• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Suggested re-build @ 45?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Pumped that I finally got my level 45 full respec, going to scour the forums more and look for opinions but anyone have a solid guide or build for what to build into for "endgame" farming and also being more viable in PvP if necessary? (I levelled being a BIG fan of purely the lightnings, never used fireball, meteor, explosion, or anything else besides lightning and the heals/dash/tp)

Posted

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6072 This is the build i'm planning to use in lvl 50, maybe you can get inspiration from this build and build your own based on this. Of course you don't need to build exactly this build, this build just fits my playstyle. You'll need lvl 50 for that build, and 494 skill points, and as the soft cap is at 500, it's not that hard to get that amount.

Posted

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6072 This is the build i'm planning to use in lvl 50, maybe you can get inspiration from this build and build your own based on this. Of course you don't need to build exactly this build, this build just fits my playstyle. You'll need lvl 50 for that build, and 494 skill points, and as the soft cap is at 500, it's not that hard to get that amount.

but but, magic shield is really important for pvp :(

Posted

Residual Lightning is your bread and butter nuke.  It should always be maxed on every build.  Lightning isn't bad to level up, but honestly it doesn't really get exponentially better like other things so I avoid putting points into it early on (will be maxed by 500).

Fireball and Fireball Explosion are great as either lead ins for Lightning -> Residual or as finishers after Residual.  This is because in both cases both Lightning and Fireball/Explosion take advantage of "Downed" state which both Residual and Fireball/Explosion also create.  So really this is either your 1 or 2 in the 1-2 punch combo and shouldn't be skipped.  Both Fireball (more targets) and Explosion (more hits) are great to level up.

Magic Arrow line is huge for 50+ when you're fighting targets with a lot of single target health like bosses or players.  Multiple Magic Arrows is great in this scenario and should be gotten as it's a truckload of instant 100% crit damage.  Between (Multiple) Magic Arrow , Fireball, and Residual Lightning I think that accounts for 90% of what I do in fights at 50.

Lightning Chain and Lightning Storm I used a lot but in KR but honestly just isn't as good as Residual + Fireball combos.  Chain is more important to level than Storm cause of the extra pulses and targets which is handy when you awaken it for mana on hit (not to be confused with mana regen on hit).  I had to choose points to spend, and these just didn't get them and I haven't regret it.

Healing Aura restores 20% mana and 20% healing on a 10 second cool down almost instantaneously.  It's amazing and basically you should almost never use potions if you spam it on cool down.  Healing Lighthouse is much tougher to use with the 3 second pulse, but later on it's ability to heal for full (30%/30%/30%) is pretty damn great too if you're going for the minimizing potions route but is largely optional with Healing Aura maxed.

Absorb mana maxed out is pretty great, at 45 it completely refills my 900+ mana.  I put 2 into Teleport for the extra distance.  I maxed out Evasion because I use it all the time and stay pretty close.  150 stamina evades with 1600 Stamina is evades for days.  Everything else I have (speed spell, meteor, blizzard, earthquake, etc) I left at 1 rank.  Only things I haven't put points into are Protect Area and Magic Lighthouse (because taunt seems to not work on bosses).  Mind Training is a luxury, and I already have 4 cast speed.

Essentially:
http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6286

Posted

but but, magic shield is really important for pvp :(

I could also get that for lvl 1 sure :P

Posted

I will prob play like this: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6564

first of all you should know that wizard is more a support class then a DD class. Ofc you can deal a lot of dmg and you also have dmg with this build but its the class that have the most support skills so to help your raid you should skill in this skills. i didnt max the first heal becaus i dont think its worth its 16 skillpoints for only 2% more heal. lets say someone have 1.5k hp then he gets 30 life back and thats not worth 16 points imo. also i think its not worth to put more then 1 point into meteor caus its realy hard to get him out. blizard and the explosion of lightning chain/ thunderbolt is you main dmg, fireball is good but i dont think its as good as the other 3 skills. i only put 1 point into earthquake and i will maybe even take it out becaus i dont think its a good skill. first at all at max it deal less dmg then the first blizzard point, ofc you can say you deal extra dmg based on your mp but thats reduced in pvp so not worth. I maxed teleport becaus its with evasion your only gapcloser/escape skill so its very important.

basicly in raids you will stay behind and heal your raid if needed and if not you will cast your dmg into the enemey raid. you have to time your CD corectly to not waste anything caus the realy good skills have a pretty high CD. Also you have to watch your MP all the time and keep it up with magic shield/mana absorbation and always keep spellbound heart out.

