• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Imo rushing to 50 is bad for you and other people

61 posts in this topic

Posted

BDO is a game that allows many kinds of playstyles and activities. Throughout my leveling experience up to lvl 28 i contemplated whether i should powerlevel or not and I'm quite happy i chose not to. Not only that, I've observed that powerleveling actually comes with some pretty bad disadvantages imo. thoughts below:

Why its bad for you

1. You skip every quest/activity in the game which breaks the monotony and offers contribution points a very important currency and increased inventory space.
  2. You're gonna live with a puny inventory which means that you're either gonna live with it until 50 or pay cash to increase your inventory from the get go.
  3. Returning back to quest to low lvl zones you will meet absolutely no challenge and this will follow you until you finish the main quest/side quests, thus negating every possible risk/reward in the game.
  4. You will be a target to ganking throughout the whole time you quest, past lvl 45
  5. Gpvp will take time to mature, until enough people are max-lvl/gear. Until then, why rush it? Are you planning to be an outlaw?
  6. Gear is not level locked. I have a Yuria sword and the full agerian set at lvl 28. Rushing to lvl 50 for gear is pointless.

Why its bad for others around you

1. Monster XP/loot is based on damage contribution. I cannot count how manyHigher level people have proceeded to 1 shot every monster in the area, almost preventing others from lvling. Starting from lvl 1 areas, a lvl 50 will be the new character's worst nightmare.

The choice is ultimately yours but I'd strongly recommend that you take your time and experience all the activities the game has to offer. By the time you're 50, you'd have mastered the game itself and not just some number.

The Camo outfit solves any of your troubles. Im in a guild that is hefty involved in GvG and all the time Ive been doing low Level quests they let me be as they cant tell who i am, ill only appear red if they attack me.

Secondly getting to 50 asap is good as you can start working on your dailies and weekly to slowly build up a good base of blackstones.

Posted

Everyone has their play style, they can do what they want, but the way I see you HAVE to do the quests for the contribution,you gonna be a shit ton more bored doing quests 20 levels below you than quests that actually give you some kind of a challenge.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BDO is a game that allows many kinds of playstyles and activities. Throughout my leveling experience up to lvl 28 i contemplated whether i should powerlevel or not and I'm quite happy i chose not to. Not only that, I've observed that powerleveling actually comes with some pretty bad disadvantages imo. thoughts below:

Why its bad for you

1. You skip every quest/activity in the game which breaks the monotony and offers contribution points a very important currency and increased inventory space.
  2. You're gonna live with a puny inventory which means that you're either gonna live with it until 50 or pay cash to increase your inventory from the get go.
  3. Returning back to quest to low lvl zones you will meet absolutely no challenge and this will follow you until you finish the main quest/side quests, thus negating every possible risk/reward in the game.
  4. You will be a target to ganking throughout the whole time you quest, past lvl 45
  5. Gpvp will take time to mature, until enough people are max-lvl/gear. Until then, why rush it? Are you planning to be an outlaw?
  6. Gear is not level locked. I have a Yuria sword and the full agerian set at lvl 28. Rushing to lvl 50 for gear is pointless.

Why its bad for others around you

1. Monster XP/loot is based on damage contribution. I cannot count how manyHigher level people have proceeded to 1 shot every monster in the area, almost preventing others from lvling. Starting from lvl 1 areas, a lvl 50 will be the new character's worst nightmare.

The choice is ultimately yours but I'd strongly recommend that you take your time and experience all the activities the game has to offer. By the time you're 50, you'd have mastered the game itself and not just some number.

This is the best post I've read in a while. Exactly this! Not only - as a fairly new player to BDO - I was surprised there is actually a ton of content in game (contrary to the popular belief spread on this forum and others that the game is only a grind to 50 and then pk-ing), but I can't possibly understand why anyone would like to skip all of this only to grind thousands and thousands mobs in one place for days... And THEN come back when the content is trivial... How boring is THAT?

