• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Romance system plus for RP

102 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe add shared loot? For instance silver from monsters will be shared? Or faster gain of knowledge? Perhaps energy regen - being in a good company makes you relaxed - reduce time of energy regen from 3min to 2.5? There are many possibilities.

Posted

Add this. seems like a good system to me. also it better support same sex :P lol

for a second there I skipped the word "same" Well, they're located in the Netherlands, so hopefully they support gay right ;) but Koreans aren't that open minded yet, I think...

Posted

for a second there I skipped the word "same" Well, they're located in the Netherlands, so hopefully they support gay right ;) but Koreans aren't that open minded yet, I think...

Yeah, but I´d expect they´d let chicks marry each other. Well, that´s if they added this to game of course.

Posted

*wakes up again* I still support this... In case its buried under a pile of other things again :3

Posted

With the gender locked classes, they BETTER allow same sex relationships if they add this. 

Some people got chesticles cuz they wanted to play a certain class, not cuz they wanted to be a chick.

I wanna marry my wifey :<

Posted

With the gender locked classes, they BETTER allow same sex relationships if they add this. 

Some people got chesticles cuz they wanted to play a certain class, not cuz they wanted to be a chick.

I wanna marry my wifey :<

Some warrior x warrior action *^* I'M GRABBING MAH POPCORN!

Posted

tfw no internet gf to get my pixels married to ;____________; 

Grab your best friend, have him wear a pink dress and go have fun ;)

Posted

tfw no best friends ;_____________; 

Well then, you can always grab a stranger on bdo ;) start socializing~

Posted

tfw no social skills ;________________;

Well, then you can always play with my female alt ;)

Posted

tfw no internet gf to get my pixels married to ;____________; 

Well, I'm an odd situation then.. I play a giant berserker and spend most of my time playing with my cousin who's using a valkyrie. We're both male and heterosexuals. xD it feels.. weird?  

Posted

Not down in Mississippi. 

Or in the Netherlands..... wait cousins, shit....

Posted

I said it was weird. ;) 

Posted

I like this idea a lot! Would be up for all of what was mentioned except the adoption/children part. I especially want the interactive emotes if we do get this. So many games just don't have those kind of emotes! Just one sided stuff. In particular the holding hands one would be the cutest thing ever.

Well then, you can always grab a stranger on bdo ;) start socializing~

Is there a place where people go to just talk and hang out? Because I want to know about this place right now!!! I'm not under the "Grind till I drop dead for the night" mentality after reaching level 50 xD;

Posted

So, basically you want a marriage system.

I'm cool with that, other games have it and they're pretty neat for RP, plus the added benefits of xp boosts, gold boosts, etc. are cool!

Posted

I like this idea a lot! Would be up for all of what was mentioned except the adoption/children part. I especially want the interactive emotes if we do get this. So many games just don't have those kind of emotes! Just one sided stuff. In particular the holding hands one would be the cutest thing ever.

Is there a place where people go to just talk and hang out? Because I want to know about this place right now!!! I'm not under the "Grind till I drop dead for the night" mentality after reaching level 50 xD;

North America, Orwen, Calpheon 1, seems to have a lot of friendly players, ofc you can always send me a forum pm with your skype/steam and i think you seem cool enough we can chat and hangout in-game too

Posted

Sounds good, personally I feel the game could use more social aspects not involving fighting

Posted (edited)

ah...

Edited by userOnline

Posted

Well, I think as the game invites us to roleplay, what better way to enhance that experience by adding, if possible, a system of romances, where you can interact with other players way more ... intimate.
The serious idea, the need to add a player to your friends list, and it appeared a new option which could have a relationship, adding a new group, after this, it would appear another option which could have an appointment based on creating an exclusive group for two, which should be together until the end of the event, this could be 15 or 30 minutes.
In this way, you can take your companion to the inn, a field, a river, a park or your own home if you want more privacy.
At one point, you might have the option to move to the next level, in which would spend to be boyfriends / girlfriends and receive boosts as an extra gold, objects, and experience for killing together in the same group.
In a final stage of the system, we would be able to marry the other person, improve gold, items and experience boost, live together in the same house, the wedding and even the option to have children or adopt them. (idea extracted from neverwinters and TES 5 Skyrim)

What do you think community?

