• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Imo rushing to 50 is bad for you and other people

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

BDO is a game that allows many kinds of playstyles and activities. Throughout my leveling experience up to lvl 28 i contemplated whether i should powerlevel or not and I'm quite happy i chose not to. Not only that, I've observed that powerleveling actually comes with some pretty bad disadvantages imo. thoughts below:

Why its bad for you

1. You skip every quest/activity in the game which breaks the monotony and offers contribution points a very important currency and increased inventory space.
  2. You're gonna live with a puny inventory which means that you're either gonna live with it until 50 or pay cash to increase your inventory from the get go.
  3. Returning back to quest to low lvl zones you will meet absolutely no challenge and this will follow you until you finish the main quest/side quests, thus negating every possible risk/reward in the game.
  4. You will be a target to ganking throughout the whole time you quest, past lvl 45
  5. Gpvp will take time to mature, until enough people are max-lvl/gear. Until then, why rush it? Are you planning to be an outlaw?
  6. Gear is not level locked. I have a Yuria sword and the full agerian set at lvl 28. Rushing to lvl 50 for gear is pointless.

Why its bad for others around you

1. Monster XP/loot is based on damage contribution. I cannot count how manyHigher level people have proceeded to 1 shot every monster in the area, almost preventing others from lvling. Starting from lvl 1 areas, a lvl 50 will be the new character's worst nightmare.

The choice is ultimately yours but I'd strongly recommend that you take your time and experience all the activities the game has to offer. By the time you're 50, you'd have mastered the game itself and not just some number.

Edited by madkimchi
20 people like this

Posted (edited)

1. Quests are boring, and if you do them instead of grinding you waste lots of time travelling with autorun, which is the epitome of tedium.

2. I never need to return to town because my inv is full, I need to do it because I'm out of pots, and I can empty my inv when purchasing pots.

3. There is no challenge whatsoever even if you do the quests at the same level. Like always, pve is tedious, not challenging.

4. You mean something interesting might actually happen while I quest? Why wouldn't I want that?

5. PvP is the fun part of the game. Why would you want to delay it?

6. Irrelevant either way.

And to address the "why it is bad for others" section: cry more.

Edited by Eleris
2 people like this

Posted

1. Quests are boring, and if you do them instead of grinding you waste lots of time travelling with autorun, which is the epitome of tedium.

2. I never need to return to town because my inv is full, I need to do it because I'm out of pots, and I can empty my inv when purchasing pots.

3. There is no challenge whatsoever even if you do the quests at the same level. Like always, pve is tedious, not challenging.

4. You mean something interesting might actually happen while I quest? Why wouldn't I want that?

Do just one thing.

Never ever come here and cry about a lack of content when pvp doesn't quench your thirst anymore. Please just uninstall the game and go quietly.

13 people like this

Posted

BDO is a game that allows many kinds of playstyles and activities. Throughout my leveling experience up to lvl 28 i contemplated whether i should powerlevel or not and I'm quite happy i chose not to. Not only that, I've observed that powerleveling actually comes with some pretty bad disadvantages imo. thoughts below:

Why its bad for you

1. You skip every quest/activity in the game which breaks the monotony and offers contribution points a very important currency and increased inventory space.
  2. You're gonna live with a puny inventory which means that you're either gonna live with it until 50 or pay cash to increase your inventory from the get go.
  3. Returning back to quest to low lvl zones you will meet absolutely no challenge and this will follow you until you finish the main quest/side quests, thus negating every possible risk/reward in the game.
  4. You will be a target to ganking throughout the whole time you quest.
  5. Gpvp will take time to mature, until enough people are max-lvl/gear. Until then, why rush it? Are you planning to be an outlaw?
  6. Gear is not level locked. I have a Yuria sword and the full agerian set at lvl 28. Rushing to lvl 50 for gear is pointless.

1. Monster XP/loot is based on damage contribution. I cannot count how manyHigher level people have proceeded to 1 shot every monster in the area, almost preventing others from lvling. Starting from lvl 1 areas, a lvl 50 will be the new character's worst nightmare.

The choice is ultimately yours but I'd strongly recommend that you take your time and experience all the activities the game has to offer. By the time you're 50, you'd have mastered the game itself and not just some number.

This!

Posted

Do just one thing.

Never ever come here and cry about a lack of content when pvp doesn't quench your thirst anymore. Please just uninstall the game and go quietly.

This right here. Rushing ahead and ignoring 80% of the game..why the hell you even playing? Quests are the only way of getting con. points so you will have to do them eventually.

Posted

or you can get to 50 in one day and go back and easily finish the tedious quests you only want to complete for contribution bag space.

for a combined total of 2 days rather than a week+?

idk seems more......... plausible

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Im not quiet sure what your issue here is.

I am PVPer myself and I have alot of characters lv 55+ and each and every single person that asks me 'should I rush lv 50 or finish story/blackspirit quest' I absolutely advise to do these quests. Not only do they give you bag space, energy and contribution (which ALL you will NEED and lack even if you finish majority of the quests) they also give you upgrade items that will come in handy if youre going for +15 above gear. 

