• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[UPDATED] Daum - Why the hell can't we trade or mail items to friends?

1,710 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone research the games they buy nowadays or does everyone just buy them and then demand them to be turned into the next X clone.

It's not like this was breaking news that you couldn't trade, next time do a shred of research and if it's not what you want ... don't buy it.

Posted

Does anyone research the games they buy nowadays or does everyone just buy them and then demand them to be turned into the next X clone.

It's not like this was breaking news that you couldn't trade, next time do a shred of research and if it's not what you want ... don't buy it.

I knew, I disliked it, I think the game would be better if you could trade.

If you think being able to give items to someone else makes this game a clone of anything, you must have very limited criteria.

Posted

I knew, I disliked it, I think the game would be better if you could trade.

If you think being able to give items to someone else makes this game a clone of anything, you must have very limited criteria.

Your adorable.

The point still stands, if you knew this is what to expect going in then why act like you're shocked and expect it to change?

If you didn't know this is what to expect, do some research in the future.

Posted

The game had trading in its description last year, and it also had trade steal AND different types of guild. All this thread is trying to do is re-implement what was disabled, we aint asking for a unicorn to come out of nowhere LOL.

2 people like this

Posted

Player1 : dude, imma start cooking today so I can wear that sweet outfit

Player2: cool, is perfect, I got 300 (insert ingredient here) so you can go fluck yoursel and buy this in the market instead of me trading this to you. Obviously thats the best thing, after all I have no care about this ingredients and was actually gonna trow it away BUT why not just sell it to you?

Real life logic, lets apply this:

Dude 1: Dude you got any soda?

Dude2: yep, in the fridge

Duude 1: ok, cool. Can I have it?

Dude2: yea sure dude, lemme just post it on ebay so you can get it later.

cool-story-bro-500x499.jpg

Perfect!  I love it!

Posted

No trading isn't only in place to stop gold sellers.  The entire market system and tax system also relies on all trades going through the market system so taxes can be collected and distributed to the owning guilds. 

Allowing player to player trading will ruin this whole, very important system in BDO. 

Posted

No trading isn't only in place to stop gold sellers.  The entire market system and tax system also relies on all trades going through the market system so taxes can be collected and distributed to the owning guilds. 

Allowing player to player trading will ruin this whole, very important system in BDO. 

Every MMO out there in the last 10 years has had trading and marketplaces in game.  Funny how all those games seem to be doing just fine. 

Posted

Every MMO out there in the last 10 years has had trading and marketplaces in game.  Funny how all those games seem to be doing just fine. 

None of those games have the conquest and guild payment systems BDO does.  It's not even a valid comparison. 

Posted

None of those games have the conquest and guild payment systems BDO does.  It's not even a valid comparison. 

Yeah, none of them have these systems.  BDO is the holy grail of MMOs and can do no wrong and it's perfect in every way.

Posted

Yeah, none of them have these systems.  BDO is the holy grail of MMOs and can do no wrong and it's perfect in every way.

Indeed, and your ad hominem doesn't change the fact that entire game systems were built around restricting player trading. 

It really doesn't matter if every other MMO allows player trading.  This one doesn't and it's to support a lot more other systems in the game than just being a gold seller deterrent. Thinking they can just turn it on shows some real ignorance in BDO game structure.   

Posted

fact that entire game systems were built around restricting player trading.

Bullshit.  Also "Thinking they can turn it on shows real ignorance" really?  Because there's already trading in the game it's just limited.  But yeah, I'm the ignorant one, LOL.

Posted

Because we all know how gold sellers destroyed wow right?  How many people are still playing it?  This is supposed to be a sandbox for ----- sake.  

Posted

havent seen one gold spammer yet and ive been on 24/7.. it has been wonderful.. please do not give in to the very vocal few.

1 person likes this

Posted

Your adorable.

The point still stands, if you knew this is what to expect going in then why act like you're shocked and expect it to change?

If you didn't know this is what to expect, do some research in the future.

I'm not acting shocked by it not having trading! If anything, I'm shocked at how vehemently people oppose trading, and the constant insinuation that somehow I'm pro-RMT because I think interpersonal trades can make the game better.

That's my whole angle here. I'm racking up a ton of time in this game, and there's so much about it I love that I've become completely immersed in it and don't even care about leveling up, cause I'm too busy! Who's got time to fight imps when you gotta tend to yo crops after you talk to some dwarves?

My first post on this forum was about how much I loved the game in ways I didn't expect, but wished I could do things like give other players items and play as dwarves. It hasn't changed. I don't play games with a grim acceptance that things I don't like about them will never change and I should just accept it and be done with it. I'm vocal about what I think could be done to improve things when a game is still in active development, and dawg guess what, every MMO is always in active development. 

I want trading because I think the co-operative potential in the non-combat skills is immense, if we could just tag more items as tradeable. Do you say the same things to people who are upset about cash shop prices and the dye system being an insane mess? Because my desire for player to player trade comes from the exact same place: I've fallen in love with this game, but I think there's parts that could be much better if the game just opened itself up.

Posted (edited)

I like what PA set out to achieve by not including P2P trading.

