• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Report idiom racism in chat

153 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Seems like it's working! Thanks for playing friend!

Your reading and deduction abilities are on really low level. Maybe you should focus on some IQ improvements now. It will help you more than 6th language.

Edited by Rebi

Posted

Your reading and deduction abilities are on really low level. Maybe you should have focus on some IQ improvements now. It will help you more than 6th language.

You said you block 50 people a day, sounds like the blocking function is working to me friend. 

Posted

You said you block 50 people a day, sounds like the blocking function is working to me friend. 

And then i explained you why it doesn't work good in order to remove trash languages from the chat.

More you post, more you prove that I am right about your poor abilities to read. You have weird tendention to ignore some of the sentences and making the point with quoting only half of the things that are written.

Posted

And then i explained you why it doesn't work good in order to remove trash languages from the chat.

You're still blocking people, so the function is serving it's purpose. Just because YOU think people speaking different languages is trash doesn't mean Daum or the rest of the community agree. Don't like it? Block them. Simple! :)

Posted

Lack of resources seems to be a big thing the CM/GMS appear to be all french or german from last count I made it 3 germans 3 french and one Irish guy.

Most of these guys are in country related areas french guys in the french forums germans in the german ones etc which makes it appear that one poor irish guys doing the bulk of the work in europe an america (gotta feel sorry for that dude). Now this might not be the case but thats what it looks like when you read through their posts

Couple that with the lack of presence in game and lack of either dedicated channels or rules and regulations. It seems to me the GM/CM's that are french and german although they may speak english need to be doing more to stop incidents from happening

Posted

That's not racist...

Posted (edited)

You're still blocking people, so the function is serving it's purpose. Just because YOU think people speaking different languages is trash doesn't mean Daum or the rest of the community agree. Don't like it? Block them. Simple! :)

It's not, considering that they are thousands people writing in their languages and blocking them all is simply impossible.

Most of english-speaking community thinks the same as me - They are cancer. And Daum even made different channels just for them because they know nobody likes these people. 

If you still don't understand why blocking them all is impossible, I am done. Nobody pays me for getting people out of their imaginary world.

Edited by Rebi

Posted

Okay, now there are a lot of people here who should just take a break and read that :

6.2. Posting Etiquette

• The user shall not post in all capital letters, use excessive punctuation, flamboyant fonts etc. to draw attention to its posts.
  • Using the words Daum, Daum Games, Pearl Abyss or any Daum Games Europe member’s name in a topic title is frowned on.
  • The user shall not use misspelled versions of inappropriate words to circumvent the swear word filter. Doing so shows the User was fully aware of the nature of the word and it will be reflected in any potential penalties.

6.3. Interacting with other users

• Post made with the sole purpose of upsetting or angering other users are not allowed. All posts have to be made in the spirit of mutual respect.
  • The User shall not attack or insult other users for having different opinions or for making statements the User disagrees with. Challenging the opinions or statements of other users is permitted, attacking the person holding them is not. If the User finds the actions of other users in breach of the forum rules, the Report Function should be used in order to bring the case to the attention of the moderator team. The case will then be reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken.
  • The user shall not "name and shame" other users. If a user is suspected to have broken Terms of Service / Terms of Use or taken part in fraudulent activities it should be reported directly to Daum Games Europe by submit a support ticket. 

Please be constructive, languages, whatever the language are meant to communicate, considering the number of insults in here, there are obviously a lot of people on these forums who lack basic communication skills. Respect eachother.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Okay, now there are a lot of people here who should just take a break and read that :

Please be constructive, languages, whatever the language are meant to communicate, considering the number of insults in here, there are obviously a lot of people on these forums who lack basic communication skills. Respect eachother.

Sorry if I lacked basic communication skills :) 

Edited by Le_Flemard
lacked basic communication skills

Posted

I mention lack of CM/GM's and a volunteer shows up? Seems legit..............

text2.thumb.png.4474b8f918a4d363a8948d15

Posted

there are 3 kind of situations in international games like this that do not have specific server or channels for languages:

1. Guy A talks to Guy B in french(for example).....

Solution: What do I care am not involved and if they talk about me its again: what do I care someones talks about me behind my back if he cannot say it to my face.

2. Guy A talks to me in french(for example) without knowing I do not speak french(for example)......

Solution: Hey man I don't speak french can you speak english/whatever may be in common to me instead

3. Guy A talks to me in french(for example) fully knowing I don't speak french(for example)......

Solution: I can't help you if you only talk to french to me bye

Therefore the issue is and will be with people who are too curios for their own good and easily triggered if they do notknow what someone says as they fear they may be talking bad about them because they have issues or whatever

Just gonna quote myself that some people should learn that the world does not revolve around them and that they do not need to understand every single word spoken xD

Posted

I mention lack of CM/GM's and a volunteer shows up? Seems legit..............