I think someone (maybe even Daum) should inform all the players, especially new ones, how rich and vibrant the world and content of BDO is. And that doing quests is not only the best possible way to learn the game (as every aspect of BDO is showed through quests), but also usually quite fun. There is even a lot of lore to follow if you're interested. 

Edited by athreus
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I rushed to 50 and I'm +15 weapon and +10 armor already, didn't waste my time with questing or anything except for when I went back and finished all the bag slot quests, and I've been GvGing and just random PKing for the past 3 days, and it's been a blast. Most fun I've had in an MMORPG for a while. Speak for yourself OP, grinding and getting to 50 as fast as possible was better for me.

That being said I wouldn't recommend it to most people. To people who are new to the game I would at least recommend full questing until Heidel. I played KR so I know a lot more about the game, but the quests up to Heidel serve as a great tutorial for a BDO beginner.

Edited by Jonn
1 person likes this

Posted

If you feel that by expressing my opinion I am pushing you or other people to play the game the way I want, then you need counseling, no offence. 

You're not just expressing an opinion though are you? You're telling other people that what they're doing is 'wrong'. I mean, it's in your own thread title: Why rushing to 50 is bad for you and other people

Can't be that hard to comprehend, surely. If it's difficult for you then maybe you lack perspective and need counselling, no offence.

Posted (edited)

I find both views just fine to be honest.

Myself having only played CBT2 and being a new player i take my time, doing quests etc..I am only lvl 26 at the moment. This pace helps me understand the game and learn gradually all the systems involving the gameplay. On the other hand though there are people who have been playing in KR\RU and i can understand why they want to just grind fast to lvl 50 and proceed from there. Also there are people who want to be really competitive since day 1. They want to get to 50 as fast as possible and enjoy the pvp there, climb the ranks ladder, grind for BiS gear.

The thing is that none of the above playstyles hurts me.I personally am having a blast, for me BDO is one of the best(if not the best) MMO i've played the last decade.Also it is easy to find likely-minded people to group with, where it be for power-levelling grind, questing, crafting or whatever else.

Everyone can enjoy the game at his own pace and on his own rules. This is what is the amazing thing about BDO. :)

Edited by Vitorius
4 people like this

Posted

You're not just expressing an opinion though are you? You're telling other people that what they're doing is 'wrong'. I mean, it's in your own thread title: Why rushing to 50 is bad for you and other people

Can't be that hard to comprehend, surely. If it's difficult for you then maybe you lack perspective and need counselling, no offence.

but, if "Why rushing to 50 is bad for you and other people" is not my opinion then whose is it? Or should i add: My opinion is...before the title? See where i'm getting at? Lets not play with words, shall we?

1 person likes this

Posted

but, if "Why rushing to 50 is bad for you and other people" is not my opinion then whose is it? Or should i add: My opinion is...before the title? See where i'm getting at? Lets not play with words, shall we?

Ok you're actually just braindead and either didn't read or didn't understand what I was saying.

Posted (edited)

Do just one thing.

Never ever come here and cry about a lack of content when pvp doesn't quench your thirst anymore. Please just uninstall the game and go quietly.

Why would I complain about that? "Content" means PvE and that is irrelevant to me. The people who complain about this are usually PvEers who get bored but lack the self awareness to understand that it's because PvE is designed to feel rewarding but actually isn't, leaving them with an empty feeling that they believe that more PvE content will fill. As for me, when the things I like in a game don't quench my thirst anymore, I just stop playing that game instead of forcing myself to find reasons to continue playing it.

But I don't intentionally refrain myself from enjoying it fully to "'make it last longer", this is a waste of time that I could use doing other things that I actually enjoy.

Im not quiet sure what your issue here is.

I am PVPer myself and I have alot of characters lv 55+ and each and every single person that asks me 'should I rush lv 50 or finish story/blackspirit quest' I absolutely advise to do these quests. Not only do they give you bag space, energy and contribution (which ALL you will NEED and lack even if you finish majority of the quests) they also give you upgrade items that will come in handy if youre going for +15 above gear. 

