• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Am i the only one that thinks dyes are a bit too hard to get?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

There are so many colors and different shades that it seems near impossible to see the worth of purchasing dye boxes over and over hoping to get colors that match.

I don't really know of a way to fix this but i don't see myself ever using dyes in this game because the rng paired with the ridiculous amounts of dyes there are.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? or does the generic "blue dye box, red dye box etc." work enough for you?

Posted

Its RNG, I wish we had a system like with GW2, you unlock the dyes that you get for all your characters and the one that you dont want, you give it your friends or sell it to other players.

RNG Dyes is another part of  problem when it comes to the outfit issue in BDO. Unless a player wants to look decent and different, they have no choice, but to buy stuff from the Cash Shop.

3 people like this

Posted

We are behind KR/RU in terms of content, soon we will have a new item; Dye Palette which is 30day item with all colors available for unlimited use. But after 30 days unless you buy a new one, all your dyes are removed from your costumes.

Posted

I personally think it should just be permanent, it gets added to your collection of dyes and you can equip/unequip colors, instead of loosing the dye once it is applied.

Thats actually how it should be on our B2P version if the game.

BTW, forgot to say, theres like 10 billion dyes and you have multiple slots for dyes per piece of equipment so they wouldnt really loose money, people would still buy due, untill they have all the ones they need.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

We are behind KR/RU in terms of content, soon we will have a new item; Dye Palette which is 30day item with all colors available for unlimited use. But after 30 days unless you buy a new one, all your dyes are removed from your costumes.

I like this item, hope they release it soon in the west. What was the price of this item?

Edited by Yew

Posted

There are 188 different dyes. I think once you get one it should be permanent, hell a dye is what.... $1.50 for a random? If someone really wanted all of them they'd still have to spend hundreds, just they get to keep it, which seems very fair. 

How much was it?

1 person likes this

Posted

The dye system is Freaking horrible.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

There are 188 different dyes. I think once you get one it should be permanent, hell a dye is what.... $1.50 for a random? If someone really wanted all of them they'd still have to spend hundreds, just they get to keep it, which seems very fair. 

How much was it?

I THINK IT WAS 15$ Could be wrong tho

Edited by Sabo

Posted

BDO- B2P and P2L.

Pay to Look

This is getting worse and worse.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mynban said:

Sabo said:

BDO- B2P and P2L.

Pay to Look

This is getting worse and worse.

So, a sub, a monthly sub where armours still cost $32 to buy. Brilliant! /j

Posted

I think it should perma unlock a dye color. 

Besids that i cant even use it somehow :D its buggy i have the dye in my inventory 8 cash Shop ) but can use it in the Dye system its not shown-

Posted

hahaha im crying this cash shop policy is really greedy and just shows how its just a basic cash grab

instead of making dyes from the start perma or think of a good system so they make money and we get something for our money nooo they think of a system to F'k us over in almost every aspect of the cash shop whoever thought of this cash shop

whoever thought of this cash shop oohh booy when i meet you  RUN 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nope youre not the only one, it's really ridiculous and plain rude imo.

Posted

I think it is, I think this needs a change as well. That $15 thing is awful too. None of my friends are satisfied with this and neither am I.

On a side note, is it even possible to get black?

Posted

This shoulda been under the "change for western release" section of the contract DAUM made with Pearl Abyss I think.  Buying dyes is fair, buying dyes you dont keep is some F2P nonsense man...  Bullshit.

3 people like this

Posted

$17 actually, more than the cost of a subscription based game. ¬¬

Posted

I believe they do it that way so people will spend money. 

Posted

I look at it like this:

These games have to pay for themselves. Natural human greed also means they have to make a play for the Whales. YOU WILL NOT CHANGE EITHER OF THOSE TWO THINGS IN A MILLION YEARS.

So what's better? GW2's nice Dyes system and full-blown pay to win system, or Atlantica Online nice dye system and RNG boxes full-blown pay to win system. Or BDO's not pay to win but RNG boxes Dye system?