I was litteraly just browsing the forums and read the whole thread, nothing to do with you saying anything specific. And about staff members, we've been a few months without any French CM between CM_Oli left and until CM_Tytyes arrived. So saying that most of their staff is either French or German is a false statement.

Apart from that, initial subject was about the game channels and not the forums, I see nothing wrong with the forums, international is in English, I hardly ever come across foreign language threads in international section...

The game itself has English German and French channels plus an international channel, people should not complain/be surprised about seeing a linguistic diversity in international channel.

Everyone isn't fluent in English, I know for a fact that very few people are fluent in English in France for example, I assume there is no reason for it to be different in many other EU countries. When you are not fluent you will most probably go for your question in your mothertongue rather than take several minutes thinking about how to put it. You can't blame all those who don't have a specific channel to talk in their native language to use international.

For German / French using international to talk in their language it's true it would be better using appropriate specific channels. And it would be great to be able to switch quickly between channels for example /i for international /f /d etc.. It would also be great to be able to check more than one channel. I'm always on French one for example but I'd love to also have international and German as well and as it is now I must chose and exclude 2 of them...

1 person likes this

Posted

I was litteraly just browsing the forums and read the whole thread, nothing to do with you saying anything specific. And about staff members, we've been a few months without any French CM between CM_Oli left and until CM_Tytyes arrived. So saying that most of their staff is either French or German is a false statement.

Apart from that, initial subject was about the game channels and not the forums, I see nothing wrong with the forums, international is in English, I hardly ever come across foreign language threads in international section...

The game itself has English German and French channels plus an international channel, people should not complain/be surprised about seeing a linguistic diversity in international channel.

Everyone isn't fluent in English, I know for a fact that very few people are fluent in English in France for example, I assume there is no reason for it to be different in many other EU countries. When you are not fluent you will most probably go for your question in your mothertongue rather than take several minutes thinking about how to put it. You can't blame all those who don't have a specific channel to talk in their native language to use international.

For German / French using international to talk in their language it's true it would be better using appropriate specific channels. And it would be great to be able to switch quickly between channels for example /i for international /f /d etc.. It would also be great to be able to check more than one channel. I'm always on French one for example but I'd love to also have international and German as well and as it is now I must chose and exclude 2 of them...

Thats kinda my point, a lot of the forum and in game teams seems to be either french or german based on the current cm's and the languages and forum posts their monitoring (I could be wrong but that's how it feels) and they naturally seem to comment on things in their own languages (just like you said you do). But when for example a polish guy and a dutch guy speaks it tends to be in english. Now as you say not everyone can have their own channels (that would be anarchy). But as english is the language that most europeans use to communicate with other europeans not from their own countries. Surely the largest amount of time spent by moderators in game and out of it should be dedicated to resolving issues among this demographic?

This way we wouldn't have issues of this kind? 

It just seems that more could be done by either hiring specific people to monitor the international areas and nothing else, or making better use of the current CM/GMs? 

Posted

Your reading and deduction abilities are on really low level. Maybe you should focus on some IQ improvements now. It will help you more than 6th language.

I dont think you should be commenting on anyone's IQ when you haven't realised you can do everyone a big favour and switch you settings to the english channel.

Posted

IMO, you should just block these people and move on. I'm on the NA servers and I see people spouting racism, bigotry, anti feminism, and just about every other terrible thing you can think of. These people are the minority but they still exist. Just block them and move on. Reporting them won't do anything because Daum absolutely will not ban all these people. There are simply far too many paying customers and then there's the whole "freedom of speech thing" to worry about (don't forget, it's easy to disguise an insult as an opinion). Second, even if they did ban them, the people are like a hydra. Cut off one head and two more will take its place. Most would never say this type of stuff IRL but since they are hiding behind screens, its open season and as more people play the game, more of these asshats will pop-up. Just block them and move on. What I'm doing isn't ignoring the problem, it's solving it in a way that is actually effective. Think about it. Look at these large companies and how they treat their employees, etc. Protest all you want but nothing will change. ----- with their money and watch how quickly they respond. This is the same idea it just requires everyone to be on board. If everyone else blocks them, who will they talk to and play with besides the asshats just like them and who cares if a bunch of racist dicks want be racist with each other? While I know that will never actually happen (because most people just don't care about anything that doesn't affect them) it's a much less stressful solution on my part. Block them, move on. Takes like 2 seconds.

Posted

I dont think you should be commenting on anyone's IQ when you haven't realised you can do everyone a big favour and switch you settings to the english channel.

