• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Milking Cows

54 posts in this topic

Posted

The milking cow mini game has something to do with your FPS. I completed it on any character with low gathering skill.

1 person likes this

Posted

The trick is to release it the moment the udder turns red, then go the next.  Repeat until 100%.  It's simple once you get used to it.  Takes a bit of practice, though.

You don't even have to wait for it to go red, just get into a rhythm and spam left and right clicks until done. Should get it in well under the time limit.

1 person likes this

Posted

Milking have no link with latency

Posted

So, just to clarify how the game works, and should help a few people out.

You have to switch before you make the utter super red, and switch back before it's completely full again.

So, once you get started, you have to keep an eye on the top and the bottom of each side and don't like it reach either on either udder.

http://www.soundcloud.com/BDORadio

BDO Radio - Black Desert Online Podcast!

Posted

I'ts so odd that miking doesn't give gathering exp. Out of all of the things one can gather, this actually requires some skill minor but there. 

Posted (edited)

This is correct. I don't see what's so difficult about this.

Yeah, I guess if you spam too fast they don't fully recover, but it's just as fast as trying to carefully time them. Just a quarter second per side, wait half a second after several clicks to avoid red, and done with 20-21s left.

I'ts so odd that miking doesn't give gathering exp. Out of all of the things one can gather, this actually requires some skill minor but there. 

I believe it gives Strength exp instead. As do at least one of the daily milking rewards.

I've started grabbing 4 of the quests (Falres, Bain, and Olvia x 2), gathering from one cow up at Olvia, then riding back to turn in the others ... a total Milk Run

Milk Run.png

Edited by Neptuno
more cowbell

Posted

Remember when you're doing it that it's not about getting as close to the bottom as you can, it's just about keeping it from touching the top as much as possible.

Posted

Turn down your settings. High settings does manipulate how many % you get for milking.

Ive milked like 4months long daily using energy on 7chars. 

while  you go milking turn your graphics on low and you will see the % increase alot faster than on high settings.

oh and before someone says its caused by my pc. I usually play on high settings even for siegees with no frame drops, but Ive just realized if i want to milk and I go on low settings I finish 100% with 17seconds left. while with high settings I barely finish them in 30seconds.

edit nr.2 

my tamer is master gathering and milks same speed as my witch which has beginner gathering.

'tis truth. Turned graphics down to lowest setting, milk success went from 0% (used all my energy in multiple attempts) to 90%. DAUM needs to consider this a bug, but in the interim that seems to be the workaround.

Posted

I don't get the difficulty?

I just press left, right, left, right, left, right fast on my mouse and that's it? Purely alternating 50 times seems to do the trick. Generally end the mini-game with like 15-20 seconds to spare.

That's exactly what I do.

I don't get what is so hard about this? xD

Posted

Lower your graphic quality settings to the lowest level (optimization mode) temporarily, for the milking minigame. You will be amazed when you see the result, you will make 100% and 15 seconds will be left. Just give it a go, no joke!

Posted

I have no idea how I do it.

Posted

Our QA team was unable to reproduce any difference in the minigame after changing graphical settings.

Are you guys still experiencing this issue? If so, would it be possible to record it?

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

Our QA team was unable to reproduce any difference in the minigame after changing graphical settings.

Are you guys still experiencing this issue? If so, would it be possible to record it?

Best regards,
GM Dew

necro wtf

Posted

thanks turning down graphics to very low helped instantly.

Posted (edited)

Best regards,
GM Dew

Try it using a 4K monitor with resolution set to 3840x2860.  Then try again with the resolution set to 1920x1440.  In my case, I hit 100% in about half the time.  I think you might also notice that you gain a larger percentage per 'bottle' at the lower resolution.  It might simply be that emptying a larger, more visible bottle is easier to manage via mouse than one that is significantly smaller.  But, in my case and almost invariably, using the lower resolution makes a challenging task much, much easier.

Edited by Zeven

Posted (edited)

I am a cook and use as much milk as all 9 of my alts can generate. So I milk approx 10 cows per alt per day, give or take. 