I think wizard is a pretty easy class to play but very hard to master becaus of the lack of movement and the time you have to wait till you get your main dmg back from CD.

lets me know if you would do anything different.

Posted

Residual Lightning is your bread and butter nuke.  It should always be maxed on every build.  Lightning isn't bad to level up, but honestly it doesn't really get exponentially better like other things so I avoid putting points into it early on (will be maxed by 500).

Fireball and Fireball Explosion are great as either lead ins for Lightning -> Residual or as finishers after Residual.  This is because in both cases both Lightning and Fireball/Explosion take advantage of "Downed" state which both Residual and Fireball/Explosion also create.  So really this is either your 1 or 2 in the 1-2 punch combo and shouldn't be skipped.  Both Fireball (more targets) and Explosion (more hits) are great to level up.

Magic Arrow line is huge for 50+ when you're fighting targets with a lot of single target health like bosses or players.  Multiple Magic Arrows is great in this scenario and should be gotten as it's a truckload of instant 100% crit damage.  Between (Multiple) Magic Arrow , Fireball, and Residual Lightning I think that accounts for 90% of what I do in fights at 50.

Lightning Chain and Lightning Storm I used a lot but in KR but honestly just isn't as good as Residual + Fireball combos.  Chain is more important to level than Storm cause of the extra pulses and targets which is handy when you awaken it for mana on hit (not to be confused with mana regen on hit).  I had to choose points to spend, and these just didn't get them and I haven't regret it.

Healing Aura restores 20% mana and 20% healing on a 10 second cool down almost instantaneously.  It's amazing and basically you should almost never use potions if you spam it on cool down.  Healing Lighthouse is much tougher to use with the 3 second pulse, but later on it's ability to heal for full (30%/30%/30%) is pretty damn great too if you're going for the minimizing potions route but is largely optional with Healing Aura maxed.

Absorb mana maxed out is pretty great, at 45 it completely refills my 900+ mana.  I put 2 into Teleport for the extra distance.  I maxed out Evasion because I use it all the time and stay pretty close.  150 stamina evades with 1600 Stamina is evades for days.  Everything else I have (speed spell, meteor, blizzard, earthquake, etc) I left at 1 rank.  Only things I haven't put points into are Protect Area and Magic Lighthouse (because taunt seems to not work on bosses).  Mind Training is a luxury, and I already have 4 cast speed.

Essentially:
http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6286

My big question: Investing into the Magical Arrow Bunch. I am just not sure about it, 2x432% damage with a 'casttime' does not feel like a good investment of 21 skill points for me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not see how this skills outperforms other choices.

In the end I personally would go with something like this: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6577

I have my 3 cooldowns (Explosion, Thunderstorm, Residue) maxed out which should make farming a breeze while maintaining the points in the supportive abilities. I only dropped the points in the mobility skills. I feel like investing there should be lower priority, I never had problems with not having enough stamina for dodges for 2 reasons: Either I moved far/often enough with the stamina I had or I died before spending all my stamina (in PvP that is) since other classes generally tend to have more mobility anyways.

Also I put points in the passive since I think 5% more overall cast speed is quite strong on a class where almost every single spell benefits from the stat.

Posted

My big question: Investing into the Magical Arrow Bunch. I am just not sure about it, 2x432% damage with a 'casttime' does not feel like a good investment of 21 skill points for me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not see how this skills outperforms other choices.

100% chance to critical hit. So it'll be 2x648% damage. Can damage multiple targets with that. that's why i use it at least.

Posted (edited)

In the end I personally would go with something like this: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/6577

I have my 3 cooldowns (Explosion, Thunderstorm, Residue) maxed out which should make farming a breeze while maintaining the points in the supportive abilities. I only dropped the points in the mobility skills. I feel like investing there should be lower priority, I never had problems with not having enough stamina for dodges for 2 reasons: Either I moved far/often enough with the stamina I had or I died before spending all my stamina (in PvP that is) since other classes generally tend to have more mobility anyways.

Also I put points in the passive since I think 5% more overall cast speed is quite strong on a class where almost every single spell benefits from the stat.

I mean you do you but a large part of my end game is fighting summoned bosses that have truckloads of HP so a 2x432% damage move that's 100% crit rate has proven to be very good and a lot of damage.  It actually has a cast animation but no actual cast time like Fireball/Meteor/etc.