Ok, go and try it. Then speak. 

Posted

The problem isn't that people are getting upset about other languages in the International channel (although if you're playing an MMO, why wouldn't you want to speak to everyone, not just people who speak your own language?), it is seeing nothing but a wall of German or whatever in the English channel. That I have a problem with, because it is intentionally rude. I could sit there and block people all day long...and sometimes do.

Although perhaps the language channels aren't working as intended, who knows? That is entirely possible as well. :/

Posted

Do not you think there should be a best system to report people who gets to insult another for the chat because not speak English? The current system expends a lot of energy

I'm tired of seeing British insulting French people, spanish, etc, because they dont speak English, when it is a European and an international chat server.

There should be a reporting system with screen capture to ban these people, that breaks the good vibes that have chat.

This is a Buy to play game, not Free to play.

2016-03-05_82754751.JPG

sry i no speak baguette.

Posted

Block doesn't work as well as you think. I am adding to my black list 50 people daily. They are more and more. It's just another your shitty argument that is not even correct.

And you even ignored the fact I showed before to try to embarass me? XDD So low. It's not embarassing at all considering that I am learning it everyday and speaking with people to get more practice. From other side, you are just a dumbass who think he is right. Get a brain. 

Ummm you can also use chat filter and filter out German, Spanish, French words which will cause the post to NOT show up. It is a no brainer. I have done it for guild recruitment in all languages.

Posted

Just tell the guy to go back to Sherwood Forest!

Posted

The problem isn't that people are getting upset about other languages in the International channel (although if you're playing an MMO, why wouldn't you want to speak to everyone, not just people who speak your own language?), it is seeing nothing but a wall of German or whatever in the English channel. That I have a problem with, because it is intentionally rude. I could sit there and block people all day long...and sometimes do.

Although perhaps the language channels aren't working as intended, who knows? That is entirely possible as well. :/

I'm sorry, but exactly how is this being rude? We sit and chat walls and walls and walls of text in English. Is it rude because you are unable to speak the language? Then I guess everyone sitting near me on a metro bus or in any public outing is rude because they do not speak English while the use their Tagalog, Mandarin, Hawaiian, Spanish, yada, yada, yada.

I always try to see myself as a visitor, wherever I am. I listen to the languages being spoken and see if I can try to catch glimpses of what is being said. You would be surprised at how open people are if you even try to use several words or a phrase or something in their language. It is the same with people who are unable to hear or speak. I am very conscious about trying to understand and assist them. Just because I am unable to understand sign language, that doesn't mean they are being rude.

This all reminds me of the US attitude in 2k, "You are either with us or against us," or the "My way or the highway." Anymore it seems people are so quick to toss people under the bus because they look 'insert favorite dehumanizing verbage here', sound 'insert favorite dehumanizing verbage here', walk, act, dress, tattoos, hair cuts, piercings, etc. I don't throw fits when I see guys wearing their pants falling down below their ass cheeks. I do wonder how in the hell that works for them and ponder what it is doing to them down the road for their posture. It is none of my business!

I guess what I am trying to say is that, it is okay to not be in total control of your world when it comes to trying to force other people into bending their conscious, beliefs, etc. to fit your agenda, comfort level.

Posted

Ok, go and try it. Then speak. 

Whats your point?

Posted

No offense OP but seriously just grow thicker skin. The world (even virtual ones) is/are full of words that may hurt. Most online are only doing such to illicit such responses as this and really dont mind which nationality you are from. The Internet instills a heightened sense of confidence for conversations that maybe taboo face to face due to the ambiguity that is provided through avatars  asking for more strict protections does nothing but alienates yourself and others while not solving anything.

normally i would troll this type of post myself, but just know most are letting off steam at your expense. Its just a game. Block them and move on

Posted

Why do you even care what people say to you in a video game...I mean come on. Is your self esteem so freaking low that comments from people online actually hurt your feelings? Get a backbone.

I feel sorry for people who care what people online think of them, especially people they don't even know. 

Posted

No offense OP but seriously just grow thicker skin. The world (even virtual ones) is/are full of words that may hurt. Most online are only doing such to illicit such responses as this and really dont mind which nationality you are from. The Internet instills a heightened sense of confidence for conversations that maybe taboo face to face due to the ambiguity that is provided through avatars  asking for more strict protections does nothing but alienates yourself and others while not solving anything.

normally i would troll this type of post myself, but just know most are letting off steam at your expense. Its just a game. Block them and move on

Hey,

growing a thicker skin might be a good idea when using the internet but as you can see in his/her screenshot this is flat out aggressive racism. Such things should not be tolerated, never. We all got some prejudices but some things just cross the line. 

Regards