Rushing level 50 brings you NOTHING if you do not catch up the quests. You will lack contribution, you cant buy houses, warehouse slots, you cant connect nodes for workers, you cant craft or anything without contribution.

You will lack energy, how are you gonna level nodes? how are you gonna check secret shop? gathering? worldchat? how are you gonna make an income if youve skipped over everything? 

In the long run you will need to catch up all those quests or you will be behind everyone else who didnt rush to level 50 because they atleast went to make the key quests after that, like every person who rushes level 50 actually should do. Black spirit quests and story quests starting in Olivia town.

You CAN skip out on all the quests but it will come at a great great disadvantage later on, you might not notice it now, but you definitely will once all the persons catched up the quests and your ''pvp'' is being 2 shot because they are advancing their gear on a quick pace thanks to using all the methods of making money and you will only be able to grind the same mobs that you can right now.

So. even if you wish to ''rush'' level 50, which imo is useless unless you badly want to be #1 on the server and want to proof how fast you can grind you still afterwards should do all the quests that you have missed out on. The energy and contribution system of BDO is a very very important system which is why so many people advise you to make alts aswell for higher energy. You will notice soon enough.

Even if quests are boring - yes they are, but all the things they get you is worth it, and honestly there are some really fun quests besides the storyline which has the story of bdo and tons of cinematics and minigames you will have to play throughout the journey.

Edit:

Ive just seen people say '''You dont need inventory space to grind'' are you serious? even if im using a value pack and I have 70 slots on my bag I will ALWAYS run out of inventory space OR be overweight. 

Also, this is my current Energy (second bar) and Contribution (third bar) pool and Im running low on both. All the time, that with all quests finished up to Media.

Screenshot_8.png

Edited by Crystalie
5 people like this

Posted

Why its bad for you

-You don't need inventory space to grind for exp.  Most mobs drop a limited set of items for turn in, and the gear you get from the mobs often aren't worth keeping. Contribution/Energy will always be there for after the grind.
    -Same point as above.
    I took the risk while I was grinding, you think those red orcs didn't try to make a sequel to that hentai?  Plus, I was grinding ahead of the curve with little to no competition for my mobs, and then later when I return for quests I'll have no competition for the same mobs and be able to tap them with my auto attack.
    -So you're taking back your third point? You just said that questing at a high level negates any risk, but then re-introduces another kind of risk?  This is a personal preference to the player Pearl Abyss has created.
    -I'm rushing max to make grinding for better gear more efficient, thus I'm the one leading the rush to GVG, making it relevant for people like you. Plus when I have my gear fully enchanted and you dont, and I gank the crap out of you, I'll be giving you some more risk to the game you love, and providing incentive for you to get good.
    -Killing more mobs in less time = more chances at those sweet sweet stones. Plus, money = buying stones

There's so many places for mobs to spawn; if those players are upset that I'm going back to lower level zones to kill ~10 mobs and then be on my way, they could be just as upset that I'm stealing their mobs while leveling. 

edit You can play your way, I can play my way, and there's nothing wrong with either style. 

4 people like this

Posted

Rushing to lvl 50 is bad? Says who? The OP? Why does the OP feel the need to come here and tell us how to play the game?

I'm lvl 50 and I'm happy with that and I don't think it's bad for anyone.

1 person likes this

Posted

Quests are boring and completely against the sandbox idea. It is completely f*** this game forcing to make this f*** quests.

Posted

IDK why everyone seems so upset lol OP is just giving some tips

Both OP and Crystalie have good points but at the end it is up to you.
Rush to 50 and go back or take your time and do the quests as you go.

For headstart I'd much rather rush to 50 to get ahead of the crowds so you can grind in peace then go back. But now since everything seems a bit calmer and less crowded Id recommend doing the quests as you go.

2 people like this

Posted

Why its bad for you

Everyone knows the consequences, let them experience them to see just how bad it is.

As for this.. a simple solution is easy. If someone gets too obnoxious.. guildwar their guild and punish everyone for their hubris. Mass punishment which leads to peer pressure is a great way to get someone in line.

Classic example of this is the blanket party in Full Metal Jacket. DI punishes the entire platoon who in turn punishes the individual.. harshly. The individual... well its not pretty.. lets say the BDO equivalent will be them quitting the game. Ceasing the low level kill stealing.

Remember, PVP is a tool to be used to influence other persons and guilds to do or not do certain actions.

Use it.

Posted

Rushing to lvl 50 is bad? Says who? The OP? Why does the OP feel the need to come here and tell us how to play the game?

Where have I seen this before Ah..WoW ppl rush to max level gear up and..huh? boohoo there is nothing to do and they start -----ing and whining. Then it kinda involves us too. Dont you think?

Posted

Fuck off. You can play your way, I can play my way, and there's nothing wrong with either style. 

There is something wrong though with your choice of words but I guess you can talk like that to people in forums cause your mom ain't monitoring you here.

