• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Error 12005

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ok so ive been trying to download Black Desert for a while but i keep getting this error all day now and ive been trying to fix it but nothing works i have tried doing this

• Disable antivirus
  • Disable firewall
  • If using Wifi connection, switch to wired connection if possible
  • Turn off any VPN or ping booster
  • Power cycle modem/router
  • Make sure your router is not blocking the ports 8888 or 8889

but none of these have fixed the problem.

Could somebody help me with this

Edited by SnakeDesu

Posted

I've got the same problem, nothing has worked so far.

Someone help!

Posted

Same problem here as well, been downloading the game for about 9 hours now, only at 60% currently. Every time I restart the download it loads back up to 60% and right now it says I'm DLing at 24.42mbps, but I'm clearly not as it's actually DLing much slower, only going up a couple mb every few minutes until it inevitably crashes on me. It's taken me probably an hour and a half to download from 18GB to 19.28GB, which is what I'm currently sitting at.

Posted

Same problem - with an occasional download error 12005 thrown in... It has taken 4 hours to go from 54% to 58%.

Posted

Yea same thinghere takes me about 5hrs to get to 67% then this 12005 error shows up and closes it .-. Someone please help.

Posted

Same here, at 62% i get error 12005

Posted

Bought the game early saturday morning and have been trying to download it since then.Haven't got past 40% yet.

Posted (edited)

I get the same error everytime, (12005)  just below or over 50%.
- Redownloaded the installer
- Recreated the game folder ( on D:\Black Desert Online )
- Run as Administrator
- switched from Wireless to ethernet cable
- disabled anti-virus software

And everytime the error occured, my connection to the local network and internet was disconnected. when i close the error message the connection is restored.

edit: I updatet my OS (Windows 10) and rechecked for pending updates, rebooted my system.
im now at 80% without the error occuring.

edit 2: rebooting and updating the OS (Windows 10) fixed it for me!
I guess you cannot do certain things, like installing this game, while updates are pending.

Edited by Vamaris

Posted

edit: I updatet my OS (Windows 10) and rechecked for pending updates, rebooted my system.
im now at 80% without the error occuring.

edit 2: rebooting and updating the OS (Windows 10) fixed it for me!
I guess you cannot do certain things, like installing this game, while updates are pending.

Worked for me as well!

Posted (edited)

I am having the same problem, constant 12005 error code messages. Have been trying to DL for over 12 hours and I am only about 80 percent finished. I've done what you guys suggested, ie. restarting comp, updating windows 10... it hasn't helped.

Edited by Bucnakhan
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am having same problem as well.

Using Windows 10 Home v.1511
with AMD FX9370, 8GM RAM, and ATi Radeon R7 200.

Updated OS already. There is no antivirus installed.

Crashed me first at 53%. Then deleted the program and reinstalled it. Now crashed at 11%

T_T

EDIT: I did nothing special, but now has been installed.

Edited by Zakyamuni

Posted

Hi! 

I installed the game few weeks ago, worked for me, but had to format my pc, for some other reasons.

Now I was trying to reisntall the game, but threw the error code 12005, every time, when I was at 8%.

Than I was just checking some other stuff on my laptop and I saw, that only one disc, the (SSD) is available in "My Computer" I have 2nd HDD for films and big docs and it 

wasn't available.  Then I made HDD format, and now download keeps going, already at 10%.

So this was the solution for me.

....::::How to format 2nd HDD::::....

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-32218-2nd-sata-hard-drive-not-shown-on-my-computer

Posted

I know this post is old, but its the only info i found after experience the error for 1 week, I found a solution, I changed my DNS server to google DNS public server. Hope this help others. But also experience a lot of connection problems are responsability of our ISP or Black desert ISP more than our computers.

Posted

I've had this game since the day it came out and I just gave up on trying to get it to work. I figured they would have patched their game by now, but as you can see I'm back on the forums searching for a way to fix it, because I still want to play this game believe it or not. Almost every single person seems to have their own fix for it, and none of them work for me. Has there been ANY new leads on how to get this to work. They have already denied me a refund.

Posted

Also try to registry clean up after win update or new luncher instal/del game. Works for me.

Posted

Has anyone found a reliable fix? I've had this issue all day.

Posted

Same here, I try to update and sneak into after 6 month of absence

Error 12005 whole day.... ridiculous 

Posted

Me too.

Posted

I'm experiencing the same problem...can't seem to find a fix on the internet.
I'm wondering, are you guys experiencing a drop in download speed as well? My download speed starts at around 30-50 mega/second, it then drops to a ridiculous low and after a while, the error message pops up.

Anyone found a reliable solution yet?

Posted

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times now. Can't seem to even get the download started before I get a client crash.