• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ghillie... HORRIBLE

155 posts in this topic

Posted

It's just a P2W item that supports people with negative karma and ruins regular PvP.

Someone attacks me, then runs off, I have no idea who the hell that person was. They look like everyone else, and I can't tell what their name is. HORRIBLE item. Totally messes with world PvP and makes it horrible to get revenge or even know who has negative karma in order to pounce onto them. 

1 item that defies 10 game features.

Horrid.

37 people like this

Posted

I love mine.
#sorryboutit

10 people like this

Posted

They should make it that within a certain range of the player the name shows, if the purpose of the costume is to hide your presence then it will still do that to some degree. People are currently using it in a way wich offers them safety in anonymity.

1 person likes this

Posted

their name shows up when they attack you or a party member or a guild member, fyi.

6 people like this

Posted

I was told Outlaws glow red. Suit doesn't hide that.

3 people like this

Posted

How to see that when their names are hidden?

-Solution: Buy a dog. Barks when Flagged peeps/red players approach you.

4 people like this

Posted

It's just a P2W item that supports people with negative karma and ruins regular PvP.

Someone attacks me, then runs off, I have no idea who the hell that person was. They look like everyone else, and I can't tell what their name is. HORRIBLE item. Totally messes with world PvP and makes it horrible to get revenge or even know who has negative karma in order to pounce onto them. 

1 item that defies 10 game features.

Horrid.

As an avid world pvper who has done owpvp in every game imaginable i agree, it is the most p2w aspect also, though even if it was not cash shop restricted i would be against it.

Bdo has a good sneaking system and one of the benefits is that it removes your name, at the cost of moving much slower, its a great little system. Now... You can have the treant suit to have that bonus while running full speed, constantly hiding your name, which in turn makes it hard for people to single you out.

Then there is the issue that it hides your name and health bar in combat.... Even if you keep track of the guy like normal you still do not know his hp, so you dont know when to burst or stun or do any tactics.

It has a counter which is the flare but all i know about that is it requires t3 workbench or something.  Put that item on general vendor for now could be a compromise. 

2 people like this

Posted

better not wear that crap because the other sets are way more p2w, and to the ppl that dye the suit are freakin retarded or what? hide name but run in bright purple ? ok nice gg

1 person likes this

Posted

It's just a P2W item that

Stopped reading there.

7 people like this

Posted

it does not but the glow is not that bright. Then there is issue when many wear it, focus targeting and co-ordination,  finding a certain player etc.

Posted

I agree it's a terrible thing for an open world PvP game. There should be at the very least some sort of negative to it. It's absolutely necessary if you want to PvP. 

Posted

I agree it's a terrible thing for an open world PvP game. There should be at the very least some sort of negative to it. It's absolutely necessary if you want to PvP. 

Agree, atm apart from looking like a tree there is no negative at all. 

Posted (edited)

They should make it that within a certain range of the player the name shows, if the purpose of the costume is to hide your presence then it will still do that to some degree. People are currently using it in a way wich offers them safety in anonymity.

Even without the gillie suit, if someone lays down in grass near you, their name doesn't appear and they become a lot harder to see. Saw a GvG video where a person laid down in grass right at the entrance of the enemies castle, and like 20 people ran past them within a few feet and didn't even notice them, lmao. All without the suit.

Then they stood up and killed a person before being slaughtered. xD

Edited by Yakusoku
1 person likes this

Posted

Yep. P2W garbage.

2 people like this

Posted

Even without the gillie suit, if someone lays down in grass near you, their name doesn't appear and they become a lot harder to see. Saw a GvG video where a person laid down in grass right at the entrance of the enemies castle, and like 20 people ran past them within a few feet and didn't even notice them, lmao. All without the suit.

Then they stood up and killed a person before being slaughtered. xD

Yeah I do this without it but the problem is, it has many negatives the crouching system, thats why its great. 

When you are in stealth mode, your name is hidden and you are not on the radar, however if some one does see you, you are at a disadvantage as it takes a couple of sec to get out of stealth mode. Also once you start combat, you are straight away noticed as your name now appears.

Ghillie suits name never appears. Even in combat, you can not see the health bar either which is a massive advantage.
A group of people wearing Ghillie suits will have a massvive advantage over a group without as the group without will not be able to call targets at all, where as the ghillie team would be able to. 
During gvg you won't be able to tell if its an enemy or not but they will clearly know who you are. 

All in all for me its the most bad part of BDO right now, I love the game and I will try to counter it but for me it's blatant bad game mechanics, it removes the point of the crouch system (which has drawbacks) all together.

1 person likes this

Posted

They seem to be concerned about how much they would make without these types of items in the cash shop. My guess is they won't go away unless they can somehow magically be reassured they'll continue to make the same amount or more without nonsense stats/items being available. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Stopped reading there.

Nice, great rebuttal to why a cash shop item giving players the ability to hide their nameplates over another person isn't and advantage!

5 people like this

Posted

Yeah I do this without it but the problem is, it has many negatives the crouching system, thats why its great. 

When you are in stealth mode, your name is hidden and you are not on the radar, however if some one does see you, you are at a disadvantage as it takes a couple of sec to get out of stealth mode. Also once you start combat, you are straight away noticed as your name now appears.

Ghillie suits name never appears. Even in combat, you can not see the health bar either which is a massive advantage.
A group of people wearing Ghillie suits will have a massvive advantage over a group without as the group without will not be able to call targets at all, where as the ghillie team would be able to. 
During gvg you won't be able to tell if its an enemy or not but they will clearly know who you are. 

All in all for me its the most bad part of BDO right now, I love the game and I will try to counter it but for me it's blatant bad game mechanics, it removes the point of the crouch system (which has drawbacks) all together.

Their name still shows up when they attack you, or a party member though....

Posted

No they don't. 

Posted

It doesn't. You can actually see their health, but only if you've recently damaged them. And by recent, I mean within the last few seconds before it disappears regardless of whether or not they're fighting another player or they are just evading your attack.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't think it was mentioned, but they still show up as a dot on the minimap at least.

Posted

The cash shop is a huge issue.. no doubt about it..

Posted

Stopped reading there.

INDEED. OP has no idea about P2W.

3 people like this

Posted

Huh, seems to be conflicting information on both here and reddit then. :\

Posted

Huh, seems to be conflicting information on both here and reddit then. :\

IDK what they're saying on Reddit, but I've PvPed extensively with them so far. A person with negative karma, the is flagged for pvp (or that you flagged on and attacked), or is in a guild you are at war with will be glowing red even with the gillie suit. The red glow doesn't mean much, though. It's incredibly difficult to track a player using a suit which is more important than not knowing who is who IMO.