted

No offence you clearly sucked at your job then also.One of the most important thing in a business is to communicate what you do and do not do. If you dont have detailed info on it you tell your consumers. Company who are giving proper communication are usually more successful with their costumers. Even the "Hey we dont know" is an better answer than silence.

Sometimes just publishing the details will only cause uproar with people who disagree with the changes.  I guarantee you if they posted... Maintenance extended for 2 more hrs, waiting on details on patch notes from PA.  The community would flip.

I agree the Monster AI is so -----ing bad at some times, you can literaly hit the guy next to a group, and still not aggro the entire group.I Enjoy grinding tho, but the monster ai is beyond stupid.

I agree with the monster aggro and being soft but I also don't think we need to make grabbing the whole map for a ranger on horseback EASIER.