• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No trade will stop gold sellers... Yeah, right.

168 posts in this topic

Posted

You guys are sheltered if you believe every gold seller is a scammer. Some make a lot of money off of it, scamming kills their reputation and can even get them booted from whatever community they may be selling from. Long term profits far outweigh a single scam.

not in the eu version of bdo (atm)

Posted

It was legal on KR. Maybe they dont realize they cant trade them yet. How it would make sense to sell you items for half of what they pay for though.... LOL.

it works when you use stolen credit card numbers, and then you give them your info to purchase it... now they have your info (and can choose to "Launder" their ill gotten gains, or steal your info to buy more in game and continue the cycle)

Posted

So for all of You, people who were voting against the item trading in the game, and trying to convince us that it will kill the gold sellers/chat spammers. In Your face :P.

TO ALL INTERESTED: THIS IS A SCAM. NO, THERE IS NO DOUBT.

Xidbjmd.jpg

Screenshot taken on Jordine -> Velia J1 yesterday evening.

did you really just compare 10 scam bots a day without trading to 300 real bots a day with trading like in BnS? If they ever allow P2P trading the first thing you'll do once you start playing is disable every single chat.

1 person likes this

Posted

tried to buy? 😂

LOL I've known about this site for a long time, used it to cash out on previous games. Perfect example of a well known website with no chance of scamming. 

My aim here isn't to give them publicity, it's to show that RMT isn't the boogie man under your bed, it's a good business and already settling into BDO. I don't like ignorance.

Posted

LOL I've known about this site for a long time, used it to cash out on previous games. Perfect example of a well known website with no chance of scamming. 

My aim here isn't to give them publicity, it's to show that RMT isn't the boogie man under your bed, it's a good business and already settling into BDO. I don't like ignorance.

so how will they deliver?

Posted

so how will they deliver?

Probably via potions and food. The current system for stopping RMT is retarded. It doesn't stop RMT, just removes content from the game while making RMT a little more difficult.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've also seen this sometimes on Orwan. Guess they either use guest passes,  or do charge backs after they scammed "enough" money. 

However, this is definitely totally different from a F2P MMO that has a player controlled price system. I suggest you to take a look at the channel chat in BnS. You won't see anything other than flashing gold sellers' spamming messages. In BDO, the spammers only appears occasionally, leaving only minimal damage to the channel chat. 

So I don't think it's really a slap in the face. To be honest, I don't care that much if the current market system stops spammers. I just love the way it prevents large guilds/whales from distorting prices, and keeps basic items affordable by new players.  

1 person likes this

Posted

So there is a gold spammer. Therefore enable all trading? This logic is worse than Jesus comes from dead = god.

3 people like this

Posted

Why do people still think this is the main reason trading is disabled... It is probably part of it, but not the sole reason...

Posted

Why do people still think this is the main reason trading is disabled... It is probably part of it, but not the sole reason...

Please enlighten me on why else they would choose to (mostly) disable player trading in a "player driven sandbox".

Posted

Remove all forms of trade...why did you allow consumables to be traded..

Posted

It was legal on KR. Maybe they dont realize they cant trade them yet. How it would make sense to sell you items for half of what they pay for though.... LOL.

They don't pay anything, they steal credit card.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So for all of You, people who were voting against the item trading in the game, and trying to convince us that it will kill the gold sellers/chat spammers. In Your face :P.

TO ALL INTERESTED: THIS IS A SCAM. NO, THERE IS NO DOUBT.

Xidbjmd.jpg

Screenshot taken on Jordine -> Velia J1 yesterday evening.

Bro he said pearls not gold, not silver.
10/10 would be interested in that 50% cash shop reduction. Although I'd have to inquire their delivery method since all forms of it is restricted.
Let's just believe everything someone says on channel chat be it bot or person! *cough* /sarcasm.
Also, no one said it would fully eliminate ALL of them, but hey its better than 7 friend requests and a constant PM spam reducing my chat window to an annoying piece of sh!t UI in the way. So yea I'm REALLY down for keeping No trading in the game. Just makes all the more that advert on the channel chat you're presenting suspicious and pointless.
OR WOULD YOU PREFER SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN GAME?

W3jc8JM.jpg

Edited by KyrandisX
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Please enlighten me on why else they would choose to (mostly) disable player trading in a "player driven sandbox".

i made a long reply in a different thread about it so ill try to keep it short.

Not allowing trading is a hindrr for gold traders, it does not serve as more than a hassle and a hassle stops the majority of it, the energy system stops a lot more chat spam than the trading ever will

we can already trade food with friends and pots, but we cant trade mats. This forces people to play the game, and interact with others and seek things on their own.

it forces a community to function in a different way than traditional games where mats markets are mostly driven by a handfull of people who run a monopoly on it, same for mats, same for gear, and for potions and consumables.

it also discourages bots, atm theres little reason to bot, no huge gain at all others than leveling, which is already efficient done by hand, so the influx of bots would mean more pointless killstealing, harder for normal people to farm and enjoy grinding as well as finding stuff on their own, in turn forcing them to look for the marketplace. Lack of real players, more idling for normies

the norm for new people would shift into either having a poor experience even when putting normal processes behind, and those with friends playing would receive lots of nice bis gear off the bat, quite possibly as well getting lots of +14 gear, player trading of silver and items would in turn make dying essentially have zero risk, and while many things are and will be trivial, it is still a setback. Massive amounts of trading would allow immense pooling and make it so trivial you can throw yourself at anything without a worry.

