• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

the quest Chief of Velia

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I cant find the quest, i want the fisher clothes but i find i have to do this quest first and i cant find the quest at the Npc Igor Bartail, do i miss something? someone can tell me.

Posted

Open your questwindow (O) and make sure the "All" icon i ticked, otherwhise you'll miss out on quests like these.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Same here, looks like I finished 1 part of the original 4 part quest but then advanced without returning to Olivia.  Now the quest series is bumped off my log.  This means that the Black Spirit won't let me advance into the crafting, fishing, cooking quests.  How can I regain this quest?

Edited by Roqulaire

Posted

I'm having the exact same issue. The Black Spirit tells me that I must complete the "Chief of Velia" quest.

• Fishing skills is currently Apprentice 10.
  • I have the all quest types selected.
  • I have completed all quests in Olvia and Velia.
  • My amity with the "Chief of Velia" (Igor) is 500.

I don't know what else to do!

Posted (edited)

Hi

Sorry misread the question.

Edited by Mike Hawthorne

Posted

Hi all, I had this problem too (could not find the Chief of Velia quest), and this is how it worked for me: Try Speaking to Abelin (NPC at Velia Wharf). I got a quest off this guy and then followed the chain, which ended with me getting the costume.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea, a lot of quests in Velia are chained together to open others seemingly unrelated. I skipped briefly through there and went to Heidel following the Black Spirit ones while neglecting those. Now I am back in Velia doing most all of them because they are the openings to further progression in the professions so I find it best to do them all to where they lead within that area. Then eventually they point you further on to Heidel for more advancement.

Yea, a lot of quests in Velia are chained together to open others seemingly unrelated. I skipped briefly through there and went to Heidel following the Black Spirit ones while neglecting those. Now I am back in Velia doing most all of them because they are the openings to further progression in the professions so I find it best to do them all to where they lead within that area. Then eventually they point you further on to Heidel for more advancement.

Posted

So, I have the fishing outfit. I've done alot for the Chief in Velia. I don't specifically remember that quest name, but I did do quests that led me to the outfit but when I talk to the spirit and select fishing guide he tells me I have to do the Cheif in Velia quest. Is there something I'm missing or the the black spirit being diffucult ;)

Posted

I'm in the same situation. Nothing helpful from the CMs either when I raised a ticket :-(

Posted

CMs just told me this isn't a bug. I must have done something wrong. WTF!?! Seriously, I completed Chief of Velia before leaving Velia for Heidel. Now it's telling me I need to complete Chief of Velia. How is that not a bug?

Posted

you just forget to do the following questchain completely. there is a quest where you should talk to a girl in the harbour area. thats the fisher quest chain.

Posted

Is he the guy who sits outside the inn?

Posted

I think this needs all the basic crafting/gathering etc, sure I did it the NA server that way - but on the EU like everyone here its bugged ... will update once ive gone through it all ;)

Posted

if I'm not mistaken, the specific mission you need to do is the one that gives a donkey, and go all the way through claiming it. discarding the token without claiming the donkey causes problems. also you need to do the quest to get enough amity with one of the vendors and activate her buff.

there is an alternate questline in western guard camp that you can do instead, might back up and see if that works for you.

Posted

Open your questwindow (O) and make sure the "All" icon i ticked, otherwhise you'll miss out on quests like these.

when I try that I get a message that I have to be at level 20 to change preferred quest type.

Posted

when I try that I get a message that I have to be at level 20 to change preferred quest type.

Level up first then x)

Posted

Level up first then ...

doh! I never thought of that! 😜