• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[UPDATED] Daum - Why the hell can't we trade or mail items to friends?

1,710 posts in this topic

Posted

I am pretty sure it is just the current items

Posted

I am pretty sure it is just the current items

That would definitely be a shame.

Posted

The sad part is, the ones who are insecure are the ones who dont want you "twinking" your friends character.

This game has no "ranking" system outside of guilds. OP giving his friend apples does nothing to you.

You are just insecure and you need the power trip this game gives you to feel "better than other people".

Congratulations guys. You are good at a video game.

Posted

Title.  This is a basic feature of every single MMO.  I just want to give my friend an apple and the trade function allows me to trade a beginner potion and nothing else it seems.

What is the excuse here?

OH! LOOK ITS A GOLDSELLER WHININQ ABOUT THEIR BUSINESS PLAN GONE WRONG!

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you think using Sans will get you the attention you so desperately lack in real life?

Posted

How original.

Posted

I like the fact that Goldsellers will be non-existent once those guest passes start to become harder to get. Hell, maybe it won't work, but Daum seem pretty committed to fighting the goldsellers and I'm going to give them a chance before throwing my toys out of the pram.

And I like that the economy will never run out of control. Lost count of the number of people on other MMO's complaining about inflation and rapidly rising prices. Not here. It is sad for the small minority who really do think person to person trading is all there is to being social, but at least you have plenty of goldseller swamped, hacked and bot laden MMO's to chose from.

It's not perfect, but I get all tingly and warm just thinking about the goldsellers, cheats and hackers who are being frustrated by this. No doubt a lot of these single issues posters on here are those very people. Ahhhhhhhh.... *tingle* *warm*

Posted

I like the fact that Goldsellers will be non-existent once those guest passes start to become harder to get. Hell, maybe it won't work, but Daum seem pretty committed to fighting the goldsellers and I'm going to give them a chance before throwing my toys out of the pram.

And I like that the economy will never run out of control. Lost count of the number of people on other MMO's complaining about inflation and rapidly rising prices. Not here. It is sad for the small minority who really do think person to person trading is all there is to being social, but at least you have plenty of goldseller swamped, hacked and bot laden MMO's to chose from.

It's not perfect, but I get all tingly and warm just thinking about the goldsellers, cheats and hackers who are being frustrated by this. No doubt a lot of these single issues posters on here are those very people. Ahhhhhhhh.... *tingle* *warm*

The market will die when the Fallout 4 DLC comes out and all the single player open world bandwagoners leave.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure they can add a bunch of items to be opened to trading, but making every item tradable would be retarded.

Posted

And how do you feel about the legitimate players who just want to help each other out?  I want to help my friend build a fishing boat but can't since beer and potions don't a fishing boat make.

Posted

And how do you feel about the legitimate players who just want to help each other out?  I want to help my friend build a fishing boat but can't since beer and potions don't a fishing boat make.

So would you be happy with just gathering items be added to trading? 

Posted

Soon we won't be able to even talk in general chat!!!!

Posted

Better than nothing.

Some people just enjoy bartering. Heckling down a trader and taking him for a loop. You know, -----ING TRADING.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah.  I've said that since the beginning.  I wouldn't care if even this soulbound system just extended to all items either.  If I gave my friend a potato and it became soulbound to him, I think we'd both still be happy.  I would obviously prefer all items be tradeable (even if they just become soulbound after, I wouldn't care) but if it was just crafting materials I'd be 100% fine with that.

Edited by Mdogg

Posted

And I like that the economy will never run out of control. Lost count of the number of people on other MMO's complaining about inflation and rapidly rising prices. Not here.

Hate to burst your bubble but EVERY MMO -- including this one -- will end up having inflation. Money spawning out of thin air onto mobs for players to farm causing a constant influx of more money. You just haven't seen it in this game yet because... well... it's only a week old. Now, admittedly, it IS worse in some games than others. People seem determined to blame interplayer trading for all the evils in the MMO universe, saying hey, this game doesn't have that problem and this game doesn't have player trading, so there must be a causal relation there, when really it's mostly just that this game is just a week old.