P2W at large scale would flow into the game as you can buy stuff and not care much about materials either, right now one has to invest time and find nodes, get mats or farm money to buy mats. With trading, "hey mate can you spare some money i need mats" and hey presto you have millions from your friends and all worries of cash is forever gone, it is currently not impossible, but the hassle makes it meh for the majority to bother

at worst people would utilize this vast new p2w aspect and just turn it into wow, feels like im copying kungens words but not being anle to have vast access to everything without the effort makes you and forces you to play the game, trading would have the impact that not playing the game would still yield you vast amounts of good stuff. "Derp afk fishing mate" i hear you say, active fishing is profitable, afk fishing is a convenience but wont go on forever, about 1-2 hours to break a standard rod i think?

most aspects of the game in its current being would be impacted by allowing trading, one either have to be very narrow minded or a troll to not realize this, and it is a shame people seem to refuse to acknowledge it and try to mold the game into the same borefest games they left.

embrace the new, enjoy it, dont try to change it to be horrible like every game ever. Hell its just a question of time before whiny moaning western lazbags want teleportation, flying and a LFG system...

edit: i also forgot to mention the intense amounts of hassle it would be for Daum having to battle scammers spammers bots and that on an active large scale, having to hunt them down. Where as now, they shine like huge massive stars and are incredibly easy to single out, it allows them as a company to put more effort into other CS and development peocesses giving the players a better exeprience with that too overall

Edited by Kezha

Posted

You know what would stop gold sellers and allow free trade to return? If game companies actually took action against gold sellers, no, I don't mean a rare temp ban, I mean a permanent ban. Of course they won't though, as it means less profits for them. The other option is to actually not buy gold, but that ain't happening. On FFXIV NA servers there's gil spam spam happening often, but on JP servers there's none as they don't actually buy it enough to warrant them stealing accounts to spam. 

You  can't in anyway perma ban people using bot accounts.

The important thing is that these goldsellers cant actually sell silver to players.

Posted (edited)

edited

Edited by iVentrue

Posted (edited)

If a traded consumable loses its silver value then this would help. The energy system works pretty good for keeping the spam down so far, I remember ESO on release and the spam was constant. I would like an option to report a player as a spammer (put it in the menu that comes up when you click on a players name in chat), if a player gets say 10 spam reports then he/she is flagged for investigation by the devs who can pull up the reported messages and hit a big red button that will do something magical to said players account.

Edited by jac4

Posted

meh, unless they are playing, they don't have enough vigor to spam longer than a hour or so. We all know they're fake, chat ban them or ignore them.

anyone that falls for them once wont fall for them again.

Posted

I loved this game so much ... I loved EVERYTHING about it.

UNTIL

1. I found out i couldn't help a friend of mine by trading him some silver/ and gear.

2. I cant register something to marketplace in whatever price i want .. WTF BDO?

these 2 crappy feats are killing my favourite feature in MMOs .... MARKET!

you have NO MARKET control freaks!

A SINGLE PLAYER GAME HAS MORE MARKET/TRADING GOIN ON

You have made a game so complex and so AWESOME and u screwed the WHOLE THING up by those 2 things.

I regret the 30 euros i threw in the trashcan for this game, i ll be back if you manage to get it right.

P.S this is my PERSONAL OPINION and i dont care if someone disagrees or likes it this way, i'm speaking for my self and for what i like in a MMO.

Have fun everybody :)!

peace out.

Yes is a little silly that u cant trade silver/items whit friends but in a game that is dependent of silver/items if u don't do that game is over. Example Kungen (sorry for pointing him is a good guy)have a 3/4 zerg guild they put the other 2/3 guilds to feed them and they are the strongest on the server and wealthy.

Market place is in the best position since i play wow/gw2/terra/ and others where people actually are playing the game for marketplace not the game and that's sad.

And about the gold sellers im surprised  that u guys don't realize that are trial accounts of 7 days pass, are just for scamming people.

Posted (edited)

This game doesn't want you to give your friends free stuff and just leave.

It wants you to be actually social and tell/help him where/how to get those items.

Right now the most valuable resource in game is information

Edited by whitetragedy

Posted (edited)

it would stop a percentage of it 

but nothing would stop gold sellers for example i can sure in the future there will be people selling gold services by giving your account to them and they will farm the money for you 

there is no way to 100% stop people like this

my self i would like to buy some gold cause im currently short on gold but why i didn't go to that website

1. it dosent look like a legit farmer website

2. the way to get the gold is to much work i rather go farm my self  

i can earn 1mil/hr not much but enough for me to get shit going (not going full need money mode just normal grinding)

if i had to stand in a position that i would never buy gold  i like how it is cause i can still get some potion from my friends and people that are buying gold isn't going to buy that much or either  it takes them along time to get it i could of earn how much they are getting in that time if i really wanted gold

if they close trading dose not really effect me either i can just get my wagon next time i farm so i dont need to run back and fourth every 400 potions  

Edited by MINT_MOCHI

Posted

Yes, scammers. No doubt.

Obviously not a good thing, but I think it is promising that there are actually no legitimate gold sellers appearing (if I can call them legitimate, lol :)).

And you have to remember there are a ton of short free passes out there right now and whilst I am sure these wankers have collected a few, once they run out, the game will actually be GOLDSELLER FREE.

I think Daum have done a good job on this one.

Posted

Actually, they are legit.

They can give what you bought by gift.

Only way they could be legit is by using stolen Credit Cards or pearl store hacks. Either way you risk losing the purchased items, maybe even get banned.