I do however feel the lack of any collaboration between players on tasks is a great loss. EG, building a fishing boat together.

I hope ways can be found to allow us to work together to achieve some of the tasks the game offers.

Edited by Nikonthenet

Posted

As far as i can tell from chat and asking around, none of the Gold-sellers have yet delivered anything.

I doubt they will either. And once the guest passes dry up, so will these scammers.

Posted

havent seen one gold spammer yet and ive been on 24/7.. it has been wonderful.. please do not give in to the very vocal few.

There are already gold / RMT sellers in the game, lmao.  "Vocal few" okay that's why the survey for re-enabling trading came in favor of "yes"

I'm not acting shocked by it not having trading! If anything, I'm shocked at how vehemently people oppose trading, and the constant insinuation that somehow I'm pro-RMT because I think interpersonal trades can make the game better.

That's my whole angle here. I'm racking up a ton of time in this game, and there's so much about it I love that I've become completely immersed in it and don't even care about leveling up, cause I'm too busy! Who's got time to fight imps when you gotta tend to yo crops after you talk to some dwarves?

My first post on this forum was about how much I loved the game in ways I didn't expect, but wished I could do things like give other players items and play as dwarves. It hasn't changed. I don't play games with a grim acceptance that things I don't like about them will never change and I should just accept it and be done with it. I'm vocal about what I think could be done to improve things when a game is still in active development, and dawg guess what, every MMO is always in active development. 

I want trading because I think the co-operative potential in the non-combat skills is immense, if we could just tag more items as tradeable. Do you say the same things to people who are upset about cash shop prices and the dye system being an insane mess? Because my desire for player to player trade comes from the exact same place: I've fallen in love with this game, but I think there's parts that could be much better if the game just opened itself up.

I still have yet to figure that out either.  Like if you want to just use the market fine but all these people so against it really just make me scratch my head.  Not sure what the deal is here.

As far as i can tell from chat and asking around, none of the Gold-sellers have yet delivered anything.

I doubt they will either. And once the guest passes dry up, so will these scammers.

Oh well if you asked around and saw it from chat then it's gotta be 100% confirmed fact.

Posted

Because of the "wont want gold selling community, im everyday online, i should be the best player" because i have no life besides playing but with gold sellers casual people get the gear too and thats not supposed to happen obviously because i cant own them then. 

Posted

There are already gold / RMT sellers in the game, lmao.  "Vocal few" okay that's why the survey for re-enabling trading came in favor of "yes"

I still have yet to figure that out either.  Like if you want to just use the market fine but all these people so against it really just make me scratch my head.  Not sure what the deal is here.

Oh well if you asked around and saw it from chat then it's gotta be 100% confirmed fact.

-shrug- Just because it interferes with your narrow minded viewpoint doesn't make it irrelevant.

As to your poll. Completely meaningless since the forum *IS* the vocal minority. A very, VERY small minority. Most players are completely happy to just play the game. INCLUDING NO TRADING.

Posted (edited)

Ok Keth so why don't you tell me why you personally don't want trading.  Since you appear to have a strong opinion against it.  I want to hear your personal reason why you think an MMO is fine without trading.  I'm also not narrow minded.  I've in this thread said that the one merit this system has is making things harder for RMT.  Not a good enough excuse to limit trading so hard.  This is a -----ing MMO - social interaction should be encouraged, not limited.

Edited by Mdogg

Posted (edited)

I've posted it in other threads, feel free to look it up. It's not a secret.

It's 2:20am here now, and my fisher is ready to afk fish, so it's goodnight from me.

Edited by Keth

Posted (edited)

I've posted it in other threads, feel free to look it up. It's not a secret.

It's 2:20am here now, and my fisher is ready to afk fish, so it's goodnight from me.

In other words you have no good reason.  Got it.  You're the one who is so staunchly against the notion of trading so it's not on me to go looking for your reasons as to why, lmao.  Can't even defend your own stance on something you seem so invested in. 

Good night.  May your AFK fishing overnight be more tolerated than trading.

Edited by Mdogg

Posted (edited)

There's a difference between gold spammers and "we steal your account the moment you give it to us and offer no actual service" spammers.

Edited by BikeMan

Posted

You guys have been busy little bees since i was asleep. 

I'll just address everything in a concise manner because it's far too much effort to address everyone individually!

NEWSFLASH

The game currently has trade, have you seen goldsellers ruining the game?

You can't ruin a fixed market

Unless 90% of players want to avoid the market (LOLOLOLOL) P2P Trade could not upset the market.

(Not to mention if 90% of the people wanted to avoid the market you should just change it)

Was there any other arguments against Trade?

NP_001.thumb.jpg.275506733377f862c55b0ce

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am sure there is definitely an issue, that's why they didn't bother changing it come from KR >> RU now to NA/EU 

B|

Like you have said, trade system is already in this game, do you honestly think the developers did not explicitly design the game so you cannot trade anything else other than potions?

Wish there is an active mod that will lock this thread

Beside you keep ignoring what other people have said as if they haven't address your concern. Yes, gold-sellers do ruin the game. 

Edited by PuppetYuber