• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How many have been scammed ?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

HI, first sorry for my bad english, second i want to tell my problem in game.

I just got up to level 40 and have received my letter. I announced I want to trade Gift Letter of Repayment 4 by game chat and player named Zhoya has been willing to make the trade . At the time of sending the letter, he not sent me to yours and try to communicate with him , and does not answer me . The CM can do something about it ? This really broken the gaming experience and be nice to have a list of people who are dedicated to swindle . Leave your comments please .

Gift Letter of Repayment 4

Posted

And this right here is a prime example of why you should not trust random people, especially over the internet.

2 people like this

Posted

Is this a joke?

Posted (edited)

Yeah. I got scammed with my 3rd scroll . I learned that you can't trust strangers so I just trade with my friends. Also they cannot do anything against this since it is a mechanic in the game. Companies don't usually take action if you put yourself to danger.

Edited by luongrobert4

Posted

I was scammed too.. I was offered some conqueror items for 49.99.. but when I gave them my money, they decided to change how the game / cash shop will function and now refuse to refund me.

Can we report this?

2 people like this

Posted

Well, it's a just about a luck to find a person to trade it with and don't be scammed. And It's your risk, doubt that the GM's would bother with it. 

Posted

I was scammed too.. I was offered some conqueror items for 49.99.. but when I gave them my money, they decided to change how the game / cash shop will function and now refuse to refund me.

Can we report this?

That's weird. Conqueror pack items were $100. The guy who offered them for $49.99 must have been super shady.

Posted

Meh i don't have friends so i tried with randoms...all 3 letters wasted c:

Posted

Only trade with friends or guild members if you want to be sure not to be scammed! It's sad that it's like that, but that's just the way it is these days :/

Posted

Honestly they were never made to be "traded" in the first place, but if it makes you feel better I've only ever received one.

Posted

That's weird. Conqueror pack items were $100. The guy who offered them for $49.99 must have been super shady.

I meant that other one.. Thanks joke ruin-er. ¬¬

Posted (edited)

A sure way to prevent letter scams is to just send them all to Inoji @ Edan: Calpheon E1

Then you never have to worry about getting scammed.

Edited by WildAce
1 person likes this

Posted

Question what are those gift letters I'm confused. I have 3 of them.

Posted

If you're this stupid in a game around strangers on the internet, I'm scared to think how stupid you are with real life currency.

Posted

This is why I send my gifts of repayment to my friend that I play all other games with. We trade ours back and forth and I've gotten two rings of good deeds - one being a PHI.
:3

Posted

I just send them to my buddy and my buddy sends his to me. ^u^ I got a ring today!

Posted

I don't ever send my letters to strangers. I trade them with my boyfriend and sometimes I get them from random people that were kind enough to randomly give me some. If you're looking to trade letters try trading with friends or guild mates only. That way you have a better chance of receiving one back.

Posted (edited)

Have I personally been scammed by this? No. Have I seen many people talking about being scammed? Hell yes.

It's quite sad that something which was originally intended to be given as a repayment to people who were nice/helpful is now something which people are openly scamming for so they can get more free items. Not that I am surprised, I mean those repayment letters do have a chance to give you good items and people usually want something in return most of the time.

If you want to be 100% safe I would trade with friends who you know you can trust. If you don't have anyone who fits this description then hold onto the letters and wait until you meet someone who you think deserves the letter. Then you will be able to use the letter as gesture to show that person you are thankful for their help. This way you won't run the risk of expecting something in return and feeling disheartened when you don't get what you were expecting. That's the problem with having expectations, they don't always pan out. :|

Sorry to hear you got spammed OP, but you are going to need to be careful about scammers. Report and move on.

Edited by Pronto

Posted

Something to remember... the point of these aren't to trade they are supposed to be to give to someone who made a good impression on you by helping you out etc.

2 people like this

Posted

Something to remember... the point of these aren't to trade they are supposed to be to give to someone who made a good impression on you by helping you out etc.

This!

Best case scenario you just lost 40 something HP pots and that's worth nothing, I doubt you'll get the necklace and the rings are just 70K. Move on, learn from the experience, join a guild, get others to know you and you to know others and you won't have this kind of issues.

Posted

i played eve online for 8 years. 

Rule 1 is don't fly aynything you cant afford to lose

Rule 2. Don't trust anyone, not even your own mother

Posted

Damn.  Had no idea that's what those things did.  Shouldn't have thrown mine away for inventory space.

Posted

And this right here is a prime example of why you should not trust random people, especially over the internet.

pretty much , wait till he makes a 50 scroll group and everyone has no scrolls lul.

Jk jk he won't get to 50.

Posted

Another thread about people who still don't understand it is not a scam. They are meant to be given away to someone without expecting a return.

Posted (edited)

Edan's [HOSTILE] guild, and players LDS, Masochist, and PCP are all well known scammers that are completely open about it.

Edited by SoggyCow

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0