Rushing level 50 brings you NOTHING if you do not catch up the quests. You will lack contribution, you cant buy houses, warehouse slots, you cant connect nodes for workers, you cant craft or anything without contribution.

You will lack energy, how are you gonna level nodes? how are you gonna check secret shop? gathering? worldchat? how are you gonna make an income if youve skipped over everything? 

In the long run you will need to catch up all those quests or you will be behind everyone else who didnt rush to level 50 because they atleast went to make the key quests after that, like every person who rushes level 50 actually should do. Black spirit quests and story quests starting in Olivia town.

You CAN skip out on all the quests but it will come at a great great disadvantage later on, you might not notice it now, but you definitely will once all the persons catched up the quests and your ''pvp'' is being 2 shot because they are advancing their gear on a quick pace thanks to using all the methods of making money and you will only be able to grind the same mobs that you can right now.

So. even if you wish to ''rush'' level 50, which imo is useless unless you badly want to be #1 on the server and want to proof how fast you can grind you still afterwards should do all the quests that you have missed out on. The energy and contribution system of BDO is a very very important system which is why so many people advise you to make alts aswell for higher energy. You will notice soon enough.

Even if quests are boring - yes they are, but all the things they get you is worth it, and honestly there are some really fun quests besides the storyline which has the story of bdo and tons of cinematics and minigames you will have to play throughout the journey.

Edit:

Ive just seen people say '''You dont need inventory space to grind'' are you serious? even if im using a value pack and I have 70 slots on my bag I will ALWAYS run out of inventory space OR be overweight. 

Also, this is my current Energy (second bar) and Contribution (third bar) pool and Im running low on both. All the time, that with all quests finished up to Media.

Screenshot_8.png

I don't care about most of the game. I don't care about crafting, I don't care about fishing, I don't care about PvE, I don't care about housing, and I certainly don't care about grinding contribution points. That's because those things are designed to fulfill urges that are much better served by other hobbies than video games.

Unlike a lot of people I now exactly what I want from an MMO and I know that those things aren't it. I don't have this stupid completionist mindset where people seem to consider that they must do everything in a game just because they paid for it, regardless of whether they truly enjoy it. That's the sunk cost fallacy and it's a dumb, counter productive thing that I do my best to keep from falling prey to.

It does mean that only a relatively small part of the game interest me. So I can either focus on it and have fun with it quickly and be done with the game quickly, or I could intentionally dilute it into things I don't enjoy (such as questing) to make me play longer. Except in the end I'd have wasted more time on something that is less fun to me. That would be a stupid thing to do.

I can't possibly understand why anyone would like to skip all of this only to grind thousands and thousands mobs in one place for days... And THEN come back when the content is trivial... How boring is THAT?

PvE is always trivial. The only thing that changes is how long it takes to complete it. It is a widespread disease among MMO players to confuse "tedious" with "challenging". The fact that those games are literally designed to promote this confusion isn't helping either.

Edited by Eleris

Posted

The people that are rushing don't understand how the game works... and in way more serious ways than other MMOs

No, its OP who is in the wrong here. It makes me claw my eyes out when i keep reading these single player carebear mentality. This game has pvp endgame so people tend to be rly competitive and not dwell on some quests for bagspace or cp's. One can just pick up a few inbetweem MORE IMPORTANT things like quildquests, boss scrolls, etc

MORE IMPORTANT as in get better gear

PVP = LEVEL > GEAR > SKILL

Haha, you won't get anywhere in PvP without strong node presence. Good luck without contribution points!

Posted

Fuck off. You can play your way, I can play my way, and there's nothing wrong with either style. 

Why you telling him to fk off then? :>

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know about you guys but.........

People paid for this game with their own money, how about you leave them alone and let them play however they want to play? BDO is an mmorpg, if you can't accept the fact that some decisions other players make will affect your gameplay then I suggest you go and buy Metal Gear Solid V and play single player. Just my 2 cents!! <3 No hate, all love. Don't be ignorant.