It took me 2 weeks of that to notice the little trick i'm about to describe to you... and it still makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. 

While you are milking, free mouse move is still active - meaning you can manipulate the cameras position relative to you by moving the mouse. For some reason the cameras position has a huge effect on the amount of milk you get per "squeeze". You can get between 4 and 9% per squeeze, and if you move the mouse around until its at its sweet spot, which is approx directly above the back end of the cow looking down on to the top of the cow, it will be 8-9% every time like clockwork, making a full milking session take right around 13 seconds. 

I know this sounds messed up... but its 100% true. I have confirmed it and re-confirmed it many times. If I had a good video capture app that would ignore my other 3 monitors I would get a video of it... and can do if there is any confusion.

A good way to start is to not milk until the camera is in position, then start milking. It will take some practice to get it exactly right, but once you see where it needs to be you can get it there quickly and easily each time.

Edited by Frostfiretulsa

Posted

your title sounds like you're talking about Daum. came in, disappointed. -_-

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

Here are a few threads about this issue from the "Good Old Days"

Got Milk

Milking Cows

The Lowering Frame Rate solution should be FAQ.

Posted

I tried to milk cows over and over for a few months and failed every time until I didn't and now I never fail.  Here is how I started doing it and it works for me every time.  I click left then right mouse buttons very quickly, although not as fast as I could, but now I don't rest my fingers on the mouse buttons.  Instead, I hold my fingers above, but off, the buttons and I actually just tap left and right.  That made the difference between success and failure for me.  Good luck.

Posted

Turn down your settings. High settings does manipulate how many % you get for milking.

Ive milked like 4months long daily using energy on 7chars. 

while  you go milking turn your graphics on low and you will see the % increase alot faster than on high settings.

oh and before someone says its caused by my pc. I usually play on high settings even for siegees with no frame drops, but Ive just realized if i want to milk and I go on low settings I finish 100% with 17seconds left. while with high settings I barely finish them in 30seconds.

edit nr.2 

my tamer is master gathering and milks same speed as my witch which has beginner gathering.

i can confirm this works , turned down my settings and now can milk cows and usually have 10 sec to spare silly but works

Posted

OMG I was ready to lose my mind until I came here and found the suggestion to lower my graphics/resolution -- it WORKED!!!! Four months ago before I took a break from the game I did the cow thing everyday and milked 100% successfully with never a problem. I come back today and could not get a SINGLE one over 80% no matter how I altered my technique on over 20 cows. So I came to see if it was a known bug and found this suggestion and then I recalled that I am now using a wide screen monitor with very high resolution which is new since I last played. Thank goodness, when I set the graphics and resolution on their lowest settings I was able to be 100% successful with around 10 seconds to spare.  So far I have not noticed the higher settings causing any problems any where else in game but I will certainly be keeping it in mind.

Posted

You should ask Daum directly, they are experts at milking.

64116-Related-Pictures-Ashton-Kutcher-Bu

Posted (edited)

You should ask Daum directly, they are experts at milking.

OMG this was total PWNAGE, Thug life!

Made my day xD

PS: Is this topic serious? My 4yo nephew milked successfully at first attempt... Facepalm material if it is serious...

Edited by crosspath

Posted

how do people fail at milking

gathering lvl does not affect it, i have multiple sub 10 alts that milk with no gathering exp and with every single one, including my main, its hard to NOT finish within 10 seconds

are you holding the mouse button or spamming it?

Posted

how do people fail at milking

gathering lvl does not affect it, i have multiple sub 10 alts that milk with no gathering exp and with every single one, including my main, its hard to NOT finish within 10 seconds

are you holding the mouse button or spamming it?

If you had read the posts you would see that certain high resolution settings cause the problem just for the milking game. Some one mentioned that the success is somehow affected by low FPS. I personally had no probs until I changed my monitor to a wide screen which uses very high resolution and then could never get over 80% filled before timing out. When I lower my settings just for the milking game I have 100% success again as I did before on my old monitor.