I guess we can just wait 'til all the same ol' problems that EVERY game ends up having (gold sellers, spammers, inflation, you name it) slowly creeps into this game, and then can we stop blaming player trading for all those things. (I really don't want all those bad things to happen in this game, but... sadly, there are lots of people out there always looking for ways to ruin nice games. And inflation, well, it's just destined to happen when you have heaps of money pouring in constantly.)

Posted

Soon we won't be able to even talk in general chat!!!!

That's okay it's a single player game anyway.  

...wait...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

delete

Edited by Keth

Posted

Because it would cost them more money to allow something like that.
Because most of you are ignoramuses, they aren't liable, held responsible, expected to do a proper job regarding it.

It's as much our fault as gamers as it is theirs for being a company interested in profit margin.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's good that it's a level playing field and nobody gets an unfair boost. I think it's great he can't buy a boat off the web like, for example, you can buy BiS weapons for GW2 off goldseller sites. I think rather than wasting your time posting here, you should be helping him, explaining what he needs to do if he doesn't know.

Posted

Inflation is going to be extremely bad in this game because all the cosmetics, like LITERALLY ALL OF THEM are RMTs.

Theres nothing to buy in this game other than practical power items and consumables.

Posted

Hate to burst your bubble but EVERY MMO -- including this one -- will end up having inflation. Money spawning out of thin air onto mobs for players to farm causing a constant influx of more money. You just haven't seen it in this game yet because... well... it's only a week old. Now, admittedly, it IS worse in some games than others. People seem determined to blame interplayer trading for all the evils in the MMO universe, saying hey, this game doesn't have that problem and this game doesn't have player trading, so there must be a causal relation there, when really it's mostly just that this game is just a week old.

I guess we can just wait 'til all the same ol' problems that EVERY game ends up having (gold sellers, spammers, inflation, you name it) slowly creeps into this game, and then can we stop blaming player trading for all those things. (I really don't want all those bad things to happen in this game, but... sadly, there are lots of people out there always looking for ways to ruin nice games. And inflation, well, it's just destined to happen when you have heaps of money pouring in constantly.)

Nah bro, just read nothing and blindly complain without any thought given.

Posted

Well, I see in the latest patch notes, they're trying to take additional measures to crack down on any potential for "gold selling":

"Items traded 1:1 will become character bound and can not be sold anymore to the NPC (character bound" (from the patch notes for tomorrow)

This is good, I think. Maybe if they can put enough conditions in place that it convinces them that the gold sellers are effectively stopped, then maybe we can allow the player-to-player trading of more types of items. :-)

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's good that it's a level playing field and nobody gets an unfair boost. I think it's great he can't buy a boat off the web like, for example, you can buy BiS weapons for GW2 off goldseller sites. I think rather than wasting your time posting here, you should be helping him, explaining what he needs to do if he doesn't know.

No, you need to just stop wanting to be a special snowflake in a game that more or less equates to spamming one or two keys at giant waves of retarded enemies.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well I hate to spit on your bubble, but how about giving the game and Daum a chance and waiting to see if what you guess will happen, actually does?

After all, as you say, it's only a week old.

in a game that more or less equates to spamming one or two keys at giant waves of retarded enemies.

Lol. If that all you are doing, no wonder you are so salty. Talk to MDogg, he's looking for noob players to help.

Posted

Well, I see in the latest patch notes, they're trying to take additional measures to crack down on any potential for "gold selling":

"Items traded 1:1 will become character bound and can not be sold anymore to the NPC (character bound" (from the patch notes for tomorrow)

This is good, I think. Maybe if they can put enough conditions in place that it convinces them that the gold sellers are effectively stopped, then maybe we can allow the player-to-player trading of more types of items. :-)

Yeah, if you can't sell items after they're traded, maybe open up stuff like materials!