• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[UPDATED] Daum - Why the hell can't we trade or mail items to friends?

1,710 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not denying PvP in this game is multiplayer. 

I am saying that everything else in the game is single player. 

You can't gather with someone

you can't gather for someone,

You literally can do nothing to help anyone do anything

but sit there and watch them do it entirely themselves. 

This is an MMO, isn't it?

No amount of chat spam could ever possibly do as much damage to a game as no trade. 

As usual, well said.

1 person likes this

Posted

We said there was not spam and the pictures haven't proven us wrong. What the pictures did do is prove us right. There is no gold farming 'spam'. As you can see from the images provided.

Also I do not despise trading, I simply enjoy the fact that BDO has created a system that eliminates the need for it and replaces it with self reward and gratification for each players experience and doesn't require you to work with others in order to feel relevant to the game.

There is gold spam in Edan, and one of the reasons there's less goldspam is the game is B2P and chat cost energy.

Not because of lack of trade. 

There's plenty of single player games out there to gain your single player gratification,

Or you can do it here, just don't ----- up the game for others. 

No because other means of trading goods like the marketplace are already in place. But players who want to play mostly solo or in smaller exclusive groups shouldn't be penalized for it by not being able to compete with large guilds right?

Collaborative play should be more productive then solo play. 

That is what will keep people playing the game, there's a direct correlation between social circles and the longevity of players and money. 

The marketplace is a crappy for of trade. You want copper ore? Sure man, let me just post it on ebay and in 15-30 mins later,

if you're lucky, you will be the first person to buy it. 

Totally multiplayer right there, awesome way to trade we don't need P2P trade because of the market!

That argument is as big a joke as avoiding the RMT that's already in the game. 

Well Daum doesn't agree with you and I'm glad the don't. Hence why I'm here.

How can you sit there and type something saying single players aren't hurt by trade. They acquire materials at a drastically slower rate than a group pooling together and thus making the reward of obtaining any object less rewarding when so many others have achieved it in fractions of the time.

Come on man this is common sense. The system is fair as it is. You can't argue that. You just want to be able to convenience it or speed up group progression. Ok I get it... But your a liar if you sit here and tell me Speeding up group progression doesn't come at the expense of solo play.

Also I apologize for the meme but it automatically posts now when I edit a post, I'm sure it's my phones fault. It annoyed me at first but I'm starting to like it. Sorry either way I'm not mocking you guys with it, it just is what it is.

I get that you like single play, and i'm sorry if you feel like trade will ruin your single player experience, but, this is an mmo,

or at least it was advertised as one. 

I also like this because there are no beggers whining for someone to give them gear, money, because of blah blah blah insert mundane sob-fest.

I hate that in so many other games the first thing a new person in the guild does is... "hey can I borrow/loan/get some money/material?" Then I say, GTFO.  

There's nothing stopping that here. As posted previously. 

1 person likes this

Posted

system is in place to prevent market manipulation from hardcore no lifers who sit on the computers 24/7 or whales with deep pockets and last but not least gold sellers, this happened in every mmorpg w/o these preventive measures as a result the economy is screwed...

is this the best solution, nope but as it is there isnt any that is better so far and its working as intended so far we have only 2-3 gold spammers in-game, which means there is a goddam loophole which needs to be addressed. 

imo, this concept is hard to be accept for those players who is below a certain maturity level esp those who spam forums with their mindless QQ attempts.., get a job and work a couple of years then they'll understand fully whats happening..

my 2 cents.

Posted (edited)

This comment just made me want to scratch my brain. We are talking about trading right? the system that made your computer what it is LOL. 

Tradings not flying horses or killer combo, tradings trading wtf? The world revolves around trading, alliances and enemies are made in trading online and offline. Are you that insane to think its just another mmo concept? wtf?

Do you grow all your food, and get all your stuff for your house made by your own company... actually made by yourself with materials made by you alone? 

Everytime I see comments like this I wonder? 

Just reminds me of this

trump-tweet-1-589x442.thumb.jpg.16580d86

No.

But you do go down to the home depot or wal-mart in order to buy them. :) 

You only use craigslist for hookers and the occasional rare find.

Edited by Vhagar

Posted

imo, this concept is hard to be accept for those players who is below a certain maturity level esp those who spam forums with their mindless QQ attempts.., get a job and work a couple of years then they'll understand fully whats happening..

my 2 cents.

Are you sure you're replying to the right thread?  I mean really, what the ----- are you on about?

