• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[UPDATED] Daum - Why the hell can't we trade or mail items to friends?

1,710 posts in this topic

Posted

It's the responsibility of DAUM to take requests, feedback and other customer related issues back to the main developer.

I don't speak Korean, never did, and with a high probability never will. Nor do I play the KR version of the game, I play THIS version of the game.

Your solution to 1) Embrace ignorance, and 2) Suggest people go to some off site which is in a completely foreign language, makes me wonder, do you work for the government per chance? At least then I can understand why you propose these things.

And yes, I did look at the Korean site. I can't even tell which button is the forums.

So thanks for your extremely useful suggestions, and I have faith in you being a massive contributor towards improvement of the game in the future with your brilliant suggestions and eloquent way of communicating them to the rest of the community.

Ps. can you point out the forum button?

http://black.game.daum.net/black/index.daum

Korea_BDO.png

Do you even realise how much they would need to change in order to allow player 2 player trading? Not a single MMORPG within the last 10 years changed a core feature just because NA/EU doesnt like it. Player 2 Player trading would destroy the whole game they would need to change almost every weapon/armor in the game unless you want bots to sell +15 gear to lvl 1's. Economy would be shit and everything in the auction house would drop by 90%. They would need to change almost every single item in the game unless they want to destroy the whole economy. Gearing up would be so easy you dont even need to farm yourself anymore.

Player 2 Player trading would end up like WoW. Its boring and you dont need to do anything in order to get gear yourself. All you do is playing with AH and buying gear from Gold Sellers like in every other MMO just look at BnS. Right know you have to work in order to get a boat / horse / gear. You earned because you worked for it. I would never farm again if i could just purchase everything from other players why should i?

Get the best weapon drop from a world boss YEAH NICE.. well could have just purchased it for 50$ from someone else instead of farming for days. There is no point in making money or farming gear once you can trade with other people. Workers would be useless aswell.

Posted

I want player trading so that eventually on a truly massive scale my leveling and playing experience will be figthing bots, that way i can ensure that i ONLY have to interact with people in my guild and no one else ever. This way i can keep my MMO exerpwince true by never really meeting or seeing real players ingame. Aside of the other mega geared behemoths.

i need it to help my friends get bis gear 10 minutes ingame so they dont have to do much effort, i have done this in all the games i have played so far and and i should be able to here as well.

I disregard things like it has worked perfectly in Korea for 2 years and russia for 1 year but this is because asians cant make MMOs. They dont know how to make a game work with the west, we require help and aid because we are unable to do things properly for ourselves!

and while this is at it, besides trading we really need fast travel, i find it thedious to run around, we should be able to teleport between larger cities such as trent heidel and calpheon etc, this way we can get around much faster, min max on ah is up for debate.

essentially i just want another themepark clone because i find it hard to comprehend change. Making this feel like a normal mmo would make it easier for me to play for a few weeks before i go back to idling in my garrison again. 

Is this what we want, is this really what you want this amazing game to become? Is it really this hard to adapt and enjoy something that isnt massproduced as a 2 minute famegame?

Posted

The post got messed up so I'll try to reply as best I can.

You make a lot of good points, and as I've said before I do want to see a way to trade with others without causing problems for the game's economy. I agree that the market isn't reliable for trading items and money between friends and guildmates, which is why I'd like to see a peer-to-peer version added rather than as you put it...Ebay. xD

I do get why the lack of trading hurts this game as an MMO. But I'd like to find a middle ground without just opening the game up for gold sellers entirely. I've watched too many MMOs suffer because of gold sellers and I'd rather not see BDO give in just to please a few people wanting to give hand-me-downs. I think everyone should earn the bread they eat, but I do think there should be more interaction from where the bread comes from...if that makes any sense.

Posted

"earn everything 100% yourself" (Or just trade beer) (It's an MMO)

"Make sure they take any and every step themselves" (It's an MMO)

"Stops RMT" (No, it doesn't)

"stops multi-boxing" (Remember those beers we can trade?)

IT'S AN MMO

Or at least, that's what it's advertised as. 

my psychic Episode detector just detected a psychic Episode.

Posted

The post got messed up so I'll try to reply as best I can.
You make a lot of good points, and as I've said before I do want to see a way to trade with others without causing problems for the game's economy. I agree that the market isn't reliable for trading items and money between friends and guildmates, which is why I'd like to see a peer-to-peer version added rather than as you put it...Ebay. xD

I do get why the lack of trading hurts this game as an MMO. But I'd like to find a middle ground without just opening the game up for gold sellers entirely. I've watched too many MMOs suffer because of gold sellers and I'd rather not see BDO give in just to please a few people wanting to give hand-me-downs. I think everyone should earn the bread they eat, but I do think there should be more interaction from where the bread comes from...if that makes any sense.

