• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

4/4 Taritas, which piece should I replace?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello

I've read that armour sets don't benefit from having four pieces of the same set and should replace one of them with a different gear.

If this is true which gear piece should I replace for the armour set?

2016-03-05_24969584.JPG

Posted

Hello

I've read that armour sets don't benefit from having four pieces of the same set and should replace one of them with a different gear.

If this is true which gear piece should I replace for the armour set?

2016-03-05_24969584.JPG

I went with Agerian gloves for that Sweet Sweet Cast Speed

Posted

Is taritas a better option than Agerian?

3 piece Taritas + agerian gloves

VS 3 Piece Agerian + Talis boots?

Posted

You can get the cast speed from Agerian on Taritas by using Cast Speed Enchants and the Agerian Gloves. What you cant get is the +Max Mana that you get from Taritas. Your damage also scales off of max mana so it seems like a pretty good set for Wiz.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can get the cast speed from Agerian on Taritas by using Cast Speed Enchants and the Agerian Gloves. What you cant get is the +Max Mana that you get from Taritas. Your damage also scales off of max mana so it seems like a pretty good set for Wiz.

Hmmm didn't think about that.

So I could just go to armorsmith destroy my Agerian get the 5 black stones from each armor destroyed and make Taritas I'd also have more DP than I currently do with Agerian.

With Agerian its possible to get 5 cast speed. Is this still the case with Taritas?

1 person likes this

Posted

I used to be taritas but honestly agerian is very good overall as 4 set that im going for that. The cast speed is a must have in pvp and pve for those small kiting windows.

Posted

Hmmm didn't think about that.

So I could just go to armorsmith destroy my Agerian get the 5 black stones from each armor destroyed and make Taritas I'd also have more DP than I currently do with Agerian.

With Agerian its possible to get 5 cast speed. Is this still the case with Taritas?

Yes if you used the Agerian Gloves with your Taritas, and then use Enchantments for the rest!

Posted

Yes if you used the Agerian Gloves with your Taritas, and then use Enchantments for the rest!

Thank you I'll just do that seeing as the enchantments are extremely cheap :)
Considering I would not be losing anything by switching over the Taritas I'd only be gaining.
Thank you for the tips. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you I'll just do that seeing as the enchantments are extremely cheap :)
Considering I would not be losing anything by switching over the Taritas I'd only be gaining.
Thank you for the tips. 

Happy to help!

Posted

Transfusion stones can break on death, so it is a less reliable way to maintain max cast speed.

Recommended gear is Agerian, but that is mainly based on PvP. In PvE, anything is functional enough.

Posted

Transfusion stones can break on death, so it is a less reliable way to maintain max cast speed.

Recommended gear is Agerian, but that is mainly based on PvP. In PvE, anything is functional enough.

They cost currently 10k?
That is not a lot of silver at all..
Plus how often do you really die if you are not engaged in GvG? >_>

Posted (edited)

O.o

Edited by Ashikuro
Found my answer...

Posted

They cost currently 10k?That is not a lot of silver at all..
Plus how often do you really die if you are not engaged in GvG? >_>

Pretty much this. Got pots, capable of healing yourself, easy-peasy.

Posted

Wait... What? This is the first I've ever heard damage scaled off max MP. Do you have any reference you can share that explains this? I've done a decent amount of research and never heard this. ...not saying you're wrong, but thats a game changer if you're right.

There's like 3-4 abilities that damage scales off maximum MP.  This effect is dramatically reduced in PvP usually.  An example is Fireball Explosion 3 is +3% damage of maximum MP.  Meteor 1 is 6%.  Residual Lightning gets the most with each hit adding 2% at max rank, which is why it does so much damage.

The argument for Taritas is that it's 120 extra mana meaning you'll do 3-6% more damage with a lot of your skills that scale with max MP like this.  I'm assuming this is multiplicative damage because if not it'd be arguably very questionable at it's benefit.

Posted (edited)

If you not into PvP, forget their calculations. Thats for perfectionist.

Advisable using Agerian+6 till 50s, good for passing around within family. Save your money (cheap repair ) for good (i mean really good ) weapon (AP is the key and supplement accs/food for accuracy ) for each class. Buy good accs and pass within family/. Learn to dodge like me.

This is for fast grinding, no worry about +++MP (in fact there are two witch cast skills that add MP while engaging), no need MP/HP pots, unless you are terrible dodger and cheapo wooden weapon. Spend money on pets and weights. Grind grind grind and loot everything. Its about learning skills more often that trying to tank. You are a witch, not a knight. The rag costume is there for reason, to feel lighter.

Once you have enough money, get 4 sets of Grunil/Neil+AP Armors. +15 or high. Just buy, dont play RNG while leveling up and poor. skip it and level up and accumulate silver first. Learn to invest Nodes !!!

Follow me my lead cause soon others will follow. Tips for efficient cheapskate but look handsome when your reach end level like a PRO. I save hundreds of silvers on my way to PRO>

Edited by OmahaBeach
2 people like this

Posted

What enchants would I need on taritas for 5 cast speed? Currently using magic crystal on staff, agerian gloves + agerian set piece and a memory enchant on the helmet to have 5 cast speed.

Posted

Steel Taritas.

Posted

Cast speed > Damage from max mana.  The max mana is nice, but your self heals will carry your mana for you.  And endless pots, because pot spamming is still a thing.
The extra mana damage is negligable.  Taratus actually has more DP which is where it shines a bit more, but the cast speed on agerian makes it a much better choice, especially since almost all of your spells are slow cast.

Posted

How much damage is 120 mana actually adding? 2.4 on the last 2 hits of residual lightning and 3.6 to Fireball explosion?

Unless you already have +5 casting speed and +5 critical chance, I don't see how that trivial amount of damage is worth it.

Posted

Get agerian. You can max out cast speed easily with a crystal or two after 3 pc agerian. The max mana from the other set is worthless. Mana absorb fills your bar in about a second on a really low cooldown. You can also get tons of accuracy from off peices. 

Posted

I feel the Taritas set if good for PvE.  I have both and mainly use agerian for pvp and the taritas for pve  both setups have cast speed 5/5.

Posted

And Zereth set? Is a good option?

Posted

People look at the 2-3% extra damage but don't do the calculations. How much *is* 2% for an extra 130 mana? A whooping 2.6.

How much does Lightning Residue even do though? I've googled a bit but couldn't find concrete numbers., it's all just 570% and etc, yes, but what's the base? What is a finishing move? Does the 2.6 apply to the base and then get the 570% modifier or is it applied at the end?

Some napkin math with inaccurate numbers just to provide with examples then:

- Depending on the base (is it 100 base damage? 50? 500?) 2.6 multiplied by 570% can go from a small increase to something we do not even notice. For example, if the base damage is 50 then 570% of that will be 284. 570% of 2.6 is 14.82 so the end damage would be 298. That's decent. But if the base damage is 100 then 570% of that is 570 damage. 570% of 2.6 is 14.82, so it would do 584 damage instead which starts entering the negligible area.

Posted

I prefer agerian with 5/5 cast speed, 5/5 crit, 5/5 run speed =)

Posted

I prefer agerian with 5/5 cast speed, 5/5 crit, 5/5 run speed =)

What gems please?