• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[UPDATED] Daum - Why the hell can't we trade or mail items to friends?

1,710 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Title.  This is a basic feature of every single MMO.  I just want to give my friend an apple and the trade function allows me to trade a beginner potion and nothing else it seems.

What is the excuse here?

Edit: Looks like items starting tomorrow will be soulbound as soon as they're traded.  If that doesn't include every item and still just includes potions and food, I will update this post.

Edit 2: Okay so now they've made items that are traded unable to be sold in any capacity and soulbound the items as well.  But they still just left it for food, beer & potion selling?  What is actually even going on over at Daum?  The reason behind no trading was apparently so RMT was impossible - and now they've basically guaranteed that anything traded is valueless to anybody except the recipient.  But they didn't expand the items that are able to be traded?  Is this real life?  

Edited by Mdogg
Removed the quote. Too many good posts to choose from.
36 people like this

Posted (edited)

The logic is that gear doesn't have requirements so everybody would gift their level 1 friends end-game gear. I agree, though, that we should be able to trade common goods (and no gold). But uh, no idea beyond that.

Edited by Ulfnaor

Posted

we dont want gold sellers in bdo. 

40 people like this

Posted

we dont want gold sellers in bdo. 

too late. lol

24 people like this

Posted

Best feature in this game

12 people like this

Posted

To keep out gold sellers even though they're already here.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Okay so to deflect gold selling I can't even give my friend basic items he needs for crafting that I no longer need or want?  That's flawed.  MMOs from 1990s had trading in them.  There is no excuse to leave a basic MMO feature absent behind the "preventing gold sellers" excuse.

Edited by Mdogg
21 people like this

Posted (edited)

Okay so to deflect gold selling I can't even give my friend basic items he needs for crafting that I no longer need or want?  That's flawed.  MMOs from 1990s had trading in them.  There is no excuse to leave a basic MMO feature absent behind the "preventing gold sellers" excuse.

It would be almost as bad as removing chat to stop harassment. 

Edited by SammySJ
Chat, not trade. Whoops.
26 people like this

Posted

sorry mate but if you don't like it, leave. There is no harm in him gathering the mats or buying them from the marketplace, personally I like it this way, everyone has to work for what they want even down to the simple things instead of just being provided it by others. 

38 people like this

Posted

But combating bots is a staple of MMOs. It's almost rite of passage.

1 person likes this

Posted

too late. lol

care to explain? 

Posted

sorry mate but if you don't like it, leave. There is no harm in him gathering the mats or buying them from the marketplace, personally I like it this way, everyone has to work for what they want even down to the simple things instead of just being provided it by others. 

Right so because I'm asking about something I automatically hate the game and should leave.  Typical fanboy reply.  I'm asking why a feature isn't here that should be.  In a game so reliant on crafting and professions, not being able to trade is laughable at best.

13 people like this

Posted

basic feature of every mmo

except bdo isnt your typical mmo

it takes "mmo" and puts it on steroids and then improves what people thought sucked about mmos (instances, dumb hour long raid dungeons, flying mounts, teleport travel, etc)

trading is one of them

to give things to your friend you will just have to list stuff up on the AH and tell him to look in 30 minutes to buy the cheapest one listed. its VERY easy to get silvers.

19 people like this

Posted

Right so because I'm asking about something I automatically hate the game and should leave.  Typical fanboy reply.  I'm asking why a feature isn't here that should be.  In a game so reliant on crafting and professions, not being able to trade is laughable at best.

well to be fair you are being pretty salty in your replies regarding, I'm just saying if you feel strongly enough about trading then perhaps this isn't for you. Anyway why should players just be handed down everything you give them? sure its standard in a lot of theme park mmos but this isn't your typical mmo. 

4 people like this

Posted

It's a matter of perspective.  I actually like it.  I like people earning what they get.  The AH is designed with basically fixed prices and your friend can buy your apple off the AH.  It's not perfect but it I like what it prevents and I have never really been the type to let people give me stuff, I like to feel some sense of accomplishment.  it's definitely frustrating if you just need an axe or an apple but what it prevents, to me, is worth it.

No you shouldn't just quit. Like other features, some will like it, some will not.

3 people like this

Posted

it takes "mmo" and puts it on steroids and then improves what people thought sucked about mmos (instances, dumb hour long raid dungeons, flying mounts, teleport travel, etc)

trading is one of them

to give things to your friend you will just have to list stuff up on the AH and tell him to look in 30 minutes to buy the cheapest one listed. its VERY easy to get silvers.

Removing trade isn't an "improvement" by any means, it removes the social interaction that could be realized with it. Say building a boat, it's a rather large effort to gather all the materials or quite costly if you can manage to buy them, but say if you had a group of friends and split the materials between each other and then made one as a group effort. That's the point of an MMO, to work together for a specific goal, as it stands (to my knowledge) it's something the game lacks apart from guild quests, boss scrolls sieges/node wars. 