1 person likes this

Posted

I honestly dont see the problem with rushing to 50. If your able to come back and do ALL the quest, then whats the difference? How I have been going about it is as i come accross a ? mark, I talk to them to gain knowledge, then go about my way to go lvl at the approiate lvl range to continue my "quest" to getting to 50. I dont feel any lack of knowledge anywhere, im currently lvl 28 too. To each his own i guess. 

Posted (edited)

The people that are rushing don't understand how the game works... and in way more serious ways than other MMOs

Haha, you won't get anywhere in PvP without strong node presence. Good luck without contribution points!

already 2x +15 armor and +10weap. Pls tell me more about your great advice 

Ps I have 12 cp's

Edited by MoZex

Posted (edited)

Everyone has their play style, they can do what they want, but the way I see you HAVE to do the quests for the contribution,you gonna be a shit ton more bored doing quests 20 levels below you than quests that actually give you some kind of a challenge.

You can also do the Calpheon daily route and the mansha/rhutum dailies. I have 60 contribution and I haven't done anything but the black spirit and bag quests.

Edited by Jonn

Posted

People can play how they'd like IMO... As someone who has played MMO's for a long time I find myself in the middle these day's. I don't have the urge to hit max level within a few day's anymore, but also do not like feeling like I'm behind. This MMO has a lot to explore and figure out so for the average player it would be best to go at a steady pace so they can learn and enjoy the game.

Some like to hit max level and be the first for this or that or so they can PvP. It's totally up to the player,

1 person likes this

Posted

We all have different taste. I enjoy running around gathering ingredients and cooking, other people would be bored to death with that. 

Posted

already 2x +15 armor and +10weap. Pls tell me more about your great advice 

Ps I have 12 cp's

so you have gear that in oh 2 weeks will just be the norm OH MY HOW IMPRESSIVE

not in two weeks all the time you spent other more intelligent players have been building up the nodes, and getting CP to make fortunes while you are going to be poor. fun fact blackstones may seem profitable now, but as soon as more people reach max level their value is going to crash. then any player who has CP/energy can easily just buy the black stones needed, where as you have to grind for even 1, becuese LOL I'M TO POOR, BECUESE I WAS A MORON AND DIDN'T THINK THINGS THRUE.

GG see you when you are begging for silver.

Posted

Yeez some people rly lack intelligence but w/e i just smile when they get on wrong side of my staff

Posted

Why you telling him to fk off then? :>

people get mad when you don't agree with their opinion. In both long paragraphs they threw out small insults as to why the others play style is "dumb" and they're not a real "gamer" they need to just hit the ignore button on each other and go enjoy the game the way they like it.

2 people like this

Posted

so you have gear that in oh 2 weeks will just be the norm OH MY HOW IMPRESSIVE

not in two weeks all the time you spent other more intelligent players have been building up the nodes, and getting CP to make fortunes while you are going to be poor. fun fact blackstones may seem profitable now, but as soon as more people reach max level their value is going to crash. then any player who has CP/energy can easily just buy the black stones needed, where as you have to grind for even 1, becuese LOL I'M TO POOR, BECUESE I WAS A MORON AND DIDN'T THINK THINGS THRUE.

GG see you when you are begging for silver.

If that's what you want to tell yourself.

1 person likes this

Posted

In the little time I get to play BDO, I have reached a grand level of 12 and I'm thoroughly enjoying just wondering, fishing and exploring. Will be take things incredibly slowly :P

Posted

Or you can get to 50 and go back and do all that stuff that wasn't along the way much faster than you otherwise would have and have a huge economic advantage to getting the various other activities going compared to people going slowly and doing as they go.

Posted

In the little time I get to play BDO, I have reached a grand level of 12 and I'm thoroughly enjoying just wondering, fishing and exploring. Will be take things incredibly slowly :P

Don't rush man,play at your own pace.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well thanks to you carebares I have to if I want any ounce of PvP. I'd prefer to take things slow but PvE only is beyond boring, so thanks.