BDO actually does a lot to deter RMT that other companies do not, such as global chat energy, and energy in general. 

It allows for money to be made while afk for the players, and resource nodes are all over the place, and i think they're based on proximity load/time. 

So bots will never be a huge issue. 

For me, it's not about hand me downs, I've so much beer i could just give them that and they could buy w/e gear they want with it. 

For me it's the ability to work with someone on something, not just sit there and watch them do it because i cant even give the guy some wood to float his boat. 

For others hand me downs is vital gameplay, if one partner has more time then the other, realistically, they're just going to not play the game period, if the couple can't play together, you lose both players. This applies to a lot of friends also, it's all good and fine to say "Go help your friend" but the reality is, they will just go find a game that allows them to play together, because that's why those people come to an MMO. 

I do believe a system needs to be implemented with RMT in mind, I also think something a little more creative then full trade would be wise, considering the tension on the topic. 

Posted

I do believe a system needs to be implemented with RMT in mind, I also think something a little more creative then full trade would be wise, considering the tension on the topic

This. Very much this. A reasonable response viewing both sides of the argument.

I'm straddling the fence on the whole trade thing. There are pros and cons to both, as many have pointed out here. I love single player sims and strategy games, so in that regard I don't mind it. But I also love playing co-op games with my friends and family, a lot of whom in MMOs we've worked together building a crafting enterprise. I think there can be creative solutions to help add the co-op side to the crafting system. My ideas...

Shared  Workshops and Warehouse Feature

1. Introduce a system where a group of up to 5 players can co-own a workshop.
  2. Then make a "Warehouse" that you can rent (with contribution points) exclusively for the co-owned workshop.
  3. Make it where the original player on the lease can set permissions on who can control the workers.
  4. Limit the warehouse to only allow for the storage of materials for the co-owned workshop that it's linked to.
  5. Have the warehouse set to ONLY allow withdraws or by the main name on the co-owned building lease. This way players can't use said feature just to set up a co-owned building so others can withdraw materials from the workshop warehouse.
  6. Goods sold from the co-owned workshop that are posted on the Marketplace will split between the co-owned players. Force an even split or scale based on resources deposited into the warehouse.
  7. Limit which kind of workshops can be co-owned. If you are worried about weapon twinking, exclude all Weapon and Armor shops from being co-owned.
  8. Make it where co-owners of workshops that build ships and wagons can share the inventory in said vessel, but can only withdraw their own items the put it.
  9. OR divide the storage of co-owned vessels by number of co-owners and keep it locked. Thus, building a co-owned vessel is a risk and has a downside (less storage for one person) if the others stop playing). It'd only be useful if the group/duo/trio are playing together, and only useful for them.

What this will allow is a limited number of friends to help ONE friend get big projects like a boat done giving them a sense of cooperation without opening the game up to abuse. And of course you can add other restrictions to help keep from messing with the trade market too much. Like maybe only one 3 co-owned workshops can be owned at once, and only by the 5 players in the co-ownership contract (almost like a clan). Or even make it where you can only have one co-owned worship at a time. This would make it where either each individual player would have to use their own workshop (one running refinery for ingots), or the group would have to co-own a refinery first, then switch to the next workshop, etc etc.

Crafted Items For Rent!
Make it where players can rent their crafted items for contribution points. You can rent items from NPCs that way, why not add it for players as well? The cost of rented items can be fixed. The higher quality/level of the item, the more contribution points it would cost. Limit the kind of items that can be rented. Maybe exclude weapons and armor? Perhaps limit the number of items a player can rent and rent out. Even if tools and fishing boats were the only things allowed to be rented that would go along way in feeling like you're helping someone. And fishing rods have skill limitations, so you don't have to worry about someone renting out an Artisan rod to a friend to powerlevel their fishing.

Trade Finished Goods for Materials
Make a system where you can trade a finished product to someone for the exact materials used to make the product.

If I want to trade iron ingots to someone, it'd require a price of 10 melted shards. It's a fair and even trade. Actually an uneven trade for the person who is making the

That's very limited co-op, but it's something. And it doesn't really mess with the economy much. Mostly because if someone has all the mats, they could technically get the building to finish the product and do it themselves providing they have the contribution. The only thing this does is save some from having to re-adjust their contribution points to craft the finished product. Yet it still requires them to put the time into collecting the materials. It allows for the fair exchange of goods.

No money is exchanging hands, so still requires both parties to put in work.

========================

At any rate, those are just a few ideas I had (I like the first the best). There are creative ways to introduce a semblance of co-op into the crafting world. Bottom line, people like to feel connected to their friends and they like the feeling of accomplishing something together. At the same time, I fully understand how allowing free trade between players could upset the economy and market.

1 person likes this

Posted

No trade! There is the marketplace.

Posted

I've stressed enough in Suggestions why having no trade ruins the game's potential.

I'm actually dumbfounded about the amount of people that support the inability to trade just because "OMG GOLD TRADERS" and feel terribly ashamed of being a MMO Gamer right now. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue the game at all after learning about the lack of trade, since i planned to play the sandbox with friends, and it's clearly something illegal here apparently.

If you feel like taking 15% of the game and throwing out everything else just in fear of cheaters or whatever though, be my guest. I won't take part no more.
Baum probably doesn't care anyway since I already spent money on the game and cosmetics, trying to play a "MMO".

Posted

No trade! There is the marketplace.

plz_001.thumb.jpg.72ffa5264428399be37956Read_it_001.thumb.jpg.75adce1c7acf4ed9ea

1 person likes this

Posted

Right, getting a group of friends together and organizing each to gather and process their materials, and then to give it to the person with the highest tier workers and shipyard isn't social interaction in the slightest. I swear people defending BDO to the death, going as far as to say the removal of a feature is an improvement, what's next? "BDO's abhorrent AI is an improvement because it isn't other MMOs!"? 

you can do all of that other than giving to the highest no complaints here still an improvement QQ

1 person likes this

Posted

Game is doing great, no bot/gold sellers so stop -----ing because you're too lazy to go do stuff yourself.

Posted

Game is doing great, no bot/gold sellers so stop -----ing because you're too lazy to go do stuff yourself.

MMO

Posted (edited)

I like the way the Goldsellers and their alts keep bumping this thread when it gets quiet so it's always on the first page.

Just loving the butt hurt this game and Daum have delivered to them.

Keep it up fellas, lol :).

Edited by Keth

Posted

MMO

no trading doesn't make it an MMO?

Posted

I like the way the Goldsellers and their alts keep bumping this thread when it gets quiet so it's always on the first page.

Just loving the butt hurt this game and Daum have delivered to them.

Keep it up fellas, lol :).

Cute

Posted

I'm so ashamed of the MMO gaming community right now.

Posted

no trading doesn't make it an MMO?

You mean no trading makes it not an mmo?

Nwa, it's still an mmo, sorta. 

wdywd_001.thumb.jpg.f16b616a39be6c732561

Posted

I've been playing basically single player so far as I didn't bring a bunch of old guildies with me to the game or anything, but if what OP says is true, that's a shame. Some of the most fun I've had in an MMO is co-operating with my guild to work on a common goal and inevitably, no matter what that goal is, it nearly always requires pooling resources and trading amongst guild mates. It helps makes guild achievements a unified bonding experience. I don't need to make cash off my guild mates and friends, but I wouldn't mind being social with them and forming solid SOCIAL communities. Weird that, wanting social tools in an MMO.

If you want to take the RMT argument I have one simple reply to you: Keep it so money cannot be traded, however...

There's also the fact that RMT seems to be in the game anyway? Reading the chat log when I'm fishing, I have seen spam for websites selling silver and pearl shop items consistently since day one. I'm curious as to how they do this, as I was aware you can't trade money already and heard about limitation in trade loosely, but however they do it, they do. No matter what you do, you will never stop RMT. Show me an MMO that didn't have it in one form or another. It's big business and where there is a will (or at least a profit) there is a way.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been playing basically single player so far as I didn't bring a bunch of old guildies with me to the game or anything, but if what OP says is true, that's a shame. Some of the most fun I've had in an MMO is co-operating with my guild to work on a common goal and inevitably, no matter what that goal is, it nearly always requires pooling resources and trading amongst guild mates. It helps makes guild achievements a unified bonding experience. I don't need to make cash off my guild mates and friends, but I wouldn't mind being social with them and forming solid SOCIAL communities. Weird that, wanting social tools in an MMO.

If you want to take the RMT argument I have one simple reply to you: Keep it so money cannot be traded, however...

There's also the fact that RMT seems to be in the game anyway? Reading the chat log when I'm fishing, I have seen spam for websites selling silver and pearl shop items consistently since day one. I'm curious as to how they do this, as I was aware you can't trade money already and heard about limitation in trade loosely, but however they do it, they do. No matter what you do, you will never stop RMT. Show me an MMO that didn't have it in one form or another. It's big business and where there is a will (or at least a profit) there is a way.

Most pearl shop stuff is a scam, you can trade consumables currently and nothing else, so there's nothing stopping or even seriously deterring goldselling currently. 

The limitation achieves nothing but making it hard to work together. 

Posted

Most pearl shop stuff is a scam

I don't think this is necessarily true, you can gift pearl shop items to friends, so I think this is how they work around that, though I'm still perplexed about silver and also how they make a profit on the pearl stuff (bulk buying pearls?). This is the stuff I sit and think about whilst fishing when I see that chat spam.. god damn my life lol.

I agree about it achieving nothing but making it hard to work together though. I have a friend who dips in and out of MMOs with me sometimes,  I'll give him my guest pass this week and I'm also sure that making a fishing boat and going exploring together would have been top of our list, but it looks like it's on me to make the boat. I don't mind that tbh, but it's not very inclusive. Sure we can go sail the boat together, but making it as a little team would be a lot more enjoyable and rewarding for both parties.

Posted

Going to do the best I can to catch up with the thread and reply to people.  Will edit this post shortly.

Posted

So far I've encountered 1 situation where trading would be usefull. However it was nowhere close to be "needed".

In all fair honest, I like to not be able to trade! It adds a whole new level of experience to the game, and so far I have not seen ingame goldspammers or anything yet. I absolutely LOVE the fact those are not present.

No, keep trading as far away as possible. Even make the potions untradable aswel so nothing can be traded!

Posted

So far I've encountered 1 situation where trading would be usefull. However it was nowhere close to be "needed".

In all fair honest, I like to not be able to trade! It adds a whole new level of experience to the game, and so far I have not seen ingame goldspammers or anything yet. I absolutely LOVE the fact those are not present.

No, keep trading as far away as possible. Even make the potions untradable aswel so nothing can be traded!

Let me get some screenshots for you when I get home because on Edan I see advertisements constantly for "PEARL SHOP DISCOUNTS" and other similar spam.  Also you can already RMT with the trade capability of potions and food items.  So if that's your one argument against trading, then how do you feel now that it already exists and happens?  Change your mind any?

Posted

Right so because I'm asking about something I automatically hate the game and should leave.  Typical fanboy reply.  I'm asking why a feature isn't here that should be.  In a game so reliant on crafting and professions, not being able to trade is laughable at best.

As has already been seen, gold traders, instead of trading gold, are now trading the potions that can be sold on the AH system. Gold traders always find a way around the system, but I do not take issue with making it harder for them. That said, yes, the system as is makes it a bit painful, but honestly, it takes..what 5 or 10k silver and a few contribution points to open a node, and have the raw mats farmed for you, and that is just in the first 10 levels or so that you can accumulate what you need to do so. I understand the sentiment that you want to trade the raw mats you don't need to friends, but honestly, post them on the AH, and sell them.

I am all for creating a private trade on the AH so that friends, guild members, or what not can privately trade thru a system that can be monitored with the intent of tracing and preventing bots, but don't know if that would work either, really. In this particular game, collecting raw mats is extremely easy, and farming isn't really even needed to obtain them. I've had to deal with this personally with friends already as well, that were short one or two of the mat they needed to make something, and I had it, but couldn't provide it to them. ...so totally get how it is annoying, but honestly, I've only seen one or two spammers since the game launched. That is not typical of any game launch, as I'm sure you are aware. There will always be someone or some company that gets thru, but I personally am willing to accept the added challenge of collecting my own mats, and selling what I don't need, versus being able to provide for a friend. 

I would also pose the question of whether this is permanent or temporary at the launch of the game. I would wager it highly likely that some of the restraints, for lack of a better term, will be removed the further away we get from initial launch.

Posted

Let me get some screenshots for you when I get home because on Edan I see advertisements constantly for "PEARL SHOP DISCOUNTS" and other similar spam.  Also you can already RMT with the trade capability of potions and food items.  So if that's your one argument against trading, then how do you feel now that it already exists and happens?  Change your mind any?

Tells me we need to get rid of potion trading.   And, the Pearl Shop Discounts aren't sellers.  They are scammers.  So nothing is actually going on.