• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My name is taken!? I reserved it!

41 posts in this topic

Posted

So I have a character named "BlahName"(example) on Edan.

Does that count towards Uno?  I am unable to make a character named "BlahName" on Uno because it says the name is taken??  Or did someone really take that name?  I reserved my character's actual name... or is it a one time use??

And if I delete "BlahName" on Edan... is there a wait period before I can use the name again?  I know there is a wait period for the deletion... but to use the name again, is there one?

Any help is much appreciated.

e9e521f096.jpg

Posted (edited)

pretty sure reserved names are by Region (NA / EU), so if you have already used the name you would have to get rid of the old character before you could make a new one with that name, but you should probably double check, just check the website, im sure it says.

Edited by Yun Che

Posted

I heard something about all the servers being merged into one with 24 channels?

That means names are regional right?

Posted

Yun Che is right. Reserved names are by region, not by server. So the reason why it says the name is already in use is because you are already using it. I'm not sure about how long the wait period is for reusing names, but I have heard it was 30 days. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yun Che is right. Reserved names are by region, not by server. So the reason why it says the name is already in use is because you are already using it. I'm not sure about how long the wait period is for reusing names, but I have heard it was 30 days. 

30 days?

Seriously?

Is the server merge going to be an actual thing?

Edited by GOOLOOGOOLOOGOOLOOGOOLOO

Posted

You might be able to talk to support about a name swap or something. I'd personally just stay on Edan.

Posted (edited)

Don't know about reserved names, maybe they are different (but I doubt it).  But if you delete a character with a certain name, as soon as it deletes you can use that name.  There is no waiting period.

But yes, it's by region.  So someone on Uno can't have the same name as someone on Edan.

Edited by Pufferfish

Posted

30 days is the wait time for names, I was informed by Jousaka yesterday.

Posted

Do you think by making a ticket, I can have that wait timer removed?

Don't know about reserved names, maybe they are different (but I doubt it).  But if you delete a character with a certain name, as soon as it deletes you can use that name.  There is no waiting period.

But yes, it's by region.  So someone on Uno can't have the same name as someone on Edan.

Oh I just saw this post?  Is it 30 days or asap? I don't know anymore!

lol

Posted

lmao where were u when they did the 10sec deletion, you could have re-roll on any server and use your reserved name...

Posted

Do you think by making a ticket, I can have that wait timer removed?

Oh I just saw this post?  Is it 30 days or asap? I don't know anymore!

lol

Like I said, maybe the reserved names are different.  You have to wait that 24 hours for it to delete.  But I deleted 2 characters and instantly remade them with the same names, no issue.  But I didn't use my reserved name.

Posted

lmao where were u when they did the 10sec deletion, you could have re-roll on any server and use your reserved name...

When was this? And where?

Posted (edited)

30 days?

Seriously?

Is the server merge going to be an actual thing?

Not sure how it works in launch, but in the Betas then your name would be avaiable to use once you deleted your character. Character deletion takes 24 hours. 

Edited by Jettesnell

Posted

When was this? And where?

It was before the official launch (3rd of March). A lot of people on NA ended up on servers that they didn't choose, and some had to delete their characters and re-roll on the server that they wanted. They reduced the deletion time of characters on NA to 10 seconds and also removed the name block so the people that had to re-roll didn't have to wait 24 hours. This was a temporary change and was reverted back during the maintenance on the 3rd of March. 

Posted

FFIV, DCUO and any game that offers actual surnames, best games.

What I would do to actually have a game where I'm not putting extra vowels in my name to spell what I want /pain

1 person likes this

Posted

When was this? And where?

it was offered a day after their screw up

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/26081-head-start-issue-resolutions-ii/

it was their first maintenance

Additional changes made during maintenance:

• Deletion time of characters for NA has been reduced to 10 seconds; temporary change
• Name Block after deletion of characters has been removed; temporary change
• Monster EXP in the Rhutum/Catfish area has been adjusted on EU and NA to balance the leveling areas and match the intended leveling speed/curve.

Posted

it was offered a day after their screw up

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/26081-head-start-issue-resolutions-ii/

it was their first maintenance

Additional changes made during maintenance:

• Deletion time of characters for NA has been reduced to 10 seconds; temporary change
• Name Block after deletion of characters has been removed; temporary change
• Monster EXP in the Rhutum/Catfish area has been adjusted on EU and NA to balance the leveling areas and match the intended leveling speed/curve.

What a good time to miss.

Posted

Then he's wrong. I've deleted 3 characters so far and have been able to use the same names, the moment they've been deleted. There is no '30 day period'.

Posted

Then he's wrong. I've deleted 3 characters so far and have been able to use the same names, the moment they've been deleted. There is no '30 day period'.

Then SSSHHH don't let him know

let him be wrong lolol

Posted

I tried as soon as the character was deleted and then again the next day, no luck. Afaik, there is a 30 day period.

1 person likes this

Posted

I tried as soon as the character was deleted and then again the next day, no luck. Afaik, there is a 30 day period.

Nah that's weird. I got another character being deleted in 30 mins and I'll use the name, I'll take screenshots to show as proof there is no waiting period.

Posted

Nico Nico Nii~

Anyways, I've read somewhere that it would be 24 hours, not 30 days O.o are you sure it had been over 24 hours?

Posted

Well is it different for normal names vs reserved names?

Or if you preordered vs guest pass vs buying on release?

Posted

You should provide a picture of your reserve name, not an image that says "Name is already use".

Posted

You should provide a picture of your reserve name, not an image that says "Name is already use".

I'm afraid it might be taken after it's been used once.

I don't see how posting an image of it will help.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0