• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crafted Wagon vs Bought in stable

52 posts in this topic

Posted

As per the topic... is there a difference between, as an example, the Farm Wagon you can buy from the Stable shop, and the Farm Wagon you can craft in the Wagon Workshop?

Seems it's way easier to accumulate the 180.000 silver and simply buy one, rather than spend a long time crafting one.

As an example, I started a Wagon Workshop from scratch.

It requires me to get Maple Plywood + Iron Ingots.

That means I need to gather Maple Timber and Iron Ore, which means I also need a Mineral Workshop and a Wood Workshop.

Overall... I need 4 workers for just the gathering + refining, as well as 1 or 2 workers at potato farms to make beer to keep their stamina up for production, as well using energy frequently to process Maple Timber into Maple Planks which are refined to Plywood.

Long story short, it's a heck of a lot more work to craft Farm Wagons than just grind cash and buy one.

So is there any point at all in crafting them ?

Posted

For Farm wagon and below, you're probably better off just buying one. You need a high level workshop to craft the 4 horse wagon though.

Also to note, you don't need to force your workers to refine, its agonizingly slow compared to just refining the materials yourself, plus you get a chance to make 2 at once instead of 1 when processing.

Posted

If you only intend to get a decent wagon, then it's not worth crafting one - Farm Wagons work just fine, have decent durability and only cost about 180k silver.
It's only worth investing into Wagon Workshops if you plan on making a Noble Wagon (the one that requires 4 horses) which is the best wagon in-game and cannot be purchased.

As stated before, it's MUCH easier to refine plywood and ingots yourself once you've done a particular processing/gather quest and have a high enough processing level. Save your worker's energy for gathering tricky materials and crafting the wagon pieces themselves as opposed to refining the materials.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the feedback.

I crafted the farm wagon then dismantled the operation, reshuffled my nodes and reassigned my workers.

Now I am setting it up to craft a Ferry in Velia, while also having two workers on potatoes, two on wheat and two on pumpkins.

Gonna stack up massive amounts of beer and sell pumpkin crates for some cash on the side :P

Sidenote: They should really remove the Strong and Farm Wagons from the Stable. The flimsy one could remain as a low entry wagon for those just started with trading. It has one slot more than donkey and moves faster. With Strong and Farm wagon available for a pitiful amount of silver it completely undermines the wagon crafting.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sidenote: They should really remove the Strong and Farm Wagons from the Stable. The flimsy one could remain as a low entry wagon for those just started with trading. It has one slot more than donkey and moves faster. With Strong and Farm wagon available for a pitiful amount of silver it completely undermines the wagon crafting.

Yes. But without direct trading and with fixed market pricing and the limited energy system that the other regions don't have there's really no point in crafting anyway.

Posted

You can still craft wagon accessories, do horse breeding, craft horse accessories and ships, as well as quality tools and sell.

Only thing that gets shafted is the Wagon crafting due to the easy and relatively low-cost pricing in Stables.

Posted

There are Strong Wagons, Armored Wagons, Noble Wagons and Trade Wagons. It is possible to purchase them off the market, but at an insanely high price. Just get it over and done with. Craft your own. Do your wood and yank you contribution points. Do your ingots and yank your contribution points. It's not as bad as you might think.

Get your gathering and processing up too.

Posted

Wagons have durability meaning they disappear after a while. What's special about the Nobel wagon?

Posted

I think the noble wagon has 20 slots. As far as I know (correct me if I am wrong though... at work so can't see the numbers in the game)

• Tier 2 horse - 3 slots
  • Donkey - 5 slots
  • Flimsy wagon - 6 slots
  • Strong wagon - 8 slots
  • Farm wagon - 14 slots
  • Noble wagon - 20 slots

Posted

Each cart has more than just a difference in slots. Some are faster than others.

Noble - 20 slots | 4 Horses | Accel 95% | Speed 95% | Turn 95% | Braking 95%|

Trade - 16 slots | 2 Horses | Accel 100% | Speed 100% | Turn 100% | Braking 100%|

Farm - 14 slots | 2 Horses | Accel 100% | Speed 100% | Turn 100% | Braking 100%|

Strong 10 slots | 1 Horse | Accel 110% | Speed 110% | Turn 120% | Braking 120%|

Shabby 8 slots | 1 Horses | Accel 110% | Speed 110% | Turn 120% | Braking 120%|

Flimsy 6 slots | 1 Horses | Accel 100% | Speed 100% | Turn 100% | Braking 100%|

I'd list the LT limit but it doesn't show them on the items. One can assume that the bigger ones would have much more LT limit though.

Posted

Each cart has more than just a difference in slots. Some are faster than others.

There are difference is the weight allowance, but this seems to just be scaled based on amount of slots.

As for speed... I don't think the speeds listed are comparable with each other.

If you read the OP in this thread regarding the Raft vs Rowing boat speeds.... http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/33246-rowboat-ferry-vs-raft-speed-test-results/&do=findComment&comment=565759

So the rowboat says its speed is 100% and the raft says its speed is 105%, but that is not compared to each other by far.