Maybe my gear is just better (90 AP?) but I never get to use Storm.  Ever.  After Residual / Fireball everything is dead.  In the scenarios that things aren't dead, such as bosses, weaving in Absorb Mana/Multiple Magic Arrows/etc fills enough time for Residual to come back up meaning I never actually use Storm.  That experience hasn't changed since leveling as Residual tends to kill 90% of the things and Fireball / Explosion will mop up anything left.  So for me to dump 100's of skill points into Storm seems hugely wasteful since it's a skill I use once in a great while.  Conversely I use mobility all the time.  I don't even want to think about Stamina or Dodges and when you're fighting bosses and literally every move will almost one shot you (or lock you down so then you will be killed in CC) I'd rather be able to dodge 10 times in a row than not.

Cast Speed is great, but it's 0.5% and the amounts don't stack up.

Edited by Kodiak

Posted

I mean you do you but a large part of my end game is fighting summoned bosses that have truckloads of HP so a 2x432% damage move that's 100% crit rate has proven to be very good and a lot of damage.  It actually has a cast animation but no actual cast time like Fireball/Meteor/etc.

Maybe my gear is just better (90 AP?) but I never get to use Storm.  Ever.  After Residual / Fireball everything is dead.  In the scenarios that things aren't dead, such as bosses, weaving in Absorb Mana/Multiple Magic Arrows/etc fills enough time for Residual to come back up meaning I never actually use Storm.  That experience hasn't changed since leveling as Residual tends to kill 90% of the things and Fireball / Explosion will mop up anything left.  So for me to dump 100's of skill points into Storm seems hugely wasteful since it's a skill I use once in a great while.  Conversely I use mobility all the time.  I don't even want to think about Stamina or Dodges and when you're fighting bosses and literally every move will almost one shot you (or lock you down so then you will be killed in CC) I'd rather be able to dodge 10 times in a row than not.

Cast Speed is great, but it's 0.5% and the amounts don't stack up.

Great tips really, but I have one question. How is it possible I read different things about the +0,5% casting speed? Some people say it stacks, others say it doesn't (why wouldn't it stack?). Has anyone actually ever tested it?

Posted

Great tips really, but I have one question. How is it possible I read different things about the +0,5% casting speed? Some people say it stacks, others say it doesn't (why wouldn't it stack?). Has anyone actually ever tested it?

While I want to believe they stack, because honestly the design is ridiculous if they don't, what you're looking at amounts to 6% additional cast speed for roughly 36 points.  From what I've read, a single +1 Cast Speed boost is 20% alone and when you have 5/5 Cast Speed it's largely irrelevant to have 6% more unless it's multiplicative.  Generally speaking however there's not much data to prove one way or another, so most builds avoid it entirely as it's benefit is questionable and when skill points start getting tight (500+) you don't got points for questionable skills.  If we had access to skill timers, or some kinda cast speed % stat on the character screen, we could more concretely examine the benefit but as it stands you're left with some people who spec into it cause they think it doesn't stack (and/or is insignificant) or people who claim it's the best use of points ever.

Until someone can, verifiably, show the actual net benefit I'm going to put points elsewhere.

1 person likes this

Posted

While I want to believe they stack, because honestly the design is ridiculous if they don't, what you're looking at amounts to 6% additional cast speed for roughly 36 points.  From what I've read, a single +1 Cast Speed boost is 20% alone and when you have 5/5 Cast Speed it's largely irrelevant to have 6% more unless it's multiplicative.  Generally speaking however there's not much data to prove one way or another, so most builds avoid it entirely as it's benefit is questionable and when skill points start getting tight (500+) you don't got points for questionable skills.  If we had access to skill timers, or some kinda cast speed % stat on the character screen, we could more concretely examine the benefit but as it stands you're left with some people who spec into it cause they think it doesn't stack (and/or is insignificant) or people who claim it's the best use of points ever.

Until someone can, verifiably, show the actual net benefit I'm going to put points elsewhere.

If you are talking about the stat under your profile window (P) when saying that +1 Cast Speed equals 20% you are wrong.

1 cast-speed point equals 4%, so you can get a maximum of 20% by having it maxed out at 5. The Buff is added onto this, I do not know if it is multiplicative or additive though.

I will test it (+ the question if the passive stacks) when I am back from work today, you can expect an answer in ~10 hours ;)

Posted

If you are talking about the stat under your profile window (P) when saying that +1 Cast Speed equals 20% you are wrong.

1 cast-speed point equals 4%, so you can get a maximum of 20% by having it maxed out at 5. The Buff is added onto this, I do not know if it is multiplicative or additive though.

I will test it (+ the question if the passive stacks) when I am back from work today, you can expect an answer in ~10 hours ;)

That would be great, let us know!