26 people like this

Posted

Removing trade isn't an "improvement" by any means, it removes the social interaction that could be realized with it. Say building a boat, it's a rather large effort to gather all the materials or quite costly if you can manage to buy them, but say if you had a group of friends and split the materials between each other and then made one as a group effort. That's the point of an MMO, to work together for a specific goal, as it stands (to my knowledge) it's something the game lacks apart from guild quests, boss scrolls sieges/node wars. 

that's what workers are for, to go out and collect the things you need to build that boat, plus you could a always speed it up and get some yourself too. 

You have to remember what else player trading would bring if it came into BDO 

chat spam - WTS Yadayadayada

gold sellers 

item sellers

new players given enchanted armour/weapons items without working for them and being clueless about the game 

That's off the top of my head, I'd personally not want to see that anytime soon 

12 people like this

Posted

that's what workers are for, to go out and collect the things you need to build that boat, plus you could a always speed it up and get some yourself too. 

gold sellers 

item sellers

new players given enchanted armour/weapons items without working for them and being clueless about the game 

There is already chat spam and people advertising gold websites.  Clearly them doing this stops nobody from selling gold.  It hurts players who want to just play the game.

I was teaching a friend how to make beer, and how to cook in general. 

He ran out of energy, and we had to stand around twiddling our thumbs waiting on his workers because there was no potato's on the AH

I had like 500

IMMO.thumb.jpg.d86259656e00d8921a4303203

I wish I could like your post more than once.  That comic really is the best visualization of exactly what this is.  it's a joke. 

19 people like this

Posted

gold sellers 

item sellers

Workers come with their own restrictions, such as time, you'd also need energy to gather some items unless you want to spend a ton of contribution pointless. Anyhow, you somehow entirely missed my point, let me repeat, this is an MMO, they key part of any MMO and especially a sandbox MMORPG is the social interaction. Replacing it with NPC "interaction" isn't a suitable replacement, unless of course you play Black Desert like a singleplayer game which would defeat the purpose. 

Gold Sellers: Must be level 50+, and have had that friend on your friend's list for at least 7 days. If Daum can't ban the bot in the time it takes it to reach level 50 (if bots can even do that here?) + 7 days, then their incompetence is to blame. Alternatively you could restrict trading silver altogether. 

Item Sellers: Same restrictions above, items that have an enchantment rating of +1 or above can't be traded anywhere but the marketplace and to vendors. Items with a value of 500,000+ can't be traded to players and only sold through the marketplace. 

Chat Spam: Create a trade chat, unless you mean gold seller, then look at above answers. 

9 people like this

Posted

There is already chat spam and people advertising gold websites.  Clearly them doing this stops nobody from selling gold.  It hurts players who want to just play the game.

how exactly do they get this gold if there is no player trading? 

1 person likes this

Posted

trading is one of them

Hey, thats how I do in real life. I tell my friend "hey dude, I gotcha this time so imma buy this 5 dollar drink, but you have to give me 5 dollars now so you can get my gift to you!"

Posted

how exactly do they get this gold if there is no player trading? 

Go to one of these sites and see for yourself.  They're advertising already and the websites do exist.  Not my business or problem to check it out.  I'm just trying to give my friend some damn apples.

Posted

No direct trade is one of the most important Features of BDO, and one that really makes a difference. Its clear that some people will need time to understand that.

I wish I could like your post more than once.  That comic really is the best visualization of exactly what this is.  it's a joke. 

The very few Gold "spammers" are scams only very uninformed players fall for. If you don't understand why certain Systems are in place, you don't understand the game yet.

4 people like this

Posted

No direct trade is one of the most important Features of BDO, and one that really makes a difference. Its clear that some people will need time to understand that.

Okay so explain why you enjoy the lack of basic trading / mailing?  Why do you feel that's a good thing?  Want to help a friend build a boat?  Want to help them get some items to craft?  The only people who like this single player crafting shit is people with no friends.

11 people like this

Posted

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Considering our world is base on trading, everything we own is because of trading and that one key feature of humanity or rather all living beings is what unite us, AND that is removed (or rather limited) the game Black Desert Online pretty much feels like a single player game. LOL

Alot of the defenders of "no trading" has no idea how much the trading availability could enhance the gameplay of the game. Gold spammers are the primary reason for it, but really, the pros and cons are pretty unbalance at all. Sacrifice a great feature that would possibly make the game much better, much much better because of gold spammers taking advantage of it.

Okay so explain why you enjoy the lack of basic trading / mailing?  Why do you feel that's a good thing?  Want to help a friend build a boat?  Want to help them get some items to craft?  The only people who like this single player crafting shit is people with no friends.

Because Skryim was a cool expereince so people wanna create that feeling again.

8 people like this