And devs?

This is just concerning to me that people want stuff like this in a game...it's disgusting

Posted

This is just concerning to me that people want stuff like this in a game...it's disgusting

This isn't a suggestion for sex emotes. This is a suggestion for a marriage system that gives gameplay benefits to the players. Other games have it (Even a FPS has it) and systems like this are appreciated for adding depth to the game.

On a purely technical level two friends that group level could simply "marry" in game just for the xp/silver boosts.

Posted

Eh... I think Children might be taking it a little too far...

But the idea of a marriage system would be interesting, however.. I think you are limiting yourself posting this as just an RP mechanic, and I doubt it'll be implemented as such.

Instead, they should have a relationship system based on 1)How much time you spend together 2)Investing energy(similar to nodes). You can get benefits from playing with that partner continuously. Example; I party with friend A often. A portion of the exp we share during killing gets converted to relationship points. The relationship is generalized, it doesn't have to be boyfriend/husband. It can be just "Relationship", though it would be funny two straight guys being labeled as married just because they want extra drops.. Anyways;

The benefit would be that the higher level the more exp you two get, or the better drop chances. Forming a grinding partner. Similar things can be done. Maybe enough relationship with a player could allow you to actually trade with them, or give them control of your storage and such.  

This isn't a suggestion for sex emotes. This is a suggestion for a marriage system that gives gameplay benefits to the players. Other games have it (Even a FPS has it) and systems like this are appreciated for adding depth to the game.

On a purely technical level two friends that group level could simply "marry" in game just for the xp/silver boosts.

I think the weirder part is the children thing. And how the OP tried to sell it. I like the idea as a mechanic, but it does sound a bit odd.

Posted

I think the weirder part is the children thing. And how the OP tried to sell it. I like the idea as a mechanic, but it does sound a bit odd.

Alright I'd say the children thing isn't that huge of a deal, personally I wouldn't care for it, it could work as an NPC and the NPC child could give you something random once a day when you visit them. (Skyrim did have something similar), its sounds odd because we're roleplayers and we speak in roleplay terms. To us the mechanics are the fluff. But fluff is nice.

Posted (edited)

Alright I'd say the children thing isn't that huge of a deal, personally I wouldn't care for it, it could work as an NPC and the NPC child could give you something random once a day when you visit them. (Skyrim did have something similar), its sounds odd because we're roleplayers and we speak in roleplay terms. To us the mechanics are the fluff. But fluff is nice.

I am a Role Player myself, and while I understand, I do not thing it will or it should be added. A lot of the time it would take to make a feature to appeal the role player community could be used to do something to appeal a large crowd. That's why the idea the OP pitched, should have been pitched on a more general term. This community already looks down on roleplayers, so to pitch something and get large amount of praise, as well as a chance to be added, the pitch should be to mainly aimed at the masses. 

And while a good idea is good, how the idea is seen is important. Just one little example:

"I am a roleplayer, we should have a marriage system! That also gives exp" is going to attract a lot of negative attention from those who think Role Players are carebears.

vs

"Man i'd be cool is there was a marriage system so I can get more exp with my friends". 

I know it's essentially the same, but one of them relates more to a larger majority. Being anyone who has a friend and wants more exp.

While Fluff is nice, fluff doesn't always guarantee sales. You want to aim for functionality, then fluff. 

Edited by MrXenark

Posted

I'd enjoy it if this were added to the game. +1

Posted

Going to vote no on the whole exp and drop bonus. I do not want to have to find a wife in a game just to increase my drop rate or exp gained. :|

Posted

Going to vote no on the whole exp and drop bonus. I do not want to have to find a wife in a game just to increase my drop rate or exp gained. :|

Is it cause real life wives decrease your drop rate?