Your pick, but I know which one i prefer every day of the week. So it's best not to try and whine about the world not being perfect. Will save you a *lot* of grief throughout your lives :).

Posted (edited)

I like how they did it in FFonline. Haven't played in four years so things might have changed, but once you hit a certain level you can buy dyes in came with coin any color you want. 

Edited by TheCounter

Posted

i like the dye system as it is. if anything they could at least offer limited time seasonal event dye boxes that were rng of a specific category (valencian dyes, for example), that could pop in/out of the cash store.

dont bother buying single dyes. those aren't worth. only buy dye bundles. and then take any mucky colours you hate and combine them. spent the $25 leftover cash from conq pack on dye bundles and i got a ton of dyes. I got some blacks and some very dark colours that look black anyway ---- same thing with white and white shades. the color shades themselves seemed okay. maybe my standards are too low and i dont like being a stripper with neon pinks and cyans, so the most common colors you get from dyes is something i'm content with. *shrug*

Posted

I like it, you can get 1 free dye every 2 days if that's your thing (+ more on certain milestones), it's not the sort of game where you switch gear/colours every day (if you thought it was then you have been misled).

It makes the dyes more special and exciting. You also get 9 for logging 50 hours and can get some from quests (I think), that's a decent starter pack, within a month you should have all the basic shades to fully dye an outfit or two, then you can fine tune it to perfection over the months or get more outfits/alts.

This game is not one where you get everything you want in a week, if you did then there would be even more people crying "dyes are so useless, too easy to get, not exciting, i'm done with the game in a week".

Posted

I love the amount of colors you can choose from, but I hate how the feature is implemented. I'm all for buying dyes, the price tag for it is fine as well... if they change it so the dyes are permanently added to our Palette once we get them. As it is right now, there's really no point in buying dyes. It takes more RNG to get a set of dye you want than to exchange a bunch of pets for a t3 or t4. Why should a cosmetic change with no buffs or boosts whatsoever be the biggest cash sink? 

I really hope Daum decides to revamp their dye system. I'm supportive of most other items on the pearl shop, but dyes are a complete rip-off. It's ridiculous. I know people who would dye their armor if it was changed this way, but are refusing to do so with the current system in place. And before anyone tries to argue about PA and Daum making little profits etc... as someone pointed out in another thread, there are 188 different colors. If the packs stayed RNG like they are now but offered permanent dyes, it'd still cost people hundreds, maybe even thousands, to invest in a full palette. If they're going after a few colors, sure, they could get lucky and obtain the dye in a few boxes. If that's really the issue, nerf the rates of white/black dye and allow dyes to be sold. They're sellable on other regions, they should enable it here too. The dye section is already on the marketplace, just implement it. Don't listen to the people who cry P2W P2W on everything, selling dyes isn't P2W. Most dyes don't sell for that much anyway.

I guess it's up to PA/Daum to decide... the idea is on the table.

1 person likes this

Posted

There are so many colors and different shades that it seems near impossible to see the worth of purchasing dye boxes over and over hoping to get colors that match.

I don't really know of a way to fix this but i don't see myself ever using dyes in this game because the rng paired with the ridiculous amounts of dyes there are.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? or does the generic "blue dye box, red dye box etc." work enough for you?

If you are curious about the reason why the dye system is like it is, you have to look at greed. Enough said...

Posted

If you are curious about the reason why the dye system is like it is, you have to look at greed. Enough said...

despite the loud voices on the forum some people like rng.

Posted

despite the loud voices on the forum some people like rng.

It's not about liking or not liking, it's more about the way they price it. Like if I knew I was going to get a specific dye for 0,50€ or 1€ or 1,50€ i would be alright but If I think perhaps I'm gonna have to put an undetermined amount of money and pray to get the dye that I want, it makes it so that I'll never buy a dye from them but whatever. It's not because I dislike RNG, I like it in a proper context, just as in Diablo 3 or in a slot machine. When purchasing dyes I just don't see it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0