• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why is our version of the game so old?

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm just a little confused. 

Why did they not use the most current version of the Korean game and develop the versions simultaneously. 

Because as it stands we are missing classes and tons of content but what is more confusing is we may have the upto date class balance but none of the content the balance were based on. 

This isn't a complaint I'm just legitimately confused as to why. 

Edited by DIREWIND

Posted

Time constraints? Planning? Development for like what, 5-7 languages? With voiceovers!? There's a lot of localization that goes into our version of the game that doesn't happen for other versions. Updating multiple regions at once is probably a ton of work. I doubt we'd all be playing right now if they were making our client match the most updated one. We'd probably all still be sitting here twiddling our thumbs in anticipation. Lol imagine if a nasty bug went out on all 4 regions simultaneously.... That shit would suck.

Posted

So what? Korea are no longer getting content? 

I understand what you are saying, but It makes no logical sense to me. 

Give us the same upto date copy as Korea and give us their new content and patches a few months after they receive them

Posted

Because they want us to experience the updates in the same way they experienced them on KR.

Posted

Time constraints? Planning? Development for like what, 5-7 languages? With voiceovers!? There's a lot of localization that goes into our version of the game that doesn't happen for other versions. Updating multiple regions at once is probably a ton of work. I doubt we'd all be playing right now if they were making our client match the most updated one. We'd probably all still be sitting here twiddling our thumbs in anticipation. Lol imagine if a nasty bug went out on all 4 regions simultaneously.... That shit would suck.

CBT1 and 2 had more content than launch. cash shop content, to be specific. we have less costumes and less shit in the cash shop solely for money. the reason why they're holding back is for hype, trickle-releasing to keep the game "fresh", for example seeing how much hype they can generate for blader/ninja NA/EU releases. to be fair, you could technically have ALL the classes right now. But you dont have them because business. look at TV series. people started to like watching them in bulk. technically every TV show could be streamed in bulk but they're not all like that. they like the weekly / seasonal episode release schedule because it generates hype. same thing here. thats why people are mad that daum decided to restrict us so much. when you could see more costumes in cbt than in launch. thats not developmental issues. thats just business.

Posted

It's because they need to localize the patches (i.e. translate the text to English).

Posted

I'm just a little confused. 

Why did they not use the most current version of the Korean game and develop the versions simultaneously. 

Because as it stands we are missing classes and tons of content but what is more confusing is we may have the upto date class balance but none of the content the balance were based on. 

This isn't a complaint I'm just legitimately confused as to why. 

It's all about dat money... but honestly there's ton of stuff already in the game so nothing to worry about and it also helps to hype up the game and maintain a certain population

Posted

CBT1 and 2 had more content than launch. cash shop content, to be specific. we have less costumes and less shit in the cash shop solely for money. the reason why they're holding back is for hype, trickle-releasing to keep the game "fresh", for example seeing how much hype they can generate for blader/ninja NA/EU releases. to be fair, you could technically have ALL the classes right now. But you dont have them because business. look at TV series. people started to like watching them in bulk. technically every TV show could be streamed in bulk but they're not all like that. they like the weekly / seasonal episode release schedule because it generates hype. same thing here. thats why people are mad that daum decided to restrict us so much. when you could see more costumes in cbt than in launch. thats not developmental issues. thats just business.

So... what you're saying is that nothing actually has to be worked on? It's already magically completed just sitting on the PC waiting for it to be patched into our client and that employees of companies only real job is to squash bugs? If even that much? No dude, there is an actual process that goes into moving a game from one region to the next. You can google the very basics of that. Let's not forget that they are actually trying to cater to a different region by adding and removing things that we would or wouldn't like. They've shown many examples of that already.

That TV show bit is inaccurate too. I can't speak for UK/EU since I don't live there, but in the US there's only about 5-6 episodes created in advance including the pilot episode for new shows. Most seasons here have about 22 episodes. A lot of work goes into making TV shows too, more than we're probably aware of. Sure we could watch those initial episodes in bulk, but then after that what do you get? A long waiting period until the next episode is ready and aired. 

It isn't always about Hype. There isn't some magical elf that just delivers the game on a usb drive prime, ripe, and ready to be patched into the game. Someone actually has to work on it. It sounds like all you want is an English patch with acceptable ping. Lol, CBT1 and CBT2 had more cash shop content? CBT1 didn't even have a cash shop, and CBT2 had the same stuff as launch; and even if it doesn't, then it's something that's so negligible that no one cares about it.  Or are you saying there was content that was removed from the full game that was in CBT1 and CBT2? Elaborate, because that sounds like a load of bull. To be honest I can't tell what you mean since those sentences are arranged awkwardly.

Posted (edited)

So... what you're saying is that nothing actually has to be worked on? It's already magically completed just sitting on the PC waiting for it to be patched into our client and that employees of companies only real job is to squash bugs? If even that much? No dude, there is an actual process that goes into moving a game from one region to the next. You can google the very basics of that. Let's not forget that they are actually trying to cater to a different region by adding and removing things that we would or wouldn't like. They've shown many examples of that already.

That TV show bit is inaccurate too. I can't speak for UK/EU since I don't live there, but in the US there's only about 5-6 episodes created in advance including the pilot episode for new shows. Most seasons here have about 22 episodes. A lot of work goes into making TV shows too, more than we're probably aware of. Sure we could watch those initial episodes in bulk, but then after that what do you get? A long waiting period until the next episode is ready and aired. 

It isn't always about Hype. There isn't some magical elf that just delivers the game on a usb drive prime, ripe, and ready to be patched into the game. Someone actually has to work on it. It sounds like all you want is an English patch with acceptable ping. Lol, CBT1 and CBT2 had more cash shop content? CBT1 didn't even have a cash shop, and CBT2 had the same stuff as launch; and even if it doesn't, then it's something that's so negligible that no one cares about it.  Or are you saying there was content that was removed from the full game that was in CBT1 and CBT2? Elaborate, because that sounds like a load of bull. To be honest I can't tell what you mean since those sentences are arranged awkwardly.

you couldnt be more wrong about TV shows. you just proved my point entirely. you cant watch them in bulk until they AIR the show, theres a difference between filming and airing, smh.

tl;dr CBT2 had more cash shop items than we do on live. CBT2 had costumes that we dont currently have. CBT2 had underwear that we dont currently have. the classes Blader and Kunoichi are already translated as they were meant to be released on launch but were replaced with wizard/witch. When they do translations they pay a third party to do it and that's why you'll find localization to be utter shit. When they paid a third party to translate, they did it EARLY around Q1-Q2 last year, and had blader/kunoichi translated. That's also why you'll find majority of game's translations to contradict newer quests or newer items. Back before we had Tamer, I told everyone they already had tamer translated and no one believed me. then surprise, out comes tamer to please the masses of cry.

They have the content. It's not a problem to implement it. They just don't. Because that's not how to make a profit. Why are you defending such an idea, it is not outlandish or evil. 9_9

Edited by Yule
1 person likes this

Posted

Are you sure you can handle the existing content already?  I mean, I don't find the tutorial very useful, and still have many unknown to the world.  Getting more contents, is it truly going to help the game play?  Or would information overload be an issue?