I did a test via T autopathing to same marker in ocean.

Raft took 161 seconds, rowboat took 136 seconds.

So as you can see, in the case of the boats, despite the Raft having a higher percentage value listed under its speed, the rowing boat is actually faster when tested, despite having 5% slower speed (when comparing numbers on Raft with the Rowing boat, aka Ferry)

Posted

It means you need xxx % of time for the same range. So of course a raft need more time than a rowboat and a noble-wagon is faster than a strong-wagon.

It's only a bit of logic and math :)

1 person likes this

Posted

What's special about the Nobel wagon?

I can level 4 horses at once. Special enough for me.

3 people like this

Posted

last i checked you can only attach one horse per wagon (unless the noble wagon is just special in that aspect) if you can actually train 4 horses at once then it would be great for people who are breeders and trying to make multiple tier 8 horses faster. if not like i suspect then its only really going to be useful for high tier traders who are trying to lug tons of high weight items , 20 slots + alot more weight than other wagons would let you do plenty, specially if you are trying to solo a high tier trade mission

Posted (edited)

It means you need xxx % of time for the same range. So of course a raft need more time than a rowboat and a noble-wagon is faster than a strong-wagon.

It's only a bit of logic and math :)

Well, math makes sense when put in context :P

I never heard of speed being represented as a % value of time spent to travel a specific distance.

So a Ferrari has 100% speed... and when I go to buy a new car they will show me a Tesla that does 135% speed or something... I dunno... seems weird.

They should just add knots, which is the standard, international speed measurement for sea faring vessels... and estimating how many knots you are doing was a technique that evolved back when all they had was an hourglass and a length of rope, so from a game perspective in a medieval'ish time period it would still be a "realistic" measurement.

Anyways, guess I am overthinking it.

The way I (and probably many others) read those numbers is that if Rowing boat does 100%, and Raft does 105%, then if the Rowing boat does 10 knots then the Raft does 10kts x 1.05 = 10.5 knots, ergo faster... :P

Edited by Ghroznak

Posted

I see your point, but if you replace the knots with minutes in your math you get the clou.

Posted

You can't list speed exclusively in time.

Speed of your car is 10 minutes.

Err...

Posted

Noble - 20 slots | 4 Horses | Accel 95% | Speed 95% | Turn 95% | Braking 95%|

Trade - 16 slots | 2 Horses | Accel 100% | Speed 100% | Turn 100% | Braking 100%|

Farm - 14 slots | 2 Horses | Accel 100% | Speed 100% | Turn 100% | Braking 100%|

Strong 10 slots | 1 Horse | Accel 110% | Speed 110% | Turn 120% | Braking 120%|

Shabby 8 slots | 1 Horses | Accel 110% | Speed 110% | Turn 120% | Braking 120%|

Flimsy 6 slots | 1 Horses | Accel 100% | Speed 100% | Turn 100% | Braking 100%|

I'd list the LT limit but it doesn't show them on the items. One can assume that the bigger ones would have much more LT limit though.

Can anyone provide the weight limits for the different wagon types?

Posted

Farm Wagon is something like 630 Lt

Posted

I can level 4 horses at once. Special enough for me.

Yes please!

last i checked you can only attach one horse per wagon (unless the noble wagon is just special in that aspect) if you can actually train 4 horses at once then it would be great for people who are breeders and trying to make multiple tier 8 horses faster. if not like i suspect then its only really going to be useful for high tier traders who are trying to lug tons of high weight items , 20 slots + alot more weight than other wagons would let you do plenty, specially if you are trying to solo a high tier trade mission

Farm wagon takes 2 horse, exp divided by around 40% per horse.

Noble wagon takes 4 horses and the exp will be around 25% per horse, so definitely worth it for serious horse breeders.

Posted

im about 99% sure you cannot connect two seperate horses to a farm wagon , partailly because the connect to wagon window only allows for one horse , and the wagon.

so unless the noble wagon gets a super special new window then no , you only get one horse connected per wagon.

Posted

im about 99% sure you cannot connect two seperate horses to a farm wagon , partailly because the connect to wagon window only allows for one horse , and the wagon.

so unless the noble wagon gets a super special new window then no , you only get one horse connected per wagon.

You connect them one by one. Did you even try connecting 2 horses? I sure dont drive my wagon with any of the default horses.

5197QaH.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

well then i stand corrected , but thanks for comming off like an ass kat , like you tend to do in multiple threads and posts.

1 person likes this

Posted

well then i stand corrected , but thanks for comming off like an ass kat , like you tend to do in multiple threads and posts.

I dont talk about anything in game unless I actually tried it first and can confirm it works, especially not claim I am 99% sure about something I didnt try and mislead others. But then proving something by making effort to take and post screeenshots is asinine nowdays so I guess I will just keep what I know for myself from now on.

10 people like this

Posted

your right im sorry for saying i was 99% and not 100% when i wasent  completely sure , but thanks you for again reminding me that there are asshats on the forums

but i apologize for saying something that i thought was right , i said i stand corrected because i was , now kindly remove the stick from your ass.

1 person likes this