• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Drop items on death ? (PVP)

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been trying to google the **** out of this question but can't seem to find a freaking answer. If you kill someone in BDO open world pvp, do you recieve the loot of the person you killed ? Or i could actually phrase the question this way: If you die in open pvp will you lose all of your items ? / part of your items ? / lose something else than items ? lose nothing at all ? I'd appreciate an answer very much :)

Edited by Temaca

Posted

No, they remove this a while back, which sucks =/

Posted

It would be ridiculous to lose stuff, especially any equipment, since it takes freakishly long to evolve your gear. Full loot PK would only make sense if gear was disposable or at least semi-disposable. If you were looking for a real sandbox type of game, well, they did not make one, and made over a dozen different design decisions that makes such a sandbox utterly impossible. So, there you go.

Posted

I would assume you lose crystals still?   Crystals, XP, and I've dropped coins (ancient/bronze).  These are on PvE death though.  A <critical> mob hit me so hard i'm pretty sure I delvl'd 3 levels.  It was like a yard sale of crystals that broke and items dropped, I got knocked the f out!

Posted

You lose nothing. And whoever killed you gets utterly punished.

Posted

You lose nothing. And whoever killed you gets utterly punished.

Does the killer gain anything?

Posted

The only time you drop something is i you die from npcs.

Posted

a karma hit, negative status effects, high brake chance on your stuff in death, hostility of guards, atm there is no actual reward or perk to owpvp apart from for the fun of it.

Posted

Animosity is the real reward, yet sadly is the only one.

Posted

I wish full loot was possible.

Posted

What about rules for guild wars? Are they same?

Posted

Man they need to add an area so next to a town where we all sit like we in some Diablo II sh** waiting for the one dude to step out and get insta merc'd

Posted

I would't mind even partial loot like hell they can keep their weapons and armor bc I guess I'm a nice guy. But shit, give me your cash or something. Godbless

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Aside from punishment, there is no reward for the killer.

I would't mind even partial loot like hell they can keep their weapons and armor bc I guess I'm a nice guy. But shit, give me your cash or something. Godbless

I agree. I love inventory loot. Equipped stuff can stay.
You know, that would make bots and farmers that stay 24/7 in a farming spot a gold mine. People would have to simply bank their items and they would lose nothing upon death. But staying too long out there with your farmed stuff would be dangerous.

Edited by Salbe

Posted (edited)

Yeah I do wish they would add drops from inventory and have poor karma just increase the liklihood of your crystals to break and the silver value of what you drop. Then again, open world pvp would just lend itself more to ganking by using the stupid ghillie suit to hide near daily npc's and killing players while they're in convo with the npc, which seems to happen fairly frequently anyway. Personally, I think that ghillie suit is really a stupid thing to have in the game, but v0v

Edited by Anapathy

Posted (edited)

What they should do is have you lose silver.  Say 150K per death.  No silver on you, then you should drop 1 blackstone, no blackstone, then all your inventory including everying in your house and bank and all your alts... because you know, your a loser, oh and all your horses should die.

Edited by Gibbed

Posted

I've killed once an AFK fisher and he looted 3 fish.

Posted

It would be ridiculous to lose stuff, especially any equipment, since it takes freakishly long to evolve your gear. Full loot PK would only make sense if gear was disposable or at least semi-disposable. If you were looking for a real sandbox type of game, well, they did not make one, and made over a dozen different design decisions that makes such a sandbox utterly impossible. So, there you go.

if gear had less impact on pvp it wouldn't really matter to lose your gear

Posted

You have a chance to lose trade items on death + you lose 1% exp // and I have actually broke a luck gem on death (PK'd) before (but that was once out of 23434 deaths I have had)

Posted

if you get killed by and pk'er you loose XP, a gem can break but its unluckly and you can loose tradeitems like ancient coins or fishes or these tradeitems everywhere is dropping. If you would have a tradepack on your pack that can drop aswell (but not from your tradewagon for example)

So the only thing pk'er can get is rage from the pk'd ppl, maybe a tradeitem but alot of -karma and if they have bad karma alot of penalties like more chance to break gems or even degrade of their armor on death ^^

Posted (edited)

All of you are talking as if the you get hit so hard just for killing someone. Like what? Quit exaggerating, to get that karma back from killing someone only takes about 15mins.

Edited by Flak

Posted

if you get killed by and pk'er you loose XP, a gem can break but its unluckly and you can loose tradeitems like ancient coins or fishes or these tradeitems everywhere is dropping. If you would have a tradepack on your pack that can drop aswell (but not from your tradewagon for example)

So the only thing pk'er can get is rage from the pk'd ppl, maybe a tradeitem but alot of -karma and if they have bad karma alot of penalties like more chance to break gems or even degrade of their armor on death ^^

Destroyed a war target's wagon and looted two trade items from it.

Posted

Destroyed a war target's wagon and looted two trade items from it.

war is another story as far as i know BUT i never heard about losing normal tradeitems if someone comes by and pk's your wagon and if you search on the forum all there is is "if he destroys your wagon just go and repair it at the stable guy you dont lose anything".

Maybe at a guildwar it is another thing. i dont know, never had guildwar while be on a wagon. And 2 tradeitems or 2 tradepacks from the wagon? because i only said tradepacks.

Posted

And 2 tradeitems or 2 tradepacks from the wagon? because i only said tradepacks.

Dunno what a "trade pack" is. I looted 2 Iliya Salt Pots.

Posted

tradepack are the items you get on your back if you buy it from traders ^^ but looks like they were tradepacks. Maybe war is rly different then. ^^