3 people like this

Posted

Some good points. I think that's typically how most people play. I usually take my time mostly because I have one of those completist mindset born from early RPG games (Lufia, FF, Chrono Trigger, etc). On top of that, I get bored of a game quicker once I get to end-game and there's nothing left to experience. And of course I'm older now, so I don't really have that "have to be the best and stay at the top of the pack" mindset I once had. I don't care so much to virtually impress people anymore lol. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just not a concern of mine.

That said, there are still some good points to those who do wish to rush to 50. The first being guild creation and wanting to stay in the top 10 rankings of guilds. Rankings period are a huge draw for a LOT of people, and in this game there are rankings for everything. Being "the first" or "the best" is a huge deal. Also helps in guild recruitment. Then you have those that want to rush to 50 so they can help out all their friends that are coming along a bit later.

Everyone knows the consequences, let them experience them to see just how bad it is.

Not entirely true. I found the OP useful, as there were a few things I wasn't aware of that the OP mentioned. Sure, a lot of people research the heck out of games and are aware of the details of all the features and mechanics. Others only research to the point of the basics, like combat and PvP system. Heck, I played the game for hours before I realized you didn't get level XP from quests. Only reason I'm poking about now is boredom at work lol.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This right here. Rushing ahead and ignoring 80% of the game..why the hell you even playing? Quests are the only way of getting con. points so you will have to do them eventually.

But the thing is, you can't skip the quests. You're gonna have to turn back and do them, otherwise you skip a humongous part of the game which includes life skills/crafting/investing, etc...And what you're gonna do is start killing bees and weasels at lvl 50. That alone would make me lose interest i think..

Fuck off. You can play your way, I can play my way, and there's nothing wrong with either style. 

No need for the language. If you don't like my opinion, feel free to ignore/provide constructive criticism. No one forced you to play my way.

I'm glad you're happy with the game. The thread shows my opinion about the downsides of rushing to 50. If you are happy with that and don't think it's bad for anyone, care to provide your reasons why?

Edited by madkimchi

Posted

I don't agree with a single point of yours. I'm 51.60 (yes, I' slacking) and I've had no problems so far. I also have +11 weapon and full +6 gear set. 

Posted (edited)

well I was going to rush then started doing a gathering quest in velia ..really enjoyed it then did ALL the quests in velia (amity as well..took 3 days!) except 1 where the npc literally only gives me 4 amity for a success so i just left the biatch lol so yeh im like lvl 16 still but have a shit ton of cp and a business and apprentice in most of the life skills now..now i just need to figure out which to focus on and get back to grinding for a bit to lvl 25 or somethin and go do all the quests in heidel..they're way to fun to skip :P

Edited by Khazard
1 person likes this

Posted

or you can get to 50 in one day and go back and easily finish the tedious quests you only want to complete for contribution bag space.

for a combined total of 2 days rather than a week+?

idk seems more......... plausible

Quests maybe kinda tedious but i see them as an opportunity to travel around and see every corner of the world. visiting places and talking to NPCs is so vital that greatly influences the end game on the point of money making/accessing vendors for discounts which then sell you cheap stuff you can sell for great profits in the tradepost.

If you've played the game in KR/RU/JP and have multiple 50+ characters then i can see the reasoning but still, i'd recommend you not rushing with your first character.

Posted

I cant even begin to argue with op. If you wanna be most efficient and competitive you have to rush 50 bcs its there you can do the bosses which give you bunch of blackstones.

Freaking carebears

Posted

I cant even begin to argue with op. If you wanna be most efficient and competitive you have to rush 50 bcs its there you can do the bosses which give you bunch of blackstones.

Freaking carebears

Know what? I will agree with you under 1 condition: Also rush your wallet, Max your inventory, get 3 max tier pets by breeding. Give me the invoice for that.

Otherwise, how are you gonna be able to loot those blackstones? 

It is so inefficient to rush 50 without opening the wallet in order to be effective that I didn't even include it in my OP

Posted

50 dollar, also when you are 50 you can do guildquests. Doing this you increase guildrank. Some people care about this ya know?

Posted

I'll enjoy my full +15 set while you have 50 more Energy and Contribution than me which I have next to no use for anyway. K. Bragging you have a Yuria weapon at 28 is all well and good - guess what, it's barely an upgrade on what you'd have from quest rewards etc anyway because you aren't acquiring Blackstones to upgrade it. Guess what us 50s are farming? Yep.

In seriousness: it's all a trade off. And more importantly telling anyone how they should or shouldn't play the game is moronic beyond all comprehension. Get over yourself.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

In seriousness: it's all a trade off.

Agreed. It could be and I could also be wrong.

And more importantly telling anyone how they should or shouldn't play the game is moronic beyond all comprehension. Get over yourself.

Wut?

If you feel that by expressing my opinion I am pushing you or other people to play the game the way I want, then you need counseling, no offence. 

Edited by madkimchi

Posted

No, its OP who is in the wrong here. It makes me claw my eyes out when i keep reading these single player carebear mentality. This game has pvp endgame so people tend to be rly competitive and not dwell on some quests for bagspace or cp's. One can just pick up a few inbetweem MORE IMPORTANT things like quildquests, boss scrolls, etc

MORE IMPORTANT as in get better gear

PVP = LEVEL > GEAR > SKILL

1 person likes this