Posted

There is gold spam in Edan, and one of the reasons there's less goldspam is the game is B2P and chat cost energy.

Not because of lack of trade. 

There's plenty of single player games out there to gain your single player gratification,

Or you can do it here, just don't ----- up the game for others. 

Collaborative play should be more productive then solo play. 

That is what will keep people playing the game, there's a direct correlation between social circles and the longevity of players and money. 

The marketplace is a crappy for of trade. You want copper ore? Sure man, let me just post it on ebay and in 15-30 mins later,

if you're lucky, you will be the first person to buy it. 

Totally multiplayer right there, awesome way to trade we don't need P2P trade because of the market!

That argument is as big a joke as avoiding the RMT that's already in the game. 

I get that you like single play, and i'm sorry if you feel like trade will ruin your single player experience, but, this is an mmo,

or at least it was advertised as one. 

There's nothing stopping that here. As posted previously. 

BDO has more than enough collaborative play to keep players staying in the game other than trading. MMO's don't need trading to sustain itself. 

Posted

system is in place to prevent market manipulation from hardcore no lifers who sit on the computers 24/7 or whales with deep pockets and last but not least gold sellers, this happened in every mmorpg w/o these preventive measures as a result the economy is screwed...

is this the best solution, nope but as it is there isnt any that is better so far and its working as intended so far we have only 2-3 gold spammers in-game, which means there is a goddam loophole which needs to be addressed. 

my 2 cents.

they don't agree with me, it must be their lack of comprehension and or maturity. 

Or you could just, be wrong. 

There's plenty of systems better then the current already in the forums,

many of which stops RMT a lot more than it does now. 

you can't ruin a market with set prices. 

No.

But you do go down to the home depot or wal-mart in order to buy them. :) 

You only use craigslist for hookers and the occasional rare find.

Mate, god any beer?

Sure man, let my just post that on ebay for you, in 15-30 mins if no-one else takes the beer first you can have one. 

Awesome! thanks man. 

BDO has more than enough collaborative play to keep players staying in the game other than trading. MMO's don't need trading to sustain itself. 

The game should try to improve itself, and gain more players,

not just appeal to the clique of PvPers and kick everyone else to the curb. 

Posted

What can players do together aside from PvPing and grinding mobs?  I'd love to hear what you think is more than enough.  And there's a reason every MMO since the 1990s has had trading in it... Just sayin.

Posted

26 damn pages... 

CiymTLU.gif

Posted (edited)

26 damn pages... 

CiymTLU.gif

Well people feel strongly on both sides, clearly.  

Edit: wow, 27 pages now.

Edited by Mdogg

Posted

What can players do together aside from PvPing and grinding mobs?  I'd love to hear what you think is more than enough.  And there's a reason every MMO since the 1990s has had trading in it... Just sayin.

Guild missions? Exploring the world? Horse Races? Hunting whales? 

Yea, and there's a reason all of those MMO's are flooded with BUYGOLDNOW.COM constantly. 

"This game has them too." 

Way less frequently, to the point where they are almost non-existent. 

"But you can trade foo-" 

Shut up, they don't have any way to profit off of that. 

"But they are here so it doe-" 

Shut up, its obviously an improvement you're trying to ignore. 

3 people like this

Posted

I'm completely fine with this.

I do wish we could trade more low-tier items though, or at least donate mats to guildies.

Maybe give full trading rights to players who have been friends with each other for x amount of time.

Posted (edited)

As usual, well said.

You can gather with people. There are entire guild missions with gathering with your guild. 

Unlocking trade would add 100s of things to do, not one. 

Wait, you consider Gathering items, that you  literally can't do together,

or even remotely trade with each other

a multiplayer activity? 

HOW?

I'm not denying PvP in this game is multiplayer. 

I am saying that everything else in the game is single player. 

You can't gather with someone

you can't gather for someone,

You literally can do nothing to help anyone do anything

but sit there and watch them do it entirely themselves. 

This is an MMO, isn't it?

No amount of chat spam could ever possibly do as much damage to a game as no trade. 

So you literally can't do guild missions which encourage all of your guildies to go out there and find x number of random resource? That you can then sell on the marketplace, or use to create things for your guild like a fishing boat, not a multiplayer activity? If you're sitting there watching all of your gulidies do the gathering for the mission you're a shit guild member. 

Literally? 

Edited by Vhagar

Posted

I'm completely fine with this.

I do wish we could trade more low-tier items though, or at least donate mats to guildies.

Maybe give full trading rights to players who have been friends with each other for x amount of time.

That's definitely a viable option.  Have like friendship exp or levels or something.  Require time or activities done with the other person to gain their "trust" or something and allow trading after a certain point?  Good idea.

Posted

we dont want gold sellers in bdo. 

Didn't help out really.

Posted

Didn't help out really.

It did, and if you don't think so you're delusional. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't help out really.

It really didn't.  And I think it's funny how apparently people who want trade apparently want gold sellers?  I don't want them either.  I just want to be able to trade.

Yeah he must be delusional.  There are already gold spammers in chat and people can already RMT with food and beer and potions.  It's already occurring.  Maybe if you got stopped thinking BDO is the promised land of MMOs and can do no wrong, maybe you'll see more clearly. .  

Posted

Title.  This is a basic feature of every single MMO.  I just want to give my friend an apple and the trade function allows me to trade a beginner potion and nothing else it seems.

What is the excuse here?

I reply your first post, as the rest of the threads is derail from topic. Basic answer to basic question, 

Can you ask your friend to go find apple tree and gather the apple, Show him the way to apple tree o.O. Everybody has beginner potions when questing.:| Its really easy. 

Why you feeding and helping your "friend " in small tasks. This create problems, when your "friend" keep asking you for everything. :S

Posted

I reply your first post, as the rest of the threads is derail from topic. Basic answer to basic question, 

Can you ask your friend to go find apple tree and gather the apple, Show him the way to apple tree o.O. Everybody has beginner potions when questing.:| Its really easy. 

Why you feeding and helping your "friend " in small tasks. This create problems, when your "friend" keep asking you for everything. :S

I know right, I like this system. My friend is crafting a boat for us to go fishing, and she's doing it all by herself. I get to ride the boat without contributing anything =)

Easy life baby.

Posted

Guild missions? Exploring the world? Horse Races?

Hunting whales and Horse racing was on my list. 

I can explore the world in skyrim on skype with friends, too

SKYRIM MMO right?

Yea, and there's a reason all of those MMO's are flooded with BUYGOLDNOW.COM constantly. 

Because they're free to play, and don't have things like energy costs to chat. 

"This game has them too." 

Yeah, it does. 

Way less frequently, to the point where they are almost non-existent. 

Based on? They don't spam chat, and the game is new, they need to farm that gold. 

"But you can trade foo-" 

Which is important. 

Shut up, they don't have any way to profit off of that. 

Yes they do? Tarded baseless comment. 

"But they are here so it doe-" 

ofc it matters, it just makes further trade restrictions pointless. 

Shut up, its obviously an improvement you're trying to ignore. 

No, it's not. You clearly need someone to explain too you how RMT works in this game. 

Alternatively, you could read the thread. 

You can gather with people. There are entire guild missions with gathering with your guild. 

Have you even done them? It's literally solo play gathering and the resources are not even used for anything, they sit in your bank.

The only thing multiplayer about it is a little meter in the corner.  

So you literally can't do guild missions which encourage all of your guildies to go out there and find x number of random resource? That you can then sell on the marketplace, or use to create things for your guild like a fishing boat, not a multiplayer activity? If you're sitting there watching all of your gulidies do the gathering for the mission you're a shit guild member. 

Literally? 

Reiteration, It's a poor substitute, albeit it's at least something. 

It's still a poor argument compared to the plethora of things trade enables. 

The guild tab even has a deposit button that is grayed out and unable to use. 

What a waste of a perfectly good system. 

If you think it was the current trade setup that is slowing down goldsellers, you're ignorant. 

Posted

I know right, I like this system. My friend is crafting a boat for us to go fishing, and she's doing it all by herself. I get to ride the boat without contributing anything =)

Easy life baby.

This is one of the specific reasons I want trading.  I want to be able to help people make their big projects and contribute to them so that when I use them I've helped them on it and we both earned it together.  I'm not sure if you're trolling or not with that post though?

Posted

This is one of the specific reasons I want trading.  I want to be able to help people make their big projects and contribute to them so that when I use them I've helped them on it and we both earned it together.  I'm not sure if you're trolling or not with that post though?

Tsurugi is awesome. 

Posted

Didn't help out really.

u acutally believe them gold sellers selling  ? lmaoo gl with telling your mom why she has 0 balance in her card.

Posted

Tsurugi is awesome. 

I thought I've seen him/her post before so I figured they were just -----ing with me. 

Posted

Definitely trolling